It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: [D8 EE] Playing House (Futago Ranch)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:08 pm 
“I often come up here to eat, much to Ten’s disappointment,” the dog would be sulking near the foot of the ladder, waiting for Moriko to return, “I’m happy I could share this with you, it might just be my favourite place in the world.” She ate heartily, savouring the simple, wholesome meal, “I have to agree, the fine company makes all the difference.”

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 pm 
"I can see why it would be yours." He grinned, before enjoying another bite. His attention returned to her, the stillness of the farms around them and soft music from the apartment creating an intimate ambience.

"A retreat, away from duty, away from what has to be done, to just enjoy oneself, to reflect. It is inviting, especially for conversation. To dream."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:03 pm 
Moriko murmured happily in agreement, letting the stillness envelope them while they ate, feeling no particular need to fill the space with talk. From time to time she stole glances at her handsome companion, almost guiltily, for no better reason than the satisfaction of being able to look upon him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:55 am 
There was a certain chisled elegance to his stature. An innate grace, made more apparent by his regard for Moriko. She was not the only one stealing glances. His pale skin held a rosy hue, as he alternated between between the view, and her.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:14 am 
Moriko blushed when she was caught looking but, by the time she had finished eating, a smile had crept to her lips, her head tilting slightly like a bird trying to work out a puzzle. She noticed Ryuu’s bowl was empty as well, “would you like more? I made plenty.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:06 pm 
"I am quite full. But I am in no rush to leave this place, Moriko-san." His eyes, almost blazing in the dark of the evening. He was more entranced by her smile, and the pleasure of her company. "It is quite delicious. If you are still hungry, I could eat a bit more with you."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:15 pm 
A cheeky light glimmered in her chocolate eyes, dark in the fading twilight, “we have all night,” Moriko promised. She sealed up the containers of rice and curry, and put their bowls aside, “sake? I’m afraid it’s rather cheap.” She offered the chilled bottle she had asked him to carry for her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:30 pm 
"Does not matter that it is cheap. I would greatly enjoy some." The Spider had a small bottle tucked in his bag in his room. It was nothing special, so quality was not indicated by price.

"Your hospitality is generous, thank you."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:07 pm 
Moriko poured for them, “I only want to make this evening as enjoyable as possible.” She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, and it stayed there for several moments before slipping free again, seeming to have a mind of its own. Taking her cup, the young Phoenix moved to Ryuu’s side so they were both looking out towards the fungal forest. As she had promised, lights in shades of blue and green and purple were becoming visible under the canopy where it was already night, the slanting sun unable to reach the depths.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:27 pm 
"You have succeeded, Moriko-san." Ryuu's reply came as she sat beside him. The Spider was suddenly aware of their proximity, yet here... there were no other eyes upon them. They could simply be, enjoying the spectacle of Nature before them. "Asakaze has shown itself to me as a lovely place, with the peacefulness... and the dangers present." He spoke softly, and without thinking, he leaned in against her.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:43 pm 
Growing up with a same-sex twin had afforded Moriko a lot of latitude that would never have been allowed between other samurai. She and Hoshiko had shared a womb, and their parents had allowed them to share many things as they’d grown. So when Ryuu’s shoulder touched her’s, Moriko was not surprised, but rather she leaned in as well. Cradling her sake cup in one hand, she pointed with the other “oh, look there, do you see that cluster of blue dots, almost like a little waterfall?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:04 pm 
He nodded. "I do. What are they?" He tried to keep his voice level, trying to keep the beating of his heart from deafening himself. He took a sip from his sake, as if just trying to steady himself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:10 pm 
“I don’t know the proper name for them, I’ve always called them honeybells. Not a lot of flowers grow on Asakaze, other than the ones in people’s gardens, but honeybells grow on these cascading vines.” With her free hand, she mimed plucking something, “if you pluck the flower part from its base, there’s nectar inside, just a drop, but it’s sweet and refreshing.” Moriko took a sip of her drink as if she could taste the nectar from here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:40 pm 
"I imagine it is quite a delight." He nodded, admiring the sight. He watched her as she mimed taking one of the flowers, admiring her. "I imagine one has to work to get to them, climbing and such? Makes it taste all the sweeter?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:06 pm 
“Sometimes,” she agreed, “not that you could walk more than three steps in any direction before you have to go over, under, or around something.” The roots of the fungal stalks were different to those trees, long and slender filaments ran through the ground, connecting the stalks, so that there were no more than two or three genetically unique specimens of each species, just hundreds or thousands of growths from the same ‘plant’. But, lacking the support of tree roots, the fungi had developed other ways to stay upright, often with sprawling ‘branches’ that lay across the forest floor in a treacherous tangle.

“I’m surprised Hoshi-chan and I didn’t single handedly drive them to extinction, picking every flower we could find,” Moriko chuckled softly, shaking her head.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:48 pm 
"Life finds a way." He smiled, nodding. "It is similar to being a hunter. Yes, the sport can be... addicting. To prove oneself against creatures deadly and cunning. But it must be done with respect, and in harmony. So not to drive any one being to extinction. Conservation." He nodded.

"To not respect nature and the spirits of it is folly."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:57 pm 
Ryuu would be able to feel the movement as she shrugged slightly, “we were too young to know better and, to be honest, we never ranged far, not at that age, the forest is far too dangerous to be a playground.” Sipping her drink, “one day we were daring each other to walk into the forest, who would three steps, or five steps, or ten steps, before racing back to safety.” Moriko indicated to the forest with a sweep of her arm, “it’s fairly safe right here at the edge, most of the creatures would rather avoid being so close to human activity, but we caught such a scolding when one of the rangers spotted us and dragged us home by the ears.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:56 pm 
"I can understand the scolding. The group I was with this afternoon, we were looking for the creature that ate my roommate, or that attacked another samurai." He nodded. "We found two of them. If one was not prepared, they would make short work of that poor soul."

There was respect in his voice for the Drifters, but a hint of satisfaction as well. "I imagine your parents would have shared that concern for you both. The love of a parent for their child is something treasured, and mystical."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:10 pm 
Moriko stiffened, then pulled away, confusion suffused her expression, “what do you mean?” The confusion didn’t disappear as she began to understand, but changed form, “you... you were looking for..? for a drifter?” Shaking her head, “why?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:31 pm 
Even in his practiced grace, there was always that underlying sense of dread. He was as much a Daigotsu as he was a child of Doji. He looked tl her, confusion on his face as she withdrew.

"To avenge my roommate. To prove that I could hunt. That I was not... someone who needed help in the wilds." The confusion deepened on his face.

"They are dangerous, they are an equal predator as I have been trained to be. I do not understand, what is wrong?" The Spider truly showing his colors. "I thought... you would want to know that I am reliable, that I can be counted on to defend?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next