It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [Day 7 LA] On The Market (Expecting/Open)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:55 am 
Shoan waits calmly in a corner of the bustling marketplace as heimin rush this way and that completing jobs or searching for a quick bite to eat. It was one of the few areas of the city she had yet to visit and despite her...discomfort with the sea of humanity in front of her, the Lion had decided it was time to try and get over herself.....

Although her hand is rarely far from her holster.

It was also a good place for samurai to talk away from their peers at the miai, and for that reason she'd messaged one of her clanmates that morning asking them if they were free for a little wander.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 7 LA] On The Market (Expecting/Open)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:12 am 
Nozomi rounded a corner and made her grand appearance for Shoan. It was not that there was much different about the priestess. She was just being dramatic for flare.

"What brought you here?" she piped, joining her clan mate's flank.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:16 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi rounded a corner and made her grand appearance for Shoan. It was not that there was much different about the priestess. She was just being dramatic for flare.

"What brought you here?" she piped, joining her clan mate's flank.

Shoan applauds politely, a grand entrance is a grande entrance, and flare deserves recognition.

"It is good to see you Kitsu-san, you seem...quite well."
She bows politely, but the Murame's tone is friendly

"I thought this might be a good location for some exploration and possibly an interesting meal, I have seen most of the eaters in the upper city, so there could be something...different down here."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:51 pm 
Nozomi returned the bow and then looked around. "Oh, yes. Maybe I can find some Unicorn cuisine over here."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:55 pm 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi returned the bow and then looked around. "Oh, yes. Maybe I can find some Unicorn cuisine over here."

"Unicorn cuisine? Well, I did see someone carrying something large and furry over in that direction"
She points deeper into the markets and starts to head that way.

"Is the food just for you? Or were you hoping to find some to share with someone?"
Shoan racks her brain. Let's see, two unicorn...one is Yul, it's not Yul, ergo it could be...
"Utaku-san? maybe?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:43 am 
The Kitsu turned a bit pink and looked away. "Ah, yes, that would make sense," she stammered. "Makes sense that you figured out who I was talking about, that is, after all I've-"

Nozomi looked back. "Wait, no you don't know... or do you? Hm..."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:48 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
The Kitsu turned a bit pink and looked away. "Ah, yes, that would make sense," she stammered. "Makes sense that you figured out who I was talking about, that is, after all I've-"

Nozomi looked back. "Wait, no you don't know... or do you? Hm..."

Shoan's face is careflully neutral

"It's true, I know much about Utaku-san, and you."
technically true, she knew about each of them individually

"Maybe you coule expand a little, to make sure there are no misconceptions?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:07 am 
Nozomi ran a hand through her hair. "Uh, well, yes, we talked about getting dinner sometime and I wanted to see if I could find a place for that purpose."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:10 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi ran a hand through her hair. "Uh, well, yes, we talked about getting dinner sometime and I wanted to see if I could find a place for that purpose."

"I see."
pause

"Then we will search for the perfect place for you to get the measure of Utaku-san and then doubtless charm her. Do you think she prefers food quality or aesthetic?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:17 am 
"Doubtless? I don't even know who else she's looking into," Nozomi admitted. She twiddled with her fingers and then nodded. "I think she may be the best political match for me."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:19 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Doubtless? I don't even know who else she's looking into," Nozomi admitted. She twiddled with her fingers and then nodded. "I think she may be the best political match for me."

"I have heard she is....popular. But that is all the more reason for you to pursue her."
Encouragingly
"She is an honourable Shitome and would be a very appropriate match for you."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:29 am 
"Her popularity is one of the reasons why I haven't made her my top choice," Nozomi admitted. She took off her glasses, gave them a thorough rub, then replaced them. "Still haven't figured that one out."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:34 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Her popularity is one of the reasons why I haven't made her my top choice," Nozomi admitted. She took off her glasses, gave them a thorough rub, then replaced them. "Still haven't figured that one out."

"All that is required of you is that you try your utmost, fortune will then determine whether that is a success or not. I will say a prayer for your success of course."

Shoan steers them around a selection of stalls selling small yapping animals
"Hmmm, it seems like we might be nearing Unicorn food, or the equivalent."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:32 am 
"I guess," Nozomi muttered. She went ahead and looked around at the meat. "I think this is just 'Unicorn inspired' stuff. It's as authentic as Lion-clan style food when the Crane make it."

She stared forward. "Wait... are they doing that on purpose just to upset us?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:37 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I guess," Nozomi muttered. She went ahead and looked around at the meat. "I think this is just 'Unicorn inspired' stuff. It's as authentic as Lion-clan style food when the Crane make it."

She stared forward. "Wait... are they doing that on purpose just to upset us?"

"...It would be exceptionally petty and probably require more effort than any reasonable payout...so yes, yes I do think they do that on purpose. They have to win at something, I suppose."

Shoan frowns at the closest stall then continues her search, presumably anything truly unicorn would be off the beaten path and out of sight from most respectable samurai...as it should be.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:58 am 
"Exactly." Nozomi tapped her chin. "Do you think Unicorn recipes would be easy to replicate with what we have available at the inn?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:02 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"Exactly." Nozomi tapped her chin. "Do you think Unicorn recipes would be easy to replicate with what we have available at the inn?"

"...Umm, well. What are the key ingredients in Unicorn cuisine?"
Shoan counts on her fingers as she walks

"Red meat, spices, oils and some of those dried fruits that taste sweet. I think we could probably do some of those at the inn? It might be risky though, like if we had to cook Crane food without any fish or smugness on hand."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:52 am 
"I think I'd have to look up a recipe." Nozomi tapped her chin. "I would hope I'd have the requisite traits for the Unicorn. If not, then it'd be as good as me marrying a Crane."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:56 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
"I think I'd have to look up a recipe." Nozomi tapped her chin. "I would hope I'd have the requisite traits for the Unicorn. If not, then it'd be as good as me marrying a Crane."

"A Crane? Oh fortunes no."
Shoan knows full well Nozomi's suspicion of all things Crane and Crane thigh related.

"You think you'd make a good Unicorn? Surely the hope would be that Utaku-san might make a good lion?"
Slightly uncomfortable
"It's not my place Kitsu-san, but....shugenja of your family are very important."
She frowns slightly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm 
"Oh no, I was implying that I wanted to make her more comfortable." Nozomi also frowned. "That being said, I have considered that. Perhaps it's best that I do all in my power to stay within the clan.

"Or maybe I'm considered expendable in that way."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next