It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (pink tent) EE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:46 am 
Mal-Chin nods. "Hai. Though I think there's plenty that we don't need first hand experience with. The emptiness of space is plenty proven for my curiousity." He winks at the last bit. The discussion part of a much longer one among the Asako Loremasters.

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:17 am 
Hayato offered a smile and a final bow to the trio before moving towards the front of the tent contains the food. The phoenix had been nice enough, but all they seemed to talk about was work. It'd be nice to get away from it for a bit.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:55 am 
"Of course, there are still many benefits to things remaining theoretical too. I just prefer one over the other, just wherever possible and applied consideration. Admittedly, I think I've probably rambled far too long about this already." She chuckled.

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:01 pm 
Mal-Chin chuckles. "Hai. Its possible that those without our training wouldn't be as enthralled with the back and forth discussion that's been going on in the school for at least a few hundred years."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:51 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
She broke into a grin. "Exactly! Our Clans gain more if the matches we make here are happy and cooperative, as well as politically beneficial. That's something we can all think about. Making a match like that... Since it does help everyone, I think of that as part of my duty here." The gruff military demeanor didn't seem to dampen her spirits in the slightest, and the correction brings out a small chuckle, fond rather than mocking. "I... haven't fully decided on specifics yet. Obviously, there's what I've already said, but I think a spouse with complementary duties would be ideal in my particular case, who I can be at least somewhat near, and one who can help keep me focused. I intended on trying to strengthen our current alliances, but after a lot of conversations today, I think the first part is more important, since a spouse of any Clan can help us in one way or another politically."

"What about you, Akodo-san? How do you see your duty here?"

Akihiko smiles, covering a brief look of awkwardness, like he somehow hadn't expected the question to come right back to him. When he speaks his voice is softer, introspective: "I think my duty is to think more of the future than I have. Marriage, having a family--until I was directed to take leave to come here, I probably would have forgotten to list those among my duties to the clan. My childhood was very comfortable, and it helped me to do my duty well, so I hope I can do that for children of my own." Akihiko grimaces as he pauses. There's a hint he wants to say more, but no more words come.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:54 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:

"Then it's settled." Nishida took out a small holoslate where his communicator number was written down. "Please, take this, in case you need to contact me" he said giving her a small bow.

Last edited by Yasuki Nishida on Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:55 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko smiles, covering a brief look of awkwardness, like he somehow hadn't expected the question to come right back to him. When he speaks his voice is softer, introspective: "I think my duty is to think more of the future than I have. Marriage, having a family--until I was directed to take leave to come here, I probably would have forgotten to list those among my duties to the clan. My childhood was very comfortable, and it helped me to do my duty well, so I hope I can do that for children of my own." Akihiko grimaces as he pauses. There's a hint he wants to say more, but no more words come.

There's a hint of concern in her eyes, but she doesn't pursue it further... for now, anyway. Digging into people's personal business could wait until at least the second meeting. "Maybe it's easy to get wrapped up in day to day duty until you're confronted with it. I didn't have exactly that sort of upbringing, but it would be nice if my children could have something like you're describing, as well," she mused, becoming a little more thoughtful herself.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:05 pm 
Bowl of food in one hand, cup of sake in the other, Hayato made his way to an empty table and took a seat. There was food now, and a few people to observe and for the moment he was content.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:08 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:

There's a hint of concern in her eyes, but she doesn't pursue it further... for now, anyway. Digging into people's personal business could wait until at least the second meeting. "Maybe it's easy to get wrapped up in day to day duty until you're confronted with it. I didn't have exactly that sort of upbringing, but it would be nice if my children could have something like you're describing, as well," she mused, becoming a little more thoughtful herself.

Akihiko looks at the ground for a moment as Shizuku speaks, but then looks at her with a warm smile, head still slightly bowed as he lets her into his thoughts just a bit: "I think it can be dangerous for a soldier to think too much about the future. When any battle could be the last... Making plans can be dangerous." The last words come out very quiet, but with conviction. Akihiko's eyes are steady, like he has been told something is dangerous, but he has decided to do it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko looks at the ground for a moment as Shizuku speaks, but then looks at her with a warm smile, head still slightly bowed as he lets her into his thoughts just a bit: "I think it can be dangerous for a soldier to think too much about the future. When any battle could be the last... Making plans can be dangerous." The last words come out very quiet, but with conviction. Akihiko's eyes are steady, like he has been told something is dangerous, but he has decided to do it anyway.

She listened quietly as he spoke, nodding a little. "I can imagine how one might come to that idea. I know how close at hand death always is," she admitted. It was the tone of someone who might be more familiar with that feeling than most. "Doing dangerous but necessary things is a soldier's life, I suppose. So, here we are."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:33 am 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
She listened quietly as he spoke, nodding a little. "I can imagine how one might come to that idea. I know how close at hand death always is," she admitted. It was the tone of someone who might be more familiar with that feeling than most. "Doing dangerous but necessary things is a soldier's life, I suppose. So, here we are."

Akihiko looks into Shizuku's eyes with a beaming smile. "Yes." There's a moment. A hand slowly starts to reach toward the Crane, but then the Lion catches himself. "Ahhh," he runs his fingers through his hair, his eyes flashing to the ground before returning to Shizuku. "Daidoji Shizuku-san, ahem, I'm sorry. We are perhaps having a more personal conversation than is appropriate fora welcoming banquet." His words are quiet but urgent. Akihiko forces some composure, though his eyes betray that he wants to continue the conversation.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:49 am 
"Hm, oh, of course. Thank you," Chiruha took the offered holo slate offered by the Yasuki with a dip of her head like it was a business card and pocketed it in her many jumpsuit pockets when it was offered. "I'm sure there won't be any issues before our meeting but I'll let you know if anything comes up."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:05 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko looks into Shizuku's eyes with a beaming smile. "Yes." There's a moment. A hand slowly starts to reach toward the Crane, but then the Lion catches himself. "Ahhh," he runs his fingers through his hair, his eyes flashing to the ground before returning to Shizuku. "Daidoji Shizuku-san, ahem, I'm sorry. We are perhaps having a more personal conversation than is appropriate fora welcoming banquet." His words are quiet but urgent. Akihiko forces some composure, though his eyes betray that he wants to continue the conversation.

She chuckled a little at that, but her cheeks had turned a little pink at his hand moving toward her. She shook it off - it wasn't like her to feel flustered, how strange - and smiled brightly. "You're right, but it's okay. Let's take the opportunity to plan for a better time and place, then. I'd really like to continue talking to you. Would you like to meet me for dinner the day after tomorrow?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:24 am 
Akihiko smiles and nods, clearly relieved. "Yes, definitely," he said, voice still a little husky. He clears his throat. "I'd like that."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am 
Mal-Chin steps forward a moment, now that people have largely quieted in his corner. "Hello guests of Asakaze! Hi! I'm Asako Mal-Chin. I have some documents I can send you and a survey meant to help everyone in the miai. If you'd like to fill it out, please let me know?" He bows after his statement, and then goes back to get a cup of sake.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:02 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko smiles and nods, clearly relieved. "Yes, definitely," he said, voice still a little husky. He clears his throat. "I'd like that."

"I'm really happy to hear that," she replied, trying to control the level of smile to her usual level of brightness and almost succeeding. Yes, she was always always honest, but decorum was still a thing.

You're a Crane, find small talk, quick! Wait, maybe he wants to talk to someone else? Her thoughts flurried for a moment until she finally said, "Ah, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time, Akodo-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
"I'm really happy to hear that," she replied, trying to control the level of smile to her usual level of brightness and almost succeeding. Yes, she was always always honest, but decorum was still a thing.

You're a Crane, find small talk, quick! Wait, maybe he wants to talk to someone else? Her thoughts flurried for a moment until she finally said, "Ah, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time, Akodo-sama?"

Akihiko smiles a little blankly, as though he missed the question, but recovers quickly: "I'm... not very good at making spare time. I typically tag along with whatever my squadron mates are doing when I don't have somewhere to be. Or I'll play some Fantasy Fight, to keep my mind sharp for combat by giving it a different kind of challenge. Console, cards, whatever's available..." Akihiko trails off a little, sensing this isn't a great answer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:47 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko smiles a little blankly, as though he missed the question, but recovers quickly: "I'm... not very good at making spare time. I typically tag along with whatever my squadron mates are doing when I don't have somewhere to be. Or I'll play some Fantasy Fight, to keep my mind sharp for combat by giving it a different kind of challenge. Console, cards, whatever's available..." Akihiko trails off a little, sensing this isn't a great answer.

If he was expecting that to me the wrong answer, he was likely shocked by the turn of events that followed. Shizuku's eyes lit up and practically sparkled at his answer. "You like games, too? I mean, I make them more than playing them much, but still! I really want to learn Fantasy Fight better... I'd like to study the mechanics."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:54 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
"Hm, oh, of course. Thank you," Chiruha took the offered holo slate offered by the Yasuki with a dip of her head like it was a business card and pocketed it in her many jumpsuit pockets when it was offered. "I'm sure there won't be any issues before our meeting but I'll let you know if anything comes up."

"Splendid" he said giving her bow. "But please excuse me now, there are so many people too meet and so much to do. We'll see us tomorrow"

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:19 pm 
Daidoji Shizuku wrote:
If he was expecting that to me the wrong answer, he was likely shocked by the turn of events that followed. Shizuku's eyes lit up and practically sparkled at his answer. "You like games, too? I mean, I make them more than playing them much, but still! I really want to learn Fantasy Fight better... I'd like to study the mechanics."

While Akihiko's jaw doesn't drop open, his astonishment is plain. "That's... just amazing. I mean, so you actually," the Lion's excitement gets ahead of his words, and he has to pause to sort his thoughts. "I'm not great at the game, but I enjoy it a lot. My parents sent me a few decks when I told them I enjoy it and mother was worrying that I need a hobby. It worked out well for all of us," he says cheerfully.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next