It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:24 am 
She shook her head. "I would not say safe. Some, like my mother and sister are familiar enough with the dangers in the forests, but even they avoid going too deep unless necessary."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:45 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:

"Knowing I did what I could", he started. Then smiled. "Women also, drawing, cooking up stories to go with the art, being snarky...honesty is a big one. I like honesty, even if it's cruel or badly timed, as long as it's sincere", he said, nodding to himself. "I got a lot of other things I'm interested in that I'm horrible at, but if I'm lucky I'll live long enough to improve."

"A womanizer then?" she replied with some dry humor. But hey, it was honesty? "Will you be drawing during the excursion? I know some like to take the chance to sketch wildlife while their out on such trips."

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:59 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"A womanizer then?" she replied with some dry humor. But hey, it was honesty? "Will you be drawing during the excursion? I know some like to take the chance to sketch wildlife while their out on such trips."

"Womanizer, hm?" he thought about it, even though he knew she'd only been half joking (quarter joking). "No, I don't think I'd throw a fit if a woman turned me down on something, also not a fan of manipulating things just to get what I want."

"As to art, sure nature's fine. I probably will if I see something I think I can handle, but really...I do some single panel renga art. I'll have to show you later when I have my densai on me."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:55 am 
"Well, I think I've seen that you don't throw a fit over such things." Hyeon-ju alas couldn't spot the Crab. "But if you're looking for someone to speak with a certain dancing Crab, I could probably do so."

There was a brief flicker of interest in her half-smile. "I think it would be nice to see that, yes. I don't have much artistic talent myself, I'm afraid, but I can appriciate the skill it takes for someone to be good at the arts." She just hoped it wasn't the more raunchy type of renga she knew some people liked to read. "Do you plan to make your own renga some day then?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:01 am 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Yube accepted Chiruha's failing with grace, before he started to climb on top of the colorful kimono, to his usual shoulder slot.

"Ha, your father than appreciates a busy season then, I assume? Quite a shebang he has organized here. Andyou are taking part of the miai then Asako-sama?" Jin's eyes ran through the courtier quickly, taking stock, just in case. "Strange experience to you too?"

Chiruha giggled when Yube settled on her shoulder, taking a moment to a look at the monkey to see that he was secure before looking back at Jin with some clear amusement on her face. "I can see Yube-san being a very delightful companion. You should really keep him on your shoulder but I can imagine that it might get a bit distracting...especially in more formal social calls."

"Not quite a busy season...perhaps more of a busy, always. While the miai is really a shot in the arm when it comes to activity, he's likely hoping that the miai will grow the colony. Perhaps this otori event will become a yearly festival for visitors rather than a one-time thing at the miai," she gave a shake of her head, not knowing fully how she might feel about this. "It is a bit strange but I'm taking this in stride. At the very least, it's not like I'm being pushed out there above anyone else...the colony is the true star of this miai."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:02 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
"Well, I think I've seen that you don't throw a fit over such things." Hyeon-ju alas couldn't spot the Crab. "But if you're looking for someone to speak with a certain dancing Crab, I could probably do so."

There was a brief flicker of interest in her half-smile. "I think it would be nice to see that, yes. I don't have much artistic talent myself, I'm afraid, but I can appriciate the skill it takes for someone to be good at the arts." She just hoped it wasn't the more raunchy type of renga she knew some people liked to read. "Do you plan to make your own renga some day then?"
Talk to a certain dancing Hida. He wondered how that would actually go, then put the brakes on any thoughts involved thereof.

So he shrugged. "If that's what Utaku-san feels should be done."

"I'll have to get back into the Spider's data-sphere in order to upload any of it to have much of an audience, but I can create a link you would be able to follow if I have your contact info." he pulled out his comm. "Officers have some privilege when it comes to long distance data, but only from home."

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:13 am 
"Of course. It is also prudent that we have eachother's information, considering the planned excursion." It really was no issue to get her contact info, as Hyeon-ju took out her communicator to pass the number and ID to Shokomaru.

After all, she could just purge all Spider numbers from her directory after the miai if she had decided they were all truly terrible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:18 am 
Figuring it wasn't such a big deal to her, as it wasn't to him either, he swapped info with her easily.

He was very careful not to give her a quirky nickname, or set notifications involving her to a certain theme song that shall remain marching and imperial, i mean unmentioned.

"Good, perfect. Communication is key", he said with a nodding grin. "But I'll be honest, since i feel that way, I am still very interested in the long list of things you don't like." he folded his arms, it wasn't like there was much else to do, of course she might just walk away, but where was the fun in that.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:31 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Her smile falters, "I see..." She looks back at the field a long moment, when she replies in a soft voice, "Well...if it makes you feel any betteh my squadron called me 'Peeps'. Because I was the cute little baby bird...who was mostly sickeningly rich fluff and no real substance."

She smiles a bit more pensively, "Of course that was before I earned six kills...still..." Her hand motions like waving off a bad smell, "Maybe it best we move past this part, Akodo-sama. You are a flight leadeh? That's an impressive feat considering you-eh age." The smile was back and had regained its warmth.

Akihiko looks on sadly as the Crane talks about her call sign. He shakes off a bad memory, trying to stay present in this conversation.

"Yes, it's certainly possible to outgrow? Overcome? your call sign. I've only gotten five kills since I joined the Long Claws, but there's only one other member of my original flight still there and I've made gunso, so being a Goldenboy clearly isn't too bad. And I've saved Zippy plenty of times, which is probably the only good reason to make me gunso," he tries to joke, hoping to keep the pretty smile with the sparkling eyes.

Last edited by Akodo Akihiko on Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:58 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko looks on sadly as the Crane talks about her call sign. Damn. Wasp got off easy.

"Yes, it's certainly possible to outgrow? Overcome? your call sign. I've only gotten five kills since I joined the Long Claws, but there's only one other member of my original flight still there and I've made gunso, so being a Goldenboy clearly isn't too bad. And I've saved Zippy plenty of times, which is probably the only good reason to make me gunso," he tries to joke, hoping to keep the pretty smile with the sparkling eyes.

"Well...the six kills helped to prove I have some substance afteh all." Ishiyo's smile brightens a fraction. "I am still the lowest scoreh in my squadron though. The 312th is a veteran force, most were aces before joining."

"I take Zippy is you-eh wingmate?" His joke did indeed help a little and her eyes brighten as well, "My wingmates tended to rotate on nearly every flight out. I think I have flown with everyone in the squadron at least once."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:00 am 
While there were plenty of conversations seemingly going on around, Ichika found herself off to the side somewhere. Just watching the Otori in an odd moment of peace with a light smile yet resting.

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
She shook her head. "I would not say safe. Some, like my mother and sister are familiar enough with the dangers in the forests, but even they avoid going too deep unless necessary."

"Solid advice." Hayato offered after a moment.

"I suppose that makes the forests a rather bad setting for a picnic though." Not that he had been planning one.

"I imagine those that kept their birds might plan some sort of outing though." He lookex from the Crane to the Phoenix. "Did both you ladies decide to keep the ones you rode?"

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
Figuring it wasn't such a big deal to her, as it wasn't to him either, he swapped info with her easily.

He was very careful not to give her a quirky nickname, or set notifications involving her to a certain theme song that shall remain marching and imperial, i mean unmentioned.

"Good, perfect. Communication is key", he said with a nodding grin. "But I'll be honest, since i feel that way, I am still very interested in the long list of things you don't like." he folded his arms, it wasn't like there was much else to do, of course she might just walk away, but where was the fun in that.

With the information exchanged, the communicator was neatly tucked back into her breast-pocket, and a gloved hand smoothed out the fabric to avoid any unseemly bumps.

"Hmm..." she thought about it, then shook her head. "I think that will wait for another time. I believe someone said not to give away everything on the first proper meeting once, and I think there's wisdom in that."

"I believe I will go check on my kinsmen for now, Daigotsu-sama." A curt bow. "By your leave?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:26 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
While there were plenty of conversations seemingly going on around, Ichika found herself off to the side somewhere. Just watching the Otori in an odd moment of peace with a light smile yet resting.

He himself was also just observing the Otori instead of conversing but his eyes were likely rather more analytical than the Doji's. He did notice her alone as she was "Doji-san, I hope I am not disturbing you." he said from a polite distance not wanting to shatter her peace more than his question already would.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:35 am 
Shiba Hoshiko wrote:

Hakka made a small thoughtful sound, before saying, "I had touched upon this before, with Matsu Chiyoko and Shinjo Yul, but a small excursion could prove beneficial, as long as we did not delve too deep, of course. But, I will of course concede to the wisdom of Shiba-sama, as this is her home." The Crane gave a small bow of her head, as if to apologize.

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:

"I suppose that makes the forests a rather bad setting for a picnic though." Not that he had been planning one.

"I imagine those that kept their birds might plan some sort of outing though." He lookex from the Crane to the Phoenix. "Did both you ladies decide to keep the ones you rode?"

"Ah," said Hakka, fan flicking open as she waved it, head turning towards the birds and riders. "I did not ride one." A brief flicker of an amused smile. "So, I must applaud Tsuruchi-san and Shiba-sama and the others who rode all the more for their willingness to do so."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:38 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
He himself was also just observing the Otori instead of conversing but his eyes were likely rather more analytical than the Doji's. He did notice her alone as she was "Doji-san, I hope I am not disturbing you." he said from a polite distance not wanting to shatter her peace more than his question already would.

Glancing over Ichika tracked the voice, "I thought it was you!" she said with a light laugh, shaking her head. "No, you're not disturbing me at all Kuchiki-san. Wanna come chat a little while, watch the Otori?" she smiled again, waving him closer to join her where she watched from.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Hakka made a small thoughtful sound, before saying, "I had touched upon this before, with Matsu Chiyoko and Shinjo Yul, but a small excursion could prove beneficial, as long as we did not delve too deep, of course. But, I will of course concede to the wisdom of Shiba-sama, as this is her home." The Crane gave a small bow of her head, as if to apologize.

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:

"At the least, I would suggest bringing a guide if you venture into the forests." she suggested. Looking back at the otori, she added, "Hai, I have one."

GEAR: Densai, Wakizashi, Water Bottle, Purse
Accompanied by Ren, a shiba inu.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:39 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
" "I believe I will go check on my kinsmen for now, Daigotsu-sama." A curt bow. "By your leave?"

Well, that was tactful honesty. It was a start.

"Go forth and fraternize, Utaku-san." He offered her a simply proper bow. Nothing special.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:58 am 
Bowing once more, the Utaku stepped away from the Spider and went over to the fence to see how the two Moto were faring with their birds.

---

OOC: Busy tomorrow and saturday so I will consider this Hyeon-ju's effective exit from the scene for my own sanity. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:

Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:

"Ah," said Hakka, fan flicking open as she waved it, head turning towards the birds and riders. "I did not ride one." A brief flicker of an amused smile. "So, I must applaud Tsuruchi-san and Shiba-sama and the others who rode all the more for their willingness to do so."

"Ah, my mistake." Hayato replied dipping into an apologetic bow. He should of guessed that perhaps from her choice of clothing. It wasn't exactly what one took bird riding. "I suspect I wasn't watching the riders as much as I sould have."

Shiba Hoshiko wrote:
"At the least, I would suggest bringing a guide if you venture into the forests." she suggested. Looking back at the otori, she added, "Hai, I have one."

"I suppose that means that any such explorations will need a vehicle for it though. As well as a guide." He added thoughtfully with a nod of thanks to the Shiba for the suggestio.. "I think it might be a interesting experience to pursue though."

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next