It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: [D11 EE] Tanabata (RP - Marketplace)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:55 pm 
"Niiice, I look forward to seeing this spot then, Shinjo-san," she nodded and then pause to glance at Ichika, as if to ask: are these two a couple or something?

With the group veering towards the shooting booth, Chiyoko was more than happy to take the lead once they get close, very eager to win her own Kami-Pet among the prizes here. The other things were serviceable enough and probably purchasable at a store for the same price at admission. She had her sights set high.

She took the nerf gun in her hand and gave it a look over, perhaps a sudden reminder that she hadn't been to the range for a while. "Been a while...Put me down for five shots!" she said easily and paid the bu and change.

Chk! Tack! Chk! Tuck! Chk! Tick! Chk! Pock! Chk! Tuck!

Day 11, Early Evening: Shooting Game, void spent for three rolls for Kami-Pet! TN35.: 3#4d10o10k3 30 10 20
Day 11, Early Evening: Shooting Game, two rolls for Kami-Pet! TN35.: 2#3d10o10k2 11 24

Chiyoko let out a barrage of shots, almost like a drill as she reloaded and shot another, quicking loading another to do the same. All of her nerf darts went in stray directions and missed the Kami-Pet target entirely. At the end of her attempt, she got nothing.

"Well, damn," she frowned.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:03 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Raffle sticks... These were probably somethign he should avoid with his luck the way it was today. Still sixteen was his lucky number and that's the number of games he intended to play today. With a nod mostly to himself he purchased five draws, and it turned out he was surpisingly lucky, at least on the first two.

Two big prizes and then three blanks... Well, it could certainly be worse, and no one could say he didn't get his money's worth. He decided to keep the smaller one, a megadon in some sort of sports team jersey. The other a huge baby Otori was given to one of the local monks around town, with instructions to gift it to the cutest young couple he came across. The man didn't have to comply of course, but Hayato thought he might.

5 draws of the raffle strings. Ee day 11 Let's see what we get: 5#1d10 10 9 5 2 1

25 Zeni Two plushes, larger one given away.

Eating grilled colorful-dango from a skewer, Hyeon-ju spotted Hayato giving away one of his prizes.

"Feeling charitable tonight, Hayato-san?" she asked, carrying her own prizes with her, including four goldfish swimming around in a container, and a big plush-toy. "I thought you'd be the type to try to impress someone with giving them your winning prizes."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:14 pm 
Hayato looked over and offered the Uyaku woman a warm smile. "Sometimes, but it seems you're a bit over loaded as is." The Mantis replied his tone a little teasing.

"Though I've always thought that the best way to impress someone was with something a bit more personal." Glancing at her burdens he smiled. "Perhaps we should find someplace to sit."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 pm 
"I like to win my own prizes most of the time," she said with some pride, seemingly enjoying the moment to have a little bit of fun before things get back to the natural serious state.

At the mention of sitting down, Hyeon-ju nodded. "Sounds like a good plan. I... I've been a bit luckier with prizes today than I originally expected."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:25 pm 
Sharing that brief look Ichika just raised her arms in a little shrug and smiled brightly. From the way she looked back, the way she smiled, it was a pretty clear yes, as far as she was aware, despite the coyness.

Joining in on the fun, Ichika matched the contribution to the faire that Chiyoko did. Though she shot high for the Kami-pet first her shot came nowhere close, enough that it was laughable and laugh Ichika did. Glancing to the others, each in their turn, she looked for other targets and though she came very close on a few she ultimately didn't hit anything.

"I didn't think I would hit anything, but it was fun to try, yea?" she finished, setting the toy back aside. With a soft chuckle she stepped just off to the side to make room for someone else to take up the spot. Looking to Chiyoko with a bright smile as she stood.

Day 11, EE | Tanabata Faire: Tn 35 for Kami-pet (first roll), TN 20 for Drink (next two), TN 15 for Cookies (Last two rolls): 5#2d10 11 17 11 10 8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:38 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I like to win my own prizes most of the time," she said with some pride, seemingly enjoying the moment to have a little bit of fun before things get back to the natural serious state.

At the mention of sitting down, Hyeon-ju nodded. "Sounds like a good plan. I... I've been a bit luckier with prizes today than I originally expected."

"I can see that." He offered with a soft chuckle. "Four goldfish? All with one scoop i assume?" Hayato asked as he lead the way to the break area.

The sideways glance he gave her was likely just for conversation and not to get a second look at how elegant she appeared in her kimono.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:44 am 
"I've never gotten this many in the past, before the paper would break... I remember I loved trying that game as a child, but I was never any good at it then, and if I got a goldfish it was thanks to one of my older siblings or my mom." There was a wistfulness in her tone, as she was thinking back to how simpler things were when you were a child.

She moved with ease in kimono just as much as she did in any other wear, following along the path to the more quieter parts.

"... Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:17 am 
Yul laughed gently. "Some of those shots were pretty good, actually. Believe me, a nerf gun like this isn't much like the real thing. I bet you'd have done better at a shooting range." He smiled as he spoke, his tone kind.

He shrugged. "Tell you what. I'll buy us some cookies, and we can all share them while we watch fireworks." He chuckled. "It'll be a lot easier to get them up there than bowls of soup, too."

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:40 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I've never gotten this many in the past, before the paper would break... I remember I loved trying that game as a child, but I was never any good at it then, and if I got a goldfish it was thanks to one of my older siblings or my mom." There was a wistfulness in her tone, as she was thinking back to how simpler things were when you were a child.

She moved with ease in kimono just as much as she did in any other wear, following along the path to the more quieter parts.

"... Are you nervous about tomorrow?"

"I was always the one winning prizes for my sisters." He lifted a hand and pretended to fire a shot. "Though usually at the shooting game. Goldfish were a bit more difficult until I got a little older." He smirked. "I guess that's the difference in our order of birth though."

Her question caused him to pause. "Yes." He offered at last. "I believe I've made my decision, the one that's best for my clan. I'm not convinced that it's the best for me though. Still thats not really my concern. Still I worry about what the day will bring and if the decision will taken from me."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:46 am 
"Well, I am the middle child," she chuckled softly. The Tanabata-festival was putting her in a good mood at least, even if she was nervous about what was going to happen after it.

As they reached the bench, one of her gloved hands smoothed out the front panel of the kimono when she sat down. "Really? That's... good. I'm sorry to hear it's not one that might be good for you though." She sighed. "You're a good man, Hayato-san. You deserve to be happy."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:15 am 
He placed his prizes on the table, offering the other melon flavored soft drink he had acquired to Hyeon-ju. After all he didn't need two.

Taking a seat next to her he smiled slightly. "It's something of a complicated matter, I am not the one she would choose herself, but it seems the one that she would choose is not acceptable by her family."

"It's nothing time and patience won't fix, and I have no worries about investing both. It's just not exactly what I'd call ideal."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:24 am 
Her own load was placed to the side as well on the table.

"Mm, I see..." she nodded, accepting the soft drink, and offering him the last two dango on the skewer as a trade.

"I... well, I don't know for certain, but I hope that I will be chosen by Akodo-sama. Since... well, I was going to choose, or be chosen by, Chiyoko-san." And then she died. Hyeon-ju made a good effort of not lingering on it. "And well, I like him. He's nice, and honorable. He seems like a good man. I think it could work."

The can made a fizzy noise as she broke the seal. "It's been a lot of effort gone into strengthening ties between the clans this miai. So... that would be the best outcome."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:38 am 
Mumei offers a sympathetic grin. "I mean those almost all were better than mine. I guess they have to make it kinda hard for folks who aren't trained to shoot things..." she gestures to Yul with a bit of a flourish.

She nods at the suggestion of treats to go with the fireworks. "Cookies, and I'll grab some pop or something to drink with them."

"So you're not here for the miai, Hiruma-sama? How'd you two meet then? I've been hard pressed to have much time for much outside of meeting all these folks." And...ok that other thing with the portal.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:31 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Her own load was placed to the side as well on the table.

"Mm, I see..." she nodded, accepting the soft drink, and offering him the last two dango on the skewer as a trade.

"I... well, I don't know for certain, but I hope that I will be chosen by Akodo-sama. Since... well, I was going to choose, or be chosen by, Chiyoko-san." And then she died. Hyeon-ju made a good effort of not lingering on it. "And well, I like him. He's nice, and honorable. He seems like a good man. I think it could work."

The can made a fizzy noise as she broke the seal. "It's been a lot of effort gone into strengthening ties between the clans this miai. So... that would be the best outcome."

Dango for soda? A fair trade indeed. He took a bite of one as she talked listening to her opinion on the matter. "I thought that might be the case, Matsu-san was not one I knew. I did know she was skilled though, and those of her clan spoke well or her. Honestly Moshi-san of my own clan did the same."

That wasn't really something either of them wanted to linger on though and so he let it pass. "I've had not the chance to meet Akodo-sama, but if his clanmates are any indication he is a fine man. Add in your own opinion on the matter and you'd be hard pressed to do better."

He nodded at her last words. "That it has, and it's also one of the reasons why im making the choice i am. I can't satisfy everyone, but I've done what I can."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:33 am 
"Huh, I should have thought it would be easier..." she murmured thoughtfully, despite having nothing to go on. If one person got it, it should have been doable, right? "Maybe should have aimed for something delicious at least...No, wait, I have this..."

She pulled out another five zeni from her obi purse and put it on the counter to get another dart.

Pock!

Day 11, Early Evening: Shooting Game for a Box of Cookies at TN15: 3d10o10k2 14

The nerf arrow, unfortunately, breezed past the target for the box, narrowly missing it.

"Baaah! I guess the Fortunes are telling me that I shouldn't be snacking anyway!"

She nodded appreciatively at Ichika, "Still a good run...Team No-Prizes!"

"Nope, just a visitor and in town for a few days after some work. We ran into each other at the mall actually at one of those old photo booths. Kind of surprised they weren't more popular!"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:49 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Dango for soda? A fair trade indeed. He took a bite of one as she talked listening to her opinion on the matter. "I thought that might be the case, Matsu-san was not one I knew. I did know she was skilled though, and those of her clan spoke well or her. Honestly Moshi-san of my own clan did the same."

That wasn't really something either of them wanted to linger on though and so he let it pass. "I've had not the chance to meet Akodo-sama, but if his clanmates are any indication he is a fine man. Add in your own opinion on the matter and you'd be hard pressed to do better."

He nodded at her last words. "That it has, and it's also one of the reasons why im making the choice i am. I can't satisfy everyone, but I've done what I can."

"We do what we can with what's given, hoping it will be the best choice. At least I'm glad we get to celebrate Tanabata, before the choices are made. A reminder of true love that was also dutiful and honorable." She at least liked that story a lot and thought it romantic.

"I... wish things could have turned different for you though. Do you think your family will approve of your choice?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:00 am 
"Hmmm, grab some 'or something'." Yul said, grinning. "I feel like that's the sort of thing to have at a festival. And hey, no prizes, no problem. Cookies are on me."

He took a moment to strike a heroic pose as Mumei gestured to him.

"One of those old photo booths? No kidding." He looked at the other couple (or whatever), his eyebrows going up. "Do you have the pictures?"

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:05 am 
"Team No-Prizes!" she cheered with a little pump of her arm and then of course, a nice bout of laughter. Bringing her hands together in a little clap. Leaning in just a tad toward Chiyoko in a sense of that joined camaraderie Ichika chuckled, "You know, I'm surprised I never found that store myself before we ran into each other, yea? It was really cute!" she said, looking back to Yul and then Mumei. "It was really fun, we took a few pictures that came out really nice."

On the question of if they had the pictures, Ichika first looked to Chiyoko as she held her purse right where it'd always rested while she wasn't doing something else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 am 
Mumei shakes her head, laughing. "See! Rafflestrings! No skill required." She looks back at the shooting booth. "But I guess no kami-pets either. I'm never going to be able to take this guy with on the trip out though, if either of you want?" She holds out the squishable peacock lizard plushie, the wires holding its brightly colored frills aloft a bit bent from carrying it around.

"But yeah, I'll find a bit of *and something* as we walk around then." She perks up at mention of the pictures. "Oh those must be cute. Those machines are a lot of fun. I bet the pictures are great."

She tucks a thought i to a mental notebook. They should go get some of those to carry with them after the miai, until they could meet again.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 am 
Chiyoko was more than willing to do the Unicorn practice of high-fives with Ichika.

"Okay, it's not that old...but I haven't seen one in a while, maybe I haven't been looking hard enough. They're kind of hidden away. You can get them done in cards or stickers. Cards are better," she nodded at the question and searched her obi for her purse, pulling one of the cards in question.

It was a picture with an oval frame of the sky with Inu-Tai doing a proud salute in the middle, in the picture it looked like Ichika and Chiyoko were doing their best to mimic the posture.

Run by GM Boogiepop
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next