It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [D10EM] The Finer Things
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:28 pm 
With the weather finally turned cool, the marketplace was exceptionally full. People milled about, shopping for wares, whether just the daily goods they needed, or looking for a deal.

Yul glanced at his companion as they walked casually down the street. "So, do you know where we're headed? Or should I be helping to keep a lookout?" He gave her a friendly smile.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

Post subject: Re: [D10EM] The Finer Things
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:43 pm 
"No idea!" she said with a happy little giggle. Catching up with a quick few steps to his side after having stopped to check out one of the other shops at work. "Suppose I need something of a tailor? Might be able to make me some other clothing too.." she said, glancing down at the white top set over blue skirt. Giving it a little spin she imagined a different outfit and thought about a different place, neither yet in existence.

"Or we can just find two different places, hmm?" she looked back to Yul with a little smile.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:51 pm 
Yul paused, waiting for Ichika to catch up, smiling at her as she did.

He laughed softly. "Alright, sounds good. We'll both try to find something." He tilted his head back, squinting as he looked around. "I've never actually had clothes made by a tailor, you know? Most of my stuff is standard issue. A few things that Hyeon-ju got me. And my old leather jacket was a hand me down."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:05 pm 
"I've been many times," she raised her arms a little like she was in her kimono, "my kimono was made by a tailor.. it suits me I think," she said with a little laugh. "My mother was always sooo.." she furrowed her brow as she sought the right word. Fiddling with her left index finger with the same hand as she thought.

"She wanted me to be presentable. Had a thing for going to the tailor to get the fit that was just right, yea? My family wasn't very high.. but we weren't all that low either you know? So we always had to be better than the next or something," she waved the thought off. Touching the bottom of her eyepatch as she thought. Looking to him with a smile, "A lot nicer to come here for something like this with you, yea?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:15 pm 
Yul grinned. "Oh, I've been lots of times, just for repairs. That was something different, though. You probably won't be surprised to hear that I was always damaging my clothing one way or another." Yul shrugged. "And sometimes for fitting. But most of my stuff is one size fits all, anyway." And yet, somehow, it managed to fit his figure really well.

He flashed her another quick smile. "But yeah, I like spending time with you, too. And I think any sort of outing is more fun with a friend." His lips quirked. "Or something. Hyeon-ju took me shopping the other day, and I wouldn't exactly call her a friend, after all."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:50 pm 
Ichika glanced away at that, noticing a store nearby. A soft sigh that she covered up quickly by adding, "You know.. I'm still not sure how much you believe that, way you talk about her. Shopping together too?" she said, looking to him with a furrowed brow. Shaking her head, "Nope, I don't quite buy it," she said, glancing back with a little smile.

Pointing in a direction, "Over there, maybe?" she suggested off to the right, seeing something that sort of looked like it might be a place that'd meet her requirements.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:56 pm 
Yul laughed, shaking his head. "Nah, she's definitely not a friend. But she's my wingmate. And that means something."

He nodded. "Yeah, sure. Let's check it out." Jerking his head, he lead the way. "Say, have you eaten yet. Let me get you a little snack of something when we're done. Maybe they've got dango or something."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:07 pm 
"Nope! So, yes!" she said, a little laugh. As they stepped ever toward their destination she looked to Yul. "Hey.. we haven't talked in a few days, yea? How've you.. been, and stuff?" she asked, fiddling with her finger a bit again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:16 pm 
Yul smiled. "Really good, actually. I mean, there's been a few downsides." He grimaced, lips twisting noticeably. "There's been more good than bad, though. In some ways I don't want it to end, but..." He grinned, eyes lighting up just a little. "I'm also kinda looking forward to the ending."

He swallowed. "Well... unless something goes wrong. I followed up on what you told me. It's being handled today." Assuming all went well, of course.

Yul cleared his throat. "What about you, Ichika-san?" He held the door open for her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:43 pm 
"Yea, I spoke with Nakauchi-san with it a couple days ago. I'm sure they have it handled.. even if I wish there was more I could do," she said with a little sigh, stepping in through the door she gave him a little smile in passing. Once inside she gave a little wave to the artisan toward the back. A small space with an assortment of things laid out, fabrics and finished clothing alike for sale.

"I'm.. good, actually," she said, glancing down a spot of a moment. A smile, "I've been spending a bit of time around and met some really wonderful people. Oh!" she popped up onto her feet a bit, a bright smile. "I have to introduce you to one of them, we're going to go to the Tanabata festival together tomorrow. Keep an eye out for me, yea?" she asked, with that expectantly hopeful look that inspired only one answer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:53 pm 
Yul's eyes lit up a little more at the mention of Mumei. "Don't worry. They're taking care of it. And I'm handling something else."

He stepped into the shop, taking a casual look around, folding his arms casually over his chest. "Oh yeah?" Yul looked at Ichika, eyebrows going up. "Of course I'll look out for you. Who are you going with? Maybe I met them."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 pm 
"We're going to talk about whatever else it is you're doing," she said, pointing a finger, "but first. I met Hiruma Chiyoko-sama in one of that picture booth store some days ago. We decided to go to the festival together, she's cute," she giggled, a quick two notes. "She's really nice too, it was fun. Do you know her?" she asked, leaning in as her brow raised with the question.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:26 am 
Yul's eyebrows went up. "I don't know her, actually, and I thought I knew all of the Crab. No kidding."

"So, uh..." Yul's head bobbed back and forth, and then he gave her a sly smile. "You think she might make a good match? Huh?" He teased her gently.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:44 am 
"M-" she paused, a little distant look. Both brows raised at the same time as, "OH!" she brought her hands up, waving them a little. Cheeks flushed beat red as she started waving them a whole lot more. "N- it's not like that!" she shook her head, settling her hands. "She's not here as part of the Miai.. just visiting!" she stepped once closer as if closing the space might make the moment more private as to cause a disturbance. She wasn't all that reserved in her manner though as she looked to Yul, looking for that re-confirmation he understood like someone who just took a wrong turn but needed to see it in someone else before they could accept it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:54 am 
Yul laughed, not unkindly. "Hey, okay. I'm sorry." He put his hands up. "Okay, she's not here for the miai, she's just visiting. I got it. Don't worry."

He smiled at her. "So... you and her are just going together as friends, then? For fun?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:05 am 
Letting her shoulders down a little, she smiled and settled a bit. Glancing away she brought a hand up fixing up her hair with a quick brush over her ear to get a few loose strands back into place. Looking back she nodded, "Yea, I mean.. she knows I'm in the Miai.. and we only just met, yea?" she said surely, as if she wasn't here with quite a wonderful example of how she sometimes grows to regret that approach right in front of her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 am 
Yul shrugged. "Yeah, I suppose. I mean, sometimes that works, right? Love at first sight, or a kharmic bond, or things like that."

Smiling, he looked around the shop. "So... what sort of fabric do you need for this? Something sturdy but soft, I'd bet." His lips quirked. "If we were on a Unicorn planet, I'd suggest leather. Probably not here, though."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:02 am 
"I'm sure that if I pick out one of the designs.." she turned about, glancing around the shop a little. "Well, I'm certain," she leans up onto the pads of her feet so she can try to spot it, "Oh there!" she pointed at a wall of fabric samples.

"Just sorta, pick out the design and let the artisan know, yea?" she said, already stepping forward as she looked back. "W-was that how it was for you?" she looked back where she was going as they talked and walked!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:38 am 
"That looks pretty good." Yul offered. After a moment, he gave her a grin. "You know, you should probably model whatever we pick out."

The grin faded as he considered, very honestly, the answer to her question. "Yes." He finally said. "Even if I didn't quite realize it at first. But I could feel something was there. It was only after the next meeting, and the one after that, that I really knew."

He tilted his head, smiling gently at Ichika. But he didn't say anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:59 am 
"Mmm," she vocalized her agreement on that note. Finishing their little journey over toward the different samples quietly. Starting up again her voice started out a little meek but quickly gained in itself back to where it originally was.

"So.." she glanced over to the artisan, thinking and then shook her head. Looking around there was probably a Yukata somewhere but that was for later, so she shook her head again. At the wall as they were she started looking at the different fabric samples on display, started down over by some lighter blue-colored ones.

"What are you doing later, Yul-san? You mentioned that Nakauchi-san was taking care of what I talked to you about, but you were taking care of something else?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next