It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 am 
With slightly wounded pride, Hoshiko made her way to where the others were watching from. She stretched a bit and leaned against the fence.

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:03 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"Ah.. Then I'll have to assert the same, Doji-san. I'm Tsuruchi
Hayato a simple bushi from my clan, and don't warrant any special honorific."

"True enough." He agree with a warm smile. "From what I understand they share some sort of bond with each other as well, and don't do well if long separated from their herd."

She took a moment to watch the birds, a yellow, unopened fan making an appearance as she taps it against her chin, before Hakka turned her attention back to Hayato. "Would it be a metaphor for the power of family and kinship in regards to the life of a samurai, or, is that something a little to profound to put upon what is simply their nature?"

A tap. "I am unsure if even I can continue on with that and maintain my On. It sounds rather stretched and ridiculous and I was the one who said it." The fan flicked open and Hakka covered her face, though her shoulders moved slightly as if in silent laughter at herself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:11 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"If Daigotsu-sama needs someone to shuttle him around, I would not mind volunteering my skill as a pilot."

Shokomaru sat up straight, folding his arms and thought about it. He looked up at the sky, it was a big place. Space bigger still. The Utaku was a skyrider, true...their people had been flying for thousands of years now. Well, he'd given it thought.

"Alright, early afternoon. Tomorrow. Would you like to look at their craft together, or is that something a pilot has to do on their own?"

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 am 
Well that was certainly a much quicker reaction than she expected.

"I have already inspected the vehicles and aircrafts available for rental here." Almost first thing she had done once she hit planet-side, really. "They are suitable for travel, and can take up to four people in total, including the pilot, though they are not equipped for combat should something occur in the wild lands outside. Does Daigotsu-sama have any plans of bringing anyone else on his excursion...? They are not cheap rentals, so it seems logical that people will group together for the cost."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:23 am 
"Sounds like a lovely time. You two enjoy the open skies." Nakaba rises from his seat, bows, and dismisses himself. He begins to head towards the available birbs but then nopes right out of there to distract himself with something else.

Doji Hakka wrote:
A tap. "I am unsure if even I can continue on with that and maintain my On. It sounds rather stretched and ridiculous and I was the one who said it." The fan flicked open and Hakka covered her face, though her shoulders moved slightly as if in silent laughter at herself.

The young crab approaching the wasp and crane. "Pardon my interruption but I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. Name's Yasuki Nakaba. Attorney of Kawakami Logistics." Another flash of a silver metal pocket case and two business cards were simultaneously handed to both of them. "Enjoying your stay on Asakaze?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:28 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
She took a moment to watch the birds, a yellow, unopened fan making an appearance as she taps it against her chin, before Hakka turned her attention back to Hayato. "Would it be a metaphor for the power of family and kinship in regards to the life of a samurai, or, is that something a little to profound to put upon what is simply their nature?"

He smirked at that, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. "Even if it were, I don't think I'd be the one to ask. But I think you're right in thinking such is more then a little far fetched."

The approaching crab got a polite bow as he came over as well as a polite smile. "Tsuruchi Hayato." He introduced himself. "And my companion is Doji Hakka." The Wasp continued extending a hand to retrieve the card. "But, yes I'm enjoying my stay thus far, its been quite nice to meet so many new faces."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:31 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I have already inspected the vehicles and aircrafts available for rental here."

I am Shokomaru's complete lack of surprise.
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"They are suitable for travel, and can take up to four people in total, including the pilot, though they are not equipped for combat should something occur in the wild lands outside. Does Daigotsu-sama have any plans of bringing anyone else on his excursion...? They are not cheap rentals, so it seems logical that people will group together for the cost."

"I heard it was cheap", he said. "Though it's true that it'd be overboard if we didn't fill some of the other seats." he said and paused a moment, as if he was going to let her suggest something.

But then kept talking.

"So you should probably pack us a pretty big picnic lunch, we'll have a lot of space to put it on."

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
The young crab approaching the wasp and crane. "Pardon my interruption but I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. Name's Yasuki Nakaba. Attorney of Kawakami Logistics." Another flash of a silver metal pocket case and two business cards were simultaneously handed to both of them. "Enjoying your stay on Asakaze?"

Hakka's eyebrow arched a degree or two, before she reached for the business card. It had to be taken with one hand, as opposed to two, after a delicate twist of her wrist had her fan now closed and slipped up her sleeve to do so. Bowing after taking a glance at the card, she said, upon straightening, "I've enjoyed it immensely. Like Tsuruchi-san mentioned, it's been a bevy of new faces to meet. And, as a fellow courtier, Yasuki-sama, I'm sure you know the importance of people."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:52 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
I am Shokomaru's complete lack of surprise.

"I heard it was cheap", he said. "Though it's true that it'd be overboard if we didn't fill some of the other seats." he said and paused a moment, as if he was going to let her suggest something.

But then kept talking.

"So you should probably pack us a pretty big picnic lunch, we'll have a lot of space to put it on."

As the Yasuki withdrew from the conversation, she looked after him leave... surprised at what was going on. Was a Crab playing wingman to a Spider? Weirder things had probably happened in the galaxy, but that surely had to rank in the Top 10?

Hyeon-ju raised an eyebrow, looking at Shokomaru with a stoic expression otherwise. "I don't recommend travelling into possibly dangerous territory without backup, Daigotsu-sama. If you have no friends to invite along, I will invite along others who have expressed interests in such an excursion."

"And I don't make lunch," she added cooly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:14 am 
"Absolutely. After all it is people and our connections that bind the empire together and must us whole. This miai is a celebration of those ties and the forging of future alliances." He speaks with strong affirmative tone then drops drops the act with a sigh and relaxes. "Really through it is nice to meet both of you. If the rest of this competition is as wild as these waggling these giant birds then it is sure to be memorable no matter the outcome. Say... I'm actually about to be called up for my turn. Ether of you wouldn't so happen to have any final words of wisdom?" He gestures behind him towards the screaming giant chickens and rapidly looks back between the two.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:20 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
Hyeon-ju raised an eyebrow, looking at Shokomaru with a stoic expression otherwise. "I don't recommend travelling into possibly dangerous territory without backup, Daigotsu-sama. If you have no friends to invite along, I will invite along others who have expressed interests in such an excursion."

"And I don't make lunch," she added cooly.

"All I'm asking is for you to bring food, who is it you'd suggest?" Sure he'd want her to cook it while humming in an apron, but he knew that was impossible from the start and silly fantasies are just for fun. He didn't seem bothered about her answering anything coolly, or giving him her recommendation he didn't ask for. He'd just wait and see how she answered and decide what to do based on that.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:21 am 
"I'd say just don't be intimidatied by they and approach them calmly." Hayato offered with a shrug. "They aren't really all that vicious, even if they might look like it." Or at least that was the Wasp's thought on the matter.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:25 am 
She easily let the matter of the lunch be forgotten for now, as it had been clarified by both, and she considered her recommendations carefully.

"I know Matsu Chiyoko of the Lion expressed an interest in taking a trip to the outer areas. I would also recommend bringing along a secondary pilot, in the off-chance that something were to happen out there. I could recommend my fellow squad-member Shinjo Yul, or current room-mate Kuni Koryn, but given the political climate I would understand if Daigotsu-sama would prefer a secondary pilot of the Spider or one of your allies."

The Utaku spoke as if she was delivering a tactical observation in a planning room, instead of standing out in the farmlands next to some giant chickens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:28 am 
Yasuki Nakaba wrote:
"Absolutely. After all it is people and our connections that bind the empire together and must us whole. This miai is a celebration of those ties and the forging of future alliances." He speaks with strong affirmative tone then drops drops the act with a sigh and relaxes. "Really through it is nice to meet both of you. If the rest of this competition is as wild as these waggling these giant birds then it is sure to be memorable no matter the outcome. Say... I'm actually about to be called up for my turn. Ether of you wouldn't so happen to have any final words of wisdom?" He gestures behind him towards the screaming giant chickens and rapidly looks back between the two.

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I'd say just don't be intimidatied by they and approach them calmly." Hayato offered with a shrug. "They aren't really all that vicious, even if they might look like it." Or at least that was the Wasp's thought on the matter.

"Keep yourself calm." the Shiba agreed. "And, keep your body loose. They react to your demeanor. And, if you're too stiff you'll both be uncomfortable."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:29 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I know Matsu Chiyoko of the Lion expressed an interest in taking a trip to the outer areas. I would also recommend bringing along a secondary pilot, in the off-chance that something were to happen out there. I could recommend my fellow squad-member Shinjo Yul, or current room-mate Kuni Koryn, but given the political climate I would understand if Daigotsu-sama would prefer a secondary pilot of the Spider or one of your allies."

"I've met Matsu Chiyoko-san, she seems nice. For second pilot, I have someone in mind, but it depends on if they're free", he said.

And suddenly this is three women and Shokomaru. And I thought the Yasuki was my wingman.

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
The Utaku spoke as if she was delivering a tactical observation in a planning room, instead of standing out in the farmlands next to some giant chickens.

She reminds me way too much of Tama-gunso right now.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:32 am 
"Likewise, it depends on Matsu-san is free, but I will send her a message to inquire." She gave a sharp nod, approving of his decision. Even if his rank mattered nothing to her chain of command, Hyeon-ju was the type to be mindful of protocol and she figured that anyone with the rank of Chuui were probably worth their salt in some way.

"I am uncertain on how the Phoenix feel about their guests going out into the area outside the perimeter, but my impression is that it's done at your own risk."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:42 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"I am uncertain on how the Phoenix feel about their guests going out into the area outside the perimeter, but my impression is that it's done at your own risk."

He waved that off.

"Yes, bring your kit. Doesn't mean you have to have lunch in your battle armor", he was hiding the severity of his disappointment pretty well, if he did say so himself.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 am 
Satoru had performed well enough to be in a decent mood even if he would be turning any heads he also wouldn't be doing so for the wrong reasons.

He wandered around looking to see who was milling about and saw a few familiar faces, any he knew and made eye contact with got a nod but he was getting his social bearings for a second.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:46 am 
"Got it! All about self control and confidence. Coooooool as a cucumber." Nakaba flashes a smile and a thumbs up. He readies himself to make the attempt but interrupts himself remembering manners. "I apologize I didn't catch your name Shiba-sama? This one is Yasuki Nakaba. Thank you for the advice." A formal bow to the clanswoman of their hosts.

Last edited by Yasuki Nakaba on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 am 
"Shiba Hoshiko." she returned the bow. "I hope you do well, Yasuki-san."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next