It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Post Con Dinner [EN D9]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:40 pm 
"I do as well. I don't want them to need to come here. I hope, really, that what was found is all there is." A small sigh.

"I just...wanted you to know. I hope our friendship withstands the surprise... you're one of the few people I trust well enough to say it."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:51 pm 
"It's not something I would expect from anyone I would know, especially when so removed from the magistrate's office," she admitted. It would have been less of a surprise if Mal-Chin's line of work was law-related, even then the Inquisitors are a very dire branch of operation.

She nodded slowly after some thought, "but you still have my friendship, of course. It just will seem a bit different now, I must admit."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:58 pm 
He nods. "That's absolutely fair. I just..." He nods, "Its what I can do for everyone here that helped me find a path. Having accurate information also helps to keep everyone safe from undue suspicion as well. I mean. I wouldn't have known that someone from the Inquisition was near the planet, until they gave me the revitalizer."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:06 pm 
"It's very peculiar, to say the least...I don't know what I would have done or accepted in your situation," she said with a wide blink of astoundment.

"...Maybe not join as many clubs, that's for sure. How do you have time to juggle everything?"

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:20 pm 
"Lots of organization. I've not had a lot of time to speak to people at the miai, because of it. And reports aren't an every day or even every week thing." He shakes his head. "Not even every month."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:45 pm 
"So that's what had taken up much of your time here..." she murmured, "but on that note, it seems good that Nakauchi-san ran into you when she did. In that case, you might be the greater authority than me on the matter. I could only go to my father and the magistrates."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:00 pm 
A shake of his head, "Maybe. But I'd be sending information off planet, and you'd be sending to someone on it. And they would've been acting before anyone off planet could react."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 12:58 am 
She nodded in agreement. "Yes...but I'm a bit unsure about the urgency of the situation. Between the three of us in that conversation, it did seem that Nakauchi-san would have the spiritual authority, so I don't wish to downplay he concern at all. Hopefully, she does find the solution what she is asking for. I'm sure we could use some more peace on this planet."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:11 am 
A brief nod. "Sadly, she didn't seem interested in helping the Osprey at their dojo. Someone invested in making sure the Empire is better wherever she goes would have helped make them a good partner here on planet."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:47 am 
"Oh, yes..." she nodded slowly when she was talked about being a potential marriage partner. "But what about the issue with the strangeness with the kami around the planet? Something about a portal?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:58 am 
A slow nod. "Hai. That's something I can only read about. But hopefully I can inspire a deeper investigation. We want to be in harmony with the planet, not simply conquer it. Or else, I haven't understood all our teachings..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:38 am 
"I hope it doesn't turn out to be much...or if it does, the magistrates are able to deal with it. Kitsune-sama approached the other day and asked if the planet had been pacified from intruders. At first, I had thought he meant the wildlife, which obviously don't need to be dealt with...but then that talk with Nakauchi-san came up afterwards," she said before brushing some hair from her forehead.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:11 am 
A brief nod. He pushes his food around on the plate slightly. "That is interesting. Though I believe the Minor Clan Alliance has worked together fiercely, so I would not be surprised to find that their theories grew from the same place."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:02 am 
Chiruha nodded soundly at that, "I suppose it's out of my hands for now until something else comes up. I do admit that we don't know everything about the land, as much as we might claim otherwise."

"What would be next for you and your relationship with the inquisitors if you find yourself married out of the Phoenix?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:25 am 
"I don't know. I've...in so many ways, I've already done life anew once, after the White Death." He frowns. and shakes his head. "I expect the inquisitors will have to decide based on where I'd go. And I'd want to trust whomever my new lord would be. But if the two couldn't work together..." He sighed. "I'd either be too dangerous to let loose or they'd decide I don't know enough and trust that I wouldn't reveal any of their methods."

"Either way, I have to hope I've done enough to repay everyone who gave me this life."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:54 pm 
Chiruha gave a slow uncertain nod at Mal-Chin, a lot of things that were said were beyond her scope of understanding. As revered as the Inquisitors were, they likely had machinations and processes that were not privy to either of them.

She sighed softly and nodded once, her tone solemn, "I just hope things work out for you, Mal-Chin-san. You're a good person and have been a friend for a long while now."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:01 pm 
A small smile, "And I am gladdened by you concern and hopes. I am better for knowing you."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:40 am 
"Of course, Mal-Chin-san, this changes nothing between us," she smiled back.

"I don't think I can fit any more of these dumplings in me and it's probably a good idea to call it a night. Thank you very much for sharing your voucher. I know I don't owe you anything but at least know for sure that this won't be our last dinner here."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 am 
A nod, "Hai. I look forward to it, if what we've tasted is an indication of what all we can get." A smile, "Good luck on these final days of the miai."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:59 pm 
Chiruha put a hand on her stomach, "I need to come back on an empty stomach, that's for sure. The portions are huge here too," she chuckled.

She rose from her seat and bowed, "And you as well, I'll be seeing you around after this is over too, of course! Have a good night."

With that, she left the restaurant.

/exit

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next