It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: [D4EM] Morning Routine (Room 2) (expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:40 am 
Awake.

Yul's eyes opened, breath hissing through his teeth. His hands gripped the mat... and then relaxed. Of course. Not on a ship anymore. The strange sensation he'd felt was normal gravity, a lack of engine humming, any number of subtle differences between being in space and being in a planetary atmosphere.

Leaning out a little, Yul glanced over, giving a tiny sigh of relief as he saw that the Spider was already gone. Probably for the best. The fellow seemed alright, but it was still... tense.

Sighing softly, Yul swung his legs over the edge of the bunk, his bare feet touching the floor. Time to get up, and start the day.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

Post subject: Re: [D4EM] Morning Routine (Room 2) (expecting)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:04 am 
"Oh, good morning."

The head of the Scoprion girl popped up from behind the table in the room, arms to either side of her head; Apparently she was doing crunches on the floor, though one could not see the rest of her body from Yul's bed except for her bare knees. Of note was that she did not have a mask on, the black theatre mask laying on the table still next to her.

After the greeting her head and arms disappeared back behind the table, only to reappear a moment later.

"I was wondering how long you were going to sleep in today, Shinjo-san. I would say the sun is up, but I'm afraid it's a bit too cloudy out to really say that."

From what little he could tell, the Bayushi was dressed in a sports bra, at the very least, it's black stretchy fabric set off against the pale skin on her shoulders.

Last edited by Bayushi Tenma on Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:29 am 
Yul's eyebrows went up in mild surprise, but then he smiled gently. "Good morning, Bayushi-san." He said, his voice still thick with sleep.

Slowly, he rose to his feet. For his part, Yul was dressed in tank-top and boxers, clothed enough for private, although certainly not enough to go out. He was leanly muscled, fit and trim rather than bulky. Glancing over, Yul hesitated, noting Tenma's state of undress. It was less the bare skin, and more the lack of a mask that made his eyebrows go up again.

"I must say, I admire your dedication. You train every morning, don't you?" Yul brushed a hand over his face. "Is it that late? I had a strange night..."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:47 am 
"Mmmm, I wouldn't say late per say. Then again, my clock is off with this planet here; I'd not travelled too much off my homeworld before this, so the whole thing of different planets having different rotational periods is throwing me off."

Sitting up fully she put her arms across her knees with a sigh; From this different angle it was clear she was wearing some black shorts as well, one of those trendy things from that Shosuro's Secret brand.

"But yes; I try to exercise every morning; It helps wake me up. I don't like feeling sleepy or out of it, so there's a lot of tea and exercise in my life."

She smiled ruefully.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:05 pm 
Yul couldn't help but admire his Scorpion roommate's legs, casting an appreciative eye over them. There were certainly worse things to wake up to. It was different, somehow, than on a ship. When there was no expectation of privacy, there was also no interest. Here, on a planet, with its extra room and private spaces, a flash of leg was much more intriguing.

Still smiling gently, Yul knelt down, not far from Tenma. "Tea sounds like a good idea." He murmured. "Or maybe some exercise. It's how I adjust to travel, actually. On a ship, you really have to exercise every day, but there's not as much you can do. Groundside... I like to run. Use that space." Yul smiled.

He tilted his head, studying Tenma curiously (and not just her legs). "What are these exercises that you do?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:37 pm 
"Nothing special; Mostly some sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks... a lot of Tai Chi to stay flexible. My old gymnastics routine, really. Not much jogging or distance training I'll admit; I suffered from that during the biathalon yesterday, even if the rest was easy enough."

She gives him a smile as she hops onto her feet, literally able to do so without pushing off anything.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:50 pm 
Yul blinked as Tenma was suddenly standing. His gaze slowly trailed up her figure, his breath catching, until he reached her face. "Show off." He teased, grinning.

Pushing off the ground like a normal person, Yul rose to his feet, eyes still on Tenma's face. "You wanna try cross training sometime? If you want a jogging partner, I'd be happy to do it." Yul shrugged. "And maybe you could show me some of your exercises sometime? Something else I could do on a ship would be nice."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm 
Tenma gave a nod, reaching over and getting a hairband before reaching up to tie her red hair in a ponytail, "Sure; I could probably stand to branch out my workout routine now myself anyways; Change in duty and everything. You're a pilot if I recall, right?"

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:54 am 
"Yep." Smiling, Yul nodded. "Seventh Skyrider Wing, Insect squadron."

He stepped into the shared restroom, leaving the door open, as he splashed some water on his face, still easily visible from the main room. "Change in duty? You mean because of the miai, or did you just get reassigned?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:40 am 
"That's... quite the mouthful of a name; I like it."

A brief smile.

"And I mean being promoted to Yoriki. Like most after graduation, I spent a good time as a Doshin at a post, checking paperwork and responding to calls, and patrolling on motorcycle. It had much more downtime and was much more sedentary; I had much more need for some workout parts than others, and more time for gymnastics. Then again, they say you're over the hill once you reach eighteen as a gymnast anyways, as far as being the best."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:57 am 
Yul grinned. "My callsign's Cricket, too. We all get insect names. Its our thing."

He murmured sympathetically. "Well, you looked pretty good to me." That's certainly true. Drying his hands and face on a towel, he turned to look at her. "Motorcycle, huh? You still do any riding?" Smiling casually, Yul leaned against the door frame, bare arms crossed over his chest.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:16 am 
A small shrug, "I don't own anything of my own, but the precinct owns some good bikes. I've even helped repair one or two. Rode everything from a Yazamaki to a little scooter at various times on the clock."

She paused a moment as if thinking of something as she picked up her towel, putting it over her shoulder, "...and my handle on the radios is Hummingbird. Not all the precinct has bird related handles though."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:28 am 
Yul tilted his head, regarding her with a smile. "Hummingbird. I like it. That's a great name."

He straightened a little, still leaning against the door frame. "I mean... do you do it for fun, or anything? Would you? I've got a scooter rented. It's a pretty good one." He shrugged.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:59 pm 
"A good scooter? ...that DOES sound interesting. Not much of a morning for such things though, with the way to the weather is going on out there. I'm afraid most of us will be stuck inside today, even if we don't want to me."

That got a slight frown, before she walked over to her locker and opened it up, pulling out a smallish bag.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:40 pm 
"Yeah. It's a pity." Yul said. "I hope it clears up by the evening. I've got some stuff planned."

Yul went to his own locker, glancing at something on the door before opening it up. He gave Tenma a sidelong glance. "Well, not today then, but you wanna go riding sometime? It's big enough for two people. Second person just has to hold on to the first." His smile grew a little playful. "I'd be pretty okay with that."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:06 am 
A chuckle.

"Yes yes, I am more than fine with that as long as we can go fast. Or at least take an exciting route if going less fast; I'm not up for just putting slowly around the streets of the Upper City here or anything like that."

Tenma opened up her bag and pulled out a small hand mirror, putting the bag down before starting to adjust her hair and mask in the mirror.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:11 am 
"Hang on." Yul said, turning to face her, crossing his arms over his chest. "You like motorcycles. You like going fast. And we've been sleeping a meter and a half from each other for the last few nights."

He grinned. "How is it that we haven't hung out yet? We gotta go riding sometime."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:48 pm 
Turning from her mirror, Tenma tilted her head, "Hang out? ...like. Hm."

Turning back to the mirror she closed it with a clack before putting it in the bag she'd gotten out, "I suppose I just don't have much experience with that kind of thing? I mostly kept to myself at the dojo, asked not to have a partner on the force. I like people well enough and all, and I actually don't like being alone."

She turned to him, "I guess I just never made it a point to get close to anyone, at least not very often unless I saw some mutual benefit. If that makes any sense; I'm not even sure it makes sense to me though..."

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:16 pm 
Yul frowned thoughtfully as she explained. Shifting, he leaned casually against his locker, one arm up, his brown eyes meeting her red.

"Huh." Yul said, still frowning. "So... this sorta dorm life is actually pretty nice for you, huh? Always someone around, but it's casual." His lips quirked, his eyes quickly passing over her figure, and then back to himself. "Really casual."

He tilted his head. "But never, really? What about when you were a kid?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 pm 
One more thing came out of Tenma's bag, a set of contacts that she put in with the mirror before putting the bag away and turning to the Shinjo, her eyes more clear looking.

"Me as a kid? Same story; I depended on myself for the most part, kept things casual. I had a few good friends, but I tried to not depend too much on them for things."

"The law never rests."
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next