It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: D1 Side Event: Welcome banquet (red tent)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:01 pm 
Akemi was very focused on eating, hoping that the madness will somehow sort itself by the time she was done with that piece... And that other piece... And seconds please...

Still not? Oh dammit.

Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
"Good one, Hida-san, I didn't expect the humor so soon", he said with an honest chuckle. "Where would you like to meet?"

"Why don't you guess? Yes. A riddle. Dragon-style. I've got money, I've got a bike, I've got a lot of energy to spend, where will I be tonight?"

Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"You're playing into his hand Hida-san. Come on, let's get a drink. If you need an excuse for tonight, I'm planning to head into a hole in the wall in the Lower City." [...] Tetsu keeps nudging Akemi back away toward Tsukiko.

She whispered, looking at her (never empty due to the servants' diligence) sake cup: "I'm not sure drinking even more is a good idea. Might do stupid things."

Moto Ganbold wrote:
"Playing the injured opponent is good tactics, Daigotsu-sama. It leads people to make all kinds of assumptions. I commend your skill. But I would think you were made of stronger stuff than that."

"Hey, I'm not considered injured anymore. Passed all tests for battle-readiness successfully with my new arm. Best in Crab technology. As good as the old one even if it requires far more upkeep."

Finally realizing this was supposed to be an excuse to help her, she tried to find a way to rephrase that. But found no argument that wouldn't say ill of her physical abilities, the Crab engineering or the care with which Kyoko kept the delicate mechanic at full efficiency. And she wasn't badmouthing any of the three.

Bayushi Akagi wrote:
“Excuse me,” he said. “I’m Bayushi Akagi. Did Daigotsu-chui mention he wished to tell a story? The Obsidian Legion has a fearsome reputation, and I’m sure a combat commander of your obvious experience would have many impressive tales to tell.”

"Oh, I'm interested in Daigotsu-sama stories. Lots of stories. All the stories. Please tell until dawn about distant worlds where you are and I am not. Actually, could all of you do that? To each other?"

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:39 pm 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul smiled. "Well, here's hoping things'll look up. What do you think about a little wilderness expedition?"

He nodded. "Kitsune Izumi-sama, this is Moto Ganbold. Moto Ganbold-san, this is Kitsune Izumi."

Izumi had been retrieving his comm from it's pouch. The Kitsune FoxComm 210 blinked it's ears happily as Izumi accidentally turned off Quiet Mode.

He bowed . . . well bobbed slightly to the Moto and waved hello with one hand.

Moto Ganbold wrote:
"I think that'd be neat, Shinjo-san! Seems like there's a whole bunch of mushrooms out there...dojo's practically made out of 'em. I think there's probably all kinds of cool critters out there!"

"Ohtheydobuildwiththefungalstalksthen? Nakauchi-sanandIwonderedaboutthatwhenwewereoutintheforestearlier."

There was a happy yip from the comm unit as it shared details with Yul's.

Glory 1.3 * Status 4.0 * Honour What is Expected

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Current Hair Colour: D12
Rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:34 pm 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
Oh thank kami

The wave that Tsukiko gives offers is a relief with things brewing.

"A thousand pardons Daigotsu-san, I don't know what you're talking about. I am sorry if you were offended by something" In spite of the words, Tetsu keeps nudging Akemi back away toward Tsukiko. It would be better if it was assumed Tetsu was oblivious rather than openly scornful...that was a Crab stereotype after all.

"Whew, sorry about that Bayushi-san. And thank you." Tetsu offers Tsukiko a sheepish smile. "Ooooh" The sound is a bit louder than he might, but the Oblivious Crab card was still in play, and it was a way to say that Tetsu had moved on

"You're welcome," she whispers back before returning to play with Yube, tickling him with her free hand.

Ujina Jin wrote:
"Ah, he was a gift from my sister, who acquired him on...one planet or the other during her duties, I am not exactly sure." He observed the tiny monkey crawling up the finger, obviously hunting for treats. "Don't overeat yourself now!" He waved his own finger at the finger monkey.

"Is this your first miai?" He asked idly the Scorpion.

She covers her mouth briefly as she giggles, shocked that he would ask such a question but not offended. He probably didn't mean anything by it and it'd be too tiring to be offended this early at any rate.

"Ha! That's pretty funny, but yes, this is my first miai. I don't think you can attend more than one, but it'd sure be embarrassing if you did. Why do you ask? Is this your first miai, Jin-san?"

Servant Naoki Carrying: Sidearm, Portable Computer, Holorecorder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:38 pm 
Jin nodded gravely. "Hai, my first. Well, it might be embarassing, but what if your spouse died? Would it still be the same? Perhaps died in some tragic accident." That philosophical thought seemed to occupy the Hare's mind for a moment.

The little monkey squealed in delight, ignoring his owner. "Beware though, he can be bitey if he gets agitated." He smirked then started moving towards the food. "Would Bayushi-san like some of what is on offer?"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:47 pm 
"Funny, it's my first too! What a conincidence" Tetsu deadpans in response. "He is a cute little beastie"

When Serious: Heavy Armor
"Drumstick" the Otori

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 pm 
Hida Akemi wrote:
"Oh, I'm interested in Daigotsu-sama stories. Lots of stories. All the stories. Please tell until dawn about distant worlds where you are and I am not. Actually, could all of you do that? To each other?"

"Excellent idea. Good evening, then Hida-san. I'll gladly blab on about my exploits to anyone who wishes to stay."

It was clear he was letting her leave because of magical time warp tempo making her the assaulted party, even though she really was in truth anyway.

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 pm 
Fundai Tetsu wrote:
"Funny, it's my first too! What a conincidence" Tetsu deadpans in response. "He is a cute little beastie"

"Ah, gomen..Kaiu-sama?" He guessed based on his mons. "Yube is both cute and a beast." He eyed him sternly. "Well, at least we all have it in common, being on our first miai!"

Combat outfit: light armor, daisho, rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:55 pm 
Yul's commlink was just a simple military issue one; it gave a simple beep as they exchanged info. "Maybe I should put a sticker or something on it..." He muttered.

"Oh, that stuff was made out of fungal stalks! Of course!" Yul shook his head, his ponytail keeping his long hair in check. "I saw it in the dojo, but I couldn't figure out what sort of wood it was." He nodded. "Yeah, I've gotta get a closer look at all of this sometime. Or an aerial view. That'd be even better." Yul sighed.

Danger!: Armor, marksman's rifle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:27 pm 
Daigotsu Shokomaru wrote:
Hida Akemi wrote:

"Excellent idea. Good evening, then Hida-san. I'll gladly blab on about my exploits to anyone who wishes to stay."

"Yes, Daigotsu-chui, you simply must tell us about your great victories," the Bayushi said, with a hint of a sardonic smile.

-
1EE Express interest in war stories AWA/Sincerity: 4d10o10k3 14 oof

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:43 pm 
Bayushi Akagi wrote:
"Yes, Daigotsu-chui, you simply must tell us about your great victories," the Bayushi said, with a hint of a sardonic smile.

-
1EE Express interest in war stories AWA/Sincerity: 4d10o10k3 14 oof

Shokomaru looked at the Scorpion with severe disappointment on his face.

"Oh, how sincere", he let the old Crab addage fly with a side order of irony. He finished his drink and went back to get more skewers, he was through with these clowns and their circus

, Status: 4, Glory: 1

Carries: Sidearm, wakizashi, Densai, uniform/leisure or traditional clothes, cigs, fan.
Armor, Daisho, Rifle for battle.
Description

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:02 pm 
The Scorpion's smile widened as the Daigotsu commander retreated. Probably unwise to show that, he reflected, but he found himself unable to stop. Drawing a fan from his sleeve, Akagi opened it and attempted to conceal his expression as he joined a different conversation.

"The meat was a bit spicy," he explained as he fanned himself.

when appropriate: otori mount, light armor, standard rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:35 pm 
The nth cockfight of the evening was really pushing it. She excused herself and exited the tent. There, she might have walked out of view between the trees and let out a terrifying scream. Eventually, she went back to her seat. Or not.

[on a Schrödinger's location, maybe back at the tent, maybe taking a break outside; PM before engaging please]

Carries, when angry: Tetsubo, Heavy Armor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:05 am 
Shinjo Yul wrote:
Yul's commlink was just a simple military issue one; it gave a simple beep as they exchanged info. "Maybe I should put a sticker or something on it..." He muttered.

"Oh, that stuff was made out of fungal stalks! Of course!" Yul shook his head, his ponytail keeping his long hair in check. "I saw it in the dojo, but I couldn't figure out what sort of wood it was." He nodded. "Yeah, I've gotta get a closer look at all of this sometime. Or an aerial view. That'd be even better." Yul sighed.

"Takeagasmask. Theydroptheseyellowgunksporesthatareabitacidic."

He pocketed his comm.

"Ormaybeit'salkaline. Burning anyway."

He didn't notice the flashing ears sticking out of his pocket as his FoxComm 210 searched for more comm idents to save.

Carries: Wakizashi, sidearm, spellslates, communicator, densai, medicine pack, kami-pet.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:14 am 
"Oh." Yul blinked. "Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure to pick one up."

He smiled at Izumi. "Anything else you can think of? I wonder if we can get any maps. Maybe there's some sights to see. Or territory that needs exploring. Or maybe a danger zone..." He smirked. "That last one's for avoiding. Probably."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:17 am 
"Brought mine! A prepared marine is a smart marine." Ganbold nodded sagely as he repeated the words of his gunso. After all, the Spider used all kinds of nasty stuff in an effort to avoid a righteous clobberin'.

"I heard they have a temple out in the wilderness, like. Might be cool!"

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:32 am 
"I'mgonnagototheTempleafterthisandseewhatIcanfindoutaboutthebigones. Iguesstheentirebiometakesit'scuesfromthegiantfungi, butjustwantotmakesurefirst. Nomoresurprisesliketheyellowspores."

Giant insects and colourful lizards taken in stride, the Fox wanted to know how the planet ticked with a fungal base to it's flora.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:31 am 
Yul's eyebrows went up. "After this as in right after this? Or after this as in, say tomorrow?"

He grimaced. "I've got a thing I said I was going to do." A pause. "Oh, also, I guess it's getting dark."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:53 pm 
"I'd be up for it tomorrow, for sure!" Ganbold boomed. "Brought my gasmask and everything, so should be all set!"

Wears: Sturdy, sensible clothing. A scimitar and a wakizashi. His communicator.
FIGHTING!: Heavy Armor, Khal Tugalga: His Sidearm, Three Swords, Advanced Gas Mask, Night-Vision Goggles.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:12 pm 
"WelltheTempleisn'tfaraway. Ratherdothereadingtonightthantomorrow. AndIneedtogobuyagasmaskalthoughforthereallybigbloomsyouneedtotakecover."

He stared at the empty skewer in his hand for a moment, trying to decide if he wanted more tasty BBQ lizard.

Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:02 pm 
"I still need to get a mask, too." Yul said, frowning. "Hey, Moto-san, send me the specs on yours later, would you?" He trusted a marine like Ganbold to know his gear.

"Uh..." Yul frowned a moment; deciphering Izumi wasn't getting easier. Maybe if they did a trip together. "Reading? What's that about a reading?"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next