It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Trying out shades on a Camera (D3, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:25 am 
Mal-Chin had finally broken down and bought one of the UV-Shades. He wanted to test out its usage if he set it in front of one of his holo-recorders.

He'd get to see what it looked like later...but it had strong potential to be useful if it actually worked.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

Post subject: Re: Trying out shades on a Camera (D3, Early Afternoon)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:09 am 
"Why do I need the shades?" Nara asked, tilting her head. She was standing at the entrance, a little confused.

"You see samurai-sama, there's a lot of things you can't see without the glasses and..." the woman at the entrance tried to explain to the oddly dressed samurai, but Nara didn't seem to fully understand.

"So I need the shade? Can I just borrow them?"

"Unfortunately not Samurai-sama" the woman at the entrance bowed. Nara frowned.

"Can I come back for them?"

The woman just sighed and nodded. Nara, accepting this, turned to look into the garden. Squinting a bit to see if she could see everything, which of course she couldn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:20 am 
Eventually, she's likely to see an Asako, moving a pair of holorecorders around. One of which has the shades balanced in front of the camera.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:50 am 
She did indeed notice, and that stole her attention. Slowly she approached the man, trying to get behind him to peek into the camera that has the shades attached to it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:18 am 
"Oh! Hello?" Says the slightly spooked Mal-Chin. The holo recorder's viewport is hidden by the back of the shades and a bit of tape holding them on.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:07 am 
Nara blinked, looking at the man.

"Hello! What are you looking at?" she bowed to him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:50 am 
A bow returned. "I'm getting some shots of the garden in normal and ultraviolet. Hopefully the quality will be good enough for a video."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 am 
"Ooh, does it work? Can I see?" Nara peeked a little closer "is it really pretty?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:17 am 
A quick nod. "I know the shades work. It's my first time trying to put them on the holorecorder." He pauses a moment. "Oh! I'm Asako Mal-Chin, by the way. Part of the miai, but I'm local to Shiro Yoake."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:34 am 
"I'm Nara! Susumu Nara" The Spider girl smiled brightly "ooh test it test it test it. Let's see if it works!"

She seemed pretty excited.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:43 am 
"An honor to meet you." He nods. "Hmm. Okay. I think I can pause it and show you what I've shot so far." He gets a cord out and plugs his densai into the holorecorder.

It takes a little while for the spirits to talk to each other, and then he's got video on his densai, that he holds up so they can both see.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:31 am 
Most would try to at least maintain a respectful distance. Nara was not most however. She got much closer so she could see it, and Mal-chin could likely catch a smell of her Jasmine perfume.

"Oooo...."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:04 am 
"Right? The colors are just..." He shakes his head. "Insects are supposed to see closer to this and we just get the tame colors with our eyes. I wonder if the kami see in ultra-violet? Or if there's a way you could wear glasses like these and get to see the kami."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:59 am 
"That's amazing" Nara said quietly, staring at the images in awe "how are those colours even possible? Maybe we need these kind of glasses as eyes, then we could see everything."

She paused at the kami point, before saying "maybe the kami have glasses that lets them see us?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:06 am 
A quick look at Nara. "I mean. To be honest. I've never heard anyone say they don't..."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:25 am 
"Hmm...maybe they have different types per element. So like, fire kami would have sunglasses. Water kami would have waterproof goggles. Earth kami would have...I don't know" Nara frowned "I can't think of any other kinds of glasses."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:06 am 
He pauses a moment. "I've heard pilots have goggles of a type. And I bet miner's have something to protect their eyes from grit and rock."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:31 am 
"Earth has mining goggles then! That works! What about air kami though?" Nara was clearly invested in this now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:25 am 
He sets the holorecorder back to recording. "I heard that on frozen worlds, they have special goggles to protect your eyes from the reflection of the sun on snow."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 pm 
"Asako-san is smart. I didn't know any of this" Nara went back to trying to peek at the camera "are there books on different eyewear on Phoenix lands?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next