It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Damp Shoes [Day 4, EN, Common]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 am 
Having arrived back at the inn some time ago, Ichika found herself in the need of a quick shower to wash off the toils of the day. Then, a quick jaunt back to her room and she was dressed in something a little less demanding than her kimono and off back toward the common room with her portable computer in hand.

Slipping around the corner into the space of the slight off-color common room and looked about for the best place to set herself up.

Post subject: Re: Damp Shoes [Day 4, EN, Common]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:08 am 
Kamui comes in and drops into a seat. He undoes his tie and unbuttons his jacket and vest of his suit.

"It's been a day today. I am looking forward to some shut eye..." He says to Ichika. "So, Ichika-san, haven't really talked since the Crane lunch. How have you been doing?"

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:26 am 
Mumei pads down to the common room, nods politely to the present company, and putters about heating some water and rustling around the cupboards to find an abandoned '3120 Year of the Chytrids!/Shiro Yoake Xenobotanical Gardens' mug that wasn't too chipped to drink out of. Pulling a paper packet from her jacket she crumbles some of her mushroom bounty into the mug.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:56 am 
"Oh!" she says, glancing from Kakui to Mumei as the woman walked around. Back to Kamui, "Evening!" she said cheerily, mellowing a little, "Daidoji-san," she glanced back toward Mumei and offered the woman a little wave and a smile.

Looking back to Kamui the smile held, "I've been doing-" she shook her head, "I've been doing well, Daidoji-san. I hope the same for you?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:29 am 
Mumei returns the wave and smile as she adds her hot water. Recalling both her roommate's exhortations to go meet people, and how not comfortable it was sitting on the floor of their little bunkroom, she drifted toward the pair of Crane, carrying the earthy scent of her mushroom tea along.

"Mind if I share the space...minna-sama?" She was pretty sure they were Crane, but didn't really want to insult anyone by screwing that up. "Least long enough to finish the tea."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 am 
"I would love if you did, Samurai-sama," she said with a bright smile, glancing to Kamui with a little tilt to her head. Glancing back to Kamui with a little nod before returning her look to Mumei.

"I'm Doji Ichika," she bowed to Mumei and rose from it with a smile. "I'm just another courtier, for now," she said with a soft smile. Waving her hand over toward Kamui she said, "This is Daidoji Kamui-san. Family but we only met some few days ago," she said with a soft chuckle placed upon the knuckles of one of her hands.

Last edited by Doji Ichika on Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:06 pm 
He stands up and bows be Mumei. "Please, excuse my appearance. It's been a long day. It's not very Crane like of me to not be all buttoned up now." He puts his tie in his jacket pocket and buttons up one vest button.

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:10 pm 
Mumei bows, "Nakauchi Mumei, here, most recently off the Far Winds. Pleased to meet you both," she says with a pleasant smile as she curls into a seat, mug cupped in both hands and steaming. She waves off Kamui's protestations. "This is as close as we've got to home, and a private space here. If there's anyplace to be unbuttoned it's in this space."

"But...Long lost family? Discovered at a miai? What are the chances?! That's a story, I'd think."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:16 pm 
"Oh!" she laughed into the knuckle again. "Sorry, slip of the tongue," she waved her hand with an awkward chuckle. Glancing about she looked for a seat but there was one more thing she needed. Seeing a quick excuse to run away, she hopped over to find one of those uncomfortable little pillows and brought it back over with her.

"That would be quite the story though," she said with a chuckle as she walked back, slipping down into her own chair by the others. "Sorry again!" she said, bringing her hand up to the back of her neck, brushing it, and dipped her head.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm 
He sits down near Ichika had motioned him over to. "Well, the families and the Crane clan referring to each other as cousin a lot. That are two other Daidoji's, and we refer to each other that way. I guess it could be confusing to others outside the clan."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:47 pm 
"I mean, there's a pair of Unicorn from the same unit somehow both here. Different families, so quite a coincidence." She sips at her tea, taking a long moment to decide if she likes the taste. "I thought that with one, maybe others would not be so surprising, and a sign that the Fortunes are paying more attention than normal to events here. No need for apology, it's late, and the days are long."

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:52 pm 
With the pillow in her lap, Ichika leaned into it a bit as they chatted. A touch more comfortable as she leaned to look at people, "Mmm," she vocalized with a nod, "especially after days like today, yea?" she said with a smile, glancing between Mumei and Kamui. "How did you both handle the weather today? Hopefully it didn't ruin any meetings?" she asked, chuckling at that thought.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:11 pm 
He looks at Ichika. "Um, I was inside most of the day. I was in the Drone shop for a long time. I did go to the Drunken' Crab to get some food and met a lovely Mantis, a Moshi Atena-san."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:26 pm 
"I admit, I too was indoors for most of it." she says through the steam. "Had a friend who needed some new clothes drag me to the mall, and I just kind of stayed for a while. Nice to have the rain cool things down a bit, though." There's a long, pained sigh. "But that probably means we'll be back to hot, but twice as sticky tomorrow. I don't think my superiors checked in with the Osprey here to ask what sort of clothes were appropriate for the weather here."

"I hope you've both had better luck being prepared for heat here?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 pm 
Ichika shook her head, "No, unfortunately not, and I didn't quite act according to the weather today too much either," she said with a laugh. Glancing up toward the hall that contained the rooms, "Wore my kimono today for a meeting and got stuck with it a good portion of the day," she laughed. "Though, at least I had some resources to buy clothes for the other days, lighter affairs from the Asakaze markets themselves," she looked to the group center with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:33 pm 
"Maybe after payday, I can pick something up. I wonder if they've got any thrift stores down in the marketplace." They certainly didn't in the mall.

She leans forward, interested, "But what kind of things did you buy locally? They seem big into gauzy stuff. Not sure if that would hold up for long." It's obvious that her current outfit has had a long and distinguished career, from the worn knees and frayed blue hems of her heavy linen pants, so the spots where the dye was wearing off of her synth-leather jacket.

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:31 pm 
"There were a few more.." she furrowed a brow, tugged on the garment she wore. Her outfit was a common affair on any of the Crane planets. A small sleeved shirt with comfy pants. "Sturdy? Yea, sturdy clothing options," she said with a smile, "though I understand why the locals would make use of stuff that's a lot lighter," she chuckled. "Oh!" she caught herself before she let it sit, half-laugh and half-words, "and I didn't buy this particular one here but the ones I bought were kinda like this. They breath really nice."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:51 pm 
"It's nice,"Mumei says, shifting the mug to one hand, so she can lean forward and get a look at the fabric. "They'll be good to have while you're here, and like... you'll fit in." she nods, shifting back, and glancing at the holoprojector that's been used for movies each night."

"Oh right...I missed the movie tonight. Did either of you manage to catch it? Any good?"

Description

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:21 pm 
"I have not seen it yet." Kamui starts thinking through all the stuff he's done. "I haven't been to a tailor to see what fashionable things they have here. I feel odd being in civilian clothes so much right now. I'm normally in a uniform of some type."

Theme | Profile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:52 am 
"Nnn," she vocalized, shaking her head as she glanced over toward the room herself. Pausing for a moment as she reflected, a soft smile. Shifting, pulling out her communicator and laying it on the table a moment before she looked back. "Missed the showing for the last few days, unfortunately," she said with a half-chuckle.

Glancing over toward Kamui she had an inward kinda smile, "Don't have to find a tailor, Daidoji-san," she let her previous smile grow toward a smirk, "Though.. maybe we also need to find you something to wear that's a bit more familiar?" she suggested, tapping her chin in thought. "Let you feel a bit more comfortable, maybe."

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next