It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: A Walk in the Garden (LE D6 Expecting)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:05 am 
"Expressing oneself is always difficult..." Ishiyo smiles, "But I can how art would give you an outlet to do such."

She looks down to her feet, "I will not lie, even I am sometimes ill at ease with you-eh mannerisms. But...I do not know, it feels the more we have talked, the more I have been able to see past that. Past the awkward attempts at expression and to you-eh meaning." Her blush returns.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:28 am 
"I am glad, that you see to my meaning." His eyes closed, feeling the air sround them, smiling softly. The warmth in his cheeks accentuating the smile. Opening them, he looked to Ishiyo, blue eyes sparkling.

"These times together. You do make it easier. To just feel the moment, to not be so analytical about everything."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:40 pm 
Ishiyo's cheeks turn a bright red at that, "I...am glad my presence is comforting Daigotsu-san."

"That is another aspect of art." She smiles, her blue eyes shining but kept downwards, "A means of capturing those single fleeting moments...even if they can neveh be more then a copy hinting at the real experience."

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:36 pm 
"More permanent than a memory. But only truly vivid to those who lived it." His voice dropped low, private between them, even as the only ones to walk the path. "I once saw several paintings, that traveled to Shragiku as a celebration of the trade agreements and alliance between our clans. They were stunning. But do you know what struck me most about them?"

He stepped before her, looking to Ishiyo.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:53 am 
Ishiyo paused and raised her eyes to meet his, she pressed her lips into a thin line. Her ears were ringing now. Her hands were grasped together and pressed against her chest. "What Ryuu-san?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:25 pm 
"It was not the art. It was the reaction of those around us. Stoic, hard fsced. Yet you could see the emotions in their eyes. And most important to me, Ishiyo-san," he paused, a deep breath, "my father. Hisnjaw shifted, not a clench, but something else. I do not think he thought anyone would see. But he and my mother lightly touched their fingers together. Her eyes sparkled somewhat, misty eyed. She brought her fan up, to allow a tear to pass."

Ryuu looked away from her for a moment.

"To see those private reactions from those looking at the art. It was beautiful."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:24 pm 
"Then the artist had done theih job spectacularly." Ishiyo held his eyes, "Immortalizing the moment enough to bring forth the emotions in those who had not been there. Perhaps calling on theih own similah experiences. And that emotion traveled to you, albeit indirectly it seems."

Her voice dropped, "If I were an artisan...this moment would be the birth of a masterpiece." She blushed, eyes down cast again.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:34 am 
Whatever semblence of On the Spider had was cracking quickly. He passed the threshold of propriety, keeping their eyes locked. His chest rose and fell, breathing deeply, both trying to maintain composure as well as drinking in the scent of her perfume. Tentatively, his hands came away from behind his back, a struggle to just not reach for hers.

"Ishiyo-san..." his voice cracked, soft in the air between them, "... I..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:06 am 
"I know." Ishiyo replied, "But...we are who we are Daigotsu-san." She lowered her eyes, "...propriety is a gilded cage and I can not escape it...no matter how much I may wish to." The Crane looked back up at him, "And it holds you as well as it does me." Tears sparkled in her eyes again.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:53 am 
"It is. I..." he wanted to look deeper into her eyes, seeing the tears thrre..yet he could not risk more, "... I know. It defends against the hurricane that threatens everything within, that rages deep inside." His voice remained low, a combination of sadness and joy there.

Yet he still remained there, boldly close, but he did not press on. Fighting against instinct, yet allowing sense to prevail.

"I.. never wanted to cause your tears."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am 
"It is not you-eh fault Daigotsu-san," Ishiyo managed a sad smile, "And betteh to have these feelings, even if I can not act on them then to have neveh had them." She remained close, letting the moment linger at least a little longer. All too soon it would have to end.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:51 pm 
"That is what is said. The beauty and the tragedy of life. I would not have it any either way, as well." It was pain, to see the sadness in her expression, but they were together. Shugenja could speak to the kami, and bring forth their power in dramatic displays of might.

This was more magic than any priest could conjure.

"I would... steal as much time with you as we can have together."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:26 pm 
Ishiyo looked back up into his eyes, "Then...a few more minutes. At least a few more minutes." Her smile had returned, there was a melancholy in it. The joy of the moment mixed with the knowledge it will end all too soon.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:09 pm 
He did not say anything. Ryuu did not want to break the spell of the gardens around them. Yet he knew he only had so much willpower. His jaw set, a sharp intake of breath.

How long had it been? Seconds? Minutes? Hours? Years?

Time had lost all meaning in this moment, it did not matter.

"Ishiyo-san... we... we should move on. I... do not want to risk your honor, and I fear with each passing, beautiful, fleeting moment, my reaolve will flag and... well... we... we should press on."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:18 pm 
Ishiyo smiled and dipped her head, stepping to the side so they might once again resume their walk. She did not have the words...just let the moment play out, burning it into her own mind.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:19 pm 
Emotions were still running high. Yet there was peace in walking with Ishiyo. It was a serenity that soothed the soul. His features bore a pleased smile, just enjoying. The thought that this could be life... had entered his mind.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:20 am 
Ishiyo walked along side Ryuu in silence, like him she was just enjoying the moment. Taking in all the little things that would make this remain in her memory. The way the dimming light played across the mushroom trees. The sounds of their feet as they stepped along the path. The light breeze.

But all things must come to an end and as they arrived at the end of the path, Ishiyo turned to look at Ryuu one last time. She closed her eyes and smiled then opened them.

"Thank you Daigotsu-san." The Crane stepped back and dipped into a bow, her tears were back when she rose, "We shall see each other again soon."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 am 
He bowed deeply to her, then let his eyes settle on hers. His jaw set, as if holding back his own emotions.

"It was an honor, and a privilege. As always, Daidoji-san. I eagerly look forward to the next time."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:40 am 
Ishiyo gave Ryuu one last gentle smile before leaving the gardens.

/exit and scene?

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3