It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (pink tent) EE
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:44 am 
Mal-Chin nods at Chiruha's question. "And if you'd like, I can send you all a survey to help with the miai?" He holds up his densai, "It's got some information about Shiro Yaoke as well, to help you navigate over the next few days..as well as I guess the rest of your life, as when I have the site up on our network, you should be able to access it to learn about everyone else who has filled out the survey."

He doesn't have a specific idea on how to better Shiro Yaoke, at least nothing new that he and Chiruha hadn't talked about in the past. Though he does bring up one of his old standbys that he hasn't let go of, "I still think if we develop our arts in a creative way, that we can garner attention as a cultural icon in this section of the galaxy."

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal
"Way down deep, you ain't hiding the truth"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:14 am 
"I suppose I can look into that survey." Hayato replied after a moment. "Though it might be missing an opportunity as well as it were." He looked over the group. "I believe we are all here for the miai so wouldn't getting together in person be a better way to help with the miai?

"We already have four of us, three gentlemen and a lady. If we could find two more young ladies to join us, local or otherwise we would have a even six and a even ratio to men and women. Then we just need to find a good place to find out more about the planet and each other." Plus it would match the days lucky number.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

Courtship points: 6 (Certified quality husband material)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:17 am 
Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:
The conversational circle had doubled in size. Not only the Spider, but also a fellow Moto. Her senses adapted to include them all. "Well met. Thank you for the introduction, Matsu-san." She gave a bow, figuring it was the most efficient solution for now in greeting.

"And yes, we certainly want to find out if there is a shooting range. Or something similar. But as Moto-san added, there might be wild game for target practice."

Then she added in; "and of course, we would have to make certain that is acceptable with our host. We are all here as guests."

"As long as we have proper permission, indeed. And perhaps if they have a spare Marksman's Rifle I could use. My on-assignment service weapon is an HAR, which is not exactly... sensible for hunting," she allowed herself a mild, sardonic smile.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:21 am 
"Depends on what you're hunting, probably? I have no idea about the local fauna. Anyone has done any research on that?" Ruhe wondered if the stew was from local fauna.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:23 am 
"If we are hunting something that requires a weapon that can punch holes in star ships, I feel it would be something of a dereliction of duty for us to pursue it when we are supposed to be aiming to get married," Chiyoko notes calmly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:27 am 
No comment on that. Though she kind of wanted to see it in action.

"Who knows, there seem to be many bushi here for the miai... maybe there will be some sharpshooting competitions, or the like?"

Has: Daisho, sidearm, fashionable attire, cool shades, densai, comm, Kami-pet.
Sometimes: Light armor, Marksman rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:33 am 
"Maybe. Though I don't know what to expect of the miai. Never been to one before." He chuckled. Probably no-one here was experienced in this regard. "But ain't the purpose of it to give us opportunities to shine and impress with skills and knacks so that the match in the end is as fine as one can earn? For all the warriors invited here, shooting megafauna might just be a part of it." He looked at the stew again, composing a short song on how the proud creature died to land on a plate of warriors. "Or not, with Phoenix peacefulness and all that." Ruhe spoke open-mindedly. His intention was to have a conversation, not to prove anyone wrong. Still, he somewhat shared fellow Unicorn's sentiment.

Ancestral Power Morin Khuur (!!!), less important stuff like arms, blades and shells

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 am 
Tsuruchi Hayato wrote:
"I suppose I can look into that survey." Hayato replied after a moment. "Though it might be missing an opportunity as well as it were." He looked over the group. "I believe we are all here for the miai so wouldn't getting together in person be a better way to help with the miai?

"We already have four of us, three gentlemen and a lady. If we could find two more young ladies to join us, local or otherwise we would have a even six and a even ratio to men and women. Then we just need to find a good place to find out more about the planet and each other." Plus it would match the days lucky number.

He raises an eyebrow. "Interesting. I believe there's 46 people in the miai however, so that'd still be 40 people short." He brings up his densai. "The Tsuruchi logo still have a bow and arrow motif or has it changed?"

Equipment: Sensible Clothing w/pockets, Wakizashi, Densai, Communicator Holorecorder, Revitalizer, personal seal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:01 am 
Chiruha gave a few appreciative nods at Hayato, "Not quite an answer but I do appreciate your consideration on the matter, Tsuruchi-sama. I would be more than interested to hear what sort of thoughts you might have in a few days."

She gave Mal-Chin a small smile, "No need to go overboard for me, especially when you have so many things you have to do for yourself first. It's probably better to get the answers face-to-face. It's easy to write an answer probably harder to tell someone directly, ne? I wouldn't mind taking a look if you want. It would be interesting to have more art locally. I think we've been so busy with our scientific and cataloguing efforts that it would be great to hear what sort of things are inspired by the wilderness, not from the mind but the heart. Six people would be easy to manage...but yeah, everyone would be great. Uhm...am I too late or did my father talk to everyone into owning an otori?"

Run by GM Boogiepop / Art by Joanne Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:03 am 
He shakes his head. "No, not as of yet. He hasn't made an appearance."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am 
"Aye, but it's a start." Hayato replied with an amused smile. "Plus its a bit hard to fit forty six people into a tea room, or anything else aside from a large tent."

Downing the rest of his sake he beckoned over a servant for a refill. "No a bow and arrow motif will do." No one would recognize who they were if they used any other symbol.after all this time after all.

Carries: Wakazashi, Sidearm(where appropriate). Cigarettes, Lighter, Communicator, Densai, Holorecorder, Gun belt, earphones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:06 am 
Mal-Chin nods, and sends the file.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 am 
Deciding to take in "local cuisine", Tenma decided to head to the pink tent. The smells were certainly... unique.

Finding a seat near two Unicorn and a Lion; Specifically a Moto, an Utake, and a Matsu.

Matsu Chiyoko wrote:

Utaku Hyeon-ju wrote:

Moto Ruhe wrote:

"May I? The seat, that is."

Last edited by Bayushi Tenma on Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The law never rests."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:13 am 
"Oh, he hasn't yet?" she said, a bit surprised that her father had made sure that the guests would share the same appreciation of keeping an Otori.

"I kind of surprised it wasn't the first thing he did when the guests first appeared. Well, maybe it's soon or a matter of time. It's a bit wild how he thinks he's going to manage this," she gave a shake of her head at the idea and looked back up with a smile. "Well, when you do eventually find yourself with an Otori...I'm not exactly the best vet at the Shiro but I do have a pretty good understanding of how the Otori are and their health. I'd be more than willing to make my rounds around the Shiro to ensure that each Otori is happy with their rider...and of course, each rider is happy with their Otori. They aren't exactly like an ornithopter or a bike you could just turn on and take back to the garage whenever you're done, that should be pretty obvious."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:34 am 
That brought a smirk to his lips. "It seems you're well on your way to helping me buy an Otori on your own Asako-sama."

"If i do by chance find myself with one though, I'm sure I'll get in touch." He paused a moment to look at his desai and accept the document before looking back to the others.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:14 am 
Chiruha chuckled apologetically with a wave of her hand. "Please, Tsuruchi-sama, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to buying an Otori...Especially, if you don't plan on keeping it on Asakaze. They are rather majestic and proud birds but I don't think they do too well when away from their kin. It's something we're still learning about them at the moment. It's perhaps their personal temperament or their spiritual embodiment but they tend to grow rather...unenthused and depressed when taken away..."

She paused for a moment, perhaps allowing the implications sink in. "...They don't especially live a long life elsewhere..."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:58 am 
Akodo Akihiko wanders into the pink tent after arriving at a respectable, not-too-early time. He smiles pleasantly to attendees as well as servants, trying the local stew and politely declining a second helping. Finally, armed with weak sake, he ponders one of the illustrations, suddenly curious if each tent is marketing a similar future.

(OOC: Excited to chat--please PM if approaching.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:07 pm 
Akodo Akihiko wrote:
Akodo Akihiko wanders into the pink tent after arriving at a respectable, not-too-early time. He smiles pleasantly to attendees as well as servants, trying the local stew and politely declining a second helping. Finally, armed with weak sake, he ponders one of the illustrations, suddenly curious if each tent is marketing a similar future.

(OOC: Excited to chat--please PM if approaching.)

Standing nearby was a young Crane woman in an elegant sky blue kimono decorated with branches of pale sakura blossoms. She seems to be frowning at the artwork a little, tilting her head to the side and tapping the stylus of the densai she's holding against her lips. It takes her a moment to notice a presence, but once she does, she quickly bows, giving a sunny smile. "Oh! Good evening-" a quick glance at mons took place "-Akodo-sama. I'm Daidoji Shizuku." Their Clans' traditional rivalry gave no reason not to be perfectly pleasant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:15 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
Chiruha chuckled apologetically with a wave of her hand. "Please, Tsuruchi-sama, I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to buying an Otori...Especially, if you don't plan on keeping it on Asakaze. They are rather majestic and proud birds but I don't think they do too well when away from their kin. It's something we're still learning about them at the moment. It's perhaps their personal temperament or their spiritual embodiment but they tend to grow rather...unenthused and depressed when taken away..."

She paused for a moment, perhaps allowing the implications sink in. "...They don't especially live a long life elsewhere..."

"I'll certainly keep that in mind, just in case I'm tempted." Wouldn't want to kill a creature just to say he had owned one after all. "But you said you ride them? I take it they have sort of advantage over other kinds of transportation?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:15 pm 
Asako Chiruha wrote:
"Speaking of development..." Chiruha regarded each samurai in her company. "I guess that would be an interesting question to ask around here, especially with the message and aspirations of the future. Does anyone here have an idea of what could benefit Shiro Yaoke in the future? There's a possibility that you'll be leaving here and destined to another world but also the possibility of finding your home here too."

"I'll have to second Tsuruchi-san here. A Tour around the city and the Wilderness would be lovely." He listend to the conversation about the Otori. He knew they eat them here, but that they were also used as mount was interesting.
"These Otori. What else is intersting about them?" Nishida inquired.

Asako Mal-Chin wrote:
Mal-Chin nods, and sends the file.

"Is there some kind of survey here, Asako-san?" he said directed to Mal Chin.

Accompanied by: Akechi - Bodyguard
Pet: Mochi - Shiba Inu
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next