It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: [Day Seven - Early Afternoon, Snap!] Photo Shoot
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 am 
"To be honest...I'm still trying to get used to the popularity. I guess being in a colony in the middle of nowhere allow me to take it easy in public but it's not like they don't have wrestling fans here. Maybe my disguise has been pretty good so far," she said as she put on her baseball cap once more. "Some of the veterans are pretty good at it, taking pictures with little children and given inspiring words. Tell them to chase their dreams and be as strong as they can be. That's not me, at all."

Ugh, kids.

"I mean we're in the booth already, let's take another or two before we check out the results. Buuuut, this time...let's actually choose a background," she said as she reached in her pockets and put in another few zeni.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:29 am 
"Yes! Let's!" she chuckled into the back of her hand. Glancing down for a moment though she toyed with an inner thought, with a little raise to her shoulders she looked up with a smile. "Well your disguise fooled me, Hiruma-sama!" she said, like that was something that was hard.. although it wasn't, not really. "I understand how you feel though. There's been.. well, I write poems sometimes right? I love them.. I'm even kinda working on something like a song, yea?" she said with a bright proud smile even if she glanced away when she admitted it.

"The thing is though.. I know a lot of people, well.. when you bring something forward like that there can be all these other expectations for you and I just," she waved her hand. "Guess I'm a little-" she stopped herself, "uneasy about it, yea? Bringing any of it forward as more than just.. what I do in my spare time."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:41 am 
"Turning a poem into a song, that seems like fun," even if she wasn't a poet herself, she could understand the value of songs. There were plenty of musicians in the galaxy! "I'm guessing that people assume that you're doing it because you're thinking of performing in public or make it as a gift to someone important. A lot of people would wonder that you're not just doing something for no reason."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:07 am 
"It is!" she said with a bright smile, happily bringing her hands together. "I would love to be able to share it with people. Let it be known so they can hear it and.. resonate with it, like the old poets did, yea? But the thing that's most important about it is that it's for me, so that I can get the words.. the meaning out. There's that special," she brought her hand up a little, like it might help her find the words, "something that just- happens, when you finish something and hear it or read it for the first time when it's finished, yea?" she said, looking to Chiyoko with that same bright smile from the first.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:02 am 
"What sort of meaning are you intending to get from your work? And I also thought that poems were more meant to be internal in meaning and you have to think it over yourself. If you want someone to know what you're going to say and mean, you'd just tell them, wouldn't you?" she asked with a tilt of her head.

"If you could be anywhere else right now...where would you go?" she asked as she fiddled with the selection of backgrounds.

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 am 
"Mmm, mhm," she said, nodding a bit. "You're not wrong!" she said, a soft little laugh. "Still, there's always that common thread, yea? Something for everyone who reads or hears a poem to connect to. Like.." she said, sheepishly, "like your childhood dreams, yea?" she glanced away with a half-awkward chuckle. Sliding straight into the next few words to run from that, "So yea! Like, if I just wanted to tell someone.. I saw this beautiful lake today, I could tell them, but if I wanted to talk about.. the beauty in any lake in the world, or just in nature? I'd use a poem, and then everyone can agree and apply the meaning to their own lakes and forest and," she raised her arms in a little shrug, "and whatever!" she smiled.

"So!" she said, with a little lean toward as she looked at the selection a little more from her angle. "Speaking of beautiful places.. what's the most beautiful place you've ever seen, Hiruma-sama? Let's find one that matches that kind of place, yea?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:00 am 
"There are more than one great lake or forest in this universe so it does make sense that a poem wouldn't be used to tell someone about one thing in general. In a way, you're aiming to tell someone something they already knew, aren't you?" she said quizzically.

She gave an inwards sigh as she tried to think back, glancing upwards. "My work thankfully lets me travel to a lot of places from Suzume farming worlds to...wellll, everywhere else better than that. The coolest and prettiest place would have been the World of Dreams, the big Scorpion world where almost the whole planet is a city and there are very few actual wild places. Pretty much the opposite of this place. It's a world that never sleeps and has everything crammed into every street. Even in the side streets and alleyways, you'll see a lot of people wandering around. Its nighttime is really its daytime when it comes to how busy it is. It also happens to look pretty wicked when you're flying in by shuttle. The whole planet surface looked like a billboard, almost."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:23 am 
"Ooo," she vocalized with a little raise on her toes. "What kinda pose do you think we should do with something like that, there was a city one in here somewhere.. yea?" she asked, looking from Chiyoko to the machine.

Though, while they looked, "And yea, kinda. Though I guess you're not really telling someone so much as you're talking about it and they're listening, right?" she tapped her chin a moment. "Have you ever told your story to someone, and explained how it made you feel, and then they gave you a story of their own that sort of matched? Then you get that feeling of being understood. Brings you some.." she paused, touched her chin again as she thought. "Catharsis?" she sounded it out slow, nodded, "yea, that's the word. I think," she shrugged, "Anyway, but like it made you feel heard, understood? A good feeling yea? That's what we can get with poetry, understanding one another on the things that we might not otherwise just talk about."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:50 am 
"Yeah, I think I saw one earlier, like a real corny one they drew I think," she said as she recalled flipping past one, "And I don't know. It would sort of depend on what neighbourhood you find yourself in. Probably not a shady neighbour. Maybe somewhere fun, or going to somewhere fun? Maybe we're hailing an air taxi? Or dancing?"

Chiyoko gave a slow nod of her head at Ichika's explanation. "I think I sort of get you on that. So you're hoping for a sort of meeting of the minds, probably? So then, what sort of story are you trying to tell?"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:01 am 
"Oh, maybe back to back dancing!?" she asked, excited on that bit, laughing a little she came down from that sudden burst in a graceful decline as she started talking. "Depends on the poem, or the.. song?" she said, a soft chuckle. "The one I'm working on right now is.. uh.." she chuckled, now far more awkward as she rubbed the back of her neck a little. "Childhood Dreams.." she said, then coughed a little into her closed hand. "It's about all those little dreams you had as a kid for who you might be someday, and never really forgetting them, yea? Which.. I dunno, I think my resonate with some people?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:58 am 
"Uggggh, we're going to look like such goofs..." she groaned with a roll of her eyes before smiling. "alright, I'm in. Set it up."

Chiyoko gave that some thought before nodding soundly as she turned to have her back face her to the side. "Yeah, that could mean a load of things for different people but I think everyone has some sort of childhood dream at some point in their life. We must think of all sorts of things as children, not just what we'll be. Like what we're going to do or where we're going to live, who we're going to marry."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:04 am 
"We are!" she smiled, a little happy laugh as she listened to Chiyoko. Getting into position with her, back turned to face her she started thinking through what kind of dance moves she might replicate and would be good for a picture. Passive thoughts while she listened.

Without missing a beat in full stride, "What kind of things did you think of Hiruma-sama? What were your childhood dreams?" she said, a little smile as she looked forward to properly prepare for the picture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:10 am 
Chiyoko raised her arms up and positioned herself like she was doing a slight dance without waving her hands too much. She opened her mouth to pantomime that she was cheering. Or something. After their background was picked, the timer would go down and flash at the pair with near blinding light.

She gave a blink after the flash subsided and their picture was already being printed on cards. "Ohh...uhm...I suppose I kind of imagined that I would kind of stay at my homeworld. Maybe own this nice townhouse at a new development site and live there with both of my cats, Kosho and Bun-Bun. Like have a really chill life of just hanging out with them all day."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:41 am 
Ichika's arms were brought up and in close, one raised a little in front of the other like she was doing little pumping motions with a smile on her lips. Leaning toward Chiyoko a little more that her back that touched her slightly on a breath or other small movement.

Holding for a moment after the flash she made sure the picture was taken properly. Resting her arms she reached up with one to cover her eye a few seconds, laughing lightly.

Looking up from that she looked to Chiyoko, "Just you and your cats Hiruma-sama?" she seemed to ask but just smiled brightly and nodded, "That sounds like a really nice," she giggled two notes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:34 am 
"I never said it was an awesome and big dream!" she said in her defense. "I guess where I'm from, it was pretty simple and just lazing about with a simple life was all right. You have your friends as neighbours, you just meet at the same theatre and eat at the same restaurant every week. I bet your dream isn't so dorky, at least."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:45 am 
"I don't know!" she said with a little laugh, "I mean, I'm not sure mine's all that different in a way. Not really awesome or big or anything, I don't even have anything specific in mind with it," she said, a little sheepishly but she quickly found that gusto again. "So, you'll have to be the judge them Hiruma-sama. My dream is just to have a life where I can smile at the end of the day more often than I don't. Whoever I'm married off to, whatever duty I have to perform, it's.. if your dreams dorky than I think mine is too," she giggled a soft three-notes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 am 
"Ooooh, that's right, you are getting married," she nodded once more, recalling what had brought Ichika here. They were more than just two young women hanging out.

"Sorry, getting engaged," she shrugged her shoulders, "It's not that dorky, especially when you don't know who you're getting. There's probably some nice guys and then there are some creeps. They probably wouldn't let that many creeps in here, seems especially high-class and traditional. You won't end up with one, I hope. I didn't even think they did miai anymore...anyway, being happy with your life, pretty important stuff."

She pulled the curtain and stepped out of the booth. "They should be ready!"

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:11 am 
"Not really that different sometimes, yea? Maybe most know what they're getting but usually it's.. a little longer they have to prepare for it? So I guess you're right," she said, chuckling into the back of her hand as she slipped back outside with Chiyoko. Taking a few steps passed her in the more open environ to just feel the openness again.

"So! Pictures!" she said, spinning about on a heel as she looked back toward the machine and Chiyoko with a bright smile. "Thanks.." she said, stepping up closer again with a warm smile. "For taking the pictures with me and with what you said, about hoping and stuff. I do too.." she said the last bit a little sheepishly. Softly shaking her head she gave Chiyoko a smile and a little nod to reassure her of anything implied in the tone of her voice.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:42 am 
Like before, the pictures were printed in pairs on glossy holoslate material cardstock. It came out better this time around, especially when Chiyoko had an idea of how the flash worked and how strong it was. The shot of them back to back saluting and the next one of them dancing was easily as playful as they intended, perhaps even as dorky as Chiyoko imagined them to be. Noticeably, it seemed to not hide the real red-eye that she was trying to mask.

"Noooo problem! You did me the favour, actually. It would seem kind of sad if I left here without knowing and talking to a few people. Kind of made me think back on a few things too," she said as she handed Ichika her copy of the photos.

"I could give you my contact too, if you want. I should be here for a few more days."

Run by GM Boogiepop

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:48 am 
"I would love that Hiruma-sama!" she said, happily taking the photo's into hand. Looking down at them she made a small little happy noise. With a little shake of her hand holding them she looked back up to Chiyoko and nodded, remembering herself a little. Bringing up her purse she opened it up and slipped the photo's into a safe place and her cute little communicator out with a dexterous little move like she'd practiced with the purse a thousand times.

Flicking it into sync she held it close to her chest while she waited for Chiyoko to be ready, "I'd love to see you again before you go! Oh! And please message me anytime you like, yea? I'll answer," she gave her communicator a little shake.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next