It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [Day 0 LN] Shuttle Diplomacy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:44 am 
Shoan stifles one of those full body yawns you only really get after your day continues several hours past its used by date. The Lion had bounced from hub to hub across the empire and still had only barely made the last shuttle to the surface.

Flashing her chop and ID to the gate attendant she shrugs a large bag over one shoulder and ambles into the shuttle proper. A hint of grey and red tattoos show under the Murame's cuffs as she picks a chair and carefully stows her belongings underneath it with the well practiced ease of a samurai who could do this in their sleep by now.

Well, the Phoenix weren't exactly transporting anyone around in comfort, but at least they probably wouldn't be getting shot at. With a small stretch that seemed to painfully pop every single one of her vertebrae, Shoan reached down for her headphones while tipping a kasa over her eyes and leaning back as much as the seat would allow (which was very little even by the standards of uncomfortable seating). On days like this you take your rest where you can get it.

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

Post subject: Re: [Day 0 LN] Shuttle Diplomacy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:20 am 
Sitting on the shuttle already is a young Crab officer with a duffle and a bird cage. He seems to be a little drawn out, likely also having had a long trip and just barely making the last shuttle. He smiles in the direction of the Lion as she boards.

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:39 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
Sitting on the shuttle already is a young Crab officer with a duffle and a bird cage. He seems to be a little drawn out, likely also having had a long trip and just barely making the last shuttle. He smiles in the direction of the Lion as she boards.

Shoan doesn't smile back, but there is a general relaxing of the muscles around her eyes as she bows politely to Koryn from her seat, pulling one of her earbuds out.

"Long day Kuni-san?"
There's a curious look at the bird cage but she's too polite to pry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:55 am 
He bows back "Yes it's been 36 hours of shuttle transfers and system transits. I expected to meet up with the rest of the delegation before the conference, but it appears my last transport got delayed when passing through Scorpion Customs and I have been playing catch up since." He nods, "They wanted to run special tests on Inu here"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:01 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
He bows back "Yes it's been 36 hours of shuttle transfers and system transits. I expected to meet up with the rest of the delegation before the conference, but it appears my last transport got delayed when passing through Scorpion Customs and I have been playing catch up since." He nods, "They wanted to run special tests on Inu here"

Shoan nods. Bureaucrats, human delay machines.
"I've had a similar experience. I hope that you weren't inconvenienced, doubltess Inu would not have wanted you to miss the last shuttle on their behalf."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:10 am 
He lifts the cover on the cage to check on the young adult Toritaka hunting falcon inside. "She was a present from my mother upon my graduation, I only received her right before shipping out, so wasn't expecting to have to make arrangements for her. But I couldn't exactly leave her behind."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 am 
A few moments later another figure entered the shuttle, two large and well stuffed suitcases being pulled along behind them. Hakka paused at the entrance, a discerning eye taking in the accommodations. There was a pause, a blink, and then she stepped further in.

Her makeup was holding well, but the wear of the day was starting to show even through its meticulous application and her eyes were tired as she watched the Shoan and Koryn interact.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:17 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
He lifts the cover on the cage to check on the young adult Toritaka hunting falcon inside. "She was a present from my mother upon my graduation, I only received her right before shipping out, so wasn't expecting to have to make arrangements for her. But I couldn't exactly leave her behind."

A slight eyebrow raise, maybe from the Lion that indicates serious surprise
"She is magnificent." There's a tiny pause as Shoan reflects on the chances of her ever owning something as valuable as the young falcon. Oh well.

"She'll be the talk of the Miai; if you are attending it Kuni-san. If not, please accept apologies for my presumption."

Doji Hakka wrote:
A few moments later another figure entered the shuttle, two large and well stuffed suitcases being pulled along behind them. Hakka paused at the entrance, a discerning eye taking in the accommodations. There was a pause, a blink, and then she stepped further in.

Her makeup was holding well, but the wear of the day was starting to show even through its meticulous application and her eyes were tired as she watched the Shoan and Koryn interact.

Shoan looks over at the new arrival and bows her head. If the Lion has any views on how much Crane samurai tend to travel with, she keeps them to herself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:20 am 
"Miya? I thought this was a Phoenix planet. " he pauses " Oh the Miya must be the ones holding the diplomatic conference. I am part of my clans security contingent for our diplomats. Though I don't know why they need fighter pilots for security." He frowns a little.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:25 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
"Miya? I thought this was a Phoenix planet. " he pauses " Oh the Miya must be the ones holding the diplomatic conference. I am part of my clans security contingent for our diplomats. Though I don't know why they need fighter pilots for security." He frowns a little.

There's silence for a few moments as Shoan regards Koryn quietly.
"You are visiting Asakaze for a 'diplomatic conference' ?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:38 am 
"Yes, it's supposed to be a great honor to get such a prestigious diplomatic appointment right after graduation. I am just confused why I don't have any briefing and why I am not meeting the rest of the delegation till we arrive."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
"Yes, it's supposed to be a great honor to get such a prestigious diplomatic appointment right after graduation. I am just confused why I don't have any briefing and why I am not meeting the rest of the delegation till we arrive."

A slow nod. Shoan's cheeck twitches slightly as she bites a lip, stifling a fit of laughter with sheer force of will even as her eyes water.

"Ah, yes. I think I understand. I'm sure you were selected for a reason Kuni-san."
That nearly causes another laugh and Shoan has to pretend to check something in the window's reflection
"I think we may be attending the same conference."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:03 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
A slow nod. Shoan's cheeck twitches slightly as she bites a lip, stifling a fit of laughter with sheer force of will even as her eyes water.

"Ah, yes. I think I understand. I'm sure you were selected for a reason Kuni-san."
That nearly causes another laugh and Shoan has to pretend to check something in the window's reflection
"I think we may be attending the same conference."

There had been copious amount of shuffling around as Hakka had tried to get her luggage settled, not used to being the one to have to handle such things. She listened as the other two spoke to each other, before the last had her looking in their direction completely. Thankfully, at this time it looked like the luggage wouldn't fall over before they even took off.

"A conference of many it seems," she says, a faint upturn at the corners of her mouth as she spoke.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:05 am 
He smiles and bows toward the Crane boarding, "Oh interesting, do you know what is going to be discussed at the conference?" He sighs " I am just curious, I guess technically I don't need to know. I mean as security it isn't really important to me, as long as I keep everyone safe and alive right?" He looks at the Falcon, "I guess I am just nervous since this is my first assignment." He cocks his head, "Should I even be talking to you, if your one of the other clan diplomats? I didn't get a lot of diplomatic training in flight school, it was more about how to shoot people out of the air."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:12 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:

There had been copious amount of shuffling around as Hakka had tried to get her luggage settled, not used to being the one to have to handle such things. She listened as the other two spoke to each other, before the last had her looking in their direction completely. Thankfully, at this time it looked like the luggage wouldn't fall over before they even took off.

"A conference of many it seems," she says, a faint upturn at the corners of her mouth as she spoke.

Kuni Koryn wrote:
He smiles and bows toward the Crane boarding, "Oh interesting, do you know what is going to be discussed at the conference?" He sighs " I am just curious, I guess technically I don't need to know. I mean as security it isn't really important to me, as long as I keep everyone safe and alive right?" He looks at the Falcon, "I guess I am just nervous since this is my first assignment." He cocks his head, "Should I even be talking to you, if your one of the other clan diplomats? I didn't get a lot of diplomatic training in flight school, it was more about how to shoot people out of the air."

Shoan's eyes crinkle slightly.
"I cannot speak for your orders Kuni-san, although I have never served as a diplomat, quite the opposite most times. Perhaps Crane-san could assist you?"
Gesturing very slightly at Hakka
"She may be another participant at the 'diplomatic conference'?"
There might be a wink at Hakka if Koryn is distracted.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:38 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:

Murame Shoan wrote:
Shoan's eyes crinkle slightly.
"I cannot speak for your orders Kuni-san, although I have never served as a diplomat, quite the opposite most times. Perhaps Crane-san could assist you?"
Gesturing very slightly at Hakka
"She may be another participant at the 'diplomatic conference'?"
There might be a wink at Hakka if Koryn is distracted.

"A courtier's job is to talk, Crab-san," said Hakka, the smile playing at the corner of her lips growing just that much more. A fan appeared in hand, as if by Crane Magic, and she snapped it open with a flick of her wrist, waving it gently in front of her face. "It would be derelict of me to not share a word or two with any who wished to speak to me."

At Shoan's words, she nodded. "This one is indeed another participant at this conference and is known as Doji Hakka."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:43 am 
"Sorry I should have...." He smiles, "Kuni Koryn, Kaiu Aie Corps, and this is Inu of the Toritaka" He smiles and waves at the bird. "I was trained in the arts of battle as a fighter pilot, the Crab didn't really feel it necessary to learn a lot about diplomatic skills, that is more of a Yasuki thing."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:54 am 
"And I am Shoan of the Murame, who serve the Ikoma. I am neither fighter pilot or courtier, so I hope you can forgive my lacking skills."

Clearly thinking she's onto a good thing here
"Of course, I was briefed by command on this conference. I believe you will be tested Kuni-san, as will we all. Indeed, it is likely to be quite....energetic?"

Shoan lacks Crane magic...or easy access to her fan....or really the inclination to use one here. So she settles for just seeming very serious.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:03 pm 
"Why would security be tested? Is this some kind of tournament? I wish we had been prepared for this. " He frowns, "I mean I feel confident in basic tactics, hunting, survival skills, and piloting, and I am well read and a half way decent mechanic. I guess I can handle most types of tests, but I've never really dealt with debate or iajitsu or any of the court stuff. You don't think that will be important do you?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:40 pm 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
"Why would security be tested? Is this some kind of tournament? I wish we had been prepared for this. " He frowns, "I mean I feel confident in basic tactics, hunting, survival skills, and piloting, and I am well read and a half way decent mechanic. I guess I can handle most types of tests, but I've never really dealt with debate or iajitsu or any of the court stuff. You don't think that will be important do you?"

"A tournament?" By this time Hakka had settled into a seat close to the others, surreptitiously shifting as she tried to get comfortable for the upcoming ride. The overlarge chair was proving to be a difficult foe to overcome and she had to pass the fan over to her other hand because of it.

"One could call it this. One with a life long prize at its end, where all skills will continually be contested even at its conclusion."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next