It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: The Right time (Day 2 Late Afternoon, Shooting Range)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:04 pm 
A bushi needed to stay in practice, that was a simple fact of one's life. Even when one was in terrority that one might not consider exactly friendly on the surface. The Phoenix weren't exactly friends after all, and the Mantis might be at war with some of the other clans here in a short amount of time.

Which is why Hayato choose to practice at this particular hour, when the Phoenix were hosting an event he wasn't particularly interested in, and well past the early hours most bushi tended to practice. Not that showing his skills would nessacarily be a bad thing, in fact he'd likely need to at some point. Which really made all this plannign seem rather silly not that he thought about it.

Still he was here and practice is what he intended to do, so stepping into the shooting range he found empty target and began to work. Drawing his sidearm from his holster, he fired once the sharp, report sounding across the empty range, then holstered his weapon again in one smooth motion. Only to do it again, sending one round down range at a time. His movements tight, smooth, and practiced.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

Post subject: Re: The Right time (Day 2 Late Afternoon, Shooting Range)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 am 
"Hum, you much be some type mind reader..." Kamui pulls out his rifle from its protective case, checks the cartridge and my normal list of things he does with it. Then puts the rifle on the counter. He then pulls his holstered side-arm, and goes through the list again.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:16 am 
"Mind reader?" Hayato asked, as he looked over from where he was shooting down range. If he was looking, Kamui might notice that the mantis was hitting the paper targets down range in the head. Seemingly with little effort.

pew pew three raises tn 25: 3#8d10o10k4 39 38 32

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:26 am 
He works on the side-arm a bit more. "Yeah, I'm had an itching trigger finger for a few days now, and here you are."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:36 am 
"Ah, well this is the place to cure that itch." Hayato replied with a half smile. Unless you intend to go out hunting or something."

"And I'm not sure how our hosts will take that."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:03 am 
"Yeah, I don't know else. So, that's why I'm here." Side-arm looks up to his standards.

pew pew pew: 6d10o10k3 pew tn 25 = 31

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:41 am 
"Makes sense." Hayato replied with a smirk. "Doesn't hurt that we all should stay in practice either."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:20 am 
"No is doesn't." He puts the side-arm down and checks the rifle's site. "Need to get to a dojo too, work on the swordsmanship as well. Need to keep me dueling skills up too."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:29 am 
"Seems you have a lot of work ahead of you." He glanced down at his side for a moment. "Never learned much of dueling myself, but then most Tsuruchi don't even carry a katana."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 am 
"Ah. There are still times it is used. It's good exercise too." He plays around with the site for the range. "Daidoji families still have Kakita Blade, but they are rare and valuable possessions, not to mention many are ancient."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:09 pm 
"After all this time I would imagine so." Hayato replied after firing his final shot. Lowering his gun, he unloaded it and started to go over the various mechainism to make sure they were still in working order.

"As for exercise, swimming is one of my go to's, but I enjoy a good hike as well, or a climb sometimes if there is anything nearby worthwhile."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:08 am 
His demeanor becomes more focused and cold. "Ah, yeah. Army loves making us run and march, or the dreaded 'obstacle courses' of hell. As much fun as those things are, I'd rather practice my Iaijutsu or go to the gym." He aims and fires a shot. He then makes a minor adjustment to the site.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:20 am 
"To each their own. Or so I think the saying goes." Everything in his pistol checked over, Hayato reloaded and holsters the weapon once again.

"Since you like the gym, I take it you do a lot of weight training then?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:39 am 
[opps]

"Yes, that and riding an exercise bike as well. Does zero damage to your legs, just like swimming. When you spend a lot in time getting carted around planet to planet, you get used to no pool." He lets off a 3 shots.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:05 pm 
"I suppose that's true." Hayato observed with a thoughtful expression. "It seems you do a lot of travelign though. Never been stationed in one place for a while to guard it or something?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 pm 
"I've been stationed on a spaceship that does guard duties for convoys to protect from pirates. I have been doing this for over a year at this point. Hopefully, I don't be doing that too much longer." He fires off another 3 shots. "But, we're see."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:07 am 
"It would be nice to get down to a planet for more then a short break, huh?" Hayato asked before firing a single shot down range.

"Any particular duty you're after?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:02 am 
"Stationed in one planet, where I can get back working on my driving skills again. And, just breath fresh air must days." He checks the magazine.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:32 am 
"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow at that. "Do you drive for fun then?" He asked, turning towards the Crane. "Or is it part of your duties?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:20 pm 
"I'm working on combat driving, but I may can done some autocross and drag racing when I had the chance. But, they been few and far between." He puts the magazine back in.

Theme | Profile
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next