It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (yellow tent) EE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:37 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Tall? Y-yea.. I suppose so?" she tilted her head even more to the side, raising on a foot awkwardly. Then, slipping back firmly onto her foot, "You sound like you're avoiding something, Lion-sama," she smiled, and brought her hands up to her sides, "It's alright though! You can tell me!" she said leaning in a little.

...Damn, Doji were good, she'd read Shoan like a scroll.

"Umm, my apologies Doji-san, you are right. Honesty is the best way forward."
The Lion carefully unclenches her hands and tries to stand straight
"I was intending to make small talk with you, since you appear affable and attractive. However, when I initiated the conversation I nearly made a verbal faux pas regarding your eyepatch. I attempted to correct but it was a clumsy effort regardless of whether I am tall or not. I apologise unreservedly and if you prefer I will return to the side of the tent."

Profile art credit: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/k4nea2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:45 am 
"Outside the city?" The cup of tea has disappeared, set down on a convenient tray as a servant passed by, and a finely detailed fan was currently resting closed in her hand and tapping delicately against her leg. "No, just simply a few places in town. I have heard its rather dangerous to travel outside the city but a hunt in such conditions could be just the right amount of excitement needed to get one going for the festivities."

Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
Satoru had no inkling of which tent to join so he picked one at random and walked in. He wore robes that were on the traditional side of fashionable for a priest, they were of fine quality though made from spider silk black with a subtle, deeper black web pattern.

He adjusted his glasses as he walked in and surveyed they room, grabbing some refreshment and deciding to simply observe for now.

With a few subtle changes to her body language, Hakka tries to convey that she is open to more conversation if Satoru should wish to join Nozomi and herself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:55 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
"I was intending to make small talk with you, since you appear affable and attractive. However, when I initiated the conversation I nearly made a verbal faux pas regarding your eyepatch. I attempted to correct but it was a clumsy effort regardless of whether I am tall or not. I apologise unreservedly and if you prefer I will return to the side of the tent."

"Ah," she brought a hand up and touched the corner of her eye-patch. "I'm sorry," she uttered before she'd totally collected everything Shoan had said, "Oh, no! It's quite alright Lion-sama! Did you want to watch the performers with me?" she said, indicating the performers now certainly just behind her.

Then she thought back further and turned a little red, but she tried her best to hide it, her makeup helped.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:04 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
"Ah," she brought a hand up and touched the corner of her eye-patch. "I'm sorry," she uttered before she'd totally collected everything Shoan had said, "Oh, no! It's quite alright Lion-sama! Did you want to watch the performers with me?" she said, indicating the performers now certainly just behind her.

Then she thought back further and turned a little red, but she tried her best to hide it, her makeup helped.

When Ichika says 'sorry' Shoan looks like she'd been punched in the gut
"You don't...I mean, yes. I would like to watch the performers with you Doji-san, I assure you, I can do that."
If she notices any redness on Ichika's part, the Murame gives no indication
"They are very skilled."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:32 am 
"Don't know of any. I mean, we're small but I don't know every other Osprey, so maybe?" She shrugs, 'Not me for sure."

"Does sound like fire kami, but without the cleverness and warmth."

Pausing for a bite of her skewer--fried anything is not as tasty cold--offers a pause to think of appropriate questions for a miai. "So, the kami's gift doesn't mean you have to be in medicine. So, what took you there?" she asks, finally.

Carried: Wakizashi, holoslate, communicator,inhalator, sweets, writing materials

Description

"Remember what the Dormouse said" -Jefferson Airplane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:

When Ichika says 'sorry' Shoan looks like she'd been punched in the gut
"You don't...I mean, yes. I would like to watch the performers with you Doji-san, I assure you, I can do that."
If she notices any redness on Ichika's part, the Murame gives no indication
"They are very skilled."

"They put their hearts into it, I think." she said, turning back to them and looking for Shoan to join her at the side. "Anyway.. have we introduced one another yet?" she chuckled lightly.

"I am Doji Ichika, diplomat kinda.. well, maybe. Guess we'll see if it stays the same after the Miai," another soft laugh.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:54 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:

"They put their hearts into it, I think." she said, turning back to them and looking for Shoan to join her at the side. "Anyway.. have we introduced one another yet?" she chuckled lightly.

"I am Doji Ichika, diplomat kinda.. well, maybe. Guess we'll see if it stays the same after the Miai," another soft laugh.

Introductions.....Ahhhh!
Shoan takes Ichika's side

"Oh, forgive me, I did not give you a chance to introduce yourself. I am Ikoma of the Murame who serve Shoan."
There's a pause for a few moments
"That is, Shoan....of the Muraume....who serve the Ikoma. I'm...as you can tell, not a diplomat. I serve in the Jade Legions.[/i]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:58 am 
The Obsidian Magistrate took a long sip from the refreshing barley tea, swaying slightly to the music as he listened. His eyes, unblinking, took in the mingling of the others.

Carries: Daisho, Sidearm, Uniform with the Daigotsu Mon, rank in Silver with black outline, Jade cufflinks, Communicator, Densai
Danger: Rifle, Light Armor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
With a few subtle changes to her body language, Hakka tries to convey that she is open to more conversation if Satoru should wish to join Nozomi and herself.

Satoru caught the changes in body language and thought for a moment. This while event was very much not his sort of affair but he was sent here for a reason, might as well dive in.

He approached the two women and offered an appropriate if somewhat stiff bow "Good evening this one is Kuchiki Satoru Doctor of Unit 137 colonization and settlement medical division." His introduction may have been a touch formal.

"How are you all liking this?" He said gesturing vaguely around.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:32 am 
Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
He approached the two women and offered an appropriate if somewhat stiff bow "Good evening this one is Kuchiki Satoru Doctor of Unit 137 colonization and settlement medical division." His introduction may have been a touch formal.

"How are you all liking this?" He said gesturing vaguely around.

Hakka bows in return, a polished smile in place, her fan opened in hand as she begins to speak, "One such as I always enjoys the company of others, Kuchiki-sama. This one is known as Doji Hakka, of the vassal family Katogama, a minor courtier. And," she gestures to the other woman, "this is Kitsu Nozomi."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:49 am 
Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
"Oh, hold on a second Hotaru-san." She retrieved her densai from a hidden pocket in her coat, very nearly damaging the buttons in her haste. "I have a picture of the class of fighteh I flew."

"The Naval Fighteh Model 3 Daisagi, top of the line...so I could not tell you its specs I am afraid, still classified." She nodded and held the densai up for both the minor clan members to see. "I will try to find some time tomorrow fo-eh such a meeting Hotaru-san, I would be very eageh to heah you-eh own experiences with those opportunistic vultures stalking the trade routes."

Koseki took one look at the fighter and knew it was worth more than the entire squadron his Clan had assembled. He wouldnt call them fighters, that would be overly charitable. This though? A whole other level. Like another world entirely.

"That's your fighter?! I've never seen anything like it! I... Oh. My apologies. I will do my best to wait patiently Daidoji-sama. I have a thousand or so questions, but that would be unfair to Suzume-san. Tomorrow would be wonderful."

Suzume Shion wrote:
[/i]
"Daidoji-sama, Hotaru-san. I'm Suzume Shion. Work for the Miya Entertainment Network. So... a military and an... 'Explorer', then uh?" - she didn't really know what to call the Hotaru. 'Miner' was what came to mind when she thought about the Firefly, but it didn't seem proper...

"So... both pilots, then? That sounds interesting", she says, kinda believing what she said. Not that she thought she'd do it, but it sounded like an interesting life.

"Pleased to meet you Suzume-san. I think that in the presence of Daidoji-sama you could say that I am one who can fly various machines, whereas she is quite clearly a Pilot." He gave a respectful nod accompanied by a wry smile and nodded at the image of the fighter. "We Firefly tend to have a broad set of skills. I am fixing spacecraft as often as flying them." He gave the Sparrow an interested look. "So, are you a reporter then Suzume-san?"

Equipment: Sturdy clothes, densai, Sidearm, Daisho, lighter, smokes.
Where appropriate: Light armour, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:02 am 
Nozomi offered a bow that was courteous and only such to the Spider. "It is nice to have such delicacies. The Phoenix have been very generous indeed."

She looked back to Hakka and then smirked. "Going hunting? Is that a Crane courtier pass-time?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 am 
Hide had on her dress uniform for this. It’s always good to put on your best for a good first impression. All that was left was to choose a tent.

Yellow was a nice color. And the meat skewers smelled pretty great, so Hide gravitated towards that tent. The Matsu savored the first instance of a real meal in weeks.

Betrothed to Kuni Eriko

Artist (NSFW stuff in the gallery)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 am 
Suzume Shion wrote:
"Daidoji-sama, Hotaru-san. I'm Suzume Shion. Work for the Miya Entertainment Network. So... a military and an... 'Explorer', then uh?" - she didn't really know what to call the Hotaru. 'Miner' was what came to mind when she thought about the Firefly, but it didn't seem proper...

"So... both pilots, then? That sounds interesting", she says, kinda believing what she said. Not that she thought she'd do it, but it sounded like an interesting life.

Ishiyo blushed a little, realizing she had been crowding out the poor Sparrow. "Ah...my apologies...afteh I had been the one who approached you...so the Miya Entertainment Network?" She nodded, "Audio or Visual? If...I might ask."

She was back to smiling, a pleasant expression drilled into every Crane. Her eyes spent a moment studying the Suzume.

Carries: Daisho and Sidearm (when appropiate), Densai, Personal Seal, Communicator, Portable Informator.
ProfileTheme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:19 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
Hakka bows in return, a polished smile in place, her fan opened in hand as she begins to speak, "One such as I always enjoys the company of others, Kuchiki-sama. This one is known as Doji Hakka, of the vassal family Katogama, a minor courtier. And," she gestures to the other woman, "this is Kitsu Nozomi."

"A pleasure to meet you both and San is more than sufficient, I assure you I am no one deserving such respect."I am interested in the local hunting grounds, I have heard the fungal forest here is home to many interesting creatures."

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:29 am 
Kitsu Nozomi wrote:
Nozomi offered a bow that was courteous and only such to the Spider. "It is nice to have such delicacies. The Phoenix have been very generous indeed."

She looked back to Hakka and then smirked. "Going hunting? Is that a Crane courtier pass-time?"

Hakka's expression doesn't change but something about her seems to go flat in effect. "Yes, Kitsu-sama. Though not greatly skilled, I've more than hit a target or two, the same for the beasts on my family's estate. Should I pass my time in another way perhaps?"

She uses her fan to surreptitiously call for a server, this time to bring a cup of alcohol. After receiving it she takes a long pull, of it and then holds it in the hand not occupied.

Kuchiki Satoru wrote:
"A pleasure to meet you both and San is more than sufficient, I assure you I am no one deserving such respect."I am interested in the local hunting grounds, I have heard the fungal forest here is home to many interesting creatures."

"They sound interesting do they not, Kuchiki-san? I do hope for at least a chance to see what is there." The flatness seems to disappear when she speaks to Satoru.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:40 am 
Murame Shoan wrote:
Introductions.....Ahhhh!
Shoan takes Ichika's side

"Oh, forgive me, I did not give you a chance to introduce yourself. I am Ikoma of the Murame who serve Shoan."
There's a pause for a few moments
"That is, Shoan....of the Muraume....who serve the Ikoma. I'm...as you can tell, not a diplomat. I serve in the Jade Legions.[/i]

Ichika giggles at that, covering her mouth with a sleeve of her kimono, "Well, I'm just glad there are no Ikoma around to hear that," she laughed again.

What do you do when you're not serving the Jade Legions, Ikoma-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:46 am 
Doji Ichika wrote:
Ichika giggles at that, covering her mouth with a sleeve of her kimono, "Well, I'm just glad there are no Ikoma around to hear that," she laughed again.

What do you do when you're not serving the Jade Legions, Ikoma-san?"

For a second it looks as though Shoan is going to respond with 'I always serve the Jade Legions', but it appears not even this Murame is that dedicated to the cause.

"I travel, I enjoy bad music, I study history and sometimes I put my foot in my mouth. What about yourself, Doji-san?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:10 am 
Doji Hakka wrote:
"They sound interesting do they not, Kuchiki-san? I do hope for at least a chance to see what is there." The flatness seems to disappear when she speaks to Satoru.

"Im sure we could arrange some time to go out and visit the forest. Though I understand there are also some quite dangerous animals that can live there. I believe they say not to stay there too late, even if it can be quite beautiful at night." His own tone was distant and possibly a little analytical and a touch cold but this was just perhaps how he was.

Profile Theme

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:19 am 
Hotaru Koseki wrote:
"That's your fighter?! I've never seen anything like it! I... Oh. My apologies. I will do my best to wait patiently Daidoji-sama. I have a thousand or so questions, but that would be unfair to Suzume-san. Tomorrow would be wonderful."

"Pleased to meet you Suzume-san. I think that in the presence of Daidoji-sama you could say that I am one who can fly various machines, whereas she is quite clearly a Pilot." He gave a respectful nod accompanied by a wry smile and nodded at the image of the fighter. "We Firefly tend to have a broad set of skills. I am fixing spacecraft as often as flying them." He gave the Sparrow an interested look. "So, are you a reporter then Suzume-san?"

Daidoji Ishiyo wrote:
Ishiyo blushed a little, realizing she had been crowding out the poor Sparrow. "Ah...my apologies...afteh I had been the one who approached you...so the Miya Entertainment Network?" She nodded, "Audio or Visual? If...I might ask."

She was back to smiling, a pleasant expression drilled into every Crane. Her eyes spent a moment studying the Suzume.

The Sparrow shakes her head and extends her hand apologetically. "Oh, don't worry about that, Daidoji-sama, Hotaru-san. It's always good to find shared interests too, ne?, she says, with a small smile following a quick grin at the Hotaru's comment, then settles into a more neutral face and sips his tea before answering them

"Oh - Audio - definitely only audio. 'Ve worked on the soundtracks for quite a few shows, sound design and editing for others. You might've seen Three millenia of Iaijutsu, maybe? Or..." she thinks a bit better on something they might like. "Oh... there's that show about pilots, Honour in space?"

Honour: Exceptional * Status: 1 * Glory: 1 * CP: 0

Carries: Communicator, Densai+Radio+Headphones, Wakizashi, 1> Instruments, Purse.
Sidekick: Stray the mutt
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next