It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: [Day 0 LN] Shuttle Diplomacy
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:49 pm 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"A tournament?" By this time Hakka had settled into a seat close to the others, surreptitiously shifting as she tried to get comfortable for the upcoming ride. The overlarge chair was proving to be a difficult foe to overcome and she had to pass the fan over to her other hand because of it.

"One could call it this. One with a life long prize at its end, where all skills will continually be contested even at its conclusion."

"Doji-san has the right of it. I believe the emphasis is uh....squad tactics, of a sort. Inter-clan coordination will be a must."

Shoan was a little surprised and more than a bit relieved there were other samurai with even less interest in the concept of a miai than she was. If it had just been all white haired Crane beauties swanning around....

There is some surreptitious side-eye at Hakka

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:08 pm 
"Oh well with the Miya coordinating I can see how inter-clan squad tactics could be a theme, I mean working with other clans together has been a long Miya tradition. " He nods, "I haven't really met anyone from other clans before, my home world isn't exactly a vacation spot"

Gear: Steel Silk Flight Suit, Diasho, Sidearm, Falcon, Communicator & Densai
Field Pack: Gasmask, Holorecorder, Med Pack, Cone Lantern, Paper & Ink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:20 pm 
Late to an an already late flight was a young woman dressed in black. Short black boots, black leggings and the soft, rounded folds of an unpressed pleated black skirt in some light silken. A short black jacket made of synthetic material providing the simulation in look and pliability of animal leather and all of its touches with none of the taboo. A hood was pulled over the woman's head, shocks of unruly black hair peeking out to frame a translucent crimson veil.

A story was told in her face. An angry red scar, healing and proud, across the bridge of a nose that may have been pretty and delicate once before it had been broken and reset, perhaps more than once. Patches of darkened tissues surrounded an eye where the swelling had subsided but the bruising had yet to fully resolve. Scarred lips that twitched in a quiet, friendly smile behind the veil to the other shuttle riders.

Shuffling over to an empty seat, she set down her bags: sturdy, durable black synth-fabric distinguished by a number of pins and keychains depicting characters from the popular show: Starlight Miko Crusaders.

Carrying: Daisho, Densai, Sidearm, Sturdy Clothing, Veil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:08 pm 
Shosuro Maiko wrote:
Snip

Shoan nods politely, one bushi to another; but she won't bother the Scorpion unless the Shosuro looks like they want some conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:33 pm 
Koryn smiles cheerfully in the Scorpions direction and waves welcomingly before turning back toward the Crane and Lion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:44 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
"Oh well with the Miya coordinating I can see how inter-clan squad tactics could be a theme, I mean working with other clans together has been a long Miya tradition. " He nods, "I haven't really met anyone from other clans before, my home world isn't exactly a vacation spot"

"It simply keeps its beauty hidden from those who do not appreciate it." A tap of her fan against her lips, it having snapped close with another delicate flick of her wrist. "It must have some redeeming qualities."

Maiko's arrival pulled her attention from Shoan and Koryn and she gave a bow of her head in greeting towards the Scorpion. A practiced glance had her taking in what she could about the other woman, before she left Maiko to join in if she wished, or did not. It was quite late after all and who knew how long the other had been traveling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:34 am 
"Oka is mostly a blasted wasteland of rock with a few domes that people live in. The Kami have been mostly purged from the area so that special experiments can be done by the Kuni Scientists." He nods, "I spent a lot of time off world as a kid though, visiting forest worlds with my mom."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:40 am 
After securing her belongings, Maiko shuffled over to the gathered group of other samurai.

"Good evening, everyone. Looks like we'll all be going down together, neh?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:31 am 
Shosuro Maiko wrote:
After securing her belongings, Maiko shuffled over to the gathered group of other samurai.

"Good evening, everyone. Looks like we'll all be going down together, neh?"

"It would appear so, Shosuro-sama."
Shoan takes it upon herself to do the introductions, although whether that's because she genuinely views herself as the lowliest samurai there, or it's part of some private joke is hard to say.

"Kuni-san, Doji-san and I have just been discussing the 'diplomatic conference' he has been invited to on the planet."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:21 am 
A polite bow was given to the group of samurai as they chatted in the corner. Though the Mantis didn't move over immediately to join them. Instead moving towards the squeaky drone with an assortment of drinks.

A quiet curse could be heard as the young Mantis found that it apparently didn't serve what he wanted. It didn't seem to bother him too much though as he collected a cup of something anyways.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:46 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
A polite bow was given to the group of samurai as they chatted in the corner. Though the Mantis didn't move over immediately to join them. Instead moving towards the squeaky drone with an assortment of drinks.

A quiet curse could be heard as the young Mantis found that it apparently didn't serve what he wanted. It didn't seem to bother him too much though as he collected a cup of something anyways.

Hakka had returned the bow to the best of her rather limited capabilities at the moment, such undignified seating, but did not speak in greeting as it seemed that Hayato's attention was attracted towards what the drone was providing and not the quartet. The quiet curse drew her attention back to him for a second, eyes flicking over and then back to the others.

The fan was back to gently fanning her face, a few loose tendrils of hair moving with the breeze. "Kuni-sama in particular was speaking on his interest for such a dedication to inter-clan relations, having not been able to attend many such gatherings. I do hope that the Phoenix are able to provide such an occasion so as to not be disappointing for one who has not had the pleasure, nor the time, of dabbling in such affairs."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:03 am 
"It's true, I think this is the mostest number of non-Crab I've ever been in the room with!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:09 am 
Kuni Koryn wrote:
"It's true, I think this is the mostest number of non-Crab I've ever been in the room with!"

Dryly "I think I have had more non-Crab samurai in a room. But it is a change to my usual squad."
She nods towards the fanning Crane as if that served to explain a vast difference.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:21 am 
"If you don't do much traveling, isn't that the same thing most can say?" The tall Mantis offered as he moved to join the group.

"Ah, my apologies for interrupting, just thought the Kuni's experience might be similar to most of us, at least in mostly spending time around members of our own clan." He explained with a apologetic bow before he took a seat nearby and took a sip from his cup.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:25 am 
Despite that the seats seemed to have been designed specifically for the purpose of preventing sleep, up near the front of the shuttle there was the distinct sound of someone moving into a more comfortable position. Someone had somehow blended into the general ambience of the shuttle and promptly passed out. At least he wasn't snoring.

"Gravity wells? Again? I'll...show...you a... Fine, be like that."

The dialogue drifted off into a sleeping mumble before disappearing entirely.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:27 am 
He nods at the Tsuruchi's comment. "Yeah it's been kind of a whirl wind, finishing Gempukku and then immediatly being loaded on to the transport here. And dealing with all these new experiences, like non crab, I am sorry if I am slightly awkward. "

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:14 am 
"Diplomatic conference?" Maiko asked, blinked, and slowly nodded. "Yeah. I guess it could be that, couldn't it?"

"No need to be worried about being awkward, then. We'll all be awkward in our own way, I think."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:17 am 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
Despite that the seats seemed to have been designed specifically for the purpose of preventing sleep, up near the front of the shuttle there was the distinct sound of someone moving into a more comfortable position. Someone had somehow blended into the general ambience of the shuttle and promptly passed out. At least he wasn't snoring.

"Gravity wells? Again? I'll...show...you a... Fine, be like that."

The dialogue drifted off into a sleeping mumble before disappearing entirely.

Shoan is too polite to acknowledge the sleeping Hotaru....if anything she envies his napping abilities.

Shosuro Maiko wrote:
"Diplomatic conference?" Maiko asked, blinked, and slowly nodded. "Yeah. I guess it could be that, couldn't it?"

"No need to be worried about being awkward, then. We'll all be awkward in our own way, I think."

"As you say Shosuro-sama. I am no courtier, I should not hold samurai to standards above my own abilities. I have been known to be abrasive in the past."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:24 pm 
"I'm not very good at awkward." Hayato offered with a feigned grimace. "You're likely right about that though."

Tipping back his cup he took another sip. "I suppose to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness I should introduce myself though." He dipped into what could be considered a bow from his seat. "I'm Tsuruchi Hayato."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2