It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:53 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"Keep yourself calm." the Shiba agreed. "And, keep your body loose. They react to your demeanor. And, if you're too stiff you'll both be uncomfortable."

A flutter of a fan, once more in hand, before Hakka bowed towards Hoshiko. "Shiba-sama, well met this fine morning. From your words it seems that you have tested yourself against the Ootori and emerged victorious." The umbrella twirled once, slowly. "Forgive me if introductions have already been done between the two of you," she gestures to the Tsuruchi," this is Tsuruchi Hayato and I am known as Doji Hakka, of the vassal family Katogama."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:58 am 
Nakaba bows to the three in party, takes three steps, and departs to make a fool of himself against some overgrown chickens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 am 
People coming, people going. For a few moments there were several bows made as Hayato tried to keep up with the situation.

"No apologies needed, Doji-sama." Hayato replied with a easy smile to the Crane. "Shiba-sama and I have yet to become acquainted."

He bowed again to the Phoenix to serve as a greeting while he waited for the bird of the fiery variety to introduce herself.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:11 am 
"Shiba Hoshiko." She offered a bow to the Crane and to the Mantis. "I grew up with my sister on one of these ranches. I lack the skill she has with them, but I learned a few things."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:25 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
He waved that off.

"Yes, bring your kit. Doesn't mean you have to have lunch in your battle armor", he was hiding the severity of his disappointment pretty well, if he did say so himself.

"Lunching in battle armor will be just like being back on tour," she smirked briefly.

Fuck, did this mean she now had to make small talk, or was the conversation over?

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:43 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Lunching in battle armor will be just like being back on tour," she smirked briefly.

Fuck, did this mean she now had to make small talk, or was the conversation over?

"Now you know why I said don't do it", he told her with a smirk of his own. "I'll excuse you form any more discomfort though, Utaku-san. I have a bird to lose an argument with."

He then bowed ever so properly due to distance in their stations, and humped his non-animal-handling carcass down to do battle.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"Shiba Hoshiko." She offered a bow to the Crane and to the Mantis. "I grew up with my sister on one of these ranches. I lack the skill she has with them, but I learned a few things."

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Shiba-sama." Hayato offered the Phoenix, with an easy smile. "It's nice to meet another local." Perhaps this one was less inclined to chatting about work?

"It must be interesting having been raised around these creatures. Especially since them seem quite popular among your clan."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am 
"It was fun." she smiled at the herd. "But, I can't ride them to the stars. I tried a few times, though."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:03 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Now you know why I said don't do it", he told her with a smirk of his own. "I'll excuse you form any more discomfort though, Utaku-san. I have a bird to lose an argument with."

He then bowed ever so properly due to distance in their stations, and humped his non-animal-handling carcass down to do battle.

"Good luck, Daigotsu-sama," she said neutrally, offering him a bow in return.

Ah, well... why was it that the Spiders were proving more cordial and polite than the Crab, she wondered as she was now left to her own thoughts.

(Open to approach)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 am 
Chiruha wasn't dressed for riding an otori but she was fully dressed for a public appearance at the very least. As the governor's daughter, she was dressed in a traditional orange furisode kimono that likely stood out of everyone else who was in contemporary dress. She had her own otori already and was content to watch everyone compete to earn theirs, even if they suffer a few mishaps along the way. It was surprising to see more than a few samurai opt to not keep their otori, which she imagined was for a good reason. Taking care of an otori took a lot of effort and not every samurai could spare that. Perhaps, they showed greater forethought and consideration in relinquishing that opportunity.

She dress out her fan from her obi and started to fan herself. All of this silk did not fair in the hot weather. Just a few more hours...

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 pm 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Leaning against the fence, her eyes were on what was technically her competition.

A Lion in fatigue dress joins her at the fence, far enough distant to be respectful but clearly looking for her attention even before he speaks. "Congratulations, Daidoji-sama, on an excellent performance with that bird. I don't believe I can rival that, even if we were riding starfighters instead of otori." He chuckles at himself, his smile light and easy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:08 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha wasn't dressed for riding an otori but she was fully dressed for a public appearance at the very least. As the governor's daughter, she was dressed in a traditional orange furisode kimono that likely stood out of everyone else who was in contemporary dress. She had her own otori already and was content to watch everyone compete to earn theirs, even if they suffer a few mishaps along the way. It was surprising to see more than a few samurai opt to not keep their otori, which she imagined was for a good reason. Taking care of an otori took a lot of effort and not every samurai could spare that. Perhaps, they showed greater forethought and consideration in relinquishing that opportunity.

She dress out her fan from her obi and started to fan herself. All of this silk did not fair in the hot weather. Just a few more hours...

Jin let his Celestial Comet rest for a while as he joined the impromptu meeting spot, when he noticed an unfamiliar figure. Moving closer he bowed to her in greeting. "Phoenix-sama? Here to watch all the offworlders take their luck at Otori?"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm 
Chiruha turned and bowed politely at the Ujina who approached her, casting a small smile. "Good morning, Ujina-sama...This one is Asako Chiruha."

She looked at the competition in progress and chuckled, "I guess I am but also to ensure that everything goes well. While I'm pretty sure that the handlers will ensure that the otori are treated well, sometimes it helps to get more eyes on the event, ne? If nothing else, it would be good to see how some otori take to being handled by samurai who aren't local to Asakaze."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:34 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha turned and bowed politely at the Ujina who approached her, casting a small smile. "Good morning, Ujina-sama...This one is Asako Chiruha."

She looked at the competition in progress and chuckled, "I guess I am but also to ensure that everything goes well. While I'm pretty sure that the handlers will ensure that the otori are treated well, sometimes it helps to get more eyes on the event, ne? If nothing else, it would be good to see how some otori take to being handled by samurai who aren't local to Asakaze."

Jin smiled and bowed. "Ujina Jin, Asako-sama, nikutai of the 101st Drop Trooper brigade, from the 1st Spaceborne Battalion." He pet his own bird. "That is true, how one treats their lessers can inform a lot of one's character." There was some inopportune chirping coming from his pocket. "Come now, Yube, your timing is too perfect." He fished out the small, tiny monkey for Chiruha to see. "This is Yube. Are you here for the miai as well, Asako-sama?"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
A Lion in fatigue dress joins her at the fence, far enough distant to be respectful but clearly looking for her attention even before he speaks. "Congratulations, Daidoji-sama, on an excellent performance with that bird. I don't believe I can rival that, even if we were riding starfighters instead of otori." He chuckles at himself, his smile light and easy.

Hearing a voice Ishiyo turns from watching her Family mates both take birds to regard the speaker. The Crane's smile, one seen on the faces of Cranes for thousands of years, changed as she looked over the Lion. It went from mere pleasantness to what looked like actual happiness.

"Akodo-sama..." Her eyes studied the uniform a bit longer, "a Gunso yes? Forgive me, I only have passing familiarity with you-eh clan's rank insignia." After a short pause she adds, "You are a pilot." What wasn't a question.

"Daidoji Ishiyo, Nikutai of the Crane Fleet Ai-eh Arm, 312th Naval Fighteh Squadron, formerly assigned to the light carrieh *The Golden Heron*." She dipped into a bow. "A pleasure to meet you Akodo-sama."

Her own uniform had marked her as a pilot, and depending on how much the Akodo new of Crane uniforms he could tell she had at least five kills...an ace.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:13 pm 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Hearing a voice Ishiyo turns from watching her Family mates both take birds to regard the speaker. The Crane's smile, one seen on the faces of Cranes for thousands of years, changed as she looked over the Lion. It went from mere pleasantness to what looked like actual happiness.

"Akodo-sama..." Her eyes studied the uniform a bit longer, "a Gunso yes? Forgive me, I only have passing familiarity with you-eh clan's rank insignia." After a short pause she adds, "You are a pilot." What wasn't a question.

"Daidoji Ishiyo, Nikutai of the Crane Fleet Ai-eh Arm, 312th Naval Fighteh Squadron, formerly assigned to the light carrieh *The Golden Heron*." She dipped into a bow. "A pleasure to meet you Akodo-sama."

Her own uniform had marked her as a pilot, and depending on how much the Akodo new of Crane uniforms he could tell she had at least five kills...an ace.

The Lion turns fully toward her, allowing a proper bow, although he's still smiling, somewhat knowingly. "Hai, Daidoji-san. Akodo Akihiko, Gunso commanding 4th Flight, 57th 'the Long Claws' Fighter Squadron, of carrier group 'Fury of Bishamon.' Also," he gestures to a small pin on his collar, "an ace." He breaks into a wide smile, clearly joking: "Would you also like to know my call sign?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
(Open to approach)

Coming back and dusting off his cover a bit more before putting it back on, Shokomaru walked back to the Unicorn. Maybe he wasn't done taking punishment yet after all.

"Well, I think I beat your high score, Utaku-san", he said, scratching his nose, he looked a bit cheeky.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:56 pm 
The Unicorn had been watching the attempt, along with that of other people.

"Did you?" she asked. "It seemed to me you had a hard time mounting the bird."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:58 pm 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Jin smiled and bowed. "Ujina Jin, Asako-sama, nikutai of the 101st Drop Trooper brigade, from the 1st Spaceborne Battalion." He pet his own bird. "That is true, how one treats their lessers can inform a lot of one's character." There was some inopportune chirping coming from his pocket. "Come now, Yube, your timing is too perfect." He fished out the small, tiny monkey for Chiruha to see. "This is Yube. Are you here for the miai as well, Asako-sama?"

Perhaps just remembering that Jin came with companion, she gave a deep nod to address both his bird and his monkey. Her eyes did light up at the sight of the monkey and how small he was. "Well met, Yube-san....you're sooo small and cute! Where did you come from?" She asked Yube as she bent slightly so that she could see him at his level.

She looked up at Jin and giggled with a few nods. "I am...I have to be, as the daughter of the governor and your host, Asako Naokuni-dono."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:07 pm 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Did you?" she asked. "It seemed to me you had a hard time mounting the bird."

The Unicorn's humorless, nearly inhuman manner didn't seem to bother the Spider much. Maybe he was used to someone being completely blank an deadpan next to him.

"First time is a hard time", he shrugged, clearly nonplussed. "It's only a problem if you learn nothing from it."

Description
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next