It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [D11 EE] Tanabata (RP - Marketplace)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:59 am 
She laughed at that, holding out a cookie as a consolation prize to him. "I don't know, given your esteem in the eyes of our hosts, I don't think you can really say I've beaten you at most things. Let's call it even for now."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:14 am 
"Happy to call it even," he says with a smile. Then he snatches the offered cookie in an exaggerated way and eats it. "Totally even," he jokes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:25 am 
She laughed, then went over to the raffle, putting down four bu of her own. "How about you pull four and I pull four?"

Tanabata: Raffle: 4#1d10 1 3 1 8

She laughed, getting a single 1' plush blue otori that looked a little like Bastard out of it. "Luck is not with me tonight."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:48 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Thank you!" she said with a blush, glancing between the two, Yul and Mumei, as she gave another little bow. Turning a bit more toward Chiyoko she giggled, "I've been looking forward to making sure you had a good time here since we spoke!" she said with an earnestness that was hard to beat. "I'm really glad to hear I'm doing a good job so far, yea?" she smiled again, but looked to Yul and Mumei.

"I hope you both've been having a good time too, yea?"

Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei manages to bite down her laugh and bow in a passable greeting as Yul snaps back to some version of propriety. "Good to see you, Doji-san, and meet you Hiruma-sama." She hadn't been to the show, so she had little to go on to recognize the Crab star. The familiar addresses aren't missed either, though she restricts comment to a smile and questioning look at Yul.

She nods to Ichika's question, waving the plush lizard with some small sense of triumph. "It's not celebrated that much on ships, so this is really nice. The ceremonial bits and all the games. Everyone seems so happy, and that's just...after the past few days, I'm really enjoying that."

"Have you tried any of the games yet?"

"Not yet!" Chiyoko exclaimed at the question and found herself glancing at a few of them in question.

"I'm thinking of giving them a try before the night is over, hopefully, earn and grab a few things of my own. Asahina-sama kindly gifted me with Ai-the-Otori. One some of those giant lizards would be nice," she pointed at some of them at the top of the stands on display and turned to look at Ichika, "Buuut, more importantly, I want to see my kind hostess and guide here give them a try too. How about it?"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:50 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
The familiar addresses aren't missed either, though she restricts comment to a smile and questioning look at Yul.

Yul gave her a smile and a quick nod; he'd explain later.

His smile lingered on Mumei a moment longer, and then he turned it on the other pair. "Yeah, it's been great. We each got a prize..." Yul pulled his Kami pet from his pocket, waving it at them. "The shooting gallery was pretty fun, and there's a thing with strings over there."

He sighed pleasantly. "But I think people watching has been the most fun. Like Mumei-san said, people just seem so happy tonight, it's a great way..." Yul bit his lip, "I hear there are gonna be fireworks later tonight."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 pm 
Comfortable with Yul's silent acknowledgment, Mumei grins and leans toward Ichika. "I learned that I can't shoot at all. Which is not really a surprise. But the rafflestrings are fun. I need to name this guy..girl? Lizard regent?"

She brightens at mention of the show to come. "Fireworks? Should definitely find a good spot to watch from." She bumps her shoulder gently against Yul. "The times I was able to celebrate the festival during training, they were done to kind of create the visual bridge between stars. Fire dancing with air to make a bridge that could stand across the void."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm 
Ichika laughed, looking to Chiyoko, "Okay! Something tells me pulling one of those strings might be best but what should we try first?" but as she said that she darted her eyes over to Yul and Mumei, "Oh! Right, there was some mention of fireworks yes? That'll be fun!"

With a little wave of her hand she looked back to Chiyoko with a smile.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:54 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Comfortable with Yul's silent acknowledgment, Mumei grins and leans toward Ichika. "I learned that I can't shoot at all. Which is not really a surprise. But the rafflestrings are fun. I need to name this guy..girl? Lizard regent?"

She brightens at mention of the show to come. "Fireworks? Should definitely find a good spot to watch from." She bumps her shoulder gently against Yul. "The times I was able to celebrate the festival during training, they were done to kind of create the visual bridge between stars. Fire dancing with air to make a bridge that could stand across the void."

For a moment, there was a thoughtful expression on Yul's face as he considered names for the lizard. It turned into a grin as Mumei bumped gently against him; he leaned back against her a moment longer. "That sounds amazing. I wonder if it's gonna be anything like that." He pursed his lips a moment. "Maybe we can find someplace up high to watch them?" He looked at her, eyebrows going up, a brief nod of his head down the street towards where they'd first met.

He grinned at the other two. "Hey, let us know if you get any good prizes, huh? Is there anything that you're hoping for?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm 
"You can win one of those here?" Chiyoko said as Yul showed the Kami-Pet, clearly impressed at the expensive gem of a prize found here. The poor heimen probably weren't expecting trained samurai to score them this easily.

"Fireworks too? They're really going all out on this colony but I don't know if you would get a good view from street level? Maybe on one of the rooftops?" she suggested.

She followed with Ichika's wave, "I'm really thinking we should try for one of those Kami-Pets! I want to try to get one!"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:19 pm 
Hiruma Chiyoko wrote:
"Fireworks too? They're really going all out on this colony but I don't know if you would get a good view from street level? Maybe on one of the rooftops?" she suggested.

"Rooftops, huh? That's a pretty wild idea." He flashed Mumei a sidelong grin.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:52 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
She laughed, then went over to the raffle, putting down four bu of her own. "How about you pull four and I pull four?"

Tanabata: Raffle: 4#1d10 1 3 1 8

She laughed, getting a single 1' plush blue otori that looked a little like Bastard out of it. "Luck is not with me tonight."

Akihiko takes his pulls, coming up just as well as Shizuku. Setting aside the empty strings he says, "Hmm. Well, we are still quite even." He takes a yellow plush drifter that, at the same size as Shizuku's otori, looks so adorably non-threatening that even Akihiko can't resist giving it a small hug.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:01 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko takes his pulls, coming up just as well as Shizuku. Setting aside the empty strings he says, "Hmm. Well, we are still quite even." He takes a yellow plush drifter that, at the same size as Shizuku's otori, looks so adorably non-threatening that even Akihiko can't resist giving it a small hug.

She smiled as she saw him hug it a little, then paused and offered the Otori to him. "I couldn't get the plushes earlier... If I had, I would have given you one. But maybe this will be a good stand in." To remember me by.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:30 pm 
Asahina Fusako wrote:
Fusako allowed her On a brief moment of disappointment before smiling again and handing over the otori plush. "A shame. Perhaps if you ever visit Isora's Rest then. Her name's Ai, do take care of her."

Satoru had been there but had little to say, seemed the larger the immediate group got the more inward the Spider became. However he was perfectly polite in greeting and dismissing the pair.

As they left he took a breath before looking to Fusako "That crab seems much more shy in person. Surprising given her profession as an entertainer. But I suppose we can all put on masks."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:39 pm 
"Kami-pets then!" she said, with a bright smile. Glancing back where Yul and Mumei almost certainly had been coming from. "I guess we should split ways here then, yea? Unless.. well, if you two don't have other plans maybe we can all watch the fireworks together, yea? Either meet back up somewhere or just stick together?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:57 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:

She smiled as she saw him hug it a little, then paused and offered the Otori to him. "I couldn't get the plushes earlier... If I had, I would have given you one. But maybe this will be a good stand in." To remember me by.

Akihiko realizes the meaning, and his breath catches and his on falters. A little panicked, he quickly looks around, spying a less noisy and populated area of the marketplace. "Can we...?" he waves toward the side street, and without thinking the hand holding the stuffed drifter comes up to push her elbow that way. He pulls his hand and plushie back, face very concerned. "Please can we talk?" It's an anxiety-ridden whisper.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:03 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko realizes the meaning, and his breath catches and his on falters. A little panicked, he quickly looks around, spying a less noisy and populated area of the marketplace. "Can we...?" he waves toward the side street, and without thinking the hand holding the stuffed drifter comes up to push her elbow that way. He pulls his hand and plushie back, face very concerned. "Please can we talk?" It's an anxiety-ridden whisper.

She gave an awkward half-smile. "Sorry... I didn't mean to bother you." Still, she followed his directions, eyes on the ground. "If you want to."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:20 pm 
When slightly sheltered from the crowds and noise, Akihiko tries desperately to collect his thoughts. All the usual charm and poise are gone, as though he's back, right after Chiyoko's funeral. He's gone from laughing about games to terrified in just a few words from her.

Akihiko leans his forehead against a wall, eyes closed and mind swimming. "I didn't think I would say it here, in this way, but" he finds the strength to look at her, "I am planning to pick you tomorrow, Shizuku-san." He tries to smile, and light sparkles off the corners of his eyes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:22 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
"Rooftops, huh? That's a pretty wild idea." He flashed Mumei a sidelong grin.

The Osprey laughs, shaking her head.

Doji Ichika wrote:
"Kami-pets then!" she said, with a bright smile. Glancing back where Yul and Mumei almost certainly had been coming from. "I guess we should split ways here then, yea? Unless.. well, if you two don't have other plans maybe we can all watch the fireworks together, yea? Either meet back up somewhere or just stick together?"

"We should go watch together." She bumps Yul again. "Someone's being coy for no reason. There's a decent spot on a roof just a bit down the street. A little bit of a scramble in these fancy clothes, maybe, but a good view. We took some noodles up there to eat the first time we met."

"I wouldn't mind seeing how well you do aiming for that kami-pet." She glances at Yul, "unless you really did need to go find some cookies that didn't depend on my shooting talent?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:29 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
When slightly sheltered from the crowds and noise, Akihiko tries desperately to collect his thoughts. All the usual charm and poise are gone, as though he's back, right after Chiyoko's funeral. He's gone from laughing about games to terrified in just a few words from her.

Akihiko leans his forehead against a wall, eyes closed and mind swimming. "I didn't think I would say it here, in this way, but" he finds the strength to look at her, "I am planning to pick you tomorrow, Shizuku-san." He tries to smile, and light sparkles off the corners of his eyes.

She blinked, trying to process this utterly unexpected bit of information. "But... I... What? You are? But... what about... You have so many things to think about with that..." A little light is sparkling off the corners of her eyes as well as she blinked uncomprehendingly up at him.

Suddenly, she looked stricken. "Oh Kami, I didn't accidentally say something to make you feel bad, did I?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:47 pm 
Yul laughed. "Maybe we should just pay the guy first this time. All four of us sneaking up there like this might be a challenge." He smirked. "Although I still want to climb up. That's just the fun way to do it."

He waved, gesturing to the lot of them. "But yeah, we'll show you. After a bit of shooting." He grinned. "Between the four of us, I bet we can get at least one packet of cookies."

With another gesture, and a slight touch on Mumei's arm, Yul led the way back towards the shooting gallery.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next