It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D11 LE] Ten Million Fireflies (Futago Ranch)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm 
Moriko was relieved to be out of the city. As much as she enjoyed tanabata, it was always exhausting. The young Phoenix was more than happy to fetch the sake bottle they had opened the other night and bring it up to the rooftop. Ten was hidden from sight, curled up and pouting in the pillow fort Moriko set up for him on festival nights, the pup wasn’t a fan of fireworks. The ranch was unusually quiet. Almost everyone was at the festival, or drinking, or passed out from drinking; the otori had been herded away from the city where the fireworks would disturb them less. It was almost like they were alone in the world.

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

Post subject: Re: [D11 LE] Ten Million Fireflies (Futago Ranch)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm 
Ryuu was more than pleased to be returning to the roof of her apartment. He had tried to take her advice, and relax while being in the kimono. It still felt awkward, though freeing to have his hair down. He would follow up after her, looking out to the city, the forest.

Expectant for the fireworks display when it was time.

"A perfect way to end the night."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:38 pm 
“Almost,” she agreed, pouring sake for both of them, they just had to get through tomorrow. Plucking up her courage, now that there was no one around to overhear, “Ryuu-san, I hope you can forgive me for being pragmatic, but...” she took a deep breath. Away from the city, the moonlight glowed in his white hair like something otherworldly, it complimented his pale skin and it seemed like he should be cool to the touch, but she recalled his skin had been warm, vital, alive. Moriko blushed, dragging her wayward thoughts back in line.

“They say that if you confess your love on the night of tanabata, then Benten himself will bless your union.” The girl rushed on before Ryuu could interrupt, “I know that this can’t be love—not yet—but I hope my sincerity is enough, I hope that this time next year I can tell you without reservation that I have fallen fully and only for you.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:46 pm 
"There is nothing to be forgiven for, Moriko-san." He thanked her for the offered cup, taking it in his hands. He stayed close to her, breathing slowly. It was easier to be still, slightly. Likely due to less adrenaline working through their systems now then after a firefight.

He watched how her eyes caught the moonlight, the way her hair caught the wine. "It is more than enough. We are here, together. We will work and build from here, together. While I thrill to hear those words, I know what you are saying is true. Next year, and every year after that, it will be more and more."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:59 pm 
Moriko sent a silent prayer heavenwards that the Fortunes give heed to their small hopes, insignificant things in the grand schemes of a universe. “Did you sleep well last night?” sleep had not come easily to the Phoenix, her mind chattering like an entire troop of monkeys.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:20 pm 
He was a dark mirror of her. His own prayers offered in that moment of silence. He was devout in his beliefs, so he hoped it added some credence.

When she asked the the question, he shook his head. "Not particularly. It was not restful. Too much excitement yesterday." Not to mention his head had still been spinning from their time together.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:42 pm 
“I am sorry to have sent you away as I did,” it was much easier to talk about it like this, when her heart wasn’t about to explode, when she didn’t feel like she had just run a mile through the fungal forests. “Ryuu-san, you are a very attractive man, but I have no wish to test your resolve,” or my own, “yet I wouldn’t want you think me unmoved by... you.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:59 pm 
"No. Do not be sorry. I would not want to put you in a position that risks your honor." He blushed at the comment of attractiveness, "Thank you, Moriko-san. You are lovely, graceful, and beautiful."

Those intense blue eyes were half lidded as he focused. "We were dealing with the intensity of life after battle. It makes everything more intense."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:10 pm 
A smile curled her lips, “I hope you’re not suggesting it will take a firefight to inspire you to take your future spouse to your bed.” The girl blushed hotly at her boldness, her tone teasing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:17 pm 
"Certainly not." He stepped closer, amusement on his features. "From where I am standing, she does the inspiring very well on her own." Another sip from the sake, a twinkling in his eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:31 pm 
“Oh, shush,” Moriko hid her blushing face behind a sleeve, and a small mewling sound emerged from the deep pockets. Embarrassed, but for an entirely different reason now, she reached into the sleeve and withdraw a small furry bundle, somewhat like a little white kitten.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:43 pm 
He was about to say something smart back, but was stopped by the little bundle. An eyebrow raised, as he noted the creature, then back to Moriko.

"And who is this?" He asked, looking back at the kitten-like being.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:18 pm 
Moriko stroked the little creature, which unfolded itself to reveal a decidedly unkittenesque countenance. There were no external ears, and it’s round little face was all but split in two by a grin worthy of the Cheshire Cat. “This is Fú,” the little screamer stretched, arching its back, “this is his first experience with fireworks, I thought I should keep him close.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:55 pm 
"It is good to meet you, Fú." Ryuu smiled at the creature, then looked to Moriko. "We did not keep a pet growing up. My father had allergies." The Spider chuckled softly, then he nodded. "I have no such issues. I will adapt."

He looked out towards the city. "I have heard pets are good for children..."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:45 pm 
"I couldn't imagine not growing up around animals," Moriko mused as the screamer crawled into the crook of her elbow, wrapping his limbs about her arm, "Fu here isn't even a pet, really." She'd spent the last few days building trust with the little creature, she was loathe to send him back to the wilds since she had so rudely removed him. "We don't breed dogs here, exactly, but they seem to work that part out for themselves, and it was just so natural that Hoshi-chan and I would bond with the puppies."

The slant of his comment hadn't been lost on her, "I hope my children love living things as I do, but so long as they are never cruel, I would not fault them." She thought of her twin, whose eyes looked skyward, and wondered how they could be so different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:36 pm 
"I am sure they would have the highest respect for life. Considering their mother." Ryuu looked back towards her, tilting his head. "And as all Samurai should. To know the beauty of all life, even when trained to kill, is paramount." Even in his kimono, he was still every bit the warrior, daisho near at hand.

"I would want them to grow up with Otori. To know them as you do, to respect them as I learned to. To know art, and music. Even as I want them to know my beliefs, where I come from." He lowered his voice, as if guarding against presumptuousness.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 am 
Moriko reached up, curling a lock of his beautiful hair in her fingers, "but first, I would have you teach me. I want to know everything about you, Ryuu-san, I want to share the art and music that you love, I want to learn your faith." She gasped a breath, but could not stem the flow of words, barely audible, "I want to meet your future son, your daughter, a solemn little girl with her father's eyes," she chuckled wistfully.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:56 am 
"Your son will be as bold and commanding as you, and full of compassion. Your daughter will be as sincere and courageous. I look forward to the day I get to meet them..." he stepped closer to her, as her finger curled in his hair. Without thinking, his hand went to her waist, and he was a hairs breadth.

"We have all the time in the world. I still let you know every thing, every detail, about me, Moriko-san."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:16 am 
Moriko sighed longingly, Fu scrambling up to her shoulder as she placed her hand over Ryuu's heart. She drew the strand of hair to her lips, not wanting to breathe, not wanting the moment to end.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:10 am 
There was hesitancy. Then resolve. His hand came up, and pulled hers away from her face. Ryuu kept his eyes focused on hers. The Spider leaned in, and their foreheads touched. Yet another pause, just drinking in her breath, the air of the moment around them.

The first firework went off in the air above them, then another.

Ryuu made sure they missed the view, as he pulled her close against him, and his lips met hers. His eyes closed as they kissed, the burning in his heart threatening to consume them in an inferno. His blood was racing, heart pumping, and he had no intention of letting go.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next