It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: [LE1] Moonlight Butterflies [Expecting]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:48 pm 
It was convenient that the welcome banquet has been in the garden. When it had died down, he had made his way to purchase two pairs of the Isawa FutureTech UV-shades. He stood at the park entrance, nervously holding them, though he still held that rigid posture.

Those icy-blues seemed to be focused on all potential avenues of approach, though his blinks came too-far apart for normal people.

Ryuu knew the note delivery was... odd... but he couldn't risk screwing up the invitation, and so he had committed to an odd, if direct approach.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

Post subject: Re: [LE1] Moonlight Butterflies [Expecting]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:19 pm 
The Crane hadn't had time to change from her fanciest of uniforms. Of course the party over her cape, gloves, and hat had returned so it was ironically muted.

Her path through the gardens had been slow, she had pondered picking up some of those advertised UV glasses but thought it might make her look flat out ridiculous. Plus it made it easier to spot her target with out them.

"Daigotsu-san," She approached at a leisurely pace, "A bit odd to ask fo-eh such a meeting with a note, though amusing. I did much the same with you-eh kin." A pleasant smile appeared on her face, "May as well get the rumoh mill started, every courtieh loves a good conspiracy." Ishiyo chuckled at that, "But excuse me, I assume you wished to see me about the miai?"

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:28 pm 
"Yes, Daidoji-san." His smile from earlier returned, the slow, deliberate way it formed on his features, coupled with the intensity of his gaze added to the general... off-ness... about him. "Yes, I agree it was a bit odd, but I did not wish to risk... screwing up my words in asking." The hand holding the extra UV shades were held out, offering them to her

"I have been told the colors in this spectrum are quite beyond compare and inspiring for art and poetry. I got this for you." His voice soft, if direct. "You have deduced my reasoning. Our two clans are allied, and perhaps we could see about strengthening that alliance. Or get to know each other a little more."

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:41 pm 
To her credit the Crane had been well trained, she didn't show any immediate concern with the Spider's off putting nature. Her eyes did drop pretty quickly to the offered glasses. Guess fate had ensured she would in fact look ridiculous tonight. She debated doing the game of refusals but this seemed a bit tedious and too formal given the nature of the offered gift.

"Thank you Daigotsu-san," Her hand appeared from under the cape and took the offered glasses, "My own thoughts had been similah, I had intended to seek out you-eh clan mates tomorrow, seems you have taken the imitative and swooped in first."

"I believe we can dispense with the introductions." Her smile returned and she fiddled with the UV glasses in both hands, "If I may be forward, you-eh eyes seem to imply we bare a distant kinship of a sort." Her own blue eyes flicked back up to meet his.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:52 pm 
"Your directness is welcome and comfortable." He nodded in response, internally grateful that the game of gifts was avoided. "My mother was a Doji. She hailed from Isora's Rest." As he met her gaze, he made a point to blink, trying to put the situation a bit more casual and at ease.

"I have never visited any of the Crane worlds. This... is my first trip outside of Spider space. I have received and sent messages with a few of my cousins in Crane space. It seems... nice." He extended a hand in direction of the gardens, before putting on the bulky glasses.

They were quite out of place with the detailing in his own uniform.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:02 pm 
Now that the Spider had done so, she could probably save a little face. Ishiyo put on the glasses and it looked as silly as one would expect given the Crane's attire. She was just glad the cape covered most of her uniform.

"I was born on Miyabi myself, my fatheh owns a modest estate there." Modest was of course relative, "Though his factories are on Harusame. I've been to most of my clan's worlds at some point oh anotheh. They are all quite beautiful. But I assume otheh's would expect nothing less of the Crane."

She looks out over the garden with the glasses on, "Oh...this is quite beautiful." Her voice betrayed a sense of wonder, for a moment the sight threatened to overwhelm her but she still had a duty. "I am afraid I am not very familiah with the lands of the Spideh, perhaps I might ask what you-eh homeworld is like?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:14 pm 
"Shiragiku is... nice. Agriworld. The Hungry Dead do cause issues from time to time, but our priests can handle them. Lots of clouds. The holdings of my family there are brutalist in architecture, yet my mother made sure that there is some beauty in the starkness of it." He seemed to casually mention the issues with the realm of Gaki-do as easily as oje would a bad rainstorm.

"Our planetary holdings are usually more... unforgiving than what others would want. But they have their charms."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:27 pm 
Ishiyo's lip twitched at the mention of gaki, "I see, yes a bit more..." She searched for the word, "lively then my own world it seems."

The Crane used the excuse of looking at the beautiful view to reorder her thoughts, "Brutalist? If I recall a talented architect can still do some interesting things while keeping its emphasis on function."

She mentally kicked herself for not having written up some questions, just have to wing it for now, "You mentioned you-eh mother, but might I inquire about you-eh father. My own runs Peregrine Luxury Aerospace, Automotive, and Racing. Has since Grandfather stepped down, and it goes all the way back to a shipyard on the old Yasuki peninsula." Ishiyo was very much the oldest sort of old money. "He does a modest business, manufacturing luxury cars and yachts for his clients."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:35 pm 
"My father is a Clan Magistrate. Dedicated to the law. Our line tends to follow that path, though a couple branches move into diplomacy. Nothing so storied there. But he always made time for myself, and now my two siblings as well."

He took a moment to observe the luminescent qualities of the garden through the shades, then to look back to her. "To be able to trace back to the Homeworld like that, is impressive. Are there any designs your father's company puts out that you personally enjoy? Or is it more custom work for each client, without standardization?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:00 am 
"Is it though?" The Crane seemed genuinely confused for a moment, didn't everyone have meticulous genealogical records dating back to the dirt farmers that formed their family. "Ah well, as you say then."

Her smile returned. "It really depends, most of his clients have a certain need for customization but a lot of the components that make up the guts are standard. Of course fo-eh some of them even the frame and engine has to be built from the ground up. Mostly those interested in the racing aspects.'

"As fo-eh my favorite, well most of the ones I have rode in were all custom works. Fatheh's yacht, the family cah, and once even the company's sponsored racing pinnace. I suppose the last was my favorite." She considers the garden quietly for a moment, "No, no that would be incorrect." Ishiyo pulls out her densai from the cape and holds it up.

"My favorite of fatheh's work, well not strictly speaking his work he just has a majoh stake in its design, is the Naval Fighteh Model 3 Daisagi." Her smile positively beamed now, "I was honoh-ed to be among the first Crane squadrons that received the fighteh. All six of my kills have been in one!"

Her posture shifted, moving from calm serenity to absolute surety, "Sadly I can not say much on how she handles, the fighteh is still very much new. I would not have been able to even show a picture of it if we had not just released video footage on KNN." The pride she felt practically radiated from her face.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:43 am 
"Your smile is very attractive when you get excited about something you enjoy. The fighter seems to be state of the art and aggressive. I am sure your navy is quite proud." All the statements were spoken with the same awestruck level, though the smile waned when he moved on from talking about her smile.

"A fighter pilot. Excellent physical training and skill. I am not surprised. There was something in your stance and demeanor that spoke to such. I am afraid that my tales of low level law enforcement are no where near as exciting."

Yes. Self-deprecating humor. Excellent choice. He mused to himself as he watched his companion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:48 am 
Ishiyo blinked again at that and lowered her densai, "Oh...well thank you Daigotsu-san." She assumed it was a compliment, even if the delivery left something to be desired. "You are not physically unattractive you-eh self." A small chuckle escaped her lips.

"Yes, though my physical training is focused on reaction time and coordination. I think you would find my raw strength lacking. One wondehs how I can pull myself up into the cockpit." She obliged the poor awkward Spider with a bit of her own self-deprecation.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:51 am 
"Oh. Thank you, Daidoji-san. You are too kind." The flush of a man unused to compliments showing in his features. "And you are very welcome. It is very nice to see you smile." He fumbled along in the conversation, his posture still at attention.

"Poetry. I am not skilled in it, but I can tell when it would be inspired. This garden evokes it. Your excitement about flying does the same."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:09 am 
"It is quite beautiful," Ishiyo concedes, his comments were most definitely off putting...especially in that stilted manner of speaking he had. But the Crane felt some measure of sincerity behind it, she wasn't a judgmental sort...for the most part. "You needn't worry with such formalities in speech, Daigotsu-san. We are trying to assess each otheh fo-eh...a possible long term relationship afteh all. There seems to be no one here, feel free to speak you-eh mind."

"I might add you are in good company when it comes to poetry, I too am more one who enjoys ratheh then creates." She pushes the glasses back up her nose, "In truth my skill in the arts is limited to what I can do in the ai-eh and some of Lord Kakita's most famous art."

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:16 am 
He seemed to look over his shoulder a moment, then back to her. "You are... you're right." The words seemed unnaturally spoken when switching to an attempt to be more casual.

"I am sorry that I am nervous. It is not... isn't just us assessing for ourselves, but for our clans, families, the Empire itself." His lips pursed into a tight line, and a blink of his eyes. "I would... I'd be very interested in seeing that most honored skill. I could use some lessons."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:27 am 
"Duty is always a heavy burden," She smiles reassuringly, "But you still have to put up with the person duty oh not, would not hurt to be a little familiah with them. If a lack of formality makes you uncomfortable then it is alright to switch back to it I suppose."

"I would offeh to demonstrate iaijutsu tomorrow morning, but I had an expected meeting arrive at an unexpected time and will not be able." She considers for a moment, "But with me being grounded for the duration of this miai, I really do need to spend time practicing some of what my sensei taught me. I was planning on alternating days swimming and days practicing my martial skills however."

"It is a bit surprising to heah a magistrate in training has not been trained in iaijutsu. You-eh more crime detecting skills taking priority?"

Her words and speech pattern kept its air of formality even as her tone and mannerism had become more casual. One might suspect her accent and cadence had been meticulously drilled into her and the Daidoji simply wasn't capable of speaking any other way...at least it was pleasing to the ear.

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:46 am 
"Yes, it is. I'm much more a detective and seeker. While iaijutsu is a skill I am lacking, I assure you, I am not unskilled with a blade." There was an upturn in his smile, his posture relaxing as the conversation progressed. As they walked, it was clear he felt a little more in his element as he moved.

"Whenever you would like a sparring partner, I am available to you. I am a fast learner." The smile was a little wider.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 am 
"Then I shall notify you the day prioh to my iaijutsu practice." She taps a few buttons on her densai and Ryuu should feel or hear a notification of a new message.

Communicator: Inu-Tai-i_Wan-Wan!! wrote:
Test message!

"There did you get that? Making sure I had you-eh contact information correct from the shuttle yesterday." Assuming he received it she would nod, "Well then, since you do not duel what all sort of skills does the a crime detectoh use?"

ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:06 am 
His communicator chirped, a melodic sound of a flute playing. He nodded. "Message received." He made sure to save the information, before slipping it back into his jacket.

"Knowledge of the Law. How to read people, to look over a scene. It is akin to a method the Kitsuki are known for, but not quite the same. I also have skill in tracking, which lends itself to the sport of hunting. But that isn't directly related to how I accomplish my duties."

"Criminals are not known for their propensity to duel, but violence happens often. So I have much practice with my katana."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:12 am 
"But surely you have to occasionally engage a suspect and reveal thei-eh treachery through the heaven's judgment? A duel to prove them liahs behind a facade of honoh?" Clearly Ishiyo's understanding of police work was tainted by one too many serials.

"Any interesting stories to tell? Chases through crowded streets?"

ProfileTheme
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next