It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Fighting Gold (D5, LA, Serenity Bakery. Open)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 pm 
Hyeon-ju bought herself some time in that her order of bao and mochi was ready to pick up, and she could excuse herself for a few seconds to pick it up.

Returning back to Ishiyo, she had a very focused look on her face. "As I said, not as easy as I thought it would be." She gave the other woman a wondering look. "... Maybe some input from another woman might be what I need. I think we can both agree to to not gossip about what we share with eachother, yes?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:53 pm 
Ishiyo blushed and her smile turned very nervous, "I mean..." She took a deep breath, "Well okay, we are at least both women of honoh and bushi as well." Her voice dropped, "Still this is like boarding school before I entered flight school..."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:04 am 
"I wouldn't know what boarding school is like... frankly, this is pretty uncommon territory for me," she sighed and rubbed her neck.

"Currently, I see four choices I'm considering. Some good, some bad. The good ones are Akodo Akihiko, or Matsu Chiyoko. But... I haven't spent that much time with either of them." And the Akodo was so... proper and perfect Akodo in so many ways, she wasn't quite sure how to approach it. He probably had other options to consider.

"The bad ones. Or rather, the ones that will not nescessarily be hugely popular with my clan would be Kuchiki Satoru, and Tsuruchi Hayato. I've spent more time with them, and gotten to know them better, and I find them both interesting - but for different reasons." The two were actually very different type of men.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:21 am 
Ishiyo blinked as she spoke, "Ah...oddly enough I have spoken to everyone you mention, though Matsu-san only briefly." She tapped her cheek in thought, then realized it was time for her to talk about her own.

"Oh....ah, on my own side," She takes a breath and starts with the easier ones, "Daigotsu Shokomaru-sama has expressed interest, he certainly possess a social position and wealthy my fatheh would find favorable. But...." She skipped his teasing and went for the obvious issue, "...I do not believe I would make a good Spideh. Not that it mattehs since at present he would be the one choosing."

"I have spoken to Akodo-sama, I ratheh think he is very interesting but..." She laughs nervously, "I really never considered a fellow pilot as a possibility. Also I would become a Lion and I am not sure how that helps the Clan or family. Although again it would be his choice at the moment."

"Tsuruchi-san actually wished to speak to me tonight, I met him the otheh night at the wrestling tournament."

"All pretty standard I would think, except." She took a breath, "...I find myself enjoying the company of Daigotsu Ryuu-san. For all his strangeness there is a surprising tenderness."

The Crane was quiet for a moment, her cheeks red. "Anyway since we have both laid it out on the table so to speak...Akodo-sama and Matsu-san are both obvious political choices. Akodo-sama means you become a Lion and possibly so with Matsu-san as well. I wish I could speak more on eitheh, but I can tell you Akodo-sama is a good pilot, earned his wings for shooting down a fighteh in a shuttle."

"Kuchiki-san is a nice fellow the times I have spoken to him, I suspect he will probably approach me at some point. For the alliance if nothing else. And Tsuruchi-san...well I only just met him."

Her blush returned, "I wish I could provide betteh advice but...it seems ouh problem is much the same."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:43 am 
Hyeon-ju didn't blush, but she could certainly understand how Ishiyo felt. Their situations seemed pretty similar.

"Well, if I were in your spot and had to pick between two Spider - I'd choose Ryuu-san. He's... a bit odd, but he has a good head on his shoulder, and means well. He declared very early on that he wishes to have a romantic married life, and I think he would be very supportive of you as a husband, Daidoji-sama. You expressed that what was most important to you was to fly, right? I'm pretty sure he wouldn't hold you back on that, and you could marry him into the Crane."

At least, to her, Ryuu was a much better choice than Shokomaru. "Shokomaru-sama is a bit too much of a... skirt-chaser, for me to support him for you, Daidoji-sama. He's been chasing after Hida Akemi-san from what I've seen personally." And then the rumors of a Crab and Spider making out...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 am 
"Oh my yes," Ishiyo let out a small laugh, "I visited the club one night and he asked me to the dance flooh, once Hida-san was present he spun me out into the flooh and the two left togetheh." She shrugs, "Which was an odd occurrence to say the least."

"May I ask what draws you-eh attention to Kuchiki-san and Tsuruchi-san? Both of them are not from clans with as stringent views on Bushido as you-eh own family's."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:04 am 
"Ah," she gave a brief smile of relief when it seemed that Ishiyo was aware of the Crab-Spider relations, and wasn't being lied to or anything. "Certainly sounds odd, but I've gotten used to odd from the Crab here."

At the following question, she crossed her arms loosely as a thoughtful look settled on her elegant features. "Kuchiki-san is calm, intelligent, and well-mannered... that he is a shugenja, and a doctor, are valuable traits, and I find that his company is interesting. The biggest problem is that he is a Spider. Our clans are not on the friendliest of terms."

"Tsuruchi-san on the other hand... he has shown himself a capable bushi, with skill and talent. I also find his company... relaxing. It's hard to explain, but I feel he manages to find the balance between being relaxed and proper that I often fail to find myself. And he makes me want to laugh sometimes." Which was a rare trait. "But well, he's a Mantis, and currently I'd be marrying into the Mantis if that was to happen."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:31 am 
"I suppose that is the crux of the issue." Ishiyo smiled wearily, "On the one hand what we are supposed to do and on the otheh...what some part of us wants to do."

"Of course...Tsuruchi-san is in the position to choose you, if the situation reversed would it not be him who entered the Unicorn?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:39 am 
"Mm, we have... an agreement that he will not choose me if it means me marrying out of the Unicorn. If he wishes to join the Unicorn is undecided, I'll say, though not impossible."

Not that it meant the Tsuruchi was going to rest on his laurels. He had his duties and pride too.

"Not that either of us have made a certain choice yet, but it felt right to agree to such. But, as you say, there's duty and there's other options." Hyeon-ju closed her eyes and sighed. "I should try to spend some more time with Akodo-sama or Matsu-san, to get to know them better."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:14 am 
"If you wish to remain a Unicorn, then Matsu-san is you-eh best bet," Ishiyo replied, "If you wish to bring the most glory to the relationship...Akodo-sama is likely the betteh choice. Though it seems likely you would leave the Unicorn regardless of one's final position in such a match."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm 
"I know... and I wish I didn't feel so uncertain about it. What if the Lion were to ground me? To be a... ugh, a housewife?" she shuddered at the thought. A pilot's worst nightmare was to be grounded.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:33 pm 
"The Lion are not likely to dispose of a useful military asset." Ishiyo's expression turns sympathetic, "Though I know what you mean, if possible I would prefeh to remain flying as well. And not be held up as just a Crane wife like some sort of favored jewelry."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:38 pm 
"We share the same concern," she gave the Daidoji a rueful and sympathetic smile. "Understandable. We're both people who enjoy the sky and being up there. Being grounded is the worst fear for us."

"I hope you find someone who will still let you fly, Daidoji-sama. It would be a shame to clip your wings."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 pm 
"And the same for you...though Utaku-san does have a force of personality that makes heH grounding a dangerous prospect I think." Ishiyo took a another sweet out of her order. "I also worry you will lose you-eh friend and wingmate Shinjo-san."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:04 pm 
She lifted her chin slightly at that, taking some pride in her personality.

"Ah... yes," her mouth twitched in a frown. "It's one of the reasons I would like to not marry out. I like my squad... and well, despite all our troubles, I do appriciate my wingmate. Getting used to flying with new folks with different routines wouldn't be impossible, but it would be hard."

Hyeon-ju looked at Ishiyo. "You'd prefer not to leave your squad too, right?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:33 pm 
"Even with all the troubles? No, not when I have finally earned theih respect." Ishiyo smiled, "And if I could indulge in some pride...they are one of the best in the Crane fleet. All Aces, several double or triple Aces."

"You give him a hard time but I knew you liked Shinjo-san. And trusted him...err mostly. He does seem to be something of a wild card though."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:56 pm 
If she liked him was debatable, but Hyeon-ju did think he was a damned fine pilot. "He is a good wingmate. But yes..." there was an exasperated sigh. "Wild card doesn't begin to describe it. He's been lucky so far, but he'll probably be in over his head some day when that luck runs out and his overconfidence bites him in the rear."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 pm 
"That is true foh all of us, life goes on until ouh luck runs out oh we grow old enough to retire." Ishiyo shrugs, "I assume in Utaku-san's case you wish it to be some time afteh Utaku-san becomes Utaku-shireikan." She chuckles softly.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:28 pm 
"Something like that," she gave a brief if wry smirk. "I really aspire to rise in the ranks and be a commander. But I understand my superiors wishes that I marry first... often such things is good for officers. To be married."

"But I would rather that Shinjo-san learns his limits and become the amazing pilot I know he can be if he just tempers himself."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 pm 
"I believe you are ancestohs once felt that only the wildest of horses, once properly trained, could make the best mounts? I suppose it a bit of a vulgah comparison but Shinjo-san does seem something of wild horse." Ishiyo teased, "Though...I think Kuni-san will be a good pilot if he survives his first battle." Her tone is a bit darker, "I do not know if it is true among the Unicorn, but we Crane have always found that the most dangerous battles are a pilots first ones."

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next