It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Seeking a voice (D1, EA, open)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:16 am 
"Oh, that one was very interesting, wasn't it? It was so fun to find that too! I always find it fantastic to see traditions getting passed on and adapted and so kept alive - like, truly alive, not as if they were in a museum. That's why the historical Zones in Rokugan and all, they...... " she stops for a moment. "Oh, but I'm sure you'd like to see the homeworld. Don't get me wrong", she stops, with a small, apologetic smile.

"But so... maybe we can make something akin to speech. Won't be kami speech, of course, but we could do... something. Might use that for telling stories, or maybe... what do you think a waterfall would like to say in a song? Or when telling a story?"

OOC

Oh that was spot on! Also sorry for the LONG delay here :( Gonna be slow here I guess, but I hope not as slow as this.

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:48 pm 
"I would! I really want to go and see what it's like to commune with a world that's been...where the spirits have known people for as long as we've existed. Is it long enough that the world itself reflects that partnership? They exist on such a long scale, that I don't know, but it seems like it would be amazing to find out." She too winds down with an apologetic smile and a chuckle. "We'll both go on forever once wound up, neh? Sometime, over drinks, we should do that. You can go on as long as you want about anything...everything. And I'll wind up where you leave off. OK?"

She ruffles Stray's ears while she considers what a waterfall would sing. "I bet if I search, I'll find some song or poet that's done a better job than I could finding the words a waterfall should say. But I know what you mean, and I think that could happen. Or a fishing song thrown back by the sound of waves..."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:24 am 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
"I would! I really want to go and see what it's like to commune with a world that's been...where the spirits have known people for as long as we've existed. Is it long enough that the world itself reflects that partnership? They exist on such a long scale, that I don't know, but it seems like it would be amazing to find out." She too winds down with an apologetic smile and a chuckle. "We'll both go on forever once wound up, neh? Sometime, over drinks, we should do that. You can go on as long as you want about anything...everything. And I'll wind up where you leave off. OK?"

She ruffles Stray's ears while she considers what a waterfall would sing. "I bet if I search, I'll find some song or poet that's done a better job than I could finding the words a waterfall should say. But I know what you mean, and I think that could happen. Or a fishing song thrown back by the sound of waves..."

She opens up to Mumei as they speak, laughing at her comment. "Ehhh well, yeah, I can be quite long-winded too. I guess no surprise for a Sparrow, maybe?", she says, a bit shyly, but is soon smiling again.

"A... a fishing song might be nice. I know a few, traditional ones. Although... I suppose the songs of the spirits would probably be a bit different? Well... I'm sure we can come up with something!"

She seems thoughtful for a moment. "That makes me think, though.... do the spirits also sing? I mean... have you ever heard them singing?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:50 pm 
"I haven't heard them as such, but...even those of us gifted to sense and be able to speak to the spirits are not hearing them nonstop or anything, so it may be that they do something we'd think of as singing. Like, some will have a bit of a sing-songy quality to their answers."

She ruffles Stray's ears as she continues. "We'll certainly come up with something that works well with the spirit sound...well I imagine you will. I dance and just hope whoever is running the sound system knows what they're doing! i don't have much skill to mess with those."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2