It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: [D2, LM: Otori Corral] Let's See Some Birds (Watching Ev
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:20 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Well...the six kills helped to prove I have some substance afteh all." Ishiyo's smile brightens a fraction. "I am still the lowest scoreh in my squadron though. The 312th is a veteran force, most were aces before joining."

"I take Zippy is you-eh wingmate?" His joke did indeed help a little and her eyes brighten as well, "My wingmates tended to rotate on nearly every flight out. I think I have flown with everyone in the squadron at least once."

Akihiko's eyebrows rise at the idea of concentrating ace pilots in a single squadron. A powerful concept.

"Ikoma Zansho-nikutai is technically the senior pilot of the second element of our flight, so not technically my wingperson. But he's been an almost constant companion through two years of combat missions. He feels how I imagine a younger brother would feel. Just a guess." Akihiko smiles thinking of his friend, then feels a pang of guilt at being away from him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:36 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha giggled when Yube settled on her shoulder, taking a moment to a look at the monkey to see that he was secure before looking back at Jin with some clear amusement on her face. "I can see Yube-san being a very delightful companion. You should really keep him on your shoulder but I can imagine that it might get a bit distracting...especially in more formal social calls."

"Not quite a busy season...perhaps more of a busy, always. While the miai is really a shot in the arm when it comes to activity, he's likely hoping that the miai will grow the colony. Perhaps this otori event will become a yearly festival for visitors rather than a one-time thing at the miai," she gave a shake of her head, not knowing fully how she might feel about this. "It is a bit strange but I'm taking this in stride. At the very least, it's not like I'm being pushed out there above anyone else...the colony is the true star of this miai."

"Ah, luckily, I'm usually not invited to such occasion. Or unluckily. I am unsure." He smiled sheepishly. "I'm just a bushi whose preferences including jumping from dropships." He nodded enthusiastically, while he started petting the head of Comet. "Hai, it's certainly a lovely colony." He smiled fondly. "Though I hope we as guests are not making a mess of things. That said, an Otori festival would be lovely. What do you think, Celestial Comet?" He asked from the bird,who seemed to be distracted by..grass.

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:10 pm 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Glancing over Ichika tracked the voice, "I thought it was you!" she said with a light laugh, shaking her head. "No, you're not disturbing me at all Kuchiki-san. Wanna come chat a little while, watch the Otori?" she smiled again, waving him closer to join her where she watched from.

he nodded and stepped closer to her in a more conversational distance "How was the trial for you Doji-san? I didn't see how you fared taming the bird."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:26 pm 
"I did okay.. I think," she smiled, looking over her shoulder to him. "I tamed the bird at least but.." she laughed, "I had to hold on reaaaaalllllly tight before she calmed down!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:48 pm 
"Yes I myself had trouble mounting the bird but once I was astride it, it was fairly easy to stay on until it accepted me. It was certainly an interesting challenge I'm happy to have gone through even if I didn't really stand out." he said looking from her out to the Otori fields.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:56 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko's eyebrows rise at the idea of concentrating ace pilots in a single squadron. A powerful concept.

"Ikoma Zansho-nikutai is technically the senior pilot of the second element of our flight, so not technically my wingperson. But he's been an almost constant companion through two years of combat missions. He feels how I imagine a younger brother would feel. Just a guess." Akihiko smiles thinking of his friend, then feels a pang of guilt at being away from him.

"So then Akodo-sama is eitheh youngest oh the only child?" Ishiyo asks with a conspiratorial smile, but her mind shifts back to flight, "So then a comrade who has been with you from the beginning, I have only been flying a yeah myself. Just completed a touh not long before coming here. Cleaning up some pirates plaguing Crane trade routes."

"Would it be too much trouble to ask foh a story of you-eh exploits, Akodo-sama?" That eager twinkle had return to her eyes.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 pm 
Ujina Jin wrote:
"Ah, luckily, I'm usually not invited to such occasion. Or unluckily. I am unsure." He smiled sheepishly. "I'm just a bushi whose preferences including jumping from dropships." He nodded enthusiastically, while he started petting the head of Comet. "Hai, it's certainly a lovely colony." He smiled fondly. "Though I hope we as guests are not making a mess of things. That said, an Otori festival would be lovely. What do you think, Celestial Comet?" He asked from the bird,who seemed to be distracted by..grass.

"A bushi of standing, nevertheless, Ujina-sama," she said with a sure nod. "And thank you very much. We are blessed to be surrounded by many natural wonders, Shiro Yaoke really does find itself in the middle of several land features, terrain and groups of fauna. I think everyone I've met has only been gracious so far. As a participant of the miai, I guess I get to be in your shoes too in a way! I'm sure my father and brother are the ones who are fussing over the small details."

"An Otori festival would be good..." she turned serious for a moment. "I do sincerely hope nobody is thinking of taking an otori home with them."

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:52 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:

"A bushi of standing, nevertheless, Ujina-sama," she said with a sure nod. "And thank you very much. We are blessed to be surrounded by many natural wonders, Shiro Yaoke really does find itself in the middle of several land features, terrain and groups of fauna. I think everyone I've met has only been gracious so far. As a participant of the miai, I guess I get to be in your shoes too in a way! I'm sure my father and brother are the ones who are fussing over the small details."

"An Otori festival would be good..." she turned serious for a moment. "I do sincerely hope nobody is thinking of taking an otori home with them."

Jim smirked. "So that means Asako-sama can leave the fussy details to others and enjoy herself?" He asked with a smirk. "Perhaps Asako-sama would care to join me for an outing sometime then? If she has some free time?" This was a miai, after all! He was told.

"I would not think so. These birds are magnificent, but even I know away from their home they would not fare well." He hesitated. "Maybe speak to Kitsune-sama about this, just to be sure. He's very enthusiastic. Very."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:41 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"Yes I myself had trouble mounting the bird but once I was astride it, it was fairly easy to stay on until it accepted me. It was certainly an interesting challenge I'm happy to have gone through even if I didn't really stand out." he said looking from her out to the Otori fields.

"Right?" she said, smiling and joining that look out toward the fields. For a moment, Ichika just enjoyed watching out to the fields, for whomever was participating at the moment, or, well, just watching the Otori.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:53 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"So then Akodo-sama is eitheh youngest oh the only child?" Ishiyo asks with a conspiratorial smile, but her mind shifts back to flight, "So then a comrade who has been with you from the beginning, I have only been flying a yeah myself. Just completed a touh not long before coming here. Cleaning up some pirates plaguing Crane trade routes."

"Would it be too much trouble to ask foh a story of you-eh exploits, Akodo-sama?" That eager twinkle had return to her eyes.

"Right--" Akihiko skips talking about family as Ishiyo moves back to piloting. Ok, maybe later?

"Of course, Daidoji-san." Akihiko smiles, enjoying her interest. "Fighting in the Crossroads system the last two years has given me a few. Let's see..." After a moments thought, he begins:

"I had been in Crossroads two weeks when most of the squadron went on a somewhat routine patrol. Heavier force than usual, anticipating enemy activity..." Akihiko sounds a little bit like he's reading from an after action report, but his resonant voice makes listening as pleasant as a children's story.

"My flight was high and right, so we got the first contact from an enemy squadron, almost immobilizing our flight leader and barely missing Zippy and me. Two bogeys broke off to chase Zippy and Rustic--my wingperson then--but they must have lost me when I barrel rolled out of the attack path. So I was able to swoop back toward pour original position and line up a shot at Rustic's bogey, which I think disabled his starboard cannons." Warmed up and deep in the story, Akihiko looks like he can see the battle unfolding around him, and his listener may almost see it too.

"Zippy thought he'd evaded his bogey, but then the guy drops right on him, 6 o'clock, high and tight--and right where Rustic was sweeping through. So they both veer off at the last minute, Zippy doubles back and chases his bogey for a bit while I'm trying to finish Rustic's guy, and inn the time it takes me to hear our flight leader's update that the squadron's all right but could use our help, Rustic has lost targeting controls and both bogeys are on Zippy. Fortunately, undamaged bogey is too focused on Zippy, and I swing in from 7 o'clock low and light him up. His buddy swings around, trying to target me, and misses the hard loop that Zippy just pulled to line up his shot."

Akihiko's spirited storytelling winds down as he and Zippy turn to reinforce the rest of the squadron while Rustic calls for recovery of their flight leader. He ends with a smile on his face, then realizes he's been talking for a while, and a wash of embarrassment crosses his face.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:34 am 
Ujina Jin wrote:
Jim smirked. "So that means Asako-sama can leave the fussy details to others and enjoy herself?" He asked with a smirk. "Perhaps Asako-sama would care to join me for an outing sometime then? If she has some free time?" This was a miai, after all! He was told.

"I would not think so. These birds are magnificent, but even I know away from their home they would not fare well." He hesitated. "Maybe speak to Kitsune-sama about this, just to be sure. He's very enthusiastic. Very."

She nodded, relieved he wasn't thinking of taking his otori home.

"Yes..but not quite." She chuckled and checked on Yube. "I guess I don't have much to do in the miai directly, I do have a few things that I'm managing that may coincide with the miai. My schedule promises to be busy, even if in different ways than my father. But I am open to doing more things here if you have something in mind."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:31 am 
Asako Chiruha wrote:

She nodded, relieved he wasn't thinking of taking his otori home.

"Yes..but not quite." She chuckled and checked on Yube. "I guess I don't have much to do in the miai directly, I do have a few things that I'm managing that may coincide with the miai. My schedule promises to be busy, even if in different ways than my father. But I am open to doing more things here if you have something in mind."

"Ah, of course." Jin smiled. "I have it easy, currently my only duty IS the miai here, so I have quite some time for leisure." He tilted his head in thought. "How about a slow, peaceful ride in the fungal forest sometime? I could use some pointers, I feel." He smiled at the thought.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:13 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
<snip>
Akihiko's spirited storytelling winds down as he and Zippy turn to reinforce the rest of the squadron while Rustic calls for recovery of their flight leader. He ends with a smile on his face, then realizes he's been talking for a while, and a wash of embarrassment crosses his face.

Some might have been bored, but the Daidoji listened smiling. Of course most Crane were good at that, looking interested in something without meaning it...but Ishiyo was intent on hearing every detail. Her blues practically sparkling and her expression slipping from polite Crane maiden to enraptured academy cadet.

By the time he finishes, the Crane is grinning happily, "Thank you very much Akodo-sama, that was a fantastic!" Ishiyo seems to recognize she had been staring like a puppy and tugs her uniform jacket to remove the creases, her face crimson. "I mean I am honored by you-eh account of the battle, Akodo-sama."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 am 
"Ever since I've been back, I haven't really had time to take Aoi back out in the wilderness. I had one of the handlers walk him twice a day around the ranch but I don't think that's good enough..." she said with a bit of tinged guilt in her tone.

"Honestly, I'm not the best otori rider around here...I think Aoi just likes me enough that he's doing his best to keep me on his back," she giggled. "But I think I would like a good otori ride and I'll do my best to help, Ujina-sama."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:03 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
"Ever since I've been back, I haven't really had time to take Aoi back out in the wilderness. I had one of the handlers walk him twice a day around the ranch but I don't think that's good enough..." she said with a bit of tinged guilt in her tone.

"Honestly, I'm not the best otori rider around here...I think Aoi just likes me enough that he's doing his best to keep me on his back," she giggled. "But I think I would like a good otori ride and I'll do my best to help, Ujina-sama."

Jin nodded. "Asako-sama does seem fairly busy then. I am sure Aoi would like the opportunity, and Comet some companionship." He smiled. "I am sure you would appreciate some time to spend time on your home planet as well. Perhaps two-three days from now? [D4 or D5]?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:28 pm 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Some might have been bored, but the Daidoji listened smiling. Of course most Crane were good at that, looking interested in something without meaning it...but Ishiyo was intent on hearing every detail. Her blues practically sparkling and her expression slipping from polite Crane maiden to enraptured academy cadet.

By the time he finishes, the Crane is grinning happily, "Thank you very much Akodo-sama, that was a fantastic!" Ishiyo seems to recognize she had been staring like a puppy and tugs her uniform jacket to remove the creases, her face crimson. "I mean I am honored by you-eh account of the battle, Akodo-sama."

Akihiko gently chuckled away his embarrassment and bowed at her excitement, quite glad she'd enjoyed the story. "Daidoji-san, you are most welcome. Since leaving my unit to come here, I have felt largely alone with my thoughts, and is quite nice to share a story or two," he says, giving a smile that seems meant for just her. "Perhaps you'll favor me with a story of yours?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:48 pm 
Chiruha didn't have her densai out but she would like to think that she had a pretty good idea of her schedule. After a few seconds of consideration, she offered, "How about three days from now then? It pains me to keep Aoi cooped up another few days but I have to catch up around here. Things around here aren't going to program themselves, unfortunately."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:04 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha didn't have her densai out but she would like to think that she had a pretty good idea of her schedule. After a few seconds of consideration, she offered, "How about three days from now then? It pains me to keep Aoi cooped up another few days but I have to catch up around here. Things around here aren't going to program themselves, unfortunately."

"Of course, my time is considerable more free, considering my Duty is getting to know others." He smiled. "Three days from now, for a nice afternoon ride then? Does that work Asako-sama?" Yube was occupied on Chiruha's kimono, apparently trying to eat one of the flowers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:33 pm 
Chiruha giggled at Yube, "Those aren't real flowers, silly," she gently attempted to deter him by putting her finger atop the stops her tried to gnaw on.

"...uhm, yes! Sorry about that, Ujina-sama. Yes, that should work. Hopefully, it won't be too hectic in the wild. I can only imagine the rukus that some of the events might cause to the local wildlife," she said with a faint frown before smiling again. "I shall see you then, we'll meet at the ranch and go from there?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:53 am 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akihiko gently chuckled away his embarrassment and bowed at her excitement, quite glad she'd enjoyed the story. "Daidoji-san, you are most welcome. Since leaving my unit to come here, I have felt largely alone with my thoughts, and is quite nice to share a story or two," he says, giving a smile that seems meant for just her. "Perhaps you'll favor me with a story of yours?"

Ishiyo nodded in thought, she would need a good story of her own...and there was really only one good enough for the Lion.

“My service with the 312th aboard The Golden Heron was a pirate hunting action. So we had spent much of the yeah in on and off skirmishes with a group of pirates plaguing one of ouh main trade routes. Well turns out that while we were dueling the plannehs in the Admiral’s staff had been collating data points...were we encountered enemy patrols, scout sweeps by ouh recon birds, and even the pattern of attacks on frieghtehs. Anyway they figured out where the pirates had set up theih main supply base and we called foh the marines.”

She blushes a little, “Sorry still some more boring bits to get to the good part… Anyway the strike group linked up with a marine cruiseh and we launched an attack.”

“Initially we launched the whole carrieh wing to sweep the area. We caught them largely unaware, overconfident fools I think. Anyway enemy fightehs come streaming out of theih hollowed out asteroid base. They threw some patrols at us to slow the attack down while they gathered up. When the first big wave hit I plowed right through the middle!” She grinned, “Alongside the whole squadron, one of the enemy pilots tried to dive undeh me, but I stitched a line of fire right across the top.” Ishiyo made a little ‘pew pew pew BOOM!’ sound and illustrated the position of the craft with her hand.

“Sadly I did not get any more kills in the ensuing melee, too many Crane and too few enemies.” She shrugged, “Once the first wave was cleared my flight was sent back to escort the 328th Attack Squadron back to the Heron for rearmament with anti-station weaponry. Then ride back protecting the marines.”

Her excitement grows again, “On the way back what remained of the enemy stragglehs tried to ambush the marine’s assault shuttles. I saw one of them line up on a shuttle and dove under and then back up.” Again she demonstrates with her hands, “Blasted the pirate right as he was entering range of the shuttle. A clean strike right through the engine and up it went! The marine crew bought me a box of candy for that.”

“The last kill was after the marines had started the attack. There must have been a few enemy fightehs that had been hiding. One came streaking out and right foh me. I matched it head on, letting them fire wild shots at me until the enemy flinched.” Her smile was a grin, “POW! Right through the cockpit.” The Crane rubs the back of her head, “My Squadron commander reprimanded me foh that...called it unnecessarily reckless. Which was true.” Her cheeks were bright red.

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next