It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Day 6, LA - Checking Things Out (open)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:41 am 
Tenma didn't mind that; It was warm, and simple, and she liked it.

"Thank you very much, monk-san."

She gave a small bow before taking another sip.

"It really does some good after a long ride. Apologies for being a burden like this. Were you busy before I arrived at all?"

Tenma didn't want to pry to much, but it seemed like an innocent enough question.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:46 am 

Isawa Tsugumi shook her head and spoke softly, "I'm hardly a monk, merely a miko and caretaker of the shrine. The elders here are more worthy of that title, although they often spend their time in meditation than receive visitors. Please enjoy as much as you would like," she said with a small bow.

"I've been merely tending to the field before your arrival, Bayushi-san. We don't often see others here but there have been more visitors as of late, including some Phoenix local to Shiro Yaoke and a few samurai from the Minor Clans."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm 
"Apologies. Miko-san then. And as far as that goes... would you prefer to have more visitors then? I know some temples and such are more secluded than others in their removal from the concerns of worldly things."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 pm 

"I wouldn't say that we prefer one or the other when it comes to visitors. We don't openly invite others but our doors are always open. It is much like they say with Enlightenment. It is one matter to be shown the path and another to walk it. I imagined that all visitors who found themselves here have a purpose, perhaps gifted by the fates or even by the revered Fortune who watches these woods," she said with a gesture to the statue in the middle of the room.

"Bayushi-san, do you think you've found yourself here for a reason?" she turned her attention fully to Tenma, looking for her answer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:55 am 
The Scorpion seemed to think on that a bit, taking a sip of the watered down tea thoughtfully as she leaned against the wall.

"...honestly, if I had to say any one thing, it would be some sort of drive to find myself. If that makes any sense. I have always been a very focused and driven person, but now that I'm far away from the things that drive me... It's like being in a typhoon and suddenly you're in the eye of the storm and everything is calm and clear for a moment, and you can take stock of things. For me, I feel like I've never been out of the storm before. And even in the big city, at the Shiro and such, it felt like I could still see the storm."

Tenma motioned with one hand to the temple around her, "Out here? I don't feel like I'm in a different universe entirely, and it feels kind of like there's nothing left of me but the Void and questions."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:50 am 

The miko smiled softly. "Or, it could be that you've just found yourself in the eye of the storm when you've stepped foot here. Some of the rare visitors we get from the Shiro feel the same way too, they are free from responsibility and weight when they are in the temple. Their attention is taken away from their burdens and they look toward themselves, inwards. They say that sometimes self-improvement cannot start until you stop looking to better your attachments."

She moved to refill her tea. "I imagine that Bayushi-san has a lot of duties and responsibilities at home? Do you think you would do better in the storm or when you're a peace and able to take stock of life for what it truly is?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:16 am 
That got an even longer pause than the previous one from the young woman, Tenma picking back up the tea after it was poured and sipping it thoughtfully. She frowned ever so slightly and looked towards outside and the sound of the rain falling still, not answering for a good minute or so.

"Maybe. I am not one to let time pass unattended; I think it a waste. Duty and responsibility need constant upkeep, after all. If one thinks otherwise, than my view is one is simply not looking hard enough for things one can do to improve things. Oneself, one's situation, one's surroundings or the way things are run. But..."

Another sip.

"...perhaps there is placidity that is not laziness, inaction that is not avoidance. It would take much to keep such a thing in hand without giving up one's convictions or purpose though, it would seem to me."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:27 am 

"Of course, there is," Tsugumi said easily enough with a nod, "I suppose you have to ask yourself what you do with that time and whether or not you managed to gain more from being outside the storm. The Dragon are perhaps experts on that topic but I think if you've managed to discover or do something different during that time, that might be even more valuable than repeating what you could do at any other time. How else will you learn?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:23 am 
"Repetition, I suppose. I mean, I learn by doing, but I suppose not everyone does. ,,,are you sure you're only a miko and not a monk? You seem to be wise beyond your years, can't be any older than me, I would think."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:31 am 

Tsugumi had her eyes downcast and she let out a small laugh. "Thank you, Bayushi-san, you're far too kind...but I admit that my words aren't my own. I perhaps only pass wisdom from the elders of the sect and Asako Saneyuki, who is taking part in the miai, actually. Have you had a chance to speak to him yet?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:40 am 
"Asako Saneyuki..."

She thought back to whether that was the Asako she had met on the shuttle, but she couldn't recall.

"If so, that we did not introduce ourselves. I've talked with precious few Phoenix apart from the locals, I will admit. Something out those arriving here from other Clans just seemed more... interesting. Besides, my sensei told me to leave local matters alone while I was here."

Tenma gave a small little nod of emphasis, like she was reciting it.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 am 

"That's acceptable, Bayushi-san. I think we've seen more non-Phoenix visitors as of late than Phoenix visitors too. Sometimes, opportunities dealt in front of us are too much to ignore. We know this all too well here," she nodded in acceptance.

A bell began to sound from above the pagoda and Tsugumi perked up. "Oh, it seems that the evening is approaching, Bayushi-san. I must return to my duties...especially when I've spend so long in self-contemplation already. You are allowed to stay but I must excuse myself. I hope you continue to have a pleasant stay here on Asakaze and consider returning to our humble sanctuary."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:18 am 
Tenma glanced outside, "Looks like the rain is dying down, and I'm warmed up from the tea. You've given me a lot to think about, and the tea and atmosphere has helped with the mindset to think about it. So that said..."

She stood, "I think I'll go clean off my saddle and take a ride. Thank you for the conversation and hospitality."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:17 am 

"You're most welcome, Bayushi-san. Please have a pleasant stay and I hope that you find clarify in your present circumstances. Or, if you've found it, that it remains with you even when you return to the storm. Have a pleasant day," she said softly before bowing deeply once more and then making her way up the pagoda.

/exit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 am 
Tenma watched the miko leave, a momentary thought about how cute she'd been flitting through her mind like a hummingbird before just as quickly leaving; There were other things to think of, and those were much more present; After all, she couldn't marry the miko, and she was here to get married. And her future... well, it seemed maybe there was some thinking to be done about that.

She walked out to her Otori and wiped down it's saddle where it stood under a mushroom, "I know girl, it is a strange place, isn't it? Comeon though, we're going to go get some of that fresh after the rain air to clear my head."

Mounting up, she rode off... to where, she did not know.

/scene

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2