It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 EM] Running In Circles (Expecting/Closed)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's eyebrows went up. "A formal message, huh? Yeah, we're a bit less formal about it, where I'm from. At least, until things get serious." Depending on one's definition.

He looked at her, smiling. "So, then... it's a date, huh? Alright, good to know." Yul nodded. "I'll wear something nice."

It was dawning on Shoan that Unicorn samurai tended to smile a lot. She tries to soften her On enough to reciprocate a smile...without being so gauche as to go all the way.

"I...suppose it would be a date, yes. I'll also wear something nice."
....What did you wear on a flying date
"Do I need to bring aviators of my own? Or is the Unicorn tradition that the man wears aviators and I wear a nice dress?...I do not own many dresses."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:18 pm 
"But you own some, huh? I'd like to see that." Yul flashed her a quick grin; indeed, it seemed to be something that he did naturally, and often.

He shook his head. "The pilot wears the aviators." He tilted his head thoughtfully, even as they strode purposefully along. "Tell you what. Once we get up there, you can try taking the controls, briefly. When you do, you can borrow my aviators. Sound good?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"But you own some, huh? I'd like to see that." Yul flashed her a quick grin; indeed, it seemed to be something that he did naturally, and often.

He shook his head. "The pilot wears the aviators." He tilted his head thoughtfully, even as they strode purposefully along. "Tell you what. Once we get up there, you can try taking the controls, briefly. When you do, you can borrow my aviators. Sound good?"

Shoan opens her mouth but pauses giving Yul a proper squint
"It's a deal then, I will wear a dress but in return, brief control of the controls and the aviators that come with them."
Well, at least this date had an established dress code, activity and etiquette, it was looking up already.

Indeed, looking up so much that the Lion nearly tripped down the stairs on the other side of the incline, although she turns it into awkward couple steps
"Clearly I am already giddy at the prospect."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:05 am 
"Alright, it's a deal." Yul nodded, doing his best to keep a straight face. He was only medium-successful. "Although I hope you're not afraid to improvise a bit."

He chuckled at her response, even as he slowed briefly, to manage the steps more carefully himself. "I guess so." Yul said. "Stumbling, and don't think that I missed that smile before. Now, if I can manage to make you laugh..." Yul shook his head. "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:14 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Alright, it's a deal." Yul nodded, doing his best to keep a straight face. He was only medium-successful. "Although I hope you're not afraid to improvise a bit."

He chuckled at her response, even as he slowed briefly, to manage the steps more carefully himself. "I guess so." Yul said. "Stumbling, and don't think that I missed that smile before. Now, if I can manage to make you laugh..." Yul shook his head. "Well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it."

deadpan"I do not laugh easily, you will have to up your game Shinjo-san. I am interested in what you will attempt, although be warned, attempts to tickle a lion bushi within the cockpit of a flying vehicle are extremely dangerous for all involved."

Once Shoan had recovered and both samurai were ready, she upped the pace back up to a jog as the permiter started taking them past a fast residential district which the Lion seemed to be eyeing curiously.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:17 am 
"Hmmm..." Yul said, smirking. "I've been in my share of danger before." He let it lie there.

The increased pace made Yul grimace, but no more than that. He always had loads of energy after a long space trip. As much as he'd focused on jogging, Yul still managed to catch Shoan's curious glances. "You... wanna try that way?" He waved his arm in the direction she'd been looking, his breathing giving his words a curious rhythm.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:20 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Hmmm..." Yul said, smirking. "I've been in my share of danger before." He let it lie there.

The increased pace made Yul grimace, but no more than that. He always had loads of energy after a long space trip. As much as he'd focused on jogging, Yul still managed to catch Shoan's curious glances. "You... wanna try that way?" He waved his arm in the direction she'd been looking, his breathing giving his words a curious rhythm.

"Yes" inhale "If you are willing" exhale "I need to examine a location for this evening." inhale "And I am loathe to trust in Samuadvisor for their ratings" exhale "Many of their reviews are inflated."
The extremely honest Shoan rated most restaurants at 3 stars...she was not a celebrated food critic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:30 am 
"Okay... sure..." Yul's head bobbed agreeably. "Lead the way... Murame-san." He'd settled into a rhythm, still tired, but still going.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:35 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Okay... sure..." Yul's head bobbed agreeably. "Lead the way... Murame-san." He'd settled into a rhythm, still tired, but still going.

Shoan leads the pair across until they're bobbing and weaving through crowds of heimin, most of whom are smart enough to get out of the way when the Lion shoots a glare their way.

It's not like before the she pauses, jogging up and down on the spot before the closed doors of 'Tanaka's Eatery' and peering at the menu embedded in the wall

"Hmmm....much of this food appears spicy, do you think a Crane would be insulted by spicy food, or intrigued?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:44 am 
As Shoan studied it, Yul rested, bending forward and putting his hands on his knees. His shoulders rose and fell as he breathed heavily in and out.

"Uh..." He straightened, squinting as he looked at the window. "Maybe... hmmm. You know, before I met any crane, I would have said they might be offended. But all the Crane I've met here have seemed willing to try new things. So it'd probably be okay."

His eyebrows went up. "You meeting someone here later, Murame-san?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:48 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
As Shoan studied it, Yul rested, bending forward and putting his hands on his knees. His shoulders rose and fell as he breathed heavily in and out.

"Uh..." He straightened, squinting as he looked at the window. "Maybe... hmmm. You know, before I met any crane, I would have said they might be offended. But all the Crane I've met here have seemed willing to try new things. So it'd probably be okay."

His eyebrows went up. "You meeting someone here later, Murame-san?"

Mildly "Yes, the Crane present have been surprisingly accommodating, although some have told me that it might not be sincere."

As to his question:
"...I have scheduled a meeting here for dinner, yes. I'm going to invite the samurai in question shortly."
She pulls out her communicator and looks down at the advice for a few moments before sliding it back into a pocket
"Shortly is a relative concept."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:17 am 
"Alright." Yul nodded. "Well, good luck." He gave her a curious glance, but decided against asking who it was.

He looked at the Densai. "If you want to send it now, I don't mind. We've all gotta do it." Yul pressed his hands to his face, brushing off some of the sweat. "I haven't had to worry about my schedule this much since I was in the Academy. Even patrol duty didn't seem quite so structured."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:22 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Alright." Yul nodded. "Well, good luck." He gave her a curious glance, but decided against asking who it was.

He looked at the Densai. "If you want to send it now, I don't mind. We've all gotta do it." Yul pressed his hands to his face, brushing off some of the sweat. "I haven't had to worry about my schedule this much since I was in the Academy. Even patrol duty didn't seem quite so structured."

"I am not nervous about sending the message"
Shoan announced out of the blue

".... I would almost prefer patrol duty though."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:26 am 
Yul's jaw dropped, just for a moment. He shut it again with a click.

"Prefer patrol duty to... sending the message? Or all of this?" He waved a hand around. "The miai, I mean?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, giving Shoan a curious look. "Can I ask why? I've got a guess or two, but..." Yul shrugged gently.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:33 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's jaw dropped, just for a moment. He shut it again with a click.

"Prefer patrol duty to... sending the message? Or all of this?" He waved a hand around. "The miai, I mean?"

He crossed his arms over his chest, giving Shoan a curious look. "Can I ask why? I've got a guess or two, but..." Yul shrugged gently.

"Yes."

A pause

"I mean, yes, yes and yes. Patrol duty is something I have done before, I do it well and can draw upon a lifetime's training. A miai is....considerably more complicated. The rules are unwritten, or everyone has a different set of them. Some samurai are very good at matchmaking, others nearly as poor as I am. Everyone smiles but it's hard to tell if that smile is genuine or just a mask as crude as any the Scorpion wear.

It's like fighting a war you never know if you're winning until that last moment. And I have unpleasant memories of the last one."
Shoan's hand drifts near the sidearm at her hip, as if searching for confidence.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:48 am 
Yul listened, frowning gently, his arms still crossed over his chest.

As Shoan finished, he nodded slowly. "I get what you mean. It's weird. And different." He smiled faintly at her. "If it helps, I'm..." scared "-nervous myself. For me, it's that I don't know..." Yul shook his head. "Maybe I'll end up in a clan where I'll never fly again. Or just freighter runs, or something. It's not quite the same as what you're nervous about, but I think I get it, anyway.

Spotting the gesture, Yul frowned, stepping closer. "What do you mean?" He asked softly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul listened, frowning gently, his arms still crossed over his chest.

As Shoan finished, he nodded slowly. "I get what you mean. It's weird. And different." He smiled faintly at her. "If it helps, I'm..." scared "-nervous myself. For me, it's that I don't know..." Yul shook his head. "Maybe I'll end up in a clan where I'll never fly again. Or just freighter runs, or something. It's not quite the same as what you're nervous about, but I think I get it, anyway.

Spotting the gesture, Yul frowned, stepping closer. "What do you mean?" He asked softly.

That makes sense to Shoan
"That would be...a failure I think, you should be flying Shinjo-san, if only to make it easier to ask people out."

The lion is clearly not super comfortable at the moment, and as Yul steps closer her fingers actually brush the revolver's side before she controls herself.
"I am sorry, it's classified."
A deep breath and she tucks her arm firmly behind her back
"I am still working through some of what occurred, it was unpleasant."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:12 am 
That froze Yul in his steps. After a moment, he shook his head. "No, don't apologize. I know how it is, clan secrets and stuff. Ummm... hmmm..." Yul frowned. "You know, this is my first time talking like this with someone not in my clan. It makes it harder."

He spread his hands. "Can you... I don't know, edit? I don't know if it would help. I'm sorry." Yul grimaced. "I see a problem, I try to fix it. I guess in this case, I'm not sure how, or if it's my place. Probably not."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:16 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
That froze Yul in his steps. After a moment, he shook his head. "No, don't apologize. I know how it is, clan secrets and stuff. Ummm... hmmm..." Yul frowned. "You know, this is my first time talking like this with someone not in my clan. It makes it harder."

He spread his hands. "Can you... I don't know, edit? I don't know if it would help. I'm sorry." Yul grimaced. "I see a problem, I try to fix it. I guess in this case, I'm not sure how, or if it's my place. Probably not."

"You sound like me talking to a Crane. Hmmm, edit it?"
Shoan cocks her head to the side
"I had to shoot a lot of people I did not enjoy shooting, at one point I was shot in my bed. Afterwards there were medals and we were reassigned."
Huh, maybe it wasn't so hard to talk about clan secrets after all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:25 am 
Yul's lips quirked. "I actually don't have much trouble talking to Crane, or so it seems."

As Shoan spoke, Yul blinked, confusion evident on his handsome features. "Shot in your bed? What... no, nevermind." He shook his head. "You wouldn't be able to tell me."

He sighed, looking at Shoan with narrowed eyes. "You know, as we were running, I was thinking, here's a person with a lot more going on than she's showing. I guess this just shows that I didn't know the half of it."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next