It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: [D0 EA, Station] Making My Way Downtown
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:10 pm 
Ryo looked over the two Asako twins for a moment. He could have sworn he had seen them around, the rural people. Then again, a colony wasn't exactly fully urban either. There was a pause as he shifted the bag in his shoulder, perhaps to cover up some groan under his breath. "...I can't say that I've ever liked it when one flies closely to my face. It's a bit unsettling but whatever...probably someone out there thinks they are cute."

He gave a hapless shrug.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:26 pm 
Nozomi, for her part, kept her mouth shut. But it was clear that she had interest in this debate over the cuteness of dogs and rodents.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:46 pm 
He turned slightly and noticed the Kitsu, the other visitor they managed to rope in. Still, he expected a large crowd. Maybe his overshot his expectations or this was the calm before the storm? He presented a bow finally to everyone. "Good afternoon, this one is Asako Ryo of Shiro Yaoke. I hope you have a pleasant time during your stay here. My father, the governor, has far and beyond to host your stay with us."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:47 pm 
Shiba Moriko wrote:
Moriko gasped in fake horror, "are you saying rodents aren't cute, Asako-san?"

Asako Ryo wrote:
"...I can't say that I've ever liked it when one flies closely to my face. It's a bit unsettling but whatever...probably someone out there thinks they are cute."

"Well, it seems there is some disagreement on whether screamers are cute," Akagi observed. "I can't really judge, having never seen one myself."

The Scorpion noticed the Kitsu's obvious interest and turned to her. "Excuse me, miss," he said. "Perhaps you could settle an argument? Do you have any thoughts on the relative 'cuteness' of Asakazese screamers?"

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:05 pm 
"Just because you don't find them cute," Moriko muttered in a hurt voice, sniffing and petulantly straightening her obi-belt.

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:13 pm 
Ryo's brows couldn't help but raise his brows at that, even if it seemed Moriko wasn't entirely serious about it. It was probably bad enough he had to argue with his sister about it, he was not going to start this debate with another Phoenix. He looked off for a moment, restraining a groan, and crossed his arms as he straightened his posture. "Yeah, that's probably it. But I'll be sure to send them over your way, Shiba-san."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:36 pm 
"Everyone has different preferences and views of what's cute." Hoshiko shrugged. "Father would likely agree with Asako-san, while mother would not. I imagine each of us will be judging cuteness several times in the coming days."

She knelt down to scratch around Ren's ears.

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:15 pm 
The Kitsu looked around a bit nervously and then shrugged. "Well when you use the word 'screamer,' they become less appealing," she admitted.

Her eyes went to the governor's son. She blinked and then offered another bow, as much as one could while strapped into a seat. "Ah. It is good to meet you and I thank you and your family for their courtesy. I am Kitsu Nozomi, priestess of the Lion."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:26 pm 
Moriko giggled, she had grown up on Asakaze, and the sound of screamers in the night was just part of the landscape, even if their high-pitched cries were less than pleasant. Still, the Kitsu had a point, the fuzzy creatures were much cuter when seen and not heard.

GEAR: Sidearm, Webgun, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Sundries.
Accompanied by Ten, a shiba inu.

She floats so soft inside his web...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm 
"Your pups are pretty cute, screamers..." He showed a faint grimace as he didn't want to shudder in front of the guests.

He looked over to the Lion, "Pleased to meet you, Kitsu-san. I'm sure you'll be able to make your opinions when you're properly settled with us. There's probably a reason they chose to call the screamers and not cuddlers. I guess I'll be over at the fields more often in the next few days and I'm likely to get real familiar with them," he said as he placed a hand on the bat that was jutting out of his front pouch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:00 am 
"Do you run into a lot of dangerous wildlife in the fields, Asako-san?" Akagi asked conversationally, as Ryo placed a hand on his bat. "You must be very dutiful, to conduct your own field-work."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:29 am 
Ryo gave a dismissive shake of his head at the question. "Not quite the same field we're thinking about, Bayushi-san. I mostly mean the perimeter and the farmlands as my field. You don't exactly get much there, except for the smaller and supposedly harmless critters who are able to make it over the wall from time to time. Wildlife is mostly my sister's realm of expertise. She's the one who goes out and catalogues everything. However, I know a bit. You have to if you're going to be hanging out in the outskirts."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:36 am 
"Ahh, I see," Akagi said, nodding. "Well, in any case I must thank you for the warm welcome, Asako-san. It's my hope to call on your father sometime, as well, to pay my respects. Could I possibly inquire as to what the right protocol for that would be?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 am 
"Eh, it was no problem, Bayushi-san," he said rather cooly, especially when he was just loitering around to do some people watching. "I'll be sure to make mention of your interests in a meeting. He's bound to be far busier than usual. It's probably best that you leave a note with his office with purpose and intention. Last time I checked, he had his schedule filled with media and developers."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3