It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 

Post subject: [D1, EM] Coffee & Cigarettes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:36 pm 
Nishida sat together with Akechi at a run-down street coffee shop in the market street of the Heimin. He had chosen this place because it was probably one of the few places where a man could enjoy his coffee and cigarrette in peace and quiet without being looked at harshly. In addition, he had arranged a meeting here, the person concerned should arrive at any moment.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

Post subject: Re: [D1, EM] Coffee & Cigarettes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:58 pm 
With a friendly jingle the shop doors slide open and welcome a new customer. A well dressed young man with an irritable expression about him steps through the store to the back. A single pale eye glaring out past the man's long bangs scanning the room. He scoops his chair out underneath the table with his leg and swifts take his seat in one fluid motion. A small head bow and a gesture of a rolling hand to breeze past these ancient formalities. Sitting sideways at the table with one arm up, he waves down a waiter to place his order.

"Yasuki Nishida I presume? Nice to meet you boss... Albeit this is one of my strangest assignments yet. You've looked over my dossier?" The waiter stops by and he orders a simple small black.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:07 pm 
He nodded. "I did" he said lighting a cig and offering his lighter to Nakaba.
"You did some odd choices, but i guess you didn't do them randomly, Nakaba-san. I'm looking forward working with you."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:38 pm 
"Good." Nakaba shortly replies and accepts Nishida's lighter. "Lets keep this low key for now. Smooth." With a spark of flame he lights his own cigarette. "Your a high valued target both on the dance floor and off Yasuki-sama. You good your partner there thankfully, but if you ever need an extra hand or problem solved you call me immediately. Expectation from the top says this could bag us some hefty contracts." Nakaba shrugs while exhaling a large cloud. "Ridiculous assignment." he ends with a dour tone and receives his coffee.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:18 pm 
"These planets at the edge of the empire often have a high risk, but a high risk can also bring a lot of profits, the better our clan and our family does with this Miai the better. Besides, we all have to get married at some point" he said with a shrug and took a puff of his cig.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:37 pm 
Nishida's lighter returned by sliding across the table. "Married hai but the risk of losing one's own clan is too high. Could you imagine being married into crane? The lion?! Our line of work is not the most highly praised within those circles." Nakaba shakes his head. "I have better things to do than be some trophy husband for some minor contract. This playing field is for big shots like you boss. Nakodo have mercy on this poor soul." A small chuckle to his own accursed fate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 am 
Nishida took his lighter back. "So far i havn't seen many high status people around. With a bit of luck and wit you can get someone to marry into the crab, Nakaba-san."

Nishida took a sip of his coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:25 am 
"You know how this life is. Friends are single serve." Nakaba picks up a single packet of sugar on the table to make his point then tosses it away as that shit doesn't belong anywhere near his coffee. "You talk, find the right buttons to press, make the deal, then take off into space before they wake up. Smell the burning koku in the air neh? Now your telling me I got to con man some beautiful goddess from across the galaxy to stick at my side forever?!" He takes a long drag of his cigarette. "Not the same. Hard to run from a ball and chain."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:32 pm 
Nishida chukled and took a drag of his cig too. "You don't have to con man her, you have to con man the host. And after it's done you fly her home to the Green Hell, do your duty to the clan and get going again. Only diffrence is that a wedding contract is a bit more fickle, and people get all emotional when they don't get what they want." Nishida shrugged. "As long as there is a profit for the clan and the family, we have done our job." A sip from the stale coffee. Still better then the one they serve on mining stations.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:52 pm 
"Bah! You ever heard of my older brother Yasuki Junzo? Third in line to heir the Kawakami Logistics? My family's business?" He extinguishes his nearly spent cigarette into an ash tray and focuses attention solely on his coffee. "Really bounced back into the spotlight after an arranged marriage serving as a merger with a rival company. Not a bad looking wife let me tell you but COMPLETELY hate each other's guts. Actively work against each other in their work. PLUS Her spiritual levels are all over the place with the occasional supernatural disturbance. If their not being hounded all night by spirits the whole place is a smoking chimney with incense of protection." he irrupts himself to chuckle a few times as he says the tale.

"In one year my brother looked like he aged ten! Hasn't gotten a good night's sleep in kami knows how long. Now four kids running all over the place. Real good kids but man... Pray for a little bit of Benten's blessing here cause let me tell you boyo there is at least one little lady in that crowd." He waves his hand outward as if to gesture a large area. "Is a total nightmare is disguise."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:28 pm 
Nishida had to laugh when the story was told. "Seems like your brother recieved a really bad deal, huh?"
He finished his cig too, and sipped more coffee. "That's why we Yasuki always evaluate our good before buying them, never forget that, Nabaka-san, or else you end up on the bad side of the deal." he chukled a bit again "But on a serious note, there's a lot of spiders, so we should be careful about them."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:14 am 
"Hai hai spooky spiders. I doubt any will be swinging for us." Nakaba finished his coffee. "Directive from the top calls for scorpion. Thankfully my sort of crowd." He sharpens his collar and gives a smirk full of self confidence. "Who knows though. Chaotic world out there here on the frontier. Sometimes we gotta see what fate hands us."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:31 am 
"Chaotic indeed,.... do you think about sorting this chaos a bit,...... getting a bit of a profit, perhaps?" he said with a sly smirk, the one you see car salesman have when they see a guillable custumor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:20 am 
"Whole point of this miai is to establish economic roots for this colony right? This city's roots have hardly found purchase within the soil. A blank canvas yet to be defined. Habitable planets are an extreme rarity... Plenty of opportunity to cut out a slice of our own hai?... For the clan of course." He mirrors that sly smirk albeit with a roll of his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:12 am 
"Well we'll see what oportunities open for ourselves here" he said. He took out his Communicator and gave it to Nabaka. "Here's my communicator number, ring me up if you found a opportunity for our clan." he said still smiling.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:45 am 
Nakaba takes out his own communicator and taps it against Nishida's to automatically register the contact information. He slides it back across the table with a spin. "I'll do just that. Take care Yasuki-sama. Don't do anything I would do." he offers a causal bow and steps of the coffee shop. Possibly leaving the rich kid Nishida with the bill.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 am 
"I wouldn't" he said, offering a bow in return, drinking his coffee again and began having a conversation with Akechi again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]