It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: We're all just dancing. (Day 11 Early Night, Bluebird)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:54 am 
Mumei applauds the performance, humming along at the chorus. Something silly was, frankly, a perfect follow up. "Fitting after the con and all, Utaku-sama."

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:34 pm 
Yul applauded, stubbornly and cheerfully, to Hyeon-Ju's performance. He hadn't quite hummed along to the performance, but his foot was tapping on the floor along with it.

"Classic choice, Wasp." Yul grinned cheerfully. "I'm worried that's gonna be stuck in my head now, though. I swear, on our last tour, I'd hear that every other time I walked through the break room." It was a popular show to watch, after all.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pm 
"Thank you, thank you." It wasn't exactly her best performance. Or her worst. It wasn't enough beer yet for her worst.

She cleared her throat. "Maybe some Yakumo later, after a few more beers. But, I believe it's Nakauchi-san's turn now, yes?"

The microphone was offered towards the Osprey.

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:48 pm 
"Seems that way." Hayato agreed with an easy smile, his eyes shifting to the Osprey for a moment. "Got something in mind already?" He asked before bring his beer up for another sip.

"On the subject of beers though, anyone ready for another round?" Hayato added as his eyes shifted back to the rest of the group.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:58 pm 
She takes the offered mike, thinking a moment. "Sorry if folks are tired of sappy love songs, but I feel a bit obligated as part of the day's rituals. Promise I'll find something celebrating trees or something next instead."

It's a decent rendition, even if it pushes the priestess' perfectly serviceable alto up a notch. The sense of meeting for moments and a fated story were fitting to what she felt the day deserved though.

When done, she drops back into her seat, perfectly aware being hip to hip in the small space. "Back to you Tsuruchi-sama? Or?... she holds the mike up for whomever will take it next, picking her drink up to check. "hmm, go ahead, I'm going to lag you all a bit."

______
D11 karaoke, High notes/Awareness: 4d10o10k3 27

(and away to work)

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:45 pm 
Yul raised a hand. "Yeah, I'd take another round. On me this time?" Pilots drinking together followed slightly different rules of hospitality.

He watched as Mumei performed, his already bright eyes growing a bit brighter. His applause at the end wasn't any louder than for any of the other performances, but his face was a bit more flushed. Although the beer was part of that.

"Wow," Yul murmured as she sat down, leaning a little closer, hips pressing together just a little more firmly. "That was really something, Mumei." He shifted back... a little, his hip still warm against hers.

He looked at Hayato expectantly, eyebrows going up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:06 pm 
Well, the girl had a pair of lungs on her at the very least. Hayato offered some polite applause as Mumei stopped singing, an amused smile playing onto his lips as hesaw just how close Yul and Mumei were. "Thank was great Nakauchi-san."

"Thanks for offering to get the next round too, Yul-san." He added with a grin, as he picked up the mic and downed the rest of the beer. "I won't go for two love songs in a row." Hayato offered as he picked out a song.

He'd sung it pretty well the day before, but maybe he shouldn't have downed that beer so quickly because he butchered it.

Unskilled singing, awareness day 11 EN: 3d10 10

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:56 pm 
Yul cheered, as always, although part of that might have been the waiter showing up with a fresh round for the party. Yul finished off the rest of his beer before taking another, and passing one to Hayato.

He nodded at the man. "You met Moto Ruhe? That seems like a song he'd like." He relaxed into his seat, one arm casually stretching along the back of the sofa.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:17 pm 
"I've seen him in passing." Hayato replied with a shrug, taking the beer and passing off the Mic. "Never had the chance to talk though." Deciding to me a little bit daring he took a seat on the couch next to Hyeon-ju, though nowhere near as close as yul was to Mumei. The couches really weren't that tiny.

"Think I heard him play the night I met you at the bar?" The can was popped open and he took a sip. "Honestly though, this machine doesn't have too many songs I know. so alot of the time I'm picking something that seems fun."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:48 pm 
Like before, she joined in the cheer and the enthusiasm around the performances. It was much more fun that way.

Hyeon-ju finished her drink at least as Hayato sat down next to her. "Well, you manage to do pretty well with these songs even if you don't know them."

Since there was a lull in singing now, she looked at the menu again. "I suppose I promised Yakumo as my next one..."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:35 pm 
"Yeah." Yul shrugged. "And besides, fun what it's all about."

He shrugged, lips quirking at the mention of Yakumo. "She's got some catchy songs, I'll admit. Danced to one of her numbers on that machine in the arcade."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:38 pm 
He flashed her a grin. "If you like." He passed the Utaku another beer. "I'm pretty sure you said you'd need to drink a bit more though "

"But thanks, I try. Though maybe i should stick a bit more to the classics too." Hayato finished lifting his beer to his lips for a sip.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:10 pm 
"I've had one beer, so might as well get it started."

She wasn't feeling quite as jittery now, and besides, this song she knew without even having to look at the words on-screen. Yul had heard her belt out off-key tones to this song plenty of times as it was one of her favorites.

And this time, Hyeon-ju put on a much better show than last time, with actually trying to hit the notes right (even if that was a challenge for untrained singers to do when compared to the galactic idol) instead of just throwing enthusiasm at it.

----------

D11 EN More untrained karaoke singing!!!: 2d10 17

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:45 pm 
Yul laughed, cheering, clapping his hand on his leg; the other arm was still stretched along the back of the sofa. "Wasp, I gotta admit, you've gotten really good at that one. Nice job." Smiling, he offered his beer glass to clink hers against.

He glanced around, his lips quirked. "Guess it's my turn, huh? Any requests?" He tilted his head. "Maybe it's time for another love song. We've had a break from them."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:01 am 
"Yul-san said it, that was awesome." Hayato replied after a round of clapping at the impressive performance. He was honestly pretty impressed with the Utaku.

"Could be." He replied with an easy smile, his eyes moving from Yul to Mumei and back again. "Did you have anything special in mind? Or just something to celebrate the night?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 am 
That one was catchy enough Mumei found herself tapping a foot along with the tune and joining the applause at some of the particularly dramatic bits. "Suits your voice really well, Utaku-sama, great choice. Little surprised the club wasn't playing that one more, it's got a really nice beat to go with it."

Nursing her own glass, she glances curiously between Yul and Hyeon-ju, wondering about something other than the next song for the moment. "Wasp? A nickname?"

Description

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:43 am 
"Thank you, thank you," she gave a bow this time in response to the praise from the audience.

The mic was passed to Yul. "I heard them play some of her songs there before, so I suppose it depends on who is in charge of the music on certain nights."

As the nickname was brought up, she gave a smirk. "Wasp is my call-sign. Yul's Cricket."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 am 
"He does look like a cricket." Hayato mused glancing towards the other man for a moment. "I think its the hair."

There was a bit on teasing in his tone as he said so and he leaned back into the couch to watch the other man.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:11 am 
She lifts an eyebrow, leaning back against Yul's arm, not particularly surprised to find it across the back of the couch. "Hmm...as in lucky? Assuming they have anything to do with the person they're given to, that is." Callsigns aren't terribly common on traders. "And Wasp for...something to do with shooting?" she guesses.

Description

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:13 am 
"Alright." Yul said, taking the microphone as he rose to his feet, almost entirely steadily, grinning at Hayato as he brushed a hand back through his hair. "Here I go again." He took a deep breath as the possible familiar song began.

The beer was definitely starting to affect Yul, at least a little, loosening him up. And the high notes... were a bit optimistic. And there was even more "something something, baby" than the first one. Still, Yul sang it fairly well, and with his usual energy. As it went on, more and more of it seemed to be directed towards a certain Osprey samurai.

"Whew!" Yul said, grinning. "Okay, I definitely need a break now." His voice did sound a bit hoarse. He took his seat next to Mumei again, sighing pleasantly as they resumed their contact, putting his arm right back where it was.

---------------------------------------------------------------

D11EN Song#2, ENTHUSIASM and LOVE!!!: 2d10 13

Last edited by Shinjo Yul on Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next