It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A bit of this, A bit of that. (Day 5 LA, expecting)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:30 pm 
"I thought you needed swimwear in order for it to be unflattering." He mused, an amused smile on his lips. Though her thoughts about the validity of Asakaze as a place for futures miai's was in his mind spot on. "You're right though, all swimming will be regulated to the pool at the sports center."

"Which is too bad, you really can't have a cook out at a pool in a place like that."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:32 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I thought you needed swimwear in order for it to be unflattering." He mused, an amused smile on his lips. Though her thoughts about the validity of Asakaze as a place for futures miai's was in his mind spot on. "You're right though, all swimming will be regulated to the pool at the sports center."

"Which is too bad, you really can't have a cook out at a pool in a place like that."

"Well, dying in unflattering swimwear is probably preferable to dying nude, in most cases, I will grant you, not all."

Shaking her head at the mention of the sports centre
"That build depresses me, the thought of a knot of samurai attempting a picnic there is...not a happy one."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:40 pm 
"Now you have me curious as to what cases you think dying nude would be preferable to dying in unflattering swimwear. I suppose that's another mystery for me to complicate though." He eyed Shoan for a moment. "Any more and we may have to get you some sunglasses."

"I know what you mean though. I'd almost want to try and rent out the entire bath house and have the picnic there instead."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:44 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Now you have me curious as to what cases you think dying nude would be preferable to dying in unflattering swimwear. I suppose that's another mystery for me to complicate though." He eyed Shoan for a moment. "Any more and we may have to get you some sunglasses."

"I know what you mean though. I'd almost want to try and rent out the entire bath house and have the picnic there instead."

"I own a lovely pair of sunglasses, having triumphed in the arcade, they have proven surprisingly useful so far and will doubtless do so again. As for the swimwear...consider. When you die do you want the first reaction of those who find you to be 'Oh no! They're dead!' or 'Oh no! They were killed in some strange clothes'. It might taint the memory a little if unattractive swim wear played a part."

Thinking to the bathhouse
"Hai, that would be a better location I think, maybe even in the evening once it has cooled. Although doubtless some samurai would attempt to turn it into a 'pool party'. "

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:56 pm 
"Both are likely better then 'Oh No! Why are they naked in the middle of the forest?'." Hayato joked. "I suppose you have a point though, the specifics of the circumstances really do matters."

"Probably right about that, and it'd get even more awkward if some of those present decided they wanted an actual bath." He at least didn't beleive he had met anyone who would insist on that though.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Both are likely better then 'Oh No! Why are they naked in the middle of the forest?'." Hayato joked. "I suppose you have a point though, the specifics of the circumstances really do matters."

"Probably right about that, and it'd get even more awkward if some of those present decided they wanted an actual bath." He at least didn't beleive he had met anyone who would insist on that though.

Shoan makes a small snort cough sound that could be a smothered laugh

"Yes, yes exactly."

Clearing her throat
"Surely you had more than just the one errand Tsuruchi-san, or was it truly a tarp focused expedition?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:21 pm 
Truth of it was that he had become a bit distracted, but that happened right. "Next on the list is a cooler, then maybe renting one of those Atv's?" He hadn't decided if he was going to go through with that though.

"Might stop by the department store too, though that might be able to wait."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:24 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Truth of it was that he had become a bit distracted, but that happened right. "Next on the list is a cooler, then maybe renting one of those Atv's?" He hadn't decided if he was going to go through with that though.

"Might stop by the department store too, though that might be able to wait."

"Ah, an ATV? That would be a good choice, quite a committment though."
Shoan's town contained a little '....the Mantis, always so rich'.

"Doubtless you could use it to drive people to the department store, although maybe it never even goes near it. I'm sure it can be difficult for cars to make up their minds."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:38 pm 
"I suppose it should be considered more then just a miscellaneous expense." He sometimes forgot just how much more his stipend was then others, it was something he could probably a be a bit more mindful of.

The Mantis chuckled softly. "Especially when there is someone else always making the decisions for them. Not even caring if the car wants to go to the garden or the department store."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:43 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I suppose it should be considered more then just a miscellaneous expense." He sometimes forgot just how much more his stipend was then others, it was something he could probably a be a bit more mindful of.

The Mantis chuckled softly. "Especially when there is someone else always making the decisions for them. Not even caring if the car wants to go to the garden or the department store."

"I think you have described the different between samurai and car. A samurai chooses, a car obeys. I think I prefer samurai.""

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:48 pm 
He offered the Lion an amused smile as he led her into a sporting goods store. "Does that mean you prefer dating samurai over cars?"

"Or do you just prefer being a samurai over being a car?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He offered the Lion an amused smile as he led her into a sporting goods store. "Does that mean you prefer dating samurai over cars?"

"Or do you just prefer being a samurai over being a car?"

Glancing around, her eyes briefly resting on the baseball gear before turning back to Hayato.
"I've never dated a car, you'll have have to tell me what that's like sometime. I've never tried being a car, except for once as a child. I recall trying to make all the noises, my teachers nearly held me back a year."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:06 pm 
"If only I could, I lack experience in that department as well. The closest i've come is going on a date in a car." Which could of very well been uncomfortable for the car, well if you took their line of conversation seriously.

That honestly seemed like something normal for a child. were the lion stricter with that sort of thing. Or was it much later in her schooing then her expected? It was probably best not to ask. "Well, at least you overcame that hurdle."

"Is there anything you want to look at while we are here?" He motioned towards the baseball gear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"If only I could, I lack experience in that department as well. The closest i've come is going on a date in a car." Which could of very well been uncomfortable for the car, well if you took their line of conversation seriously.

That honestly seemed like something normal for a child. were the lion stricter with that sort of thing. Or was it much later in her schooing then her expected? It was probably best not to ask. "Well, at least you overcame that hurdle."

"Is there anything you want to look at while we are here?" He motioned towards the baseball gear.

Deadpan "Oh? Perhaps I have been acting like a car the entire time and you have just not noticed"

Nodding at his gesture
"Only if it will not delay you Tsuruchi-san. I have not considered the sport at before given its origins but....perhaps I have been overly hasty."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:25 pm 
He laughed at that, the Ikoma could be pretty funny when she had a midn to. "Now I understand why you're worried about getting lingerie from your mechanic Ikoma-san."

"But I don't mind, I'm in no hurry after all." The Wasp said, moving towards the baseball section. "Find a new appreciation for the sport?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:30 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
He laughed at that, the Ikoma could be pretty funny when she had a midn to. "Now I understand why you're worried about getting lingerie from your mechanic Ikoma-san."

"But I don't mind, I'm in no hurry after all." The Wasp said, moving towards the baseball section. "Find a new appreciation for the sport?"

Shoan snorts a little more loudly this time, turning a way for a moment ro reset her On

"Yes...Quite."
Shoan had decided the Wasp was droll in the best possible way.

"Yes, surprisingly. I played an arcade game version of it and found it....not unpleasant. I particularly like the striking of the ball."

She selects a metal bat and gives it a few experimental strokes accompanied by the whir of air.
"Hmmmm"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:55 pm 
Somehow that was not surprising considering the woman was a lion. "Ah, I'm happy you found somethign you liked." He replied, his eyes lingering on the bat she was swining for a moments.

"I used to play a bit of baseball myself when I was younger. Though I was never especially good at it." It wasn't really his favorite sport after all.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
Somehow that was not surprising considering the woman was a lion. "Ah, I'm happy you found somethign you liked." He replied, his eyes lingering on the bat she was swining for a moments.

"I used to play a bit of baseball myself when I was younger. Though I was never especially good at it." It wasn't really his favorite sport after all.

"It would probably be unfair for you to be both a master marksman and a baseball pro, there is only so much talent to go around."
A few more swings and a nod, the balance seemed appropriate, although it would be nice if the bat was heavier

"I think I'll take it."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:14 pm 
"You may be right there, though i think there are a few people out there with more then their fair share of talents." Not that it was likely wise to be jealous about it.

"Satisfaction after trying just one?" Well nothing wrong with that. "Want to get some balls to go along with it?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:17 pm 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"You may be right there, though i think there are a few people out there with more then their fair share of talents." Not that it was likely wise to be jealous about it.

"Satisfaction after trying just one?" Well nothing wrong with that. "Want to get some balls to go along with it?"

"Uh...yes, that makes sense. Although at that point I'll need a pitcher."
The Murame scoops up a tube of balls in her spare hand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next