It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (pink tent) EE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:32 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:

Standing nearby was a young Crane woman in an elegant sky blue kimono decorated with branches of pale sakura blossoms. She seems to be frowning at the artwork a little, tilting her head to the side and tapping the stylus of the densai she's holding against her lips. It takes her a moment to notice a presence, but once she does, she quickly bows, giving a sunny smile. "Oh! Good evening-" a quick glance at mons took place "-Akodo-sama. I'm Daidoji Shizuku." Their Clans' traditional rivalry gave no reason not to be perfectly pleasant.

Akihiko bows in reply, smiling warmly as his head rises again. "This one is Akodo Akihiko, Gunso of..." The Lion begins speaking very formally, then dials it back. "I'm a pilot in the Lion navy, and it's an honor to meet you, Daidoji Shizuku-san." He glances toward the piece she had been examining. "Someone clearly worked very hard on these," Akihiko says, finding a way to compliment the decor choices.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:53 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko bows in reply, smiling warmly as his head rises again. "This one is Akodo Akihiko, Gunso of..." The Lion begins speaking very formally, then dials it back. "I'm a pilot in the Lion navy, and it's an honor to meet you, Daidoji Shizuku-san." He glances toward the piece she had been examining. "Someone clearly worked very hard on these," Akihiko says, finding a way to compliment the decor choices.

"I'm a marine in the Crane Navy. It's nice to meet a fellow spacer," she replied brightly. She looked back when he referred to it. "Mm-hmm. If someone wants to happen in the future, making an image of it can make it a more concrete dream. An image is a step between the mind and reality. I can't fault that sort of hopefulness in art."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:28 pm 
Bayushi Tenma wrote:
"May I? The seat, that is."

"Sure. I bet no-one will mind if you add a meal and a chat to the sitting, Scorpion-san." Ruhe smirked. "Neme's Moto Ruhe, and these are Utaku Hyeong-ji and Matsu Chiyoko. I think the last thing we've been on was whether game hunting is gonna happen while we're here."

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:56 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
"I'm a marine in the Crane Navy. It's nice to meet a fellow spacer," she replied brightly. She looked back when he referred to it. "Mm-hmm. If someone wants to happen in the future, making an image of it can make it a more concrete dream. An image is a step between the mind and reality. I can't fault that sort of hopefulness in art."

Akihiko nods as she speaks. "Hai, it is nice. Meeting a fellow spacer, really, not so much the pictures. Have you seen much combat?" His body language shows he's much more engaged for this topic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:53 pm 
"Hai, Yasuki-sama. Would you like a copy sent to you?" Mal-Chin looks up from his densai.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:00 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko nods as she speaks. "Hai, it is nice. Meeting a fellow spacer, really, not so much the pictures. Have you seen much combat?" His body language shows he's much more engaged for this topic.

It was only courteous to follow the obvious interest. She nodded brightly. "Mostly against pirates, repelling boarders or boarding enemy ships. Been on a few hunts for them, as well, though naturally my part was mostly in the final stages of those. And yourself, Akodo-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:05 pm 
Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
"Hai, Yasuki-sama. Would you like a copy sent to you?" Mal-Chin looks up from his densai.

"It would be a pleasure" Nishida said

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:09 pm 
The Asako nods, looking down to find the familiar Yasuki brand logo signifying the local Crabs presence, then sends the file.

"I hope it proves useful!"

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:20 pm 
"A tour around the city Indeed." Hayato offered with a nod with towards the Yasuki. "It'd be a good way to get to knos places."

He smirked. "I can figure out a few nice places myself, but locals must know the best of everything. "

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:02 pm 
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:
"I don't know, but I definitely want to find out," she bowed to the Spider at the new introduction, as well as the new Moto. "Pleased to meet you both. I'm Matsu Chiyoko, and this," she motions to Hyeon-ju, "is Utaku Hyeon-ju."

Another bow to both. "Thank you, Matsu-san."

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Then she added in; "and of course, we would have to make certain that is acceptable with our host. We are all here as guests."

"Definitely, Utaku-san. A Miai is double reason to be the best guest you can, never mind simply because you are a guest."

Bayushi Tenma wrote:
Matsu Chiyoko wrote:

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:

Moto Ruhe wrote:

Susumu Shirokiku wrote:

"May I? The seat, that is."

"Ah, Bayushi-san! It's good to see you; please, join us."

Turning to the group, she made an introduction.
"Everyone, this is Bayushi-Tenma-san, from room two alongside myself. We met just this afternoon."

Battlefield Carry: Daisho, Rifle, sturdy clothing, communicator, likely travelling pack

Bio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 pm 
Chiruha chuckled at the question after her hand ran through her hair, "I do ride an otori, yeah, badly. Aoi is my companion and I would say that otori are better fit for the terrain. If you form a bond with your otori, they might become more of a companion than just any mount. We don't exactly have much in the way of roads and ATV vehicles don't have that natural instinct that you may come to appreciate when it comes to having an otori by your side. Of course, I think people here have been successful with their vehicles and they are more comfortable, otori are just less disruptive to the local fauna. This is both for the ecosystem and to your benefit. You don't want to accidental crush a spore sack, especially when you might be allergic."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:08 pm 
So. Many. People.

So this is what a miai-mingle was like...

Hyeon-ju got a refill of sake from a passing servant and took a bigger sip.

"So..." another sip. "Everyone excited for the miai?" She was painfully aware of how dumb the question was after she said it.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm 
Chiyoko let out a light giggle at the question. "I'm not sure if looking forward is the right word. I've spent so much time getting ready for the Miai I haven't even had time to think about what the perfect spouse for Chiyoko looks like."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 pm 
Nishida paid close attention to Chiruha when she spoke of the Otori's. "You seem to know the local wildlife well Asako-san. I myself am not a good rider, but I have my tricks and knacks with animals. These Otori seem to be very intelligent, too bad they can't leave the planet. You said your father would assign one for our visit? "

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 pm 
With a slow stroll Yasuki Nakaba walks the outskirts of the boisterous tent and takes a long pause at each of the digital paintings. The young man dressed sharply in a business vest and a yasuki glow-silk blue tie. A glint of luminescent light glowing from the tie fading in and out in a digital pattern.

With arms crossed Nakaba portrays a skeptical attitude towards the illustration. A far-fetched fantasy compared to the city's state today. Still an interesting puzzle to dissect. With an unblinking stare of his pale eyes he finds amusement in attempting to calculate the costs of such urban development.

(Please PM if approaching or inviting over.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:50 pm 
Yasuki Nishida wrote:
Nishida paid close attention to Chiruha when she spoke of the Otori's. "You seem to know the local wildlife well Asako-san. I myself am not a good rider, but I have my tricks and knacks with animals. These Otori seem to be very intelligent, too bad they can't leave the planet. You said your father would assign one for our visit? "

"I do," she said with a sure nod and gave a glance around the tent. Was there anything non-alcoholic around? What were people supposed to drink with all of this conversation? "I do spend a lot of time in the wilderness when I get the chance. Despite being able to categorize most of our findings, there's still a lot to study when it comes to habitat, behaviour, life style, migration and so forth. It takes a lot but rewarding in its own way."

"I still don't know for sure, to be honest," she chuckled. "I'm just saying that I'm surprised he hasn't and I wouldn't be surprised if it was part of his scheme for everyone here. I just want to be sure that every otori and everyone is happy during their stay."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 am 
Mal-Chin smiles a little at that. "I think our data has grown leaps and bounds since you helped to popularize the necessity, Chiruha-sama. We'll get a real chance to understand the herds life cycle and migration routes should we keep it up."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:52 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
So. Many. People.

So this is what a miai-mingle was like...

Hyeon-ju got a refill of sake from a passing servant and took a bigger sip.

"So..." another sip. "Everyone excited for the miai?" She was painfully aware of how dumb the question was after she said it.

"I think I am! It's a brand new experience after all. Who knows what comes out of it! Maybe I'll end with one of the people in this tent, some still total strangers to me." He laughed, then downed his sake. Ruhe didn't consider the question dumb. Rather, one of the very basic ones which it would be a shame to gloss over. Whatever was going to happen, most likely it wouldn't happen ever again for either of them.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:11 am 
Asako Chiruha wrote:

"That's impressive Asako-san! I would love to learn more about the Otori and other wildlife, but i don't want to take to much time from you on these festivities. Do you like tea? If so, I would like to invite you for a cup tomorrow in the early afternoon. Of course only if you feel like it." he said with a grin that made it hard to tell whether it was foxish or friendly.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:48 am 
Good man, let her know you're interested. Hayato thought to himself as he fell silent to wait and see how the Asako would reply. At the very least it was more interesting then the talk about birds and surveys.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next