It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Pincer and Beak(Late Evening Day 2 EXPECTING)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:16 am 
"It may not be my choice Hida-san," Ishiyo rubs her check and smiles nervously, "I mean...I am a very attractive prize foh the Spideh or Mantis. I have some measure of fame accrued on my own terms, my fatheh is a very important man, my line is prestigious...a pleasing bauble foh any wanting to increase theih own standing."

"But even if it was my choice....if the Spideh in question would let me keep flying and it benefited the clan...what otheh options do I have? Duty is Duty."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:24 am 
Akemi's brain was just frying:

"But... But...

You are a jewel. You said yourself so. So what does the Spider have to offer that could be worthy of you? And what would gain the Phoenix by supporting such a deal?"

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:48 am 
"I would think calling me a jewel a bit much Hida-san," A nervous laugh escaped her lips, "As for what do they have? Well a stable alliance at the moment and a powerful military. Not that my marriage would be more then just anotheh little strand that binds it together. I would prefeh to remain Crane as I said, but who is to say how it will all end. Maybe the Imperial or Lion will take me to spite the Spider, maybe Benten will take hold of my heart and direct me elsewhere?"

"And the Phoenix's gain...well they have a large number of Spiders here so it is inevitable that one or more of them will be married with the Phoenix's blessing. They gain some favoh that could be traded for anotheh favoh. Court politics and the webs of favohs and gifts and offehs is complicated."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:10 am 
Akemi looked at her with eyes as wide as faucets:

"But you realize that awaits you if you join the Spider right? You will die. Like, for real.

Either the Crab wins the war – and let's face it, that's the most likely outcome as we have a pretty good track record against the Shadowlands in all its forms – and you will be a casualty. Or the Spider wins – somehow – and then end of the life as we know it, and of yours by the way.

These pretty boys they send to social events? They're just a facade. Most of their owns are zombies and they won't keep the charade any longer if there is no force in the galaxy to oppose their anti-life goals."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 am 
Ishiyo presses her lips into a flat line, "The Child of Heaven himself sanctions them Hida-san. I believe you may be over stating the situation. I know theih founding was....troubled but it was blessed by Iweko I herself, and none of heh descendants have seen fit to revoke theih status."

"As foh my own death...I am samurai, death has been my companion from birth. Today, tomorrow. In battle oh in my sleep. But Duty is always the greatest weight on my life and one must do as it demands."

She looked down at the table, "Given ouh clans feelings on these mattehs...perhaps we not ruin dinneh with furtheh discussion on them. I would prefeh if we can be friends now and not worry if we must be enemies lateh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:45 am 
"Fine. I mean, after all, if I want to save you, I just have to win every giant bird races or whatever the Phoenix intents to throw at us until they have no choice but to turn down whatever the Spider is offering them.

What's your opinion on this morning trial by the way? Heard rumors about it, but didn't believe them until a Phoenix official told me Jump on the bird Hida-sama!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:05 am 
"I was skeptical of the whole affaih when I heard about it." She responded coolly, then her expression softened again, "But the otori are just ador.....marvelous. And I must have done well, even some of the heimen were smiling and nodding in approval....though come to think of it most of them looked irritated about something. They really are a strange lot."

"Regardless I know seem to be in temporary possession of an otori...Uguisu."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:50 pm 
"Mine is Kuroma! They are big and mean. I love them.

Sadly, the Phoenix didn't give me any extra point for having the courage of facing such a beast.

I'm not sure what qualities they were trying to have us show today actually... That we dared get our hands dirty? That we cared for animals?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:15 pm 
"I believe the Phoenix are hoping some of us will stay on afteh the miai and join the colony. I imagine that is why the tested are handling of the otori." Ishiyo responded, her head bobbing a little as she spoke.

"It was good fun regardless. I believe tomorrow is the biathlon...so something more traditional foh bushi."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 pm 
"Biathlon is usually running and shooting... But in some places it's running and swimming... And I wouldn't be surprised if the Phoenix had cooked us a mix of two unexpected physical activities.

Remaining here hey? I suppose this comes with some benefits for those who would choose to do so? Do the Phoenix candidates come with lands and status in their downy? I strangely have no information on them. Would have thought the Phoenix would have presented its own with great pomp, but apparently not."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:18 am 
"I think the Phoenix are hoping we do not look too hard at personal benefits." She answers with a chuckle, "Though...I believe the Governeh's daughteh may be one of the candidates for marriage."

"Regardless of what events the Phoenix have planned foh the biathlon...it is not likely to go well for the courtly candidates." Ishiyo eyes her own muscles, "Although I am hardly one to talk...fighteh pilots rely more on motor control then strength...."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:52 am 
"No one can be good at everything. Some would even say the perfect spouse is the one whose talents match your weaknesses, so that you can take up anything together."

She cracked her knuckles.

"I don't fear too much tomorrow's trial, but the emphasis on physical resistance so far is weird indeed. Maybe the Phoenix are trying to show off by underlining how hard it is to live here, and how awesome they are for succeeding at that?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:02 am 
“Or they just want to know who would be a good fit foh life out here.” Ishiyo answers with a chuckle. “In truth...if it is marching and shooting, then I have not done anything like that since flight school. I just hope I do not embarrass myself.”

“And I suppose having someone that helped coveh my weaknesses would be a good idea.” She shrugs, “But I honestly do not think I will be around them much. As soon as this is over I will ask to be sent back to my squadron. I feah a lonely life may be in store foh anyone who marries me.”

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:14 am 
"Not necessarily true. You could marry a pilot or a mechanic."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:02 am 
"Marry...a pilot?" Ishiyo had a dumb founded look on her face, having clearly never considered that.

"I mean if that were the case, we might not be in the same squadron. Oh in the same fleet."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:09 pm 
"Maybe. But maybe they'll do. You shouldn't close so fast the possibility to find someone here who will share your life for real. Especially as the Unicorn and the Crab seem to have brought in quite the number of talented pilots and engineers."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:58 pm 
"And the Lion," Ishiyo adds with a small almost wistful smile, "But the Crab have as well?" Her eyes light up again. "I would not mind to meet the individual. I have spoken to the Unicorn and Akodo-sama, but did not even realize you-eh own clan had sent a flyeh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:12 pm 
"Kuni Koryn. I think he also shares a room with a Utaku pilot actually.

I... I'll confess I don't know much about the two of them outside of their name and occupation. But if they've been selected for this miai which seem to be overflowing with prestigious characters, I guess they both must be exceptional in their own right."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:44 pm 
"Interesting, thank you. If you see them would you please pass on my wishes to meet?"

"I would consideh it a personal favoh."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:46 pm 
"My grandpa would say A favor from a Doji is worth a thousand koku. It probably works for Daidoji too.

But sure! I'll put you too in contact. Do you wish that I give him you com' number, or should we keep with old-fashion servant-arranged meetings for now?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next