It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A bit of this, A bit of that. (Day 5 LA, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:36 am 
"That's wise, it's pretty easy to get stuck in your opinions after all. To not consider new information as it arrives."

The next stop was linens? "What do you think a simple single colored blanket, or a bit mkre elaborate?" Hayato asked picking at the corner of a simple beige blanket.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"That's wise, it's pretty easy to get stuck in your opinions after all. To not consider new information as it arrives."

The next stop was linens? "What do you think a simple single colored blanket, or a bit mkre elaborate?" Hayato asked picking at the corner of a simple beige blanket.

"I am completely open minded."

Look left, look right

"I suppose it depends on what it is for....but you can never go wrong with beige, it is simple and reliable. Name one time beige would not have suited."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am 
"Swimwear?" Hayato replied after a moment. "But It's to put on top of the tarp, to make someplace comfortable to sit and escape the dampness of the ground."

"You're sure i shouldn't go with baby blue?" He asked, it was after all the days lucky color.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Swimwear?" Hayato replied after a moment. "But It's to put on top of the tarp, to make someplace comfortable to sit and escape the dampness of the ground."

"You're sure i shouldn't go with baby blue?" He asked, it was after all the days lucky color.

Blink "But my swimwear is beige..."
It was so sensible!

"Baby blue would...not be innapropriate, but it might clash a little depending on where you are thinking of placing the tarp. On a beach? Acceptable, in the jungle...more striking."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:49 am 
Hayato glanced her way. "Really? Have you never had the problem where it comes off almost mayching your skin tone?"

At her words though he nodded. "You make a valid point, it seems baby blue is out, and beige is back in."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:52 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Hayato glanced her way. "Really? Have you never had the problem where it comes off almost mayching your skin tone?"

At her words though he nodded. "You make a valid point, it seems baby blue is out, and beige is back in."

Shoan's eye flicker down to her tanned skin, over to the beige cloth and then back to Hayato
"...why would that be a problem?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:18 am 
"Well." He followed her gaze for a moment, trying not to smile. "Because in the right, or we might say wrong light. It could appear that one isn't wearing swimwear at all."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:19 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well." He followed her gaze for a moment, trying not to smile. "Because in the right, or we might say wrong light. It could appear that one isn't wearing swimwear at all."

Shoan's expression slowly hardens into a frown
"....In hindsight, that explains many things. Very well, I no longer have any swim wear".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 am 
"We can maybe pick you up one while we're out and about if you like." He offered the woman a sly smile. "I did say I may buy you something cute after all."

Picking up the beige blanket, he tossed it over his arm and started moving towards the register. "There is a department store not far from here after all."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:44 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"We can maybe pick you up one while we're out and about if you like." He offered the woman a sly smile. "I did say I may buy you something cute after all."

Picking up the beige blanket, he tossed it over his arm and started moving towards the register. "There is a department store not far from here after all."

Double eyebrow raise
"Then you might have to guess my size, some might say that is more suicidal than brave."

Followng him towards the register she nods
"May I ask what your plan is regarding the tarp and cloth? A camping expedition?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:02 pm 
"Or I could just help you pick it out." He replied somewhat amused. "No numbers need be divulged that way. " making his purchases he glanced her way. "Still, probably best to go with something else."

Taking the bag from the staff he shrugged. "I'd say its more like a picnic. It could be used for camping though, if there ever was a group that decided to try that here."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:03 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Or I could just help you pick it out." He replied somewhat amused. "No numbers need be divulged that way. " making his purchases he glanced her way. "Still, probably best to go with something else."

Taking the bag from the staff he shrugged. "I'd say its more like a picnic. It could be used for camping though, if there ever was a group that decided to try that here."

"I leave it in your hands, I would not presume to spend your clan's money."
Or indeed any money, technically

She nods at his reply, very sensible
"That is not a bad idea at all, if you could find the right place away from the monsters."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:38 pm 
"Well that's only one of the problems." Hayato replied with an amused smile on his lips. "The other being what our hosts might think if a group of single samurai make off into the wilderness and don't return til morning."

"That unfortunately means camping is likely out."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:40 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Well that's only one of the problems." Hayato replied with an amused smile on his lips. "The other being what our hosts might think if a group of single samurai make off into the wilderness and don't return til morning."

"That unfortunately means camping is likely out."

Shoan's face is impassive for a few moments until:
"...Ah, I see. I suppose it would have to be a sizable group then, to ensure propriety."
Where other samurai really prone to such behaviour?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:30 pm 
"Pretty much, because even if nothing happened it's easy to get the wrong impresson of a situation like that." At least it was for some. "You'd probably want to go to the phoenix and work something out, and they'd probably want to send a representitive along."

"It's possible but alot of work, and by the end of it, it might not even be much fun anymore."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:35 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Pretty much, because even if nothing happened it's easy to get the wrong impresson of a situation like that." At least it was for some. "You'd probably want to go to the phoenix and work something out, and they'd probably want to send a representitive along."

"It's possible but alot of work, and by the end of it, it might not even be much fun anymore."

"It's the sort of thing I might enjoy organising, but I don't know enough of the right samurai, and I don't think most of the ones I know would want to come."

With just a hint of sorrow
"Camping is perhaps a bridge too far, such are the demands of Bushido."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:12 pm 
"Such are the demands of Bushido." Hayato aggred with a nod.

"Though maybe you can put something together that is a little like camping? A hike or somethign of that sort, with a bit of cookign done outdoors?" Not that he really understood what kind of risks that may hold. "People may be more apt to go to somethign like that? Maybe?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:16 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Such are the demands of Bushido." Hayato aggred with a nod.

"Though maybe you can put something together that is a little like camping? A hike or somethign of that sort, with a bit of cookign done outdoors?" Not that he really understood what kind of risks that may hold. "People may be more apt to go to somethign like that? Maybe?"

"Perhaps, I am told there is a beach that could serve. A good hike followed by food and relaxation there could work. Although one must always be careful on a sandy beach, a beige wearing samurai might disappear entirely."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:21 pm 
"Quite possibly." He agreed with a soft chuckle. "Though a bit of investigation would likely be in order to see if the beach was swimwear worthy."

"Even it it's not though I'm sure it would be a nice place to spend some time." If the Phoenix didn't fix this lack of accceptable beaches problem, no mantis was likely to ever stay... Which may actually be the point of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:24 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Quite possibly." He agreed with a soft chuckle. "Though a bit of investigation would likely be in order to see if the beach was swimwear worthy."

"Even it it's not though I'm sure it would be a nice place to spend some time." If the Phoenix didn't fix this lack of accceptable beaches problem, no mantis was likely to ever stay... Which may actually be the point of it.

Hmmmm
"That is fair, it would be a poor death to be eaten by some kind of monster while wearing unflattering swimwear....I remain skeptical of Asakaze as a planet with long term potential as a miai site."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next