It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [D5 LE] Gilded Mask
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:43 am 
Soon after Saneyuki returned, carrying a small tray in his hands, the scent of hot tea filling the room. "Sorry it took so long. Something came up." he did not, however, explain what had come up. He laid the tray on the table, sitting down cross legged himself, reaching for the pot. "Would you tell me a little about yourself?" Saneyuki asked Hoshiko, pouring her a cup and handing it to her. "Your sister told me that you are close?" He would then pour an another cup, handing it to Moriko with a smile on his lips. "Thank you for bringing your sister today."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:52 am 
Moriko forged a smile, accepting the tea, but remaining uncharacteristically quiet.

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:15 am 
"As twins, we've always been very close." she nodded. "We have different interests and pursuits, though. She's a natural with animals and with exploring the wilds. I'm a shugenja who has always dreamt of the stars."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:42 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"As twins, we've always been very close." she nodded. "We have different interests and pursuits, though. She's a natural with animals and with exploring the wilds. I'm a shugenja who has always dreamt of the stars."

"Ha." Saneyuki nodded, turning to Hoshiko. "You went to the dojo in the city?" he asked her, an eyebrow rising ever so slightly. "Was Asako Adachi-sensei still there?" While he spoke, the young man pouring a cup for himself, steam raising from the hot liquid. Much like most people, Saneyuki had jumped to a conclusion that seemed all too obvious.

"And have you heard of us before?"

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:57 am 
"Hai, but my training was with the Osprey." she nodded. "I've heard some stories, but no real details."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:45 pm 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"Hai, but my training was with the Osprey." she nodded. "I've heard some stories, but no real details."

"Does Shiba-san mediate, then?" he asked Hoshiko. "And would Shiba-san be interested in advancing her spiritual well-being? Here at Shinri we believe that everyone can lead a better life if they put their minds to it." The young priest was smiling. "One merely has to pay respects to the Fortunes and empty one's mind of the worldly worries."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:16 pm 
"I would certainly like to learn more about the shrine." she answered. "And, what is practiced here."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:42 pm 
"As you might have figured out, we serve the Gilded King of the Woods. He is the spirit of this land." Saneyuki tapped the ground with his palm. "He nourishes us and shows us the way as long as we pay him the respect he is due. I guess you could say that he is the spirit of this planet? That might not be entirely true, as there are other entities like him, old as the world itself. Now, it is the Gilded King who rules him and it is him we venerate."

Sipping from his cup, the young man continued. "We believe that too many distractions are bad for the soul. Too much anything is bad, really. Our minds are only truly clear when we don't think. In the city, with the flashing lights, with food and pleasures offered to us, we get lost. That is why we live here, humbly. To free our minds. That is why we worship Gilded King by marching through the woods and reading mantras as we do so, that is why we meditate under a waterfall. We seek to find the true, lasting peace so that our souls might live more virtuous lives."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:02 pm 
Moriko sipped her tea, nodding slightly. She'd never had any real interest in the lights and sounds of modernity, she didn't even own a densai, the chattering of her brain was usually more than enough to keep her entertained, and the fungal forests filled with more than enough beautiful—albeit dangerous—diversions to dazzle her.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:15 pm 
She nodded. "That is an interesting philosophy. What are your feelings of those who embrace technology?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:30 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
She nodded. "That is an interesting philosophy. What are your feelings of those who embrace technology?"

"I guess that would depend what one means by embracing? We are not opposed to someone getting modern care if they are hurt. We even have few vehicles and computers of our own. It is not so much technology we are opposed to, but how people often use it to escape the real questions."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm 
"It's technology that brings us the abundance of distractions you mentioned." she shrugged. "Technology brought us here to Asakaze and keeps us connected to the rest of our clan and the Empire. The advancements that made that possible also expanded our ability to express ourselves in art and recreation. You're right, that certainly can be indulged in excess. A balance is necessary."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:56 pm 
"How much one needs to stay connected?" Saneyuki asked, tilting his head to the side. "How much one can talk to others before losing themselves?" He added, tilting his head to the other direction. "The works of the forge-priests and the artists have their uses - but as Shiba-san says, too much and one might be lost. We believe that is harmful for the soul - and what is harmful for the soul is a hurdle between us an yomi. And so we are here, so that we could not dull our minds. So that we could see what is important."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 pm 
"Too much of anything may be harmful, including seclusion." she said. "A single voice may be drowned out in a multitude, but connecting with a few within that multitude and sharing perspectives and philosophies may bring greater understanding."

"Is that why you are participating in the miai, to find a connection beyond Asakaze?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:30 pm 
"Well yes, but we are hardly secluded here, neh." There was a constant murmur of voices, the members of the sect living at the shrine going about their daily lives. "And while what Shiba-san says has merit, we have the Tao and the scriptures to guide us. After all, the Brotherhood follows the voice of Shinsei and no-one would call them lost, neh?" he asked in return.

"Ah, the elders decided that I should seek marriage." Saneyuki smiled shyly, glancing at Moriko. "The priests here have traditionally married. Learning to live alongside someone is quite an exercise in harmony, they say."

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm 
Moriko caught the glance and blushed slightly, her mind had been dwelling elsewhere as her sister had conversed with the priest. "Asako-sama, I imagine the miai has brought in more visitors than the temple is accustomed to seeing?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 pm 
"I wouldn't call you lost either. Everyone has their own path. I am just hoping to better understand yours." She glanced at her sister as well. "I hope you find a harmonious and fulfilling match, Asako-sama."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:59 am 
Shiba Moriko wrote:
Moriko caught the glance and blushed slightly, her mind had been dwelling elsewhere as her sister had conversed with the priest. "Asako-sama, I imagine the miai has brought in more visitors than the temple is accustomed to seeing?"

"That would be the case, yes." Saneyuki offered Moriko a gentle smile. "Quite a few people are asking big questions. The monks say they have talked with more people lately. Me too, really. When things change and shift, people seem to seek security. We try to provide that."

Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"I wouldn't call you lost either. Everyone has their own path. I am just hoping to better understand yours." She glanced at her sister as well. "I hope you find a harmonious and fulfilling match, Asako-sama."

"Oh no, we are hardly lost. The Gilded King teaches us to focus on ourselves. Our path is clear and well lit by his lantern." the young priest chuckled. "He lights the way so that the devout would not need to be lost. So that we all could see what is truly important."

"And thank you. I am under the impression that it is not so much the person you are matched with, but the work you do together." Saneyuki suggested. "Not that anyone will do, but that merely wanting someone is not enough. That one has to work for a deeper connection." He would glance at Moriko again, faint red lingering on his cheeks.

Run by GM Tassu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:33 am 
"Big questions?" there was an uneasy sensation in the pit of Moriko's stomach, feeling torn. She had her own questions, her own concerns, but she also trusted the priest. "Asako-sama, you said your parents were," she tried to find the word, "matched by the sect? were you born here? have you always been part of the sect?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 pm 
"Ah yes, that would be the case." Saneyuki replied as if this did not bother him at all. "I mean, I am fairly sure I was born in the city, but I was raised and schooled here." he added.

Run by GM Tassu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next