It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Beats and Tunes and Lovers [Pre-game, LE Shuttle]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:09 pm 
Sat, no one yet beside her or opposite her, Ichika was dutiful in being fully prepped and ready for this shuttle. One of the first on she'd had some time to think while she sat down in the cold, hard metal seat that was ever so uncomfortable. Staring off to the spot which would have been perfect for a view-port but was merely a hard sheet of metal for more practical concerns. Ichika glanced back in toward the shuttle and thought, watching the others file on, see to their things and find seats.

Dressed well, she was clearly not like all these others. At least, not most of them from the other's that were boarded. Dressed in her blue kimono, floral print, she was more apt for the courts. Yet, most of those here seemed Bushi, she'd think it was a mistake coming if her mother hadn't told her this was her chance. Settling herself back against the chair she leaned her head back, finding little comfort.

Inspiration struck, in this fleeting moment, and she spoke quietly to herself,

"Steel box, cramped strangers
All careful, primmed, inured
No beginning, just...
"

Ichika sighed, resting her right cheek into her right palm supported by her right elbow rested firmly on the arm of the chair. Looking back toward the metal wall where the view-port could have been.

Post subject: Re: Beats and Tunes and Lovers [Pre-game, LE Shuttle]
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:48 am 
Another Crane walked on wearing a more bold and stylish outfit. Fusako ignored the stares, for she was used to them. The only good place to sit was surely by another Crane, so she took a seat across from Ichika.

Last edited by Asahina Fusako on Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration
Profile (plus info for corporate ties)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:32 am 
The shuttle door was filled for a moment by the broad shoulders of one Moto Ganbold. His head swiveled quickly to take in the occupants of the shuttle--whoa, what is she wearing?--, and, apparently deciding that they were probably not going to offer resistance, he stepped in and plopped down rather unceremoniously into a seat.

At least the shuttle's familiar, he thought, enjoying the friendly discomfort of the seats, so very much like the thousands of military shuttles he's ridden in his line of work. "So, um...good evening..." white hair...Spiders?! NO, no, Cranes. Yeah, definitely Cranes. "...Crane-samas."

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:52 am 
Dressed in rather plain garbs for her appearance, Susumu Shirokiku shyly made her way into the seating area, slipping in the automated shadow left by the Unicorn before the doors reclosed behind him.

After the Moto took his seat, the plainly dressed Spider bowed towards the group before taking a seat.

"G-good evening, Minna-sama." She wasn't sure of the status of any of the gathered, and as such referred to them as superiors. She sat within the general vicinity of the group, but there was space for others who wished to join them.

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:02 am 
Stepping onto the shuttle, Yul glanced around... and then took off his aviators, tucking them into the pocket of his leather jacket. Possibly synthetic leather. It was really hard to tell.

He glanced around the somewhat rough interior, wincing, the wince fading to a surprised look as he spotted a fellow Unicorn. "Hey, Moto-san!" He waved. And then, glancing around, he bowed to the others. "Good evening." Yul said politely, although he dared a smile at each other occupant.

Doji Ichika wrote:
"Steel box, cramped strangers
All careful, primmed, inured
No beginning, just...
".

Even quietly spoken, the cadences of poetry drew the ear. Yul sat down in the seat adjacent to the one-eyed Crane woman. "What, does it really end there?" He asked softly, flashing her a quick friendly smile.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:12 am 
First the other Crane entered her view as she sat, passing a glance her way but little more. Didn't seem like the woman was one to interrupt but she was still a little curious. Whatever might have come of that, however, that silent thought left when the Moto appeared. With a half-smile she watched him sit and replied, "Greetings, Samurai-sama," she said with a bow of her head.

Each of the next received a quick note of the same kind, a nice polite bow and an uncertain but joyful greeting. When Yul spoke to her directly though, about what she'd said, she turned a light shade of red, "O-oh, uuuh , yes. Unfortunately. Sorry," she said, bringing up a hand and waving it slightly, "I didn't think anyone would hear me. Did.. does it sound off?"

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:17 am 
Ganbold waves back cheerily to the Shinjo, but shuffles a little uncomfortably as the Susumu comes in. He just wasn't ready for someone to be walking so closely in his footsteps.

"Hey." He said, by way of greeting, along with a nod of respect. "Nice night for it, I guess. Down in the atmo."

FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:58 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Each of the next received a quick note of the same kind, a nice polite bow and an uncertain but joyful greeting. When Yul spoke to her directly though, about what she'd said, she turned a light shade of red, "O-oh, uuuh , yes. Unfortunately. Sorry," she said, bringing up a hand and waving it slightly, "I didn't think anyone would hear me. Did.. does it sound off?"

Yul's smile grew, just a little. "I wouldn't say off. It sounded nice. It's just that when you end on 'just', it sounds like there's a follow-up." His eyebrows went up, almost cheerfully. "Or maybe it's obvious, and I'm the one who's missing it?"

Moto Ganbold wrote:
Ganbold waves back cheerily to the Shinjo, but shuffles a little uncomfortably as the Susumu comes in. He just wasn't ready for someone to be walking so closely in his footsteps.

"Hey." He said, by way of greeting, along with a nod of respect. "Nice night for it, I guess. Down in the atmo."

"As good a night as any." Yul agreed, cheerfully enough.

He looked back and forth between the Unicorn and the Crane. "Shinjo Yul. Nice to meet you." He said, pitching his voice loudly enough for the rest of the shuttle to catch his name too. Leaning a little closer to the Doji, Yul's right hand twitched; then, with a slightly pained smile, Yul gave a seated bow instead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:10 am 
Ichika looked between the two as Yul did, watched Yul when he spoke and occassionally glanced at Ganbald. What caught her eye from all this darting around was the hand twitch, which she focused on for a moment. Ichika furrowed her brow for a moment, looking at the pained-smile and then caught herself quickly, "Yea, that's actually kind of the point," she said, realizing midway how that might sound, even if her tone was a friendly one, and she waved her hand.

"What.. what I mean to say is," she cleared her throat, chuckled shyly, "It's supposed to kind of just leave you thinking, I guess. Based on what's there and what's not," she said, a hand coming up as if to demonstrate.

"Course... not so sure that ones perfect yet, it's a traditional style which I thought I should practice some more. Didn't always write this way back home so.." she glanced between those around her, "but I probably shouldn't go on too much," she bowed her head to everyone as if by way of apology.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:41 am 
"Moto Ganbold, Marine, off the Tsust Nar" the Moto called back, apparently unaware that Yul was trying to carry on a conversation with the Crane. Or perhaps his Ide crash-course had failed to cover what to do if someone gives you their ID while trying to talk to somebody else.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:53 am 
Each greeting got a nod from the dressed up Crane, though she spoke no greetings in turn. She seemed to half pay attention to the conversation before she rolled her head back and glanced over her shoulder at Shirokiku. "Susumu-san, tell me; are you a courtier of your family?"

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:12 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika looked between the two as Yul did, watched Yul when he spoke and occassionally glanced at Ganbald. What caught her eye from all this darting around was the hand twitch, which she focused on for a moment. Ichika furrowed her brow for a moment, looking at the pained-smile and then caught herself quickly, "Yea, that's actually kind of the point," she said, realizing midway how that might sound, even if her tone was a friendly one, and she waved her hand.

"What.. what I mean to say is," she cleared her throat, chuckled shyly, "It's supposed to kind of just leave you thinking, I guess. Based on what's there and what's not," she said, a hand coming up as if to demonstrate.

"Course... not so sure that ones perfect yet, it's a traditional style which I thought I should practice some more. Didn't always write this way back home so.." she glanced between those around her, "but I probably shouldn't go on too much," she bowed her head to everyone as if by way of apology.

"What's there and what's not..." Yul considered that, half-frowning, half-amused. "Huh. So did you have something in mind, or does each listener pick their own thing?"

He shrugged, smiling. "But hey, if you wanna go on, I'm not stopping you."

Moto Ganbold wrote:
"Moto Ganbold, Marine, off the Tsust Nar" the Moto called back, apparently unaware that Yul was trying to carry on a conversation with the Crane. Or perhaps his Ide crash-course had failed to cover what to do if someone gives you their ID while trying to talk to somebody else.

Yul turned, getting Ganbold back in his sights; by contrast, he didn't seem to mind a conversation with multiple targets. "Yeah? I've heard of of the Tsust Nar. You ever go on patrol with the Seventh Skyrider Wing? That's my unit." He jerked a thumb, pointing at himself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:26 am 
Ganbold blinked. "Uh...well, I think so! Out past the Gurubashi system, as I recall. You fly-boys did some good work." He nodded firmly and grunted. "Been out Yaneka way for the past season, though."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:47 am 
Yul grinned. "Yeah, I thought I recognized the name. Let's get a drink later." He paused as the tea robot trundled by. "I mean a real drink." Yul chuckled, shooting the robot a suspicious look. The tea didn't look like anything more than hot leaf juice...

He gave his clansmate a nod. "Yaneka, huh? See any action?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:27 am 
Shirokiku was mostly listening for now, taking in the information as it was said. She was surprised when she was addressed directly, however.

Asahina Fusako wrote:
Each greeting got a nod from the dressed up Crane, though she spoke no greetings in turn. She seemed to half pay attention to the conversation before she rolled her head back and glanced over her shoulder at Shirokiku. "Susumu-san, tell me; are you a courtier of your family?"

"O-oh, me? No; I'm a Doshii trained in Mugen-Dono's ways. We train to act without armour, hence this." She gestured to her traditional kimono and hakama combo as if it explained everything.

"I don't believe we've met, Asahina-sama; may I introduce myself?" She offered a bow at the request.

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:47 am 
As the two Unicorn exchanged briefly, Ichika watched the two and just.. observed their little moment of life. Almost separating herself from it for a moment, she smiled at the thought. Then thinking to chime in as she was inspired by Yul's comment, she took to thought something to say but as Yul had asked a question she seemed all too content to wait for it to be answered before she spoke again.

Looking down to the edge of her kimono's sleeve she pulled it up in front of herself and played with it between her thumb and index. Squishing it between them, shifting it around, feeling the material.

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 am 
Susumu Shirokiku wrote:
"O-oh, me? No; I'm a Doshii trained in Mugen-Dono's ways. We train to act without armour, hence this." She gestured to her traditional kimono and hakama combo as if it explained everything.

"I don't believe we've met, Asahina-sama; may I introduce myself?" She offered a bow at the request.

"Mmm, that would explain it," she murmured airily before nodding. "Of course. Asahina Fusako myself, a pleasure I'm sure."

Theme (Dance Club Rave)
More Musical Inspiration

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:40 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul grinned. "Yeah, I thought I recognized the name. Let's get a drink later." He paused as the tea robot trundled by. "I mean a real drink." Yul chuckled, shooting the robot a suspicious look. The tea didn't look like anything more than hot leaf juice...

He gave his clansmate a nod. "Yaneka, huh? See any action?"

"Yes." Ganbold nodded firmly. "Lots of it." He fell silent for a second, then brought the subject back to booze. "A drink is a good way to start a friendship, Shinjo-san. I'm looking forward to it."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:07 pm 
"Perhaps," Ichika spoke up, a half-apologetic smile as she glanced between the two, "we might do the same, Shinjo-sama? Not a drink, but," she pursed her lips, "well, just find a time and place where we might take the moment to talk more? Would be rude to force myself in on everyone's time here," she then feeling uncertain looked back down at the hem of her kimono-sleeve.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:00 pm 
Moto Ganbold wrote:
"Yes." Ganbold nodded firmly. "Lots of it." He fell silent for a second, then brought the subject back to booze. "A drink is a good way to start a friendship, Shinjo-san. I'm looking forward to it."

Yul nodded evenly. "Yeah, okay. Sounds good." Mental note, there. After a moment, he smiled again. "It's not Unicorn space, but I'll bet the Phoenix still have bars."

Doji Ichika wrote:
"Perhaps," Ichika spoke up, a half-apologetic smile as she glanced between the two, "we might do the same, Shinjo-sama? Not a drink, but," she pursed her lips, "well, just find a time and place where we might take the moment to talk more? Would be rude to force myself in on everyone's time here," she then feeling uncertain looked back down at the hem of her kimono-sleeve.

Yul flashed a quick smile at her. "Hey, don't worry, Doji-san. You're not intruding. Things might be more formal later, but right now we're just some folks sharing a transport." He glanced around, including the other Crane and the Spider. "In fact, we're all starting off an adventure together in a way. We should all talk a bit."

He looked back to Ichika, still smiling. "Of course, I'd still be happy to talk more later. No drink, huh?" Yul pursed his lips thoughtfully. "What did you have in mind?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next