It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 5:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Catching Sunrise Shuttle (Day 0, Late Morning)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:19 pm 
"Less so paperwork. Lot of time training, making sure whatever weapon I'm assigned for a given op is working correctly. And then a lot of time in the field waiting. If Ops has a specific target in mind, sometimes you sit in the field for days just waiting for them to reach an expected rendezvous point. I'd say for every shot fired, I spend about one hundred hours doing something that isn't firing my weapon."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:24 pm 
"I suppose some things just neveh change regardless of what duties you are assigned." She nodded, her smile grew a bit, "But tents...I do not think I would much like having to sleep undeh a bit of fabric. Of course I have not tried it so...I suppose it is a mystery."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 pm 
"It ain't so bad when you have the luxury of having one."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:30 pm 
Ishiyo blinked at that, confusion on her face, "You mean...you slept without even a tent?" She sat there in silence for a moment, imagining her silk pajamas all covered in mud and rained on. Stuck there shivering with insects and other creepy crawlies just crawling all around. "Yes. Yes, I think I prefeh the carrieh barracks myself."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:34 pm 
"Tents are too obvious," she shrugged. "Could tip off our position to the enemy." The explanation done, she nodded. "Barracks life is certainly more comfortable. The time out in the muck makes you appreciate your downtime that much more."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:37 pm 
"I do recommend at least a blanket, if not a tarp, on the floor. Should anyone go camping on Asakaze that is." He scrolls through some information. "Spores can get everywhere. Though I don't really recommend it at all. If you end up camping in a Megadon's path... Well, it'd be an ignoble end that it wouldn't notice."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:44 pm 
"I suppose it could be said my barracks moves with me." Ishiyo having banished thoughts of cold, wet, miserable camping, was back to her more chipper self. "But it is a bit more cramped then a normal time in barracks. Even us pilots were crowded into a small room. Space is a premium on a carrieh, and I was on one built for speed and long legs. So even more space was given oveh to supplies."

Ishiyo blinked at the Asako's response, "Oh...my I was not really planning on camping. Perhaps I might rent an ornithopter to see it from the ai-eh at some point."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 pm 
"My barracks just changes a lot," she smirked a bit. "Living on a ship full time must be rough."

She looked to the Asako, then shook her head. "I've no plans to camp either. Putting onesself in unnecessary danger is a dereliction of one's duty."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:59 pm 
"Oh no...I enjoyed it immensely," Ishiyo's voice took on that wistful quality again, "Pa-P....I mean my fatheh says I should have been born on a ship, I love being out there in space. All the more when at the controls of my fighteh. Fully enclosed in an armoehed shell but the outside is projected around you, its almost as if one was floating among the stahs."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:54 pm 
"Huh." Chiyoko considered that. "I've not much seen space like that. Most of my experience in ships is more akin to this than any sorta fighter stuff. Lion ships are not exactly built for comfort, after all." She smirked a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:09 am 
"Oh I can imagine troopships are fah more cramped then my own accommodations. But I would assume you-eh pilots have betteh barracks then yourself. The troopship is just to move you-eh ferocious skills from one battlefield to the next afteh all." Ishiyo let go of her chin and crossed her arms, looking up in thought and rather happy to be remembering, "I spent the the whole yeah on the carrieh or in a fighteh."

She looks back down and her expression turns more contemplative, "I have heard some of the army types get a bit uneasy with no sky oveh thei-eh heads. Come to think of it I had to spend a lot of time in small spaces in training before I really learned my wah skills. Probably trying to weed out those without the temperament to be in a box with only a bit of metal between them and sudden painful death fo-eh long periods."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:11 am 
"Uneasy is not quite the right term. I just enjoy the seeing the space with ground under my feet." She nodded. "Not that I fault you your preferences. The sky's pretty fuckin' beautiful when you can actually stand in it too."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:23 am 
"Oh yes, as much I enjoy the stahs. I was born on Miyabi, I can appreciate the beauty of the planets." She grinned at that, "Watching the sakura blossoms. Pa-p....fatheh has a large orderly grove of them on the family estate. The saplings lineage can be traced back to a similar grove on the homeworld, not to far from my family's ancient seat of poweh."

"Might ask from where Matsu-san hails?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:26 am 
"Matsu Prime," she answered. "Not exactly the most... beautiful of planets. But it has its charms."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:35 am 
"Oh," Ishiyo tapped her chin and leaned back, "But it seems I may be rambling again. I suppose my excitement has managed to get the betteh of me."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:44 am 
"Well, as long as it stays constructive, nothing wrong with passion."

By this point, Tenma was going pullups on one of the ceiling braces. Just so the confines of the flying coffin wouldn't make her get all wonky.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:45 am 
Mal-Chin was back to typing away at his computer. There was some detail he'd just remembered and he wanted to hunt it down.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:11 am 
Michiya, during the conversation, had turned to his densai and began reading something. He stayed quiet for the moment.

Carries: Wakizashi, Sidearm, Communicator, Densai, Portable Informator, Persnal Seal, Holorecorder, Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:48 am 
Embarrassed by the sudden quiet, Ishiyo sits back and sets her densai in her lap. Her eyes go back to the window. "I suppose we should strap ouh selves in, should be departing soon."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:57 am 
"Would anyone like some music for the trip? I've got a some from the Miya Music Network and a good number from the Elemental Muse Network." He looks around. "I should be able to keep it at a level that allows conversation."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next