It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (red tent)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:39 am 
Shokomaru looked up from his meal to see the little...thing...that was recorded and being presented. A smirk as he continued eating. Maybe he'd have to go out sometime after all.

Then he downed most of his drink, just as he saw a servant passing near so they'd fill it up again.

Still, sitting there on his own wasn't going to do him any favors. He looked around the tent for a suitable conversation partner.
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Think grandpa had planned to send me to a miai since before I was six. Well, he had planned for big bro and big sis weddings since before they were even born, so that's quite late for him. To quote him, my role is to expand the family beyond his usual circles. I think he means people he is not in business with by that."

Moto Ganbold wrote:
"But the Governor flew with us in a special squadron some years back, so I think he's got things pretty near figured out, as far as priorities go."

"Oh? There's a nice story in the making there. Please tell, please tell, I love stories! Does it have many explosions?"

Looks dangerous and ill-advised. Let's go.

He stood up and walked over to the soldiers talking in a group. He wasn't in uniform then, looking more casual. He has his drink but his skewers were long since devoured.

"I'll take a story too, Moto-san, but I get to go next." he held his cup out in salute to the others. "Daigotsu Shokomaru, chuui of the 5th company, 9th Obsidian legion. It's a pleasure."

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:53 am 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:

"I'll take a story too, Moto-san, but I get to go next." he held his cup out in salute to the others. "Daigotsu Shokomaru, chuui of the 5th company, 9th Obsidian legion. It's a pleasure."

Akemi froze. So far, she had met the impersonator and the necromancer, now the general was entering the fray.

She acknowledged his presence with a mechanical bow of her head:

"Hi Daigotsu-sama. A chuui you say? What brings such a high ranking officer so far from his troops in those troubled times?"

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:01 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Hi Daigotsu-sama. A chuui you say? What brings such a high ranking officer so far from his troops in those troubled times?"

"Marriage", he raised an eyebrow at her. "Was that not supposed to be the case? Or do I look like someone who needs to sneak a free meal from the Phoenix clan?" he seemed fairly amused by her asking him questions without even an introduction.

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:08 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:

Akemi froze. So far, she had met the impersonator and the necromancer, now the general was entering the fray.

She acknowledged his presence with a mechanical bow of her head:

Tetsu likewise freezes as the high ranking Spider stops over, and tries to catch Akemi's eye. He had been there before, in the shuttle, when tension with the Spider had ratcheted up.

"Hida-san, have you tried this sake yet? It's watered down, but I have to say it makes for a nice refreshment with the spicy lizard" Tetsu moves to back up his Clan mate, ready to try to stop her if something happens.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:17 am 
"Marriage", he raised an eyebrow at her. "Was that not supposed to be the case? Or do I look like someone who needs to sneak a free meal from the Phoenix clan?" he seemed fairly amused by her asking him questions without even an introduction.

"I would have thought the marriage would have come before the promotion and you were more of a chaperon for your many clansmates. But maybe it's the story you intend to tell?"

She did a barely perceptible bow:

"Hida Akemi. Hida shock troops. On temporary leave from the army due to injury, but I've gotten better. Expected back to the front as soon as the marriage is contracted."

Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"Hida-san, have you tried this sake yet? It's watered down, but I have to say it makes for a nice refreshment with the spicy lizard" Tetsu moves to back up his Clan mate, ready to try to stop her if something happens.

Her mechanical hand was twitching. She used it to get the drink from Tetsu and gulped it down in one go:

"Thanks Fundai-san. Daigotsu-sama, this is the honorable Fundai Tetsu, one of our finest engineers."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:22 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"I would have thought the marriage would have come before the promotion and you were more of a chaperon for your many clansmates. But maybe it's the story you intend to tell?"

She did a barely perceptible bow:

"Hida Akemi. Hida shock troops. On temporary leave from the army due to injury, but I've gotten better. Expected back to the front as soon as the marriage will be contracted."

Her mechanical hand was twitching.

"A chaperone?" he chuckled and drank more sake, watered down as it was. "I'm on duty still, but not with my unit. Marriage is business, after all. Otherwise I don't think I'd be able to talk with you this close, Hida-san." he looked her in the eyes and then appraised her form of dress, her stance, her body, her arm.

He smiled. "Though I have to say I prefer this to being shot at."

He gave the other Crab a proper enough bow for the distance between them socially.

"Nice to meet you."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:23 am 
Tetsu offers a similar bow as usual. "Kaiu Tetsu of Fundai, Technical Officer. We like to joke that there are few problems that can't be solved with enough artillery. Inner Peace through Superior Firepower and all that." He offers a mirthless smile to his joke.

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:38 am 
She tried to learn more about the Daigotsu simply by looking intensely at him – his age for one – but to no avail.

"Out of curiosity, how big is your delegation? It seems than wherever I look I see the mon of Spider."

She tried to find a neutral subject to reroute the conversation to:

"How was your first day on this planet? If this is your first day here of course."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:43 am 
Somewhat grateful that the conversation had moved past him when the Spider showed up, Ganbold stood quietly aloof, in case Hida-san needed backup. Though what kind of meaningful backup he could provide in this context seemed limited.

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:46 am 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
He offers a mirthless smile to his joke.

Shokomaru smiled at the not-joke, as was proper. He also didn't take the conversational bait.
Hida Akemi wrote:
She tried to learn more about the Daigotsu simply by looking intensely at him – his age for one – but to no avail.

"Out of curiosity, how big is your delegation? It seems than wherever I look I see the mon of Spider."

She tried to find a neutral subject to reroute the conversation to:

"How was your first day on this planet? If this is your first day here of course."

"Oh I think there's about seven of us here for the miai, a nakodo was assigned to us. HQ is taking this seriously, it seems", he replied, seemingly unconcerned with sharing that much. "On the not of my first day, well I got held up at the hotel a little, but I've settled in. The flight down from the station wasn't half bad, and the weather here is nice." It seemed he was used to it being hot, as his clothes were snappy and a bit formal, he didn't appear to be particularly warm. "Though finally getting to talk to a lady not of my own clan is a relief. I was beginning to think they were all hiding."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:59 am 
"Though finally getting to talk to a lady not of my own clan is a relief. I was beginning to think they were all hiding."

"Oh. I'm sure our Phoenix hosts have a lot of beautiful female clansmembers lined up for this miai, and that at least one of them will catch your interest. Probably just hiding them until some sort of deal have been made with your nakodo.

You've come to marry Phoenix right? This is a Phoenix miai after all."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:11 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Oh. I'm sure our Phoenix hosts have a lot of beautiful female clansmembers lined up for this miai, and that at least one of them will catch your interest. Probably just hiding them until some sort of deal have been made with your nakodo.

You've come to marry Phoenix right? This is a Phoenix miai after all."

"Much like you, I'm a soldier, I was looking for someone a little more exciting, maybe a strong front line fighter", he said coolly, smile still in place. "Someone with too much courage and pride to hide from a little danger."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:24 am 
Akemi knew he was teasing her. This did absolutely nothing to put her out of panic zone.

"Oh, got perfect girl for you then. Met her at the gym today. A fearless Matsu of incredible physique. You'll love her at first sight."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:35 am 
Ganbold turned his head toward Akemi. Whew, that was close, Hida-san!! Maybe he'll take the bait!! Did he take the bait? He looked back at Shokomaru...

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:38 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Oh, got perfect girl for you then. Met her at the gym today. A fearless Matsu of incredible physique. You'll love her at first sight."

He seemed pleased at her response, but it likely wasn't for the reason Akemi was hoping.

I thought you said you were a shocktrooper, not a courtier, Hida-san.

"I'll be certain to tell her you sent me, but if I'd know her at a glance I can safely say she isn't here, and it'll be a long miai, Hida-san. So why don't we get to know each other a bit? Despite what you may have heard of the Spider, I'm not such the horrid type."

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:42 am 
She was sure of it now: This whole miai was a trap.

She slurped a whole cup of sake to help her keep her countenance. Somewhat.

"Suuure. So, what do you like to do in your spare time Daigotsu-sama?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:48 am 
"Bit of reading, I'm working on a renga project but my hands and brain don't agree on how much talent I have yet", he admitted with a bit of mirth. "Being an officer means I devote a lot of off hours to paperwork, it's tiresome but duty isn't all shooting and death. Staying above most common fun, letting it be something my soldiers can share together, that's one of the toughest parts. Here at the miai though, there might be some opportunities for that sort of thing. I'm interested in that, are you?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:04 am 
"Bit of reading, I'm working on a renga project but my hands and brain don't agree on how much talent I have yet", he admitted with a bit of mirth. "Being an officer means I devote a lot of off hours to paperwork, it's tiresome but duty isn't all shooting and death. Staying above most common fun, letting it be something my soldiers can share together, that's one of the toughest parts. Here at the miai though, there might be some opportunities for that sort of thing. I'm interested in that, are you?"

"Yes. I mean no. Must study for my exams if I want to rank up soon. Yeah, that's totally it. Just planned to go back to the inn and read this evening. Totally not to party the night away. Not my style. I am very boring woman you see."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:08 am 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Yes. I mean no. Must study for my exams if I want to rank up soon. Yeah, that's totally it. Just planned to go back to the inn and read this evening. Totally not to party the night away. Not my style. I am very boring woman you see."

"Good one, Hida-san, I didn't expect the humor so soon", he said with an honest chuckle. "Where would you like to meet?"

Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:24 am 
Sensing the poor Hida’s discomfort, one of the Scorpion tried to politely change the subject.

“Excuse me,” he said. “I’m Bayushi Akagi. Did Daigotsu-chui mention he wished to tell a story? The Obsidian Legion has a fearsome reputation, and I’m sure a combat commander of your obvious experience would have many impressive tales to tell.” He bowed.

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next