It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: A rough day ends in a rough ride (EE, D0)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:42 pm 
It had been a long day for Kuchiki Tsugiharu. He'd been 'randomly' selected for an enhanced security screening, and had spent hours chatting with the Phoenix security force. No he didn't have any fruit. No he wasn't carrying items of cultural contamination. Sure, he'd love to hold on to that piece of jade while he answered more questions, and then answered all those questions again.

It was almost a relief when he'd finally won through. Almost. Now he got to take a military entry vehicle to a hostile world. Well, they weren't xenos, but he highly doubted the Phoenix were planning on holding him a parade. Just another squad of Spider sent out to probable death with an impossible goal. Typically really.

He sank into his seat, and once his items were secure he pulled out his densai to play some Fortune's Fight to kill some time.

Last edited by Kuchiki Tsugiharu on Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Honorless Dog Status 1.0 CP: 3

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

"Illuminate a brighter future for the Spider Clan"

Theme Song

Post subject: Re: (EE, D0) A rough day ends in a rough ride
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 pm 
Same procedure with the Mantis girl. They asked if she had any things that might be contraband. Typical for the Mantis to be branded as bandits and pirates. Anyways after a long survey and interrogation they allowed to board the shuttle to the planet.

Hopefully there weren't any one around that would just push her to her limit. She looked at her appointed seat. She took out a book to read.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 pm 
Tsugiharu looked up at the noise of someone settling in to the shuttle near him drew his attention. Normally, he wasn't one to engage in talks on a shuttle. However, he'd been very forcefully instructed that he was expected to interact with people at the miai, and that Crane and Mantis were to be top priority. The matchmaker wasn't going to be impressed with his score at Fantasy Fight, but making contact with a Mantis might buy him a little respite.

First glance revealed no obvious defects, so he sought more information.

"Good evening, Mantis-san. Might I ask what you've brought with you to read on what promises to be an exceptionally rough ride to a rough planet?" he asked with a seated bow.

Gear: Robes, Densai, Fantasy Fight Deck: Jurojin's Journey, sidearm, wakizashi, communicator, Hyper Dance Star Pin (1/8), Shirakawa Nagareboshi (TM) shades

Theme Song

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:35 pm 
She looked at who was talking to her and returned
the seated bow with another seated bow. She looked at her book. "Ano, a silly book called War of the Nexus." She looked back at the Spider. "Even if the ride is rough one can use the time to have a bit of fun, neh?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:40 pm 
Tsugiharu nodded, tipping his densai to show the currently running game of Fantasy Fight.

"Indeed or learn something new." he said. "I am Kuchiki Tsugiharu, originally from The Hive."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:08 am 
"Sadly, I can't play many games, so I read." She smiled. "I am Moshi Atena, I am coming from Starnest." She nodded. "Honor to meet you Kuchiki san."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:12 am 
Tsugiharu tilts his head a bit.

"Hm, Starnest you say? I'm afraid that Mantis geography is not my strongest skill. Would you be willing to tell me more about your homeworld, Moshi-san?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:38 am 
"Not much to tell. Dead frozen planet where we live in domes." She shrugged. "What about you? The Hive sounds like there are many people there."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 am 
"Starnest sounds like a typical Spider holding." he says. "Not every clan gets the fertile paradises after all, and never the Spider."

He gets comfortable in his seat.

"Indeed, the Hive is home to a great many undercities. Although, it's somewhat of a misnomer to refer to it as a planet. It is one of the largest space stations ever constructed, forged from a a giant hollowed out asteroid orbiting a gas giant. Yet, it is completely self-sufficient, truly a monument to Kuchiki engineering. And really, a fair example of Spider mentality, 'if you're not given what you need, forge it with your own two hands.'"

He looked back to the Moshi.

"So would I be correct in assuming from your tone that you hope your results at the miai will not see you heading back to Starnest?" he inquired.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:06 am 
"Correct... I may go to New Kalani but I don't know where the space currents may take me. Maybe to the Spider and straighten the bonds and maybe be a part research... and make research of my own." The girl nodded.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 am 
That answer perked up the Spider.

"Oh really? I'm currently serving as a medical researcher for the military. Of course, there's any number of fields of research for a sharp mind from Archaeology to Zoology. What kind of research interests you, Moshi-san?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:27 am 
"Medical... but I have no idea how to start. Psychology calls my attention and neurology as well." She looked at her book. "May be not I really don't know." She sighed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:38 am 
"But you've already started, Moshi-san. You've decided upon a goal. Now you simply have to overcome the obstacles that lay between you and it." he offered.

He thought about it for a moment.

"I have studied those topics as part of my medical training. While I don't have my research library on me, given that we're heading to a Phoenix world, I would expect there to be at least one library. I would be happy to help you find some introductory texts to start your jouney on if you'd like. Although, I am curious, what about those fields interest you in particular?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:50 am 
She looked at the man and smiled. "To be a good communications expert one must know how people behave and how one minds work." She started drawing in the air, lines and circles. "How connections between the brain and the social personification of one is. What happens when you alter those connections? Will one be the same person?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:10 am 
The Spider nods.

"It's a good question. Your eight year old self and yourself now certainly have different opinions on things, I'm sure, based on your experiences and connections since then. It's an especially interesting question to consider when your throw reincarnation into the mix. After all, your soul has likely experienced many lifetimes, and yet you have no access to the memories of those past lives. Is it only your memories that define you as 'you' or is there some innate quality deeper than even that, even if it cannot be accessed?"

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:21 am 
"What if one could access one of those past lives Kuchiki san? There is few people that claim to hear the voices of their ancestors. What about those who are traditionalist and despise technology are they connected to their past self?" She placed her finger on her chin thinking. "So many questions that have to do with the mind and ancestry. Many arise with time." The girl shrugged. "Probably never to be answered, neh?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:38 am 
He shrugged.

"Why not? Our distant ancestors thought the furthest anyone would ever travel was a horse ride to an ancient capital on one planet. It may have taken thousands of years and billions of lives, and yet here we are today journeying to a distant planet like it was simply another matter of duty."

He snagged a weak tea from the service droid.

"We advance society as far as we can, and have children who take up our cause when we can no longer walk the path. Certain answers may be a mountaintop that we ourselves cannot reach, or even our children can reach, but as long as society keeps marching forward, someday someone will make it."

He sips his tea.

"Today you think about reading books on the topic of psychology. Perhaps a child of the future will think about reading a book on psychology by you."

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:01 am 
"That would be nice... but might have two authors for Komori san would like to put in some input... or destroy the whole thing." She took the watery tea and frowned. "She hates it... the psychology thing... I should get into a compromise with her at some point... for now I'll stick to reading and learning more about it. Thank you Kuchiki san, now I have a direction and some focus."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:19 am 
The Spider nodded.

"Of course, Moshi-san. A miai is to learn more about the people you might partner with, but that does not mean you cannot learn more about yourself, no?"

He sipped his tea.

"But who is Komori-san?" he asked.

Theme Song

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:26 am 
"A fellow shugenja... I don't want to talk about her now. Best to enjoy this nice quiet time and conversation." She sipped the tea and frowned. "Maybe I find someone who understands me... or at least can keep up with my quirks." The Moshi chuckled.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next