It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day 5 EM] And I Ran (Expecting)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:27 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"That sounds terrible," Nozomi commented. She worked back up to pace with Shoan, still taking laborious breaths every once in awhile. "Were you there?"

There seems to be a great risk in getting the Murame talking as she speeds her pace when in thought.
“Oh yes, and it was. To think, at a children’s amusement park as well.... that was a long day.”

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:43 am 
"A children's amusement park? How terrible," Nozomi said, completely stopping her pace. She lowered her gaze and then sighed. "Would you like to talk about something else? I don't want you to, well, be sad."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:45 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"A children's amusement park? How terrible," Nozomi said, completely stopping her pace. She lowered her gaze and then sighed. "Would you like to talk about something else? I don't want you to, well, be sad."

“It’s not that sad a story, we rescued the orphans in the end.”
But Shoan does relent

“I’m happy to change the subject Kitsu-san. I’ve been neglecting you terribly. Pick any topic and I’ll do my best to discuss it.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:16 pm 
"You've been neglecting me? That's an interesting choice of words," Kitsu said, followed by an awkward laugh that was mixed with catching her breath.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:19 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"You've been neglecting me? That's an interesting choice of words," Kitsu said, followed by an awkward laugh that was mixed with catching her breath.

“Of course Kitsu-san! I have not asked you how your search for a spouse is going. Nor if I can help in some way. It has been selfish of me.”
Shoan certainly seemed serious....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:54 pm 
"Oh! Oh, oh, we don't need to talk about that. It'd be kind of embarrassing."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:32 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Oh! Oh, oh, we don't need to talk about that. It'd be kind of embarrassing."

“Ah” Shoan nods sagely
“You have too many seeking your hand? There’s no shame in being successful Kitsu-san.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:53 pm 
"No, nothing like that," Nozomi corrected. She looked away sheepishly. "I get embarrassed talking about my interests out loud."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:56 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"No, nothing like that," Nozomi corrected. She looked away sheepishly. "I get embarrassed talking about my interests out loud."

Trying to sound friendly
“Which is completely acceptable. If asked I might say that they’re nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about. But I also understand you not wanting to shout them out in the street.”
With a light tone
“Although I obviously cannot be blamed for wondering what they are, so as to better support your efforts.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:41 pm 
"Oh, no, no, even in private I'd be embarrassed." Nozomi looked around at potential eavesdropping folk before looking back to Shoan. "I don't really like talking about my feelings so much. Not the best for a miai."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:16 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Oh, no, no, even in private I'd be embarrassed." Nozomi looked around at potential eavesdropping folk before looking back to Shoan. "I don't really like talking about my feelings so much. Not the best for a miai."

"I see....a minor difficulty perhaps, in finding you a spouse, but nothing insurmountable. Is there some way you feel comfortable communicating them? I would not want to recommend someone to you to only realise later that you had negative feelings about the samurai in question."

Shoan wondered what feelings could be so shockingly embarrassing. She'd heard of a samurai who liked eating their cereal with water, maybe Nozomi head a similar dark secret?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:25 pm 
"If you're worried about who to recommend me to, then I can help with that part, at least," Nozomi stated while holding a finger up just like a teacher. "What benefits the clan, of course! As we had discussed, the Crab and Dragon would do well, though the latter are, well, not present. Imperials are always a safe bet. The Unicorn are endearing, though I must admit, I find the Moto family... unsuitable for my tastes.

"As for the rest, Lion are, well, a comfortable pick. Minor Clans don't seem like they'd have much to offer, but maybe we'd be surprised." She leaned in closer. "The Phoenix we are not meant to mingle with." Then, a step back. "And that's it." The ones left unspoken for were left that way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:35 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"If you're worried about who to recommend me to, then I can help with that part, at least," Nozomi stated while holding a finger up just like a teacher. "What benefits the clan, of course! As we had discussed, the Crab and Dragon would do well, though the latter are, well, not present. Imperials are always a safe bet. The Unicorn are endearing, though I must admit, I find the Moto family... unsuitable for my tastes.

"As for the rest, Lion are, well, a comfortable pick. Minor Clans don't seem like they'd have much to offer, but maybe we'd be surprised." She leaned in closer. "The Phoenix we are not meant to mingle with." Then, a step back. "And that's it." The ones left unspoken for were left that way.

"Of course, Kitsu-san. And of all the Crab and Dragon and Unicorn-not-Moto and comfortable Lion and surprising Minor Clanners you have met so far-"
A counter lean in as Nozomi leans back, the Murame with the slightest smirk on her features
"-Which do you feel would make the best partner?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:39 pm 
"Eh?" Nozomi stepped back, fanning herself with her palm. "I ran so much, phew." She bought more time, perhaps justifiably, by removing any fog from her glasses.

"To answer your question, it's hard for me to say who's at the top of my list," she said in a diplomatic way.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:44 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Eh?" Nozomi stepped back, fanning herself with her palm. "I ran so much, phew." She bought more time, perhaps justifiably, by removing any fog from her glasses.

"To answer your question, it's hard for me to say who's at the top of my list," she said in a diplomatic way.

Shoans looks back the way they'd ran, then back at Nozomi, then back the way they'd come...she supposed it had been a distance.

"Because there are so many good candidates? Or because the samurai in question is...unusual?"
A slight look of concern, like a mother hearing her daughter is going out with 'the boy who rides a motorcycle'
"Kitsu-san, it's not a Scorpion...is it?"
Or fortunes forbid a spider.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:50 pm 
"No, no, nothing like that! I meant, like, there are numerous contenders, all from the clans you listed back to me."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:58 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"No, no, nothing like that! I meant, like, there are numerous contenders, all from the clans you listed back to me."

"And there are just too many to name?"
Shoan peers at Nozomi for a few more seconds before nodding and pulling back

"As you say Kitsu-san. The miai is only just getting started, there is no need to have a definite list yet."
deadpan
"Just make sure to tell the samurai you do pick before it reaches its end, or things will be rather complicated."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:39 pm 
"There aren't that many on the list. Just, well, it's embarrassing to name them anyways."

Nozomi smiled meekly. "That is what I'm afraid of, though. I might miss my chance due to hesitation."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"There aren't that many on the list. Just, well, it's embarrassing to name them anyways."

Nozomi smiled meekly. "That is what I'm afraid of, though. I might miss my chance due to hesitation."

“I see. So they’re appropriate samurai, but naming them would still be difficult?”
Shoan looks down at Nozomi

“And you’d prefer not to name them, but you’re worried you might not name them. And if you don’t name them the entire miai is somewhat moot?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:13 am 
"Uh, yes, I think you got it completely," Nozomi murmured.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next