It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: [D0 MN] Taking the Late Night Red Eye
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:00 pm 
Eriko crossed her arms and gave a small shrug at that, faintly amused. "Nakauchi-san, I don't know if you're asking or just worried about safety. I don't think anything is ever really fully safe no matter what you swing at it. I guess there have been supposed tales that you have people who slit their own throat on the World of Dreams or someone tripping and ending up on the other side of an air lock. Animals aren't exactly my prefer transport and they are very onery if you disagree with them. I have enough trouble with some machinery as is," she thumbed to the direction the drone.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Wernope

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:41 pm 
"Hmmm...just asking, mostly. Planning to see some, and hmmm, tailoring expectations seems sensible." Her head tilts to the side, studying the Kuni through a few slow blinks. "Had not put them,...or," she waves vaguely at the drone, "in the same category as tripping through an air lock, though." She skips the bloodier example.

LIfting the tea, she notes, "It really tastes pretty canned, by the way. Might have to catch a different shuttle to rate fresh brewed."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:00 pm 
That last part made Hide grin smugly. “Ah-ha! I was right! I knew these drones were just floating vending machines.”

She then leaned back in her seat, a satisfied look on her face as she regards each person in the shuttle. “We really need to get some drinks at some point.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 pm 
Jin listened idly, his eyes watching as Yube bolted over to the familiar Osprey. "Aye, I mostly feed him some nuts that I brought, it should be enough for him. He doesn't eat much thankfully. Oh, and no tea. He's hyper active already, as you can see."
He glanced back towards the Matsu and the Kuni as the two spoke. "The Otori should be fine, I think. I have a little experience riding creatures, can't be worse than dropping into anti-air fire, I reckon."

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:03 pm 
Matsu Hide wrote:
She then leaned back in her seat, a satisfied look on her face as she regards each person in the shuttle. “We really need to get some drinks at some point.”

Mumei nods slowly. "Bound to be something interesting to drink down there." A slow grin grows. "Mushroom sake and 'tea' made from sporrres."

She listens to Jin and wags a finger at the monkey--who promptly clings to it. "no tea for youuu, little Yuuubei." One hand full of tea, and monkey clinging to the other, she brings the latter up and 'pets' the tiny creature by rubbing it's fuzzy head on her chin, which seems to work well enough. "You didn't take this one with you jumping into that did you?"

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:44 pm 
"ThePhoenixhavedomesticatedtheOtorifromwhatI'vereadofAsakaze. They'retheleastdangerousanimalIthink. Someaquaticandarborealpredatorsthatarefarmoredangerous."

He was back to the rapid fire and eyeing up the drone as if he needed a tea boost . . .

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 pm 
Eriko gave a few slow nods as she half-heartedly agreed with Mumei. "I'm guessing you're talking doing as the locals do for the miai? Do you think they'll have activities prepped for us to keep us wandering too far? A song and dance day? A happy peace circle day the next? What happened to just showing up and getting engaged? Not hassling nobody over the idea, I don't mind staying here for a bit."

She nodded receptively to the idea of going for drinks. "If they have a bar, I don't see why not. Hopefully not one with drones. If I'm going to complain to something, it better at least know that it was in the wrong."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:46 pm 
Oh, Hide was very glad people had accepted her impromptu invitation. It’s always great to make friends at these kinds of things, or so the Matsu assumed. “Great! Should we all exchange comm info so we can plan this out once we get a better idea of the kinds of establishments they got down there?”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:53 pm 
Eriko looked faintly amused, looking Hide over and noticing the very obvious military dress on her. Regardless of the facts in front of her, she still asked her, "Somebody works pretty fast, do you happen to be a courtier or one of those ronin recruiting reps? I didn't think Lion did much of the ronin recruiting thing. Because you asked so nicely, I'll give it to you. Just don't pass it around...it took me a while to finally clear all those Yasuki connections. You take a free subscription for a month and they will hound you forever..."

She casually reached behind her, her cost shifted to reveal the leg holster she wore, and she pulled out her communicator so that she could link Hide her contact in close proximity.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 pm 
The Matsu sat up straight with a very confused expression: brows knitted, lop-sided frown formed along her lips. “Courtier? Recruiter? What are you talki— OH! Uhhh...”

A slightly embarrassed Matsu is a rare sight, and that was what the rest of the shuttle got to see. “I didn’t mean it to be something like that. I’m sorry if that came on strong that way. I just wanted to set up a friendly meeting, maybe check on if any of had someone catch your eye or something like that... But mostly just have drinks and have a nice night, y’know?” She fished out her communicator while she was rambling slightly and held it close proximity to the Kuni’s.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:45 pm 
Eriko held up her communicator for the exchange at first and then quickly pulled it out of transfer reach. She tilted her head at Hide inquisitively. "Check if anyone catches my eye? Do you mean from a standpoint that I think they might be trouble or that they are up to no good? Are you planning some sort of safety net around here? Are you sure you're not some sort of recruiter?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:59 pm 
“Safety net? What? Well, I mean if someone was starting problems or something it would be nice to tell others so they know... But then again, pretty sure the hosts would toss out people that were too dangerous.” Hide pondered on the implications of one Clan sending a deranged individual to a miai. “But, no, we are at a miai. I meant a marriage prospect that catches your eye. I wouldn’t mind helping a friendly acquaintance by putting a good word in for them.”

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:43 am 
Eriko gave slow nod at Hide when they were table to understand the safety net idea at least. "Yeah, something like that. I don't doubt that we'll be plenty safe there. It's not like they have planet wide earthquakes and active volcanos...I'm just wondering why you're so eager on getting chummy, that's all."

"Okay, then," she said finally in agreement as she fully offers her communicator. "I take it that Matsu-san has her ear on the ground and hands in everyone's pockets if she able to put in a friendly word with just anyone."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:50 am 
At mention of active volcanoes, Izumi grabbed his densai, which was covered in stickers of cartoon foxes, and started reading a page he had bookmarked.

"NovolcanoesthatIcansee, buttheyminefirestoneextensivelyhere."

He looked up.

"Sometimesthatcausesextensiveseismicactivity."

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:50 am 
Kuni Eriko wrote:
Eriko gave a few slow nods as she half-heartedly agreed with Mumei. "I'm guessing you're talking doing as the locals do for the miai? Do you think they'll have activities prepped for us to keep us wandering too far?

"Allllmost certainly," Mumei says, beginning to swoop her finger around in slow figure eights for a monkey amusement park ride. "If they wanted to just look at our files and pair everyone up, our clans wouldn't be spending for the transport fees. Gotta justify that with a few things they can say wouldn't be seen in the files...like how well we can race on Otori." her eyes seem clearer for a moment as she grins at that thought.

At the Matsu's suggestion, she pauses Yubei by a restraint strap and clucks at him. "Mumei needs her hands back, kiddo." After some encouragement, the monkey now has a whole seat to climb around on as the Osprey bends in half over her crossed legs to rummage under the seat. Popping up with a battered communicator--skinned with a faded landscape image that's half covered with peeling stickers--she flips it open and blinks slowly for several breaths as it flashes a stream of notifications. Almost all of them useless, the result of sharing her link pretty much everywhere.

She scrolls, pokes, scrolls, looks up. "Should be broadcast now, whoever wants it. I'll talk to anyone, but you might want something catchy in the subject, I skip a lot of junk messages. Sometimes miss the useful ones."

Description

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:56 am 
There was a loud chime from Izumi's densai. Nothing to do with Mumei's communicator details broadcast but the familiar chime announcing to Izumi there was an active Fantasy Fight player nearby. He looked at the other samurai trying to guess which one it was . . .

Rainbow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:03 am 
Hide blinked ever so slowly at the Kuni’s suggestion. “No...? I just, I dunno, like to relax and chat with people over drinks? A lot of suggestions can be made in casual discussion, y’know? About the most I can do, but that at least doors can be opened that way.”

The Matsu quickly accepted the Osprey’s contact info, glancing over towards her comm every now and then. At least she had a couple of contacts to hang out with later. Maybe it was worth it to be delayed twice on her way here?

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:53 am 
Eriko was more than happy to snatch up whatever contacts that were offered to her in the immediate space and she offered hers in return. "Yeah, sure, you all seem like swell people at the moment. It's not like we won't be in the same place too. Not a whole lot of places to hide from people anyway. As Matsu-san here said, drinks and meetings makes things go round. We're bound to get cozy sooner or later."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:10 am 
Jin moved back towards his pack, pulling out his communicator, his Fantasy Fight cards slipping all over the floor.

"Damn it."

He made some changes on his communicator. "On broadcast now, I'm up for drinks. I'm sure we'll be busy with whatever dates we have set up but some obligation free socializing can't hurt anyone."

He eyed Yube, who was now under restraints, sort of. Thankfully.

"Anybody have any idea how this should go? I'll be honest, engagement and marriage have not bee high hon my priority list lately."

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:28 am 
As everyone seemed to be passing communicator codes around, Izumi pulled out his . . . which was shaped like a fox head . . . with the pointy ears sticking out. It immediately 'yipped' that it had picked up the other codes being broadcast and with a few buttons pushed the ears lit up and flashed as he passed his own code out.

Rainbow
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next