It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D7 EE] A Minor Matter (Expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:05 pm 
"WelltherampagingreptileswouldtakecareofitwhentheKingreleasesthem, butthatisn'tanidealresult."

There was a sound of something dashing along the path and a chorus of electronic yipping . . . both from the path and Izumi's pocket as FoxComm 210 and FoxNet 90210 were re-united.

"Ohcrap, IthoughtIpoweredyoudown?!?!?!"

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:28 pm 
Mumei sat up straight, and Hiroki fluffed in startlement at this new interloper. "What the? Is that your robot? From the competition?"

Laughing, she shakes her head. "It's got the blessings of Bishamon to make it out here with those little legs."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:58 pm 
Dasshu was giving the new interloper a beady eye, and raised a crest of feathers in a display of dominance that FoxNet 90210 did not give a single untightened screw about.

"Yesthat'smyBot. IthoughtI'dturnedhimoffandlefthiminthehotelroom. Howdidhegetoutofthedoors?"

The Bot did not care and merely wandered about as if looking for something.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:23 pm 
"One of the servants let it out? Or you designed it better than you guessed?" Mumei looks down at the little guy, leaning down with one arm looped securely around the Otori's neck. "It's really cute. Looks like it's trying to find something though."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:34 pm 
Izumi sighed, guessing what was happening.

"Sorryfortheinterruption."

He fished FoxComm 210 out of his pockets and let the two electronic devices that now ruled his life . . . . network.

There was happy electronic yipping.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:04 pm 
Mumei blinks, and starts laughing. "oh...dear. Best friends? Or do you need to worry about little commbots popping up if you give them an ounce of privacy?"

Description

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:21 pm 
"Idon'tknowhowtheyevenknowabouteachother . . . "

He still hadn't made the connection between him enabling wireless network on FoxNet and FoxComm's never ending attempts to connect with every network it found.

"Themachinekamiinthemmustbesimilar."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:03 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Even without any knowledge of those topics, the word zombie makes it pretty clear. "Sooo, we have two separate and horrible dangers to think about." She lays across Hiroki's neck with an unhappy slump. "I don't suppose the zombies will just chill until the possible end of the world is handled? Not that we're supposed to handle any of it when this is the Phoenix's place and all, but..."

"Oh. Does anyone else know about the zombie thing, to handle it?"

"Far as I know it's either been handled or being handled. You just had me worried there was a bigger problem with them. Now I know it's an entirely different problem. I guess that's better?" He shrugged one thing at a time.

Inwardly he wondered if he should tell Eriko about this. She was probably in enough trouble right now, but cults seemed like a witch hunter thing....

The fox robot drew a grin. "Oh nice! My drone suffered ah...an unfortunate accident."

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 am 
"Mine headed into the forest to...live out its little robot life among the mushrooms, I guess?" Mumei says with a small frown. That had been a less than successful experiment.

"I just definitely don't want to sit and wait to see what happens, because that seems like a very bad idea." Not that she could offer a better one just now, other than going up and starting to toss leaders of the sect off the rocky outcroppings up there.

Description

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:09 am 
"WecouldtalktotheLion. ThatshowweusuallydealwithproblemsbackinFoxlands."

Yes, point enough Matsu at a problem and it usually went away.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:22 am 
Shion followed all that had been said with a worried expression, but mostly quiet. She had heard stories about many different dangers, from old and modern times, and about heroes and how they dealt with unbelievable horrors.

She had never really imagined herself in the middle of something like this, though. Not that it made her afraid - she was a bit too phlegmatic for that, it seemed. But she was confused.

After the others had shared their stories and given their opinions, she kept looking at them blankly, petting Kurikoo and calling Stray closer from time to time.

"Um. So. Um..."

She tried to run all that had been said in her head.

"So... we.... do what? For now? We... expect Asako Chiruha-sama may do something about it, maybe? I mean... if there is something to be done, I'd be happy to help. Nakauchi-san..." she turns to Mumei "you mentioned some possible link to the Festival? I... was hoping for a chance to play, but I haven't really heard much about it yet. Maybe there's something we could do during the festival - or before it - to.... change things somehow?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 am 
Kitsune Izumi wrote:
"WecouldtalktotheLion. ThatshowweusuallydealwithproblemsbackinFoxlands."

Yes, point enough Matsu at a problem and it usually went away.

"I'm really not opposed to telling them all about it at this point. I mean...I'm rooming with one and can comm at Murame-sama."

She nods to Shion. "Yeah, not what I expected either. It kind of puts the 'almost eaten by a giant water lizard' thing in perspective. I'm hoping that the governor acts to put a stop to the ritual, but since we don't know it that will also lead to bad things from an angry spirit, I think I'm going to try doing some research on what it's possible to do with that scenario."

"Like...with a NavCom for channeling that kind of energy and a real Navigator here, that seems like you might be able to grab and redirect it? But we don't have either of those."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:36 am 
"Pointing the Lion at the problem might not be a bad idea... Then again, best not to piss off our hosts too much if we can avoid it." He patted Blinky who was getting a little too interested in Kurikoo. "This is starting to sound really bad though, so you've got my rifle if you need it."

He thought back to what they had seen of the Temple. "What's the festival about, do we know?"

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:42 am 
Mumei wobbles her hand in a 'more or less' fashion. "The festival's one of those old ones from the homeworld. I've heard of it, but a lot of the seasonal ones aren't celebrated on ships and stations. But I don't know if being so old provides something that these folks could use with their ritual."

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:25 am 
"They'repushingthesystemtoomuchasitis, nevermindwhatthey'redoingattheTemple. TheincreasedRakerattacksthatledtothehunt, theLurkerattackswhenpeoplegettooclosetothewater. Anecosystemisadelicatebalance. Yesitcanbealteredbutifyoupushittoofastthenitwillpushbackhard. I think this has been building for some time and if the Gilded King ritual completes then it will go off like a fire cracker."

For those that now knew him the slowed speech would be a signifier of the importance.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:51 pm 
Her frown settles in with the last words, and only gets deeper as her brain slowly translates the rest. "More reason to stop it."

"Ok. So, Asako-sama's hopefully passing what I told her to the governor. Hopefully that means he pays attention. But...I couldn't tell him when and where other than our guesses. I can't imagine he'll find out just by asking them. Though I guess he has the power to just have the lot of them arrested for a week or something." Even saying the words, she's not sure anyone is going to do something like that just based on some reports from miai guests when their own shugenja and magistrates haven't done anything in all this time.*

"I'll see if the twins have heard anything more though, since at least Shiba Moriko-sama seems to get invited to their rituals," she finishes.

_______
*Expect a EA D8 message that indicates plenty of high level officials in the settlement have been, and probably still are, members of the sect. I just need time to type that.

Description

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pm 
"HassomeonewithmedicaltrainingexaminedShiba-san? Iexpectitwouldhavetobedonesoonafteraritualtoseeanyeffect. Ihavethetrainingrequiredbutnottheaccesstothediagnosticalequipment."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:50 am 
Shion does her best to follow what they're saying, and she seems sincerely concerned.... but no ways to help whatsoever occur to her so far. So she just keeps looking from one of them to the other, nodding and creasing her brow.

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:57 am 
Mumei shakes here head. "Maybe? But not that has been mentioned to me. Would there be medical indications if something was tapping her connection to the Void as the air kami said?"

The shugenja _were_ kind of into that esoteric space they could wander into. Not quite talking shop, but definitely knocking on the shop's windows.

"Since she was present for at least that ritual, I'm going to try asking where it was held. Hopefully that kind of drain didn't affect that memory."

Description

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 am 
Izumi gave her that look.

"Iwouldn'tbesurprisedifithadeffectedhermemory. Ifit'sdrawingonherVoidthenitmaywellhavebeenformulatedtomakesureshedoesn'tremember."

Rainbow
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next