It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D10 LE] When the War is Over (Futago Ranch)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:43 pm 
Given the heat, workers on the ranch spent more time shirtless than they did fully clothed but, as Ryuu removed his shirt, a blush crept into the young girl's cheeks. He had seemed to Moriko on many occasions to be carved from alabaster, but now the description was all too apt, pale and sculpted, it was clear that he had never had to toil under the harsh sun. "That looks bad," the young Phoenix murmured, "let me get some towels."

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:02 pm 
"It looks worse than it feels." He nodded, finally assessing the damage. He politely said nothing about her blush, instead closing his eyes, allowing the privacy for her to tend to it.

Did not stop a smile from creeping onto his face though. "You are very capable in tending. Far more so than I am."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:43 pm 
Moriko dutifully returned from the small bathroom with a few soft towels, she turned on the kitchen sink and soaked one of them, squeezing it out well. Moving behind Ryuu made her feel somehow less anxious, but not by much. The girl pressed one of the dry towels into his hand before gently sponging away the blood and fluids from burst blisters, the skin beneath raw and ragged, almost as ragged as the panicked beat of her heart. The wet towel was cool and soothing. "You flatter me, Ryuu-san, I'm sure you can follow the instructions on a tube of burn cream as well as I can."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:04 pm 
"That may be. Where I am from, we take a more walk it off, throw some dirt on it approach, though." He laughed a bit, a slight wince when the cold compress was pressed against the wound. Not so much that kt hurt, but that it was tender and sore. He did not retreat from her hand, however. Instead, he focused entirely on her face.

"Not that I would suggest as such to you. I would just try to find a medic rather than inflict my clumsy hands upon you for tending. You deserve better than what I can provide in that."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:14 pm 
"A wounded otori can very quickly become a dead otori, you quickly become accustomed to tending to their scrapes and bumps if you spend much time around them," Moriko explained. She folded the towel to hide the stains before tossing it on the table, picking up the ointment. As her fingertips touched his bare skin, the Phoenix very nearly forgot to breathe, her heart hammering deafeningly in her ears.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 pm 
Ryuu was perceptive, if anything. He relaxed his posture, trying to make things easier. Trying to help allow her to relax.

Because he himself was not. This was intimate, so close together, tending to the wound, barely able to speak above a whisper, nor wanting to be louder.

He clutched the dry towel, focusing on something else. "Other than it being treating an injury? I... would like getting used to this." The words bsrely audible, more real than the stoicness demanded.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:27 pm 
Blessed Fortunes, be kind, Ryuu's shift in posture only drew her attention more pointedly to his bare torso, and Moriko blushed bright red. Her cheeks were hot, her ears were hot, she felt like she'd been placed in an oven turned up high. She didn't stop though, wondering if the burn would scar, hoping it would, hoping to be reminded of this moment every time she saw the scar. Her mind was spiralling with the implications, her body aflame, a phoenix ready to be reborn.

Desperately seeking a line of conversation that didn't end in the desire to touch the carven samurai in front of her, "I..." Moriko's voice trembled as she struggled to hide her breathlessness, and she changed tack "would you enjoy having someone to take care of you?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:35 pm 
"Not so much the taking care of..." he replied, turning his head slightly, ryes opening again. His face close to hers, equally flush. "The closeness with you. Nights spent talking like this." He swallowed hard, after he spoke.

There was so much he wanted, yet he fought back against it. "I... we... this is nice. And my thoughts, I must confess... stray from being honorable. And so I fight it, because you deserve every ounce of honor I can muster."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:53 pm 
Whatever web this Spider had spun, Moriko was deeply entangled now, and it wasn't honour that made her hesitate. Thin walls and close quarters left few secrets regarding what samurai got up to in the dark, but her direct experience was lacking, as it should be for a girl of her age and station. Curiosity killed the cat, she repeated to herself, swallowing hard, even as she was haunted by the reply, but satisfaction brought it back. "Thank you, Ryuu-san," Moriko whispered, "excuse me a moment?" her voice was still small, but stronger.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 am 
"Of course, Moriko-san." He nodded, sitting up straighter. He closed his eyes, trying to push out any remaining improper thoughts. He focused on the sounds of the apartment, the scents in the air, just... finding his thoughts going back to her.

"I apologize for... the impropriety."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:15 am 
"No apology is needed," she replied from around the corner, opening a drawer and rifling for a few moments. Returning, she was still quite red, offering him a plain white t-shirt in the same humble manner as she'd presented his meal on the rooftop two days ago. "I cannot allow you to make your way back to your lodgings in such a state of undress. NotthatI'maskingyoutoleave," she added hurriedly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 am 
The Spider took it, pulling it on over his torso. It wasn't s tight fit, hut it certainly was cut close. Ryuu relaxed, offering her a smile. "Thank you. This will do. Hopefully I will not have stretched it." There was a small laugh, then a nod.

"I did not take it as such. I am not in a hurry to leave, either. I rather enjoyed sitting with you."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:26 am 
In some ways the shirt, pulling in all the right places, was worse than before, or more likely Moriko's thoughts were already on a one-way journey to passion and wouldn't be diverted so easily. Her modest breasts rose and fell noticeably, as if she were out of breath, "are you hungry?" She didn't cross the kitchen so much as turn around, taking out some glasses and a pitcher of water with sliced peaches and cherries floating within, and pouring a drink for each of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:09 am 
"I could eat." Ryuu nodded, trying to push the thoughts from his mind. Of course, being trained to always be perceptive, to apply such talents with the strength and will of Daigotsu, he noticed the way her breathing hitched, the flush in her cheeks, the way she moved. His own nervousness was there, the mixture of feelings and decency fighting within him.

He stood, walking into the kitchenette. His hand graced over hers over the glass she poured. Looking down to her. "I do not want you to trouble yourself, though." His presence was intense, magnified and twisted by the terrible aura. "Moriko-san. Relax. Just as you said before... simply be, in this moment. I am doing all I can to heed that as well."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 am 
"You're making that somewhat difficult, Ryuu-san," she admitted; Moriko would have given just about anything to feel still in this moment, wishing she could calm her breathing, slow her racing heart. The miai was so very close to ending now, but some phantom, some haunting spirit of a previous life warned her that it could all still come crashing down as suddenly as a thunderstorm, "if we were to marry, I would hope that you find me as pure as you find me honourable."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:39 am 
"I do not wish it to be difficult. If we marry..." his voice above a whisper, "... you would find no one more loyal to you. I already think the universe of you. Nothing could change that." He slowly pulled the glass away from her hand, taking a drink.

"I would be happy with you. I know this to be true."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:54 am 
Ignoring the drink she had just poured for herself, "do not mistake me, I should very much like to spend the rest of my life with you, starting from this very moment." Moriko exhaled tremulously, chewing her lip, feeling complicated and confused. She wasn't sure he understood, and perhaps it was better if he didn't, perhaps it was better to remove the temptation. He was so close, and the girl shivered, "It's getting quite late, I feel quite weary."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:02 am 
He nodded, understanding. "I would not deny you your rest. Nor would I wish to impose on your hospitality." Ryuu took a step back, smiling softly. The blood was pumping, audibly in his ears. The Spider bowed to her, deeply, before setting the empty glass on the table. "Thank you, for the tender care of my wound. I am in your debt."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 am 
Moriko almost changed her mind in that moment, "I'm sorry, Ryuu-san," but if he felt the way she did, then it was the best thing for both of them. "Thank you, for today. For everything. I, uh..." she found a cautious smile, "would you attend the tanabata with me tomorrow?"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:26 am 
"It would be my honor, Moriko-san." His eyes were half lidded, his smile pleasant. "And you never need thank me. If it is within my power, whatever you need, I will be there." His head tilted upwards, that determination showing in his features.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next