It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [Day 5 EM] And I Ran (Expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:46 am 
Shoan waited calmly outside Nozomi's room, stretching her arms and legs in preparation for a good long run. In her view a morning exercise was crucial to building and maintaining physical and mental health. It should do the Kitsu good.

Glancing down at her densai she sent another message
'Kitsu-san, I am outside, Lady Amaterasu is burning.'

Hopefully the shugenja was awake....although what if she had spent the whole night healing other Lion? Then early morning exercise would be the villain here.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 5 EM] And I Ran (Expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:56 am 
Nozomi came out, clad in track pants and a hoodie for the rain. She pressed up her glasses and looked to the sky. "You still want to run, huh?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:00 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi came out, clad in track pants and a hoodie for the rain. She pressed up her glasses and looked to the sky. "You still want to run, huh?"

Polite bow
"Of course! The day will only get warmer and if we get wet, we get wet. Consider how focused your body and mind will be after this, it will probably be another long day after all."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:14 am 
"I see," Nozomi said, clearly not enthused. She did a bit of mobility stretches as they continued to speak. "You are very peppy in the morning, huh?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:22 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I see," Nozomi said, clearly not enthused. She did a bit of mobility stretches as they continued to speak. "You are very peppy in the morning, huh?"

"I always rise early before the day starts properly. It is the best time to get stuff done."
Shoan cracks her back loudly

"Do not be concerned, I will be peppy enough for both of us."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:32 am 
"Right, right," Nozomi said, stifling a yawn. "Is this part of your bushi training then to run around every morning?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:34 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Right, right," Nozomi said, stifling a yawn. "Is this part of your bushi training then to run around every morning?"

"I began doing so in the dojo, but it is not solely the province of a bushi. All samurai should seek to hone their bodies if they are able. And consider Kitsu-san, with so many bushi here, putting on a good athletical show could be very helpful to one's chances."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:49 am 
"That makes sense," Nozomi said. "I was going to go to some wrestling thing later and give that a try too!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:50 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"That makes sense," Nozomi said. "I was going to go to some wrestling thing later and give that a try too!"

Shoan brightens slightly
"Good for you, the local samurai seem to enjoy their wrestling immensly, and remember-"
Dropping her voice to a whisper
"-No prisoners, only victory for the Lion!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:57 am 
"Of course! It wouldn't be right to not show our prowess," Nozomi said with a thumb's up she had picked up from some weird show.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:00 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Of course! It wouldn't be right to not show our prowess," Nozomi said with a thumb's up she had picked up from some weird show.

"I look forward to hearing the tales of your victory"
Shoan half goes to thumbs up, aborts and then sort of waves her hand around before lightly bumping Nozomi on the shoulder

"Yeah, great victory coming up. For now, shall we run? Would you like to set the pace?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:49 pm 
Nozomi glanced at the spot Shoan had nudged. She rubbed it a bit, not out of pain, but more as if it was an oddity. She smiled softly and looked back. "Uh, sure, I can lead?"

The priestess went into a run immediately. It wasn't particularly fast but it also wasn't something she could maintain for too long...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:56 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi glanced at the spot Shoan had nudged. She rubbed it a bit, not out of pain, but more as if it was an oddity. She smiled softly and looked back. "Uh, sure, I can lead?"

The priestess went into a run immediately. It wasn't particularly fast but it also wasn't something she could maintain for too long...

Shoan gestures for her to start and then falls into line alongside the Kitsu, seemingly comfortable to match her pace as long as required.

"Would you like to converse while we travel, or save your concentration for your step?"
Anyone who looked like they might get in Nozomi's way earned a death stare from her jogging companion.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:12 pm 
"I should be able to talk," she said in-between laborious breaths. Her look of determination was fierce for any samurai but a Lion. "Did you find anyone, uh, nice?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:13 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I should be able to talk," she said in-between laborious breaths. Her look of determination was fierce for any samurai but a Lion. "Did you find anyone, uh, nice?"

Shoan nods approvingly at Nozomi.

"I am investigating a few opportunities, including some new ones. I went on a, uh 'sky date'. That was very pleasant. Although I understand the samurai in question is extremely popular."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:23 am 
"Sky date? Like with one of those Unicorn pilots?" Nozomi started to lose pace. She was already sweating a bit. "Sounds very... Nice!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:42 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Sky date? Like with one of those Unicorn pilots?" Nozomi started to lose pace. She was already sweating a bit. "Sounds very... Nice!"

Shoan slows politely

"Hai, with Shinjo Yul-san, it was very pleasant. Perhaps in the future I shall have to conduct all my dates via aircraft. I think you might have enjoyed it too, but I would not want to presume."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:15 am 
"Oh, yes, he seems very popular," the priestess wheezed. She seemed to be doing better at the slower pace, at the very least. "Do we need to work on making you his top pick?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:25 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Oh, yes, he seems very popular," the priestess wheezed. She seemed to be doing better at the slower pace, at the very least. "Do we need to work on making you his top pick?"

"I...think it is unlikely. There are certain areas in which I cannot compete with other samurai. There are prettier samurai, friendlier samurai, samurai willing to be more...direct in their affections than I. It is a nice dream though."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:37 am 
"Let me ask another way then," she said in-between breaths. "Would he be your top pick?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next