It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Obligation Or.... (Day 4 Early AFternoon, Expecting)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:44 am 
Hayato wasn't quite sure thats what it was, but jigoku it was hard to tell what people were thinking sometimes. "I suppose that could be. They certainly seemed... charged." You probably shouldn't say horny on a date.

"It seems we have come across similar circumstances then, Utaku-san. As I do enjoy your company as well, and I find the circumstances the relationship our clans are in more then a little bit unfortunate."

He reached up and ran his hand through his hair, a wry smile making it onto his lips. "Sometimes I wonder if things would be easier if I wasn't doing so well."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:58 am 
Now that gave her pause in her eating. Well, he looked handsome doing that move, but it was more what he was saying.

"... Oh? I admit, you have made me rather curious now, Tsuruchi-san." Was he looking for a way out?

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:34 am 
"It's mostly just a passing thought." Damn but he wanted a smoke. This wasn't the place for it though so instead he brought his coffee cup to his lips and took a long sip.

"I like to think of myself as a dutiful samurai and more then that a dutiful son, Utaku-san. " He let out a slow breath his gaze drifting down to his plate. "Which means i will try my best and make the choice I think is best for my clan." The Mantis frowned for a moment. "Whether it be harmonious or not, as difficult as I find that to swallow."

There was a lingering pause before he continued. "I'm just not completely fond of the idea... So my mind will wander into the what if's from time to time."

He glanced back up towards the Unicorn that same wry smile returning to his lips. "Does that answer satisfy your curiosity, Utaku-san?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:15 am 
It was a good thing that chewing was a perfectly valid excuse to not saying anything at all, but she nodded along slowly, to show she was listening... and that she could understand.

Being torn between personal opinions and duty... she was not envying that. And she could respect that he was concerned with the well-being of his clan. In fact, her estimation of him probably increased a bit more then.

"It does," she remarked, a bit quiet as her fingers rubbed the rim of her coffee-glass. "I can understand such thoughts."

Lifting up her iced coffe again, the lower part of her face was slightly obscured as she spoke, carefully neutral in her tone. "Would be a shame if you had to marry out then, I guess."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:27 am 
He paused a few moments to partake in his meal, wondering how much more he should say. "That depends upon who you might ask."

"We touched on this a bit when last we spoke." A slow sip of coffee. "About our opinions of leaving our families. Well, i shared with you some of my thoughts, but not the entirety of my situation."

"You see, I come from money as I said, my fathers the current president of Haruto Arms." Not a huge weapons manufacturer but a name that those in the business world may recognize. "Sadly I have little in the way of business acumen, and one of my younger sisters is likely to inherit. Its my fathers belief that me marrying out would clear the way for them, and make the transition easier."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:48 am 
Well, that certainly put an interesting spin on it...

"I see... it certainy adds another layer to your situation." She considered it carefully, but... no, she wasn't going to make any rash decisions here. But it would certainly be food for thought.

Hyeon-ju gave him a rueful smile. "I feel like I might be starting to envy those who just get ordered to marry a certain person. They at least just have to obey an order. It is both a blessing and a curse to have the freedom we currently do have; a blessing to be able to influence our married lives, and a curse to possibly be bogged down by the many elements of our choices."

Goodness, she understood now why matchmakers were still around after all this time.

"At the very least, I can promise you now, Tsuruchi-san, that if it would happen that I end up ahead of you in this contest, I would never choose you if that is not what you want. My respect for you is too great for me to do that. If I would... I cannot yet say for certain - that is my flaw of trying too hard to analyze the situation."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:43 pm 
"Those thoughts nearly echo my own of late, Utaku-san." He offered in return, a soft chuckle making it's way from his lips. Those say lips curled into a smile a few moments later as he continued. "I think for the moment, I will try and count my blessings though and try not to get too bogged down in everything that choosing might entail.

He dipped his head in thanks at her words, that was a type of promise that most could not easily make. "I do not fault you for being unable to make a chocie so early Utaku-san. Or even being able to say if you would." A mischevious glint made it's way into his grey eyes. "I don't believe I am anywhere near charming enough for that.... Most days."

"But thank you." He dipped his head in thanks again. "That is a kindness, and one I feel obliged to return to you. I will never choose you, if that's not what you want. Though much like you I can't say for certain I would. Not yet.
There are still many things I need to figrue out."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:36 am 
"Thank you, Tsuruchi-san." Actually, that exchange of promises did make her feel a little less stressed about the situation.

Maybe she'd just have to continue and do better in these contests, to be considered one of the most eligible bachelorettes. She didn't quite smile, but her features softened a little, showing that she seemed more at ease after some honesty and putting some of the cards on the table.

"But I'll give you credit that you are a... reasonably charming man," she said calmly even as she was giving him a compliment. "I suppose we shall have to see where things stand at the end, after all these contests have been overcome. How do you think you will fare in the challenges ahead?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:58 am 
Hayato smirked at her complimen, unable to help it "I suppose reasonablly charming at least s a small chance with beautiful." He mused playfully, almost like he was caluclating odds.

His expression soft and he reached again for his sandwich as they drifted away from that particular angle of conversation. "A lot depends on how the events unfold. As well as how successful I'll be in my efforts. I'm not sure i'll ever do as well as I did in the biathlon, but I won't say it is completely out of the question."

"Do you give yourself good odds at placing well in the near future?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:30 am 
"If there will be a chance for piloting and tactical skill, I think I will have a chance to place high. I just need to compete with the other pilots here, including my wingmate Shinjo Yul." Which was a challenge in itself. "I feel confident about tomorrow's hunt as well."

She picked up her own sandwich again too, with the conversation becoming less serious again and more relaxed. More casual.

"But who knows, I am certain there will be many wild cards in these contests. Many hidden talents and some lucky ones too. Can't deny that luck has a certain factor that is hard to take into account."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:02 am 
"That's true, luck always has its place." He glanced towards her eyes for a moment the teal was slightly close to harlequin, but he couldn't help but wonder what would of changed if his horoscope had said hazel.

"So I'll wish you the best of luck in any tests of piloting skills, I'm not to skilled at those myself." A man could only have so many talents. "Hunt results i'll look forward to compare though, and all this talk we make of wagers almost tempts me to make another bet."

He flashed a playful grin. "Though those can probably wait for when next we meet."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:18 am 
"Mm, that might give me time to think of what I should wager..." she smirked in response to grin. "But I am looking forward to how well you will do in the hunt. Is it something you have much experience with?"

Her sandwich was almost finished after a few more bites.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:24 am 
"Somewhat? I'm not especially skilled at stalking, but the rest of it I have some experience in. I'm more the type of hunter that stops and waits though looking for m opportunity."

His own meal was almost complete, but he paused a moment to think. "My wager, I suppose it should go without saying that anything inappropriate is off the table."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:03 am 
"Of course." Judging by her expression, she wouldn't have tolerated such.

Hyeon-ju very much carried the old legacy of Battle Maidens in her mannerism.

"I would never dare to ask of anything inappropriate." How uncivilized. "Something more like I will treat you to a dinner, or buy you a new outfit... that seems more appropriate."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:50 am 
He could only pray she didn't try to get him to buy her a new outfit. If Hayato was knew one thing it was he would never be as fashion forward as the Utaku.

"That does sound good." Hayato agreed with a nod. He was fond of an excuse to go on another date with the Unicorn. "I'll think of something and have it ready for when we meet again. In a few days?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:10 am 
Little did he know, she actually did consider something like that, but only to test his tastes in fashion... she could easily buy clothes herself. Unicorn money went a long way.

"That sounds good. I'm sure you'll think of something." She smirked. "I think I have some ideas myself... but I will tell you next time."

The sandwich was finished and washed down with some of the iced coffee. There was still some of that left at the end.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 am 
"Next time." He picked up his cup of coffee, looking at the content, then eying Hyeon-ju with something of a mischievous light in his eyes.

"I don't suppose pretending to nurse this coffee another half hour will extend this date as long will it?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:23 am 
"It doesn't have to be over just yet. Though in time, mine will be warm, and yours will be cold." Her eyebrows rose slightly with amusement.

"But a small sacrifice I can make I suppose. Perhaps Tsuruchi-san can tell me more about his family? We should learn a bit more about eachother at a miai, no?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:08 pm 
Hayato didn't feel the need to point out the fact that both of their glasses were almost empty, just chuckled softly and shook his head.

"My immediate family?" He leaned he leaned back in his chair eyes drifting towards the cieling for a moment. "There are five of us, my Father, Mother and me as well as my two younger sisters." He offered the woman across from him a wry smile. "I should likely point out my sisters are twins... and were quite the handful growing up." Honestly they still were.

"My father's Tsuruchi Itsuki, Current president of Haruto Arms, and my mother his wife is Tsuruchi Ayame, she married in from the Yoritomo. Both on them are good parents, kind in their own ways, though my father can be a little demanding." As she could likely imagine. "Haurmi and Natsumi are my younger sisters, just recently turned seventeen. Like my father, they both have an excellent head for busniess, and like I said one of them is likely to inherit his postion. Though knowing them they might try and find a way to share it."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:19 pm 
She nodded, trying to imagine what family life must be like among the Mantis as she listened to him. "Sounds rough, being the oldest. With the expectations and responsibilities. I'm the middle-child, so I can't quite relate."

A parent being demanding seemed pretty normal to her. Wasn't that the job of parents?

"Are your sisters married yet?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next