It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [Day 2 EM] Running In Circles (Expecting/Closed)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:30 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's lips quirked. "I actually don't have much trouble talking to Crane, or so it seems."

As Shoan spoke, Yul blinked, confusion evident on his handsome features. "Shot in your bed? What... no, nevermind." He shook his head. "You wouldn't be able to tell me."

He sighed, looking at Shoan with narrowed eyes. "You know, as we were running, I was thinking, here's a person with a lot more going on than she's showing. I guess this just shows that I didn't know the half of it."

With a hint of sadness"All I can say is that it was a comfortable bed and did not deserve to be treated in such a way."

Looking back, seeming confused
"I do not think I am that complicated....unless perhaps, that is the source of the complication. My life is an open and shut book, even if some of the chapters are blacked out. Are...you someone with a lot more going on than you show?"

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 am 
The... was it a joke? Either way, it earned Shoan a snort of laughter and a raised eyebrow from Yul.

Yul grinned. "Not me. What you see is what you get. Flyboy who loves flying." The grin faded. "Except I guess everyone has a story, more of one than you can tell just by looking at them."

He crossed his arms again. "But if you're an open and shut book, I guess the hard part is opening it. Unlike Hyeon-ju-san, who I'm half convinced really is ice on the inside, I think you feel stuff. You just..." Yul waved a palm in front of his face, "-shut the book."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:03 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
The... was it a joke? Either way, it earned Shoan a snort of laughter and a raised eyebrow from Yul.

Yul grinned. "Not me. What you see is what you get. Flyboy who loves flying." The grin faded. "Except I guess everyone has a story, more of one than you can tell just by looking at them."

He crossed his arms again. "But if you're an open and shut book, I guess the hard part is opening it. Unlike Hyeon-ju-san, who I'm half convinced really is ice on the inside, I think you feel stuff. You just..." Yul waved a palm in front of his face, "-shut the book."

True to from, the book of Shoan has no guidance on whether it was a joke or not, although the Lion's slightly relaxed posture indicates that it at least wasn't taken poorly.

"I...have certain expectations of myself and of my conduct, that is all. A good samurai is not too open. I do not mean to criticize those who are, I just prefer not to be, in public anyway."

For all that there is a vague sense of amusement in her voice after Yul waves a palm in front of his face
"I'm not sure if I speak the language your book is written in Shinjo-san, but I enjoy the pictures."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:48 am 
Yul waved a hand. "No, that's fine. We're proud of our uniqueness."

An amazed look flickered over Yul's handsome features at that comment, finally settling on a grin. "Wow. Murame-san. I did not see that one coming. Well done."

Shaking his head, he finally turned his smirk on her. "Can't wait to see you in that dress. I bet you can really pull it off."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:56 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul waved a hand. "No, that's fine. We're proud of our uniqueness."

An amazed look flickered over Yul's handsome features at that comment, finally settling on a grin. "Wow. Murame-san. I did not see that one coming. Well done."

Shaking his head, he finally turned his smirk on her. "Can't wait to see you in that dress. I bet you can really pull it off."

"...."
"........"
"............."
"Ah, like off my body." Shoan turns a snort into a cough

"Perhaps you should not get your hopes up too high Shinjo-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:59 am 
Yul waited patiently as the joke made it's way to Shoan's lips. When it finally did, Yul grinned, shaking his head. "Wow. Murame-san, I think I've underestimated you. Or, at least, misestimated you. I didn't expect to be hearing that sort of thing from you this morning." He tone was gently teasing.

Still... he couldn't help but let his eyes wander up and down her lanky form. "I wouldn't presume." Yul said, smiling. "But you're making me more and more curious about this date. And this dress."

He shook his head. "If I don't start moving again soon, I'm gonna stiffen up." Possibly also if they didn't change the subject. "You wanna walk back through this neighborhood? Maybe we'll find some other interesting places."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul waited patiently as the joke made it's way to Shoan's lips. When it finally did, Yul grinned, shaking his head. "Wow. Murame-san, I think I've underestimated you. Or, at least, misestimated you. I didn't expect to be hearing that sort of thing from you this morning." He tone was gently teasing.

Still... he couldn't help but let his eyes wander up and down her lanky form. "I wouldn't presume." Yul said, smiling. "But you're making me more and more curious about this date. And this dress."

He shook his head. "If I don't start moving again soon, I'm gonna stiffen up." Possibly also if they didn't change the subject. "You wanna walk back through this neighborhood? Maybe we'll find some other interesting places."

"Uh....yes. It is probably for the best before I say something truly deplorable."
Damn unicorn smiles, so that's why they do it

"I'll being setting quite the pace though, do you think you can keep up?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:45 pm 
"Oh yeah?" Yul smirked; it was really a rather charming smirk, matching his open, handsome features well. "Maybe we should wait another minute then."

But then the smirk became a grin. "Ready when you are, Murame-san."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:53 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Oh yeah?" Yul smirked; it was really a rather charming smirk, matching his open, handsome features well. "Maybe we should wait another minute then."

But then the smirk became a grin. "Ready when you are, Murame-san."

"Very well."
Shoan pauses for a few moments before abruptly turning and running off at a good clip up the street....although the Lion swears Yul has some kind of stamina sucking field around him, since she starts panting half way up.

Day 2 EM Fluff Stamina Roll: 3d10o10k3 11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:00 pm 
It seemed entirely plausible, as Yul seemed to gain a second wind, settling into a steady running rhythm. It wasn't long before he drew apace with Shoan, and then the lead as her stamina reserves began to flag...

------------------------------------------

D3EM Fluff stamina: 3d10o10k3 20

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
It seemed entirely plausible, as Yul seemed to gain a second wind, settling into a steady running rhythm. It wasn't long before he drew apace with Shoan, and then the lead as her stamina reserves began to flag...

------------------------------------------

D3EM Fluff stamina: 3d10o10k3 20

It simply wasn't fair, he made it look so easy!

"Your stamina" huff "Is very impressive" puff
By the top of the street winding Shoan is reduced to the classic 'hands on head' jog as the Unicorn leads comfortably.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:53 am 
Well, if not easy, Yul at least made it look good.

He half-turned as he jogged, but quickly aborted that as his legs wobbled a little. "Thanks, Murame-san. You keep giving me chances to test it." Was his smile casual, or playful? It was a little hard to tell.

Once they'd reached the top of the street, it looked like they were getting back to the inner part of the city. Yul came to a halt, panting once more. "Okay... I think that's it. I don't want to be all worn out for the miai event. Not to mention that I need a shower." Indeed, he'd sweated noticeably, his tank-top clinging to his chest.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:59 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Well, if not easy, Yul at least made it look good.

He half-turned as he jogged, but quickly aborted that as his legs wobbled a little. "Thanks, Murame-san. You keep giving me chances to test it." Was his smile casual, or playful? It was a little hard to tell.

Once they'd reached the top of the street, it looked like they were getting back to the inner part of the city. Yul came to a halt, panting once more. "Okay... I think that's it. I don't want to be all worn out for the miai event. Not to mention that I need a shower." Indeed, he'd sweated noticeably, his tank-top clinging to his chest.

"I am willing to accept defeat for the second time, but one day I promise you I'll achieve victory in some athletic feat, maybe long jump."
Yes, long jump, he wouldn't stand a chance then.

Shoan spends a few moments panting alongside Yul, far too polite to notice how sweaty both samurai had become, probably.
"I should do the same, it would not do to appear dirty when one is....wrangling giant chickens."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:07 am 
Yul smirked. "I'll be ready for you, Murame-san."

He grunted, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah. And..." He shrugged. "Well, we've gotta look good. That's a more important part of this whole thing than I think a lot of people want to admit."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:11 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul smirked. "I'll be ready for you, Murame-san."

He grunted, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah. And..." He shrugged. "Well, we've gotta look good. That's a more important part of this whole thing than I think a lot of people want to admit."

"Perhaps. I hope the samurai like plain, practical and traditional clothing."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:42 am 
Yul paused, crossing his arms over his chest, and turning to look at Shoan.

After a moment he shrugged. "People stand out in different ways, Murame-san. People like you and me aren't going to have the fabulous outfits of the Crane. Or Hyeon-ju-san." Yul grimaced. "We've just got to do the best we can with what we have, just like with everything else."

Smirking, he pulled his aviators from his pocket, putting them on. "There, that's my thing."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:46 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul paused, crossing his arms over his chest, and turning to look at Shoan.

After a moment he shrugged. "People stand out in different ways, Murame-san. People like you and me aren't going to have the fabulous outfits of the Crane. Or Hyeon-ju-san." Yul grimaced. "We've just got to do the best we can with what we have, just like with everything else."

Smirking, he pulled his aviators from his pocket, putting them on. "There, that's my thing."

As things went, it was at least distinctive

"Since I can't have any aviators until my stint as a pilot I shall have to push forward in other ways. As you say, Utaku-sama has those really thick uh...kimono's with the nice fabric, it would be foolish to try and compete there."
She glances down at the red tattoos peeking out from her sleeve

"There are other ways one can be distinctive, although they are not always positive."
Bowing
"Perhaps I should leave you and your glasses to a shower, Shinjo-san?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:15 am 
Yul nodded agreeably. "Alright. Until next time then, Murame-san. Whether that's another chance meeting, or our date. Either way, I look forward to it."

He gave her a quick bow, lowering his aviators enough to let his brown eyes glint at her as he smiled. And then he straightened, heading off.

/scene?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:17 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul nodded agreeably. "Alright. Until next time then, Murame-san. Whether that's another chance meeting, or our date. Either way, I look forward to it."

He gave her a quick bow, lowering his aviators enough to let his brown eyes glint at her as he smiled. And then he straightened, heading off.

/scene?

((/scene, thanks for the RP :-) ))

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3