It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: [D2 EA] A Minor Meeting (MCA only)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:07 pm 
He might seem over-excitable and absolutely hyper, because he was over-excitable and totally hyper, but he also knew there were reasons and responsibilities for being on Asakaze. So he had called the first meeting of the Alliance on the planet for this afternoon.

On Otoris.

No giant chicken, no entry.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

Post subject: Re: [D2 EA] A Minor Meeting (MCA only)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:09 pm 
Jin slowly rode to the designated stop on his own Otori, Celestial Comet.

"Come now....yeah, you can graze if you want." He patted the bird on its neck. "Kitsune-sama, ohayo. I see you found your own companion."

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:23 pm 
"OhiyoUjina-san!!!"

He guided Dasshu across to the Hare with the skill of someone who had no skill and just expected it to go right.

"ThisisDasshu!!"

The bird looked at the other bird more than Jin.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:18 pm 
Shion was slightly surprised to get the message on her communicator. She knew she was part of the Alliance, of course, but it wasn't something she often thought about. Hadn't ever even met people from most of the Minor Clans before coming to Asakaze.

But well... It made sense that they should discuss things. Like... Who they had liked, or who would like to marry?

Miai were interesting events, indeed...

Grinning a bit at the thought that it somewhat resembled some Miya Network shows she had worked on to up the tension and drama, she slowly guided Kurikoo to the meeting point, Stray following them on a long leash. The dog's initial curiosity seemed to have waned off - the bird's mistrust of the dog not so much... But she seemed to be getting along with the bird well and calm it down some.

Actually riding well of course wasn't the first concern on their minds, and it showed.

"Minna-sama", she says, bowing as she can atop the bird on arriving. "This one's Suzume Shion. I... Think we've met on the shuttle? I was so beat and sleepy that day I'm not so sure..."

OOC
Assuming she got the midnight shuttle as well but just kept quiet/ slept the whole way through due to a trip with numerous stopovers and delays :p

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:50 pm 
Mumei trotted over on Hiroki, draped across the bird's neck and muttering sweet nothings to it all the while. At least one love match was made at miai already.

She sits up to offer greetings and reply to the Sparrow with a grin. "Met you yesterday after chatting up My Little Earth Kami anyway."

Last edited by Nakauchi Mumei on Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:09 pm 
"Suzume-san, Nakauchi-san, welcomewelcome!!!"

He grinned at them while scratching Dasshu behind where he thought the ears should be.

"JustHotaru-sanleftandwe'reallhere. Thisisareallygreatstarttothemiai. ThePhoenixknowwhatwelike!!!!!"

Rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 pm 
Nakauchi Mumei wrote:
Mumei trotted over on Hotori, draped across the bird's neck and muttering sweet nothings to it all the while. At least one love match was made at miai already.

She sits up to offer greetings and reply to the Sparrow with a grin. "Met you yesterday after chatting up My Little Earth Kami anyway."

The Sparrow smiles widely at Mumei,"Oh, you I remember of course Nakauchi-san! Still up for that project when you are"

Kitsune Izumi wrote:
"Suzume-san, Nakauchi-san, welcomewelcome!!!"

He grinned at them while scratching Dasshu behind where he thought the ears should be.

"JustHotaru-sanleftandwe'reallhere. Thisisareallygreatstarttothemiai. ThePhoenixknowwhatwelike!!!!!"

She then kept her eyes at the Kitsune. He seemed nice, caring for the bird and all. But.... what was he saying? She felt as if he was something she had recorded they played back at double speed or something.

She liked different sounds alright! But that made her head hurt all the same...

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:37 pm 
"Ohayo Suzume-san." He waved towards the Sparrow, his tiny monkey on his shoulders, clutching for dear life.

"Aye, Kitsune-sama. I like this planet. Even if it's for a miai."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:45 pm 
"OKbusiness!!!!"

With them all close and onboard their Otori, he assumed this would be as close to private as things got here. On a Scorpion world he'd expect even the Otori to be bugged, but the Phoenix shouldn't be that bad.

"Iexpectweallhaveordersfromhome, yes? We'renotliketheothers, aswe'remanysmallclansofficiallyworkingasone. Sowehavedifferentaims, butwecanstillhelpeachother."

He looked around making sure they had kept up . . . a real concern for High Speed Foxeh. He made a real effort to slow down for the next bit, as this was the important part.

"For myself the Kitsune ideally want connections to the Phoenix or the Unicorn and access to new xenoflora for chemical extraction. I'd like someone I can get on with . . . male or female."

He then waited for the others to state their wants and/or needs.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:34 am 
Attachment:
Birb.jpg
Birb.jpg [ 65.37 KiB | Viewed 2906 times ]

Koseki and Blinky came striding over just as the meeting was about to get underway. The Firefly offered a sheepish smile and the best mounted bow he could manage.

"Apologies for the delay minna-sama! We got carried away testing Blinky's specifications." He gave the otori a friendly pat on the neck and it blinked in response before making a little chirp-squeak.

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:09 am 
Izumi waved to the approaching Firefly as bowing would probably end in a fall right now.

"OhiyoHotaru-san!"

He then waited for the others to give their input as requested.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:56 am 
Koseki nodded and gave his Clan's side of things.

"Fortunately things have been looking up for my people, what with a new planet and Imperial support. Of course most of us are happier in space but we'll adapt. I'm here to get some more on-world experience and hopefully find a good match. A Phoenix would be great, we've been trying to negotiate a few things with the Isawa for a while now. Honestly though, there are good reasons for partnering with any Great Clan."

He smiled. "I'd prefer a female partner with a sense of adventure, but a good match for the Clan is the most important thing."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:50 am 
It was so much harder to understand the Kitsune without benefit of input-altering substances, but she managed. It was a bit like that Fox Yap someone had played her a few ships back. The music was kind of minimal next to the rapidfire not quite singing. Maybe that was just a regional thing there?

"No secret that pirates have hit us something fierce. So the Mantis and their buddies aren't my favorite people." Mumei's nose curls like she's sniffing something pungent. "Really, I want to not anger our Phoenix hosts and get something out of the deal. I'm training as a Navigator, which is kind of a major export for us."

She leans over Hiroki's feathered neck, resting her head on the bird so her hair falls entirely across her face. "For myself? Not so picky on the package, but it'd be nice to get along," she mutters.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:11 am 
Shion felt a bit uneasy as they started discussing... this. And it probably showed. But she braced, keeping both her dog and Otori calm as she heard the Kitsune, the Hotaru, and then Mumei say their piece. The Kitsune's speech definitely gave her a bit of a headache when he started speeding up, and she started wondering if she should maybe set her equipment to record him and play him back more slowly later, but she decided she would miss even more that way, as the conversation would have moved on when she finally figured it out.

It did seem to become a bit easier with time.... maybe.

Calling Stray a bit closer with a tug on his leash, she takes her turn.

"Well... being close to the Imperial seat in Rokugan, the Sparrow are not particularly worried now either. Imperial support is always welcome... but not much of a chance there, as expected", she says, trying to hide some uneasiness discussing the topic behind a grin. "Then the Miya who sponsored my coming here... they would also be happy for an unlikely Imperial connection, but failing that Crane ties are usually valued among the imperials... I guess I should keep that in mind. Personally... someone I can get along with would be nice", she says, smiling shyly. "As a career musician... some shared interests would be nice too, I guess", she says still smiling, nodding a bit at Mumei.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:09 pm 
Yube was enjoying himself, sitting on Comet's head. Jin just smiled nervously.

"Ah, too bad there are no Agasha here Hotaru-san, I would think some training with them would be valued by your family." He slowly guided his bird, it seemed the Otori could never stay still.

"My family is caught between Crab and Crane at the moment, so I was told that, if I can, find a nice and proper Unicorn or Lion spouse. Failing that, I assume a Crab or Crane would work. Personally, I would prefer someone to marry in to my clan, as I just love my duty. Not many clans work with Drop Troopers, and other bushi roles seem...boring in comparison. No offense." He nodded among the bushi here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:17 pm 
There had been a very quiet 'grrrrrrrrrrrrr' at mention of the Mantis.

Fox not like Mantis. Full stop.

"Right . . . so we know what we all need. Now can we agree we're happy to help each other where we can?"

Speaking slowly, for him, was stressing him a bit, but this was important.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:23 pm 
"Absolutely!" Koseki nodded and pulled Blinky's head to the side as the bird got distracted by something meal-shaped. "Got anything mind, or just generally offering support when the chance arises?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:29 pm 
"Of course Kitsune-sama, minna-sama." Jin shrugged. "I am happy for any help, and will gladly offer my own." He tilted his head. "Are you looking exclusively for shugenja as a mate, Nakouchi-san, Kitsune-sama?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:32 pm 
Izumi wobbled a hand.

"MommaFox said shugenja if possible but the other factors are more important."

Rainbow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:49 am 
Mumei shrugs and sits up as Hiroki shakes her feathered crest with a gentle 'kweh!'

"Shugenja's nice, but let's be honest. Anyone sending their kami-touched kids here has decided they don't absolutely need to keep them in the family, so it doesn't matter all that much." She thinks a minute. "Don't think I'd get along well with someone who's got a protocol stick shoved too far up their..butt."

She brightens, "but I'll absolutely come be wingleader...wingwoman? Something like that, if you need help convincing someone you're awesome. Teach you to dance, pick out date drinks...or, y'know, offer some deep theological lines if you think they lean that way."

After brushing her hair from her eyes, she adds, "Anyone have someone in their sights yet? Happy to interfere with competition too."

Description

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next