It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [D0 MN] Taking the Late Night Red Eye
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:19 pm 
Jin relaxed in the uncomfortable seat. It wasn't a new experience exactly, though the chairs were worse to sit without his armor. Still, he could manage for the little time it took to land on Asakaze. His eyes were bleary, but unsurprisingly, the Alliance ship got one of the later time slots with the shuttle to land.

Still, everything was manageable when you were used to dropping into enemy fire, although this was far more boring. And uncomfortable. He idly flipped through his Fantasy Fight deck, he couldn't even recall the last time he could properly review and organize it.

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

Post subject: Re: [D0 MN] Taking the Late Night Red Eye
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:23 pm 
Having already missed three shuttles by being distracted by all the new things around him, Izumi was glad to have actually managed to have climbed aboard this one. Otherwise he might have spent the entire Miai up on the station. Which would have been a terrible thing as his view of the planet from the station had shown a lot of green . . . green meant wilderness, possibly even forest!!!!!! Both meant plants and animals . . . and adventure!!!!!

He was currently bouncing around his seat staring out the window at the planet below them. He was a bit on the small side for the seats restraints and he hadn't really secured them very well. A crash would be very . . . . interesting for him.

This was going to be the bestest Miai ever. He just knew it.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:11 pm 
Jin glanced around with bleary eyes and he saw a child. He'll make a good samurai one day, judging from his build... or already is? He peeked and saw the telltale handle of a wakizashi. Ah. Small samurai then. He nodded, mostly to himself, being at the late night of a day. Or early morning of a day. Whichever.

He looked closer, as the....Fox was luckily sitting next to a window, while he was on the inside. "Ah, greetings Kitsune-san. Traveling to Asakaze on business?" He asked, starting up a conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:23 pm 
Izumi turned quickly, revealing a slightly messy shoulder length mop of bright green hair. It also revealed the full mon and apparent . . . status the Kitsune held. He bobbed what could be charitably be called a bow before speaking.

"Yes . . . well no . . . . wait does the Miai count as business? Ireallydon'tknow, whatdoyouthinkUjina-san?"

Apparently when the bouncing around the seat stopped all the enthusiasm went into the speed of speech.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:26 pm 
"Ah, gomen Kitsune-sama. Miai, eh? You too?" The Ujina seemed unfazed by the motormouth foxeh. "I would say yes, at least on the first day. Who knows though? Maybe Benten-no-kami will bless Kitsune-sama with a good match of the heart as well."

He gave a small nod of enthusiasm. "I am sure an important person like Kitsune-sama will be quite popular with the participants."

He settled in the seat, turning slightly towards the Fox. Better talking than not falling asleep. "Do you like the view?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:38 pm 
Belatedly realising he hadn't actually introduced himself, the small priest/manager/ADVENCHA SEEKING VULPINE quickly righted that.

"Oh . . . I'm KitsuneIzumibytheway. Bentennokamimightbewatchingyesbutwhoknowswhowemightfind."

He had to pause to breath . . . didn't he?

"Theviewisgreat!!!! I'veneverbeenoffInari'sCradlebeforenow. Theplanetherelookssodifferent. Thatgreenygreypatchtheremustbeoneofthefungalforests. Ireallyhopetoseesomeofthosecloseup!!!!"

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:10 pm 
"Ujina Jin, Nikutai of the 101st Drop Trooper Squadron, of the 1st Spaceborne Brigade." He swelled with pride as he introduced himself, the organization well known even outside Hare circles for their exemplary service.

He smirked. "Yes, I certainly look forward to who else was invited to the miai. Perhaps even I can find someone." He seemed wistful for a moment. "Is this your first miai?"

He leaned closer to see the view on from Izumi's window. "It certainly does look lovely. Much lovelier than the last few planets I visited. Fungal forests? Want to check it out sometime." He took a moment to look the small man up and down. "If this is your first time off the planet, let me know if you need any help with anything. I've been on a few deployments already, though a fair bit more hostile."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:19 pm 
Something Jin said derailed the high speed vulpine train . . . Izumi looked . . . thoughtful or possibly constipated . . . most likely thoughtful.

"Can you go to more than one miai?"

Then the excitement of the new and wonderful reinstated itself.

"I'veclimbedeverytreeIcanfindbackhome. WhenI'mnotintheofficethatis. OhyaIworkforKitsuneBiopharmaticalsbytheway!!!!!"

He fished in his clothing before revealing the silver chain with a corporate logo pendant on the end.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:30 pm 
Jin fell deep in thought..

"I...don't know." It seemed that he fell into his own trap. He was silent for a strangely long time while he processed his own query...before shrugging and giving up.

"Oh? Sounds very important. I am sure you do a very good job Kitsune-sama. On the tree climbing as well."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:37 pm 
"Wemakeperfumes."

He was splitting his view, half on the Hare and half through the window at the planet below them.

"Lotofwater. LotmorethanInari'sCradle. Ibetwegetsomegoodweatherdownthere."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:13 pm 
Mumei's corner of the shuttle is redolent of incense and something sweet and earthy. She's somehow managed to fold herself into a crosslegged seat in the hard chairs, using part of the restraints to support the unlikely arrangement.

One eye opens slowly as the Kitsune's rapid patter slips into her somewhat altered perception with the high-pitched warble of a sped up recording. Didn't matter, after talking to every spirit along the way, you learned to pick the words out of everything, like plucking the few bits of actual food out of the sloppy vat-grown stew they serve in the rougher districts.

Her own voice a langorous sprawl across a sofa, "kinda loud in here." The other eye opens, then both track to the delightful rainbow ripple up near the front corner of the compartment, a ripple that probably only shows up when you've been sampling the very interesting sake supposedly brewed with the more interesting fungi from the planet below.

"C'n go to more than one. If you fail to match. But the next one'll be one'a the crummy ones. Full'a all the other sad moppets nobody wanted."

(and then work, so she'll just drop back to sleep, most likely)

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm 
A Kuni was on board the shuttle, it was a likely guess from her distinct face-paint and the blue dress coat she wore. She had probably spent the better part of the trip looking for the escape pods to the shuttle in case anything went wrong. After being ushered away by the crew, she would have to assume there were none...

She strolled out to the passenger area finally. The space looked bare bones, almost military-grade comfort but the smooth ride would almost indicate otherwise. It was probably going as slow as molasses, unfortunately. It felt like she was here forever already.

"Water." She said to the serving drone that rolled up to her.

The drone said nothing and buzzed an automated message indicating her choice of teas.

"Water?" She said questioningly again before bending down and fiddling with the manual dispense buttons.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:46 pm 
The ever inquisitive Kitsune's eyes darted from Osprey to Crab . . . and decided to leave the Osprey in her . . . haze?

The Crab however got addressed.

"HiKuni-san!! ItonlydoesteaI'mafraid. Nowater,Itriedearlier."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:48 pm 
"Ah, perfumes. I see." Something that he never once used. Not really a need for it when dropping into hostile radiant fire.

He glanced back towards the Osprey. "Ah, that does make sense..." As he was speaking, something small stirred and crawled up on his shoulder...then bolted quickly!

"Yube!" The tiny monkey started towards the back...on top of the drone.

"Dammit... Gomen Kuni-san. Yube is not one for sitting in one place for too long."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:02 pm 
Through the Kitsune's rapid fire speech, she caught some semblance of meaning of his words. However, she was undeterred from her attempts. "Thank you, Kitsune-sama but I'm sure these things will dispense water. How hard could it be? It's just tea without water. Let's see..."

She pressed one button, dispensing tea into the cup...then the other, which produced the same result. "Look...Sometimes, you just gotta work with them...like this..." She pressed both at the same time, trying to find a different result.

"HEY! What's a matter with you?! Piece of junk!" She slapped it atop its 'head' like she was disciplining the drone.

"Whoa, hey!" She said as she quickly took a step back upon seeing the monkey. "It gave me a monkey!"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:15 pm 
Izumi might have taken delight in a pet dispensing drone, if he hadn't seen the tiny monkey make a bid for freedom from the Hare.

"Ohmyyouhaveamonkey!!!!"

He dropped out of the seat, without undoing the buckles proving the harness wouldn't have stopped him in any way had they crashed.

"What species are they? Are they friendly? Do they bite?"

Apparently Jin had discovered a second way to derail the High Speed Vulpine Bullet Train of speech.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 pm 
The shuttle also had on it a Matsu. A rather tired and half-asleep Matsu. She had been, in some form or another, traveling all day and it had started to wear on her. She had started to drift off when the Kuni loudly slapped the tea dispenser bot which then proceeded to jolt Hide awake.

Her gaze turned towards the offender in question. “Is everything okay over there?”

She definitely looked like she was tired, she still had on her (dress) military uniform, but she had loosened the tie and unfastened her jacket in attempts to get comfortable. Her eyes were glazed over a bit, her hair not exactly the neatest at the moment.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:23 pm 
Jin sighed and pulled out of the seat in an expert manner. He walked to the drone and extended his hand towards the little monkey. "Ah, Yube is some kind of dwarf monkey. I am not sure of the exact species, my brother might know thought..."

He bowed towards the Kuni, and then towards the Lion. "Gomen Kuni-san, Yube is my pet from home. He is quit excitable and can't sit still for too long. It seems he reached his limit." He waved towards the back with the Lion. "No problem Lion-san, just an errant pet."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:41 pm 
Eriko's gaze looked to the small monkey, then to the Kitsune, before trailing to the Ujina. Right, the monkey came from there. She totally knew that. Straightening from her position, she adjusted the collar of her coat to hide her embarrassment.

"Nothing, sorry about that, Matsu-san. I was trying to negotiate with our server here. If nothing else, I got introduced to this cute critter. I'm Kuni Eriko, by the by." She gave a small bow to everyone in general.

"No problem, Ujina-sama. To be honest, I'd make like Yube too if I've stuck in one of this cans for too long. So long it stays in one piece, I shouldn't complain," she shrugged haplessly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:54 pm 
“Hey, at least the monkey, Yube was it? Is more well-behaved than the kid that sat behind me during my transfer transport.” Hide shuddered at the thought of the four hours of said kid screaming and kicking the back of her seat. Now that she had company, Hide took a moment to tighten her tie as to not look like a total slob. “Matsu Hide. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next