It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Flowers of Carnage & Chill [EA6]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:49 am 
Ruhe found a bench surrounded by all kinds of splendorous vegeration, go the shades on, and enjoyed. His fiddle found itself a way to his hands at some point, and the bow directed his hands toward being played, adding riffy notes to the natural hum of the flora.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

Post subject: Re: Flowers of Carnage & Chill [EA6]
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:57 pm 
Having cleaned up from the dojo, Hyeon-ju figured she'd take a relaxing stroll through the gardens with her special UV-glasses again. Her deep blue tunic with gold accents paired with loose-fitting harem-pants was a nod toward the exotic heritage of the Unicorn long ago.

That she could hear some good music being played, she ended up winding her path along it, until she could find the source.

Not interrupting the music, she took a seat nearby, listening to the music.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 am 
In the corner of his eye Ruhe noticed the arrival, and how good she looked in that outfit against the backdrop of the ultraviolescent flowers was not lost on him, but since Hyeon-ju didn't speak outright, he didn't skip a chord and continued playing as if she ever naturally belonged here, reinterpreting an instrumental piece on his horsehead fiddle with both bow and fingers.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:26 pm 
It would be rude to disturb a virtuoso at work, and while it wasn't her usual preferred music, Hyeon-ju closed her eyes and listened for now. Waiting for the music to draw to a natural conclusion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:19 pm 
It did draw to a close eventually. Ruhe put the bow away and looked at his companion, then stretched out to offer his hand. "Hey Hyeon-ju, how goes?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:46 pm 
"Hey," she gave him a nod in greeting. "Been better, but good music lifts the soul. I hope you're doing alright?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:09 pm 
"About the same as the last time. No need to get too shaken by fleeting things, good or bad. They don't own you, you own them, neh?" He smirked, leaning back. "Guess it's all a bit more complicated than that in the midst of all this marriage spinning but you ride what goes forth."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm 
"Very true," she agreed and took off her UV-glasses. Her own spirits were mostly down because of the funeral this morning, but no need to tell Ruhe about that and bring down his mood.

"How goes the marriage search for you, Ruhe? Any luck so far?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:23 pm 
"I don't know. Nothing in particular. Guess I'm either out of luck or out of wit!" He snickered. "Met some nice ladies but no thunderbolts and lightnings or anything like that. But life goes on and still can take a wild turn! You?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm 
She figured as much. "Well. That's alright. No shame in letting the nakodo match you with someone in the end."

Rubbing her neck, Hyeon-ju gave a wry smile. "A few choices, but none that I want to choose over the other yet. Yul's been luckier there - he seems decided on one. May we be as fortunate as our cousin."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:42 pm 
"If he's going to toss her over his starfighter and fly off to the Burning Star he'd better get her a vacsuit!" Ruhe laughed. "I wish him and his chosen all the best. Same applies to you. Make a good call."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:47 pm 
"Thank you. And I hope the same for you. Is there anything I can do to help you find one that makes you want to... throw him or her over your bike and ride off into the sunset?" Hyeon-ju asked with a quiet chuckle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:49 pm 
"Sure you can! You could drop me some recommendations, and why it'd be good to get interested in someone. After all I want something good for the Unicorn to result from our trip here." He looked at her receptively. "Though our meeting with the Lion didn't pan out as expected, eh? They didn't seem too keen."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:38 pm 
"I'll be meeting with Yasuki Nishida later today, so I'll see what I can do there. Otherwise? Hmmm... there is the Governor's children? I don't know if you've met them."

Speaking of the Lion, she looked a bit puzzled. "I guess my perception was different. To me it felt like we did good in establishing a good first meeting with the Lion, and I've had good contact with them since. I'm personally considering two of the Lion myself, but... well, it's a hard call to make. I'll be spending some more time with them tomorrow, and hopefully it can give a clearer picture of what sort of choice I should make."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:51 am 
"I haven't, are of them interesting? And only male Crab, I think? Who are excellent buddies. I play at their bar."

He rubbed his chin in thought. "I mean Akihiko seems like a cool guy, if it's him you're talking about then I think I get it, but the women... maybe my barbarism rubs them the wrong way, haha! Or they're just focused Lion-style, and don't think much of all this matchmaking."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:12 pm 
"There is one female Crab, Hida Akemi. But the rest seem to be men, yes." She looked at him with a slightly quirked eyebrow. "Is mirror matches alright with you?"

It seemed to her that most men seemed oddly opposed to the idea of marrying another man.

Hyeon-ju gave a brief, dry chuckle. "Well... the Lion are not used to all of our traditions and ways. It must've been a bit of a culture shock to some of them, probably. I don't think any of them dislike you."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 am 
"I guess in the end mirror matches are alright, just not my first preference. I like women for kissing and all that, and if it were a man, it'd have to be a strong bond over other passions, essentially a heavy metal musician." He smirked. "Of people I've met here, only Hotaru Koseki comes close to this."

On the Lion, he shrugged. "I bet you have a better understanding of such things. But in our circumstances it's less about general sympathies or lack thereof, and more about readiness to marry, neh?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:56 pm 
She was certainly seeing a trend among the men at this miai. But, it wasn't her place to pressure Yul or Ruhe to go with any match, as she wasn't their superior.

Even if she should've been, damnit.

"I'm not quite sure I follow...? What does sympathies have to do with marriage?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 pm 
"I'd rather my marriage to work from the get go rather than spend years to make it work. Then I won't be wasting time I don't have that much to waste. It seems to me that a strong initial rapport fixes that, romantic or otherwise." He explained, unabashed by her befuddlement or critique, whatever the question intended.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 pm 
"Hmmm..." she wasn't quite sure she agreed, having a bit of a different viewpoint on marriage, but she wasn't going to argue with her Moto-cousin on what he personally sought in a marriage.

"Well, I hope you will find someone that can fulfill that for you, Ruhe-san. Seems like a challenge." Hyeon-ju gave an encouraging nod at least, even if she remained mostly stoic herself.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next